* Your best Berget 7 moment *

Feedback e debriefings from Berget 7.
Roska
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Roska » 29 Jun 2009, 17:44

Well, it must have been when the NATO came to create a sort of a checkpoint to a crossroads close to our base.

We were told by our company leader that the NATO players hadn't had enough action (they had been guarding something for most of the time and hadn't seen any action...?) and that berget crew had asked us to arrange some for them... :) So we took a platoon sized force of volunteers in order to create some action for them.

Me, my squad leader and our photographer decided to walk there down the road and pretend we were two local SRP fighters covering a press reporter who was doing some photographing and such for the upcoming elections. We got stopped, searched and handled by the NATO-guys and got to do some LARPing with few NATO-guys. I would like to thank Espen (that was your name, right?) and the other norwegian guy for it, it was awesome situation :)
Last edited by Roska on 29 Jun 2009, 18:20, edited 3 times in total.

Murrdohk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Murrdohk » 29 Jun 2009, 17:52

I do believe you're right Roska and I would like to personally thank you and your guys for giving us a little action. I was in Oscar 1 Alpha and was the only American in the otherwise all Norwegian company. Up until that point in the event, almost all we did was recon, patrols, and guard duty. I was one of the medics there and ended up being the only one that survived that encounter. I also got the chance to heal one of your guys that was taken prisoner, though I didn't catch his name. Anyway, thanks again for the good time. :D
B7 - NATO Oscar 1 Alpha Infantry / Medic
B8 - Civilian Medic / Poldavion 3rd Mountaineers Echo Company
B9 - Poldavion 3rd Mountaineers 5th Platoon/Delta Squad Medic

warbeast
Newbee
Newbee

Post by warbeast » 29 Jun 2009, 17:55

Roska wrote:Me, my squad leader and our photographer decided to walk there down the road and pretend we were two local SRP fighters covering a press reporter who was doing some photographing and such for the upcoming elections. We got stopped, searched and handled by the NATO-guys and go to do some LARPing with few NATO-guys :P I would like to thank Espen (that was your name, right?) and the other norwegian guy for it :) it was awesome situation :)
Was it on friday evening ?
if so i was the guy (multicam) who searched you and handed over to be guarded. I felt from the begining what theres something fishy about your arrival.
I must say the fighting on the crossroads made my day :)
B7 - NATO Oscar Coy, 2nd Platoon
The Few, The Deadly, The Lithuanians !!!

looky
Newbee
Newbee

Post by looky » 29 Jun 2009, 17:59

The best moments from my Berget experience.

First up: Pressing Mr. Yuri Orlov on money in church. That felt so right for my role and it was very satisfying :D .

Second: Telling the girls that i wanted them to do a car wash.

Thirdly: Seeing their faces when they realist i wasn't joking and that it was a bucket and a couple of sponges under my arm :P .

Last but not least: Being interrogated and beaten (on a regular basis) by cops and NATO MP :?.
Berget 7 - Purple Shirt Guy

Yuri Orlov - he pimped my wallet true pimp style
Thumbs up, man....

Kanje
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Kanje » 29 Jun 2009, 17:59

Tystnad wrote:Cogo; Then it mustve been you guys on the barroof when we coordinated the kidnapping of the Doctor? If so, did we actually get any of you before the sieze fire?
I was also on the roof. Cogo opened fire as soon as the police officer shouted "Skjut" (="shoot"), seconds later he added "-inte" (="not").

The police officer took a BB, but we were able to heal him.

btw, I also got a blowkiss :lol:

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 29 Jun 2009, 18:15

My best moments are distributed all over the game. I never fired a BB since I was S6 (COM officer) in NATO HQ and handled the radios with Thinker and his excellent fellow Swedish mates Joachim et al. ( Landie, Exomorph and Zsaar )

Quite frankly - without Thinker and those other Swedish radio operators the whole shebang could have gone drastically wrong. They saved us a lot of setup- and organisational trouble.

We had no idea what radios and monophones we would be issued by BE, and I simply panic-bought a Puxing-888 from 409shop in Hong Kong. It arrived by DHL the day before I rode off to the game and needed to be programmed asap. Thinker sorted that out in a couple of minutes on his XP computer since the daft USB programming cable had no compatible Vista driver and I had to give up programming it on my Vista laptop.

That Puxing-888 later served as our main base station since it had a better (long) antenna than the preprogrammed, short-antenna, portable BE rental radios.

Quite frankly - aside from the daily challenge of running that COM centre on a 24h basis (which was a blast for a dedicated COM dude as me ):

The very day Thinker (Ronny Ohlsson) and his radio operators entered the OPS-room was my best moment as Berget participant and S6. It's a damn pity you buggered off before I could buy you guys a crate of beer as a Thank You For excellent service and conduct. You guys did my job easy and YOU were the backbone of our COM roleplay in that OPS centre.

You actually outperformed much of what I've seen professionally.

Missed you at the beer party and damn proud to run that ops with you guys. :)
Last edited by motorhead on 01 Jul 2009, 09:28, edited 3 times in total.
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog

dunedan
Private
Private

Post by dunedan » 29 Jun 2009, 18:41

Friday - the long march followed by the wonderfull sneak attack! :D

On friday NATO's Bravo Company had a mission to take Miners hut then take the bunker and finally attack Yuri Orolov's base.
Me; Affe and a few others (Master Mag,X-ray,Dog and PJ) where to catch up with Bravo Company as we were beat from the previous day and where lagging behind. So after eating and guardning the base for a short while we headed East. P.J and Dog wanted to regroup with Bravo and me Master Mag and X-Ray where all about attacking Orolovs base.
After we had past Miners hut on the south side we heard a big battle farther towards the south, but our mission was to meat up with our group and not to get diverted by battles, so we past the fighting. Dog was constantly on the radio trying to get contact with our company. He did how ever get contact with some other teams and gave false commands that Nato was about to attack.

We misscalculated wich mountain we where on once, but we were on the right course and we held that course with help of PJ's contstant compass checkings. When coming up on the final big hill we Dog got contact with our Company, but they told us to "Shut the F-up" as we where contacting them at the very moment they where sneaking to attack the bunker. So we all figured we would head on to Orolovs base and give the russians some lead.

A few kilometers from the Orolov base Dog broke the stock of his gun, so we sat down to fix it when we spotted a Russian sniper. Two shot at him and as he dident seem to take hit so four of us opend full auto fire at him and he was down! Now more alert and very paranoid we sneaked on towards the Orolov base. We where runing really low on water!
Before the final approach towards the base we sat down and smoked some cigaretts and drew a plan in the sand. We where going to approach the base from behind, near the very eastern border of the game area. As we approached we found their respawn, Master Mag and X-ray reconed and the rest of us got stuck by mosquitos in the bushes while waiting. Dog forgot the Radio off and after turning it of we finally we got radio contact with them and regrouped with Master mag and X-ray behind the most eastern wall of dirt in Orolovs base.
We then saw a tank with rockets and swore over not having an damn enginer with us.

Sneaking on the southern side of the base we crossed open space running paralell with the dirt walls surrounding the eastern side of the base into the forest. We crawled over rock and grass and caught our breath in the forest on the mountain side on the north eastern side. After a small argument how to approach X-Ray took the lead and crawled thrue the flowers and grass towards a 1m high dirt bank on the edge of their camp, where we where to fire down on the Russians. The rock under our stomachs where sharp and andrenalin was high, I followed X-Ray and the rest wehere behind. Only PJ was in the forest line ready to shoot any aproaching guards.
While crawling I could clearly see people off to the south, they had only need look up to see us, we where out in the sun in not high enough grass. X-Ray stopped and I was crawling to his side to have a word, we where still 5m from the dirt bank when two Russians came up over the bank. The first guy dident see us at first, then when I saw the supprise in his eyes I started fireing at him.

All hell broke loose!
I got off my crawling ass as fast as my tired knees could manage and ran like a motherfucker towards the bank and fired down into the base, the Russians where impressingly fast to react! They registerd the attack in an instant and people where flying all over the place for their weponds and cover. Some dident have shirts and must have felt the sweet sting of our NATO BB's that were fireing in the hundreds from our guns.
Andrenalin! Aaaah it was a firefight! All that sneaking slowness of our approach was washed away with the pure action and total concentration in the moment of total chaos...must hit, must survive! Quick duck behind the cover of the bank and then fast as hell up take aim shoot, move to towards the left aim and shoot again then duck. People where all over the place and bullets where flying.

Master Mag and X-ray where 15m to my right behind some bushes fireing away, me and Dog where behind the dirt bank and PJ was in the forest... all fireing like mad. I kept popping my head up and fireing and not getting hit just like in a action movie, suddenly I heard Mastermag and X-ray get hit, then I heard Dog get hit and then I got hit in the head. Then some badass Russian ran up the bank and shot me in the back, which must have looked fucking awsome!
P.J was still bursting away at them from the forest, the Russians where fireing like crazy into the forest and finally even he got hit.
Some guy was fireing from a tent and hiding in it and a few dident seem to get hit but we dident care, it was an awsome if short fight!

Then we got healed and capture. I emidiatly put my hands on my head as all my money was in my hat. I was searched and they dident find anything. Dog unfortunatly was searched and they found all of Bravos radio channels. They handcuffed X-ray and rolled him arround and found his SJ train ticket with booking codes and took it not understanding shit what it was about only assuming it was really important.
They first asked us if we wanted water and I said "Yes" they said "Toobad we dont have any water" and smiled a wicked smile. But then we did get water "I'ts only a game", and that was great cause we only had together a couple oth dl left. The Russians seemed to be happy someone finally had attacked their far off placed base. We followed an officer who was all smiles and had a great attitude, out of the Russian base, refilled our waterbottles and walked on the road toward our unknown future.

Guarded by a girl and another russian we were wispering escape plans but the girl spoke swedish which cut our escape talk short...execpt for one of us who was spilling the beans.
Walking on a actual road after the days hike cross contry felt wonderfull. We met a polis car with four smiling cops who drove past.
Finally meeting up with some more Russians, some only armed with hand guns, we walked up towards Bashir City. Several times they complained that our walking speed was too fast and that we should be tired after the days march. We couldent help it that is just how we walk lol.
We got to be operation human shield and walk infront of the Russians as we met some seperatists, at least they dident attack and we could continue to Bashir. At the gates to Bashit Master Mag and the Russian officer went into town to talk to the police. Apparently he said that we where seven prisoners and that we had raped children. The police dident want us and the Russian officer said he would shoot us. So having the code name "Trippel Ost" for run as fast as possible for escape we where on our tows. The Russians smiled at us and said we where free to go, now when someone smiles like that and says we are free...you just know you are going to be shot in the back!
Further down the road the seperatists waited for us, so we walked 50m from the Russians and then ran into the forest fleeing for our lives. We felt more than a little fortunate and grateful that they hadent shot us in the back.

On our way back to the Nato base we encounterd Russians who held Travelers Lodge, where we all died and I emptied three magazines on a group without one kill....hmm
We walked back to base and emidiatly got the order that we where to get in trucks and attack Orolovs base...but we where beat and ate dinner and drank water and did some patroling then went to bed.
Friday filled all my expictations of Berget, it was awsome! :D

Red approaching way, blue line after being captured: http://2dwrap.com/private/map.jpg
If you can't be a good example be a horrible warning!

Ukkosleka
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Ukkosleka » 29 Jun 2009, 19:25

Murrdohk wrote:I do believe you're right Roska and I would like to personally thank you and your guys for giving us a little action. I was in Oscar 1 Alpha and was the only American in the otherwise all Norwegian company. Up until that point in the event, almost all we did was recon, patrols, and guard duty. I was one of the medics there and ended up being the only one that survived that encounter. I also got the chance to heal one of your guys that was taken prisoner, though I didn't catch his name. Anyway, thanks again for the good time. :D
That prisoner would be me. Sorry bout the guys who got shot because of you ^^ ( I had a small, concealed pistol with me, hidden under my chest rig) Also sorry about the misunderstanding concerning that pistol and the death of some of your squad leaders :P

My best moment was probably after the game when me and my buddy were walking downhill after the beer party, headed for bed. Right then, watching the beatiful view, thats when I realised I had had a great game and a wonderful experience.

Deki_AKS
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Deki_AKS » 29 Jun 2009, 19:43

Best moments:

day1
Engaging 50+ NATO soldiers with my section of 12 men North-West of Bashir City. I had the advantage of knowing the terrain arround Bashir city (B6) so we led them into a trap. We killed more than 50 of them with only one wounded player. We had great defensive positions and they were charging in hard! I was yelling like madman to my guys to keep shooting and shoot they did :).
When I noticed a low in the action I pulled my section out to the North-West expecting NATO troops to follow. They already started with flanking but we were fast enough to get out of the circle. We all loled when we heard them firing on eachother. We then did a 3h hike to the south, evading NATO patrols on the crossroads, walking through the swamp (Trashers favourite :) ), passing Milo's roadblock (defusing a claymore :D ) and then safely returning to Yuri's base for well deserved r&r.

day2
Our mission was to help Milo's (who were declared friendly) against a mass NATO attack at their base and the bunker North of their base.
Again, my section got a great position in a 20m long ditch just a few meters from the road. We fought there for more than 1h killing tons of NATO guys. We even used the oldest trick in the book,..
red - don't shoot friendlies, friendlies!!
blue - this is bravo coy, who is this?
red - this is charlie coy, come over here!!
blue - ok *crawling to our position*
red - daga-daga-dag
blue - don't shooot!!
red - sorry, sorry friendly fire,..we will send you our medic,...
blue - no, ...it's ok, we have our own
red - daga-daga-dag *shot the medic too*
... and still they were comming :D

With 50% casualities we joined with the mix of Yuri's and Milo's fighters and pushed hard on the hill above the bunker. We took the bunker and then we lost it again. More reinforcements came and we took the bunker again, this time for good.

day3
Atacking the SRP base,..that is allways hard, cause you guys were dug in neck deep. Your snipers/DMR's were taking my guys out one by one.

day4
early morning sneaking towards SRP base with 4 more guys,..I was the only one left and decided to crawl towards enemy bunker. I was doing it for almost 1,5h fighting with the mosquitos and branches on the ground.
I cought their routine with Aurapa(spelling) and tryed to convince them that im friendly. They started asking some questions in their language and then I knew I was taost :D. Got the lollypop though :P and had a nice conversation with Olli and his guys.

Bashir city
loved it!
B5 Vasiliy Coy - Platoon leader
B6 NATO - Foxtrot Two Platon Leader
B7 ORC - Section leader
B8 Poldavian 3rd Mountain QRF
B9 my son was born
B10 Poldavian 15th sappers 1st Platoon Leader

Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

Roska
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Roska » 29 Jun 2009, 19:51

Deki_AKS wrote:day4
...I cought their routine with Aurapa(spelling) and tryed to convince them that im friendly. They started asking some questions in their language and then I knew I was taost :D...
You silly people :P

The yell was "Äyräpää", after the battle of Äyräpää-Vuosalmi of World war 2 :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vuosalmi

Valtsu
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Valtsu » 29 Jun 2009, 20:28

Deki_AKS wrote:Best moments:

day4
early morning sneaking towards SRP base with 4 more guys,..I was the only one left and decided to crawl towards enemy bunker. I was doing it for almost 1,5h fighting with the mosquitos and branches on the ground.
I cought their routine with Aurapa(spelling) and tryed to convince them that im friendly. They started asking some questions in their language and then I knew I was taost :D. Got the lollypop though :P and had a nice conversation with Olli and his guys.
It was you! Thanks dude! :lol: Sitting three hours in a fox hole was really worth it when we heard your slow advancing the last hour and a half. You shouting Äyräpää was pretty smart move, and made us to hesitate for a few seconds. :oops: Really one of the best moments in the game, guard duty haven't been ever so much fun.

Cheers!

-The guy with lollipops :P
Last edited by Valtsu on 29 Jun 2009, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.

Cosmo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Cosmo » 29 Jun 2009, 20:33

Not exactly at home, but will update this with a wall of text when i do get home.

The best moment of Berget 7 for me atleast, was the convoy battlegroup operation NATO pulled the second night. It was purely awesome, and the Foxtrot company performed admirably. Had a good time and even thou we almost got airstriked by own HQ, it was a great experiance. :D
B10 - NAF23 - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon - Second Squad
B9 - NAF6 - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon
B8 - NAF23 - Foxtrot Company - Third Platoon - Bravo Squad
B7 - NATO - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon - Bravo Squad

Roska
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Roska » 29 Jun 2009, 21:38

Murrdohk wrote:I do believe you're right Roska and I would like to personally thank you and your guys for giving us a little action. I was in Oscar 1 Alpha and was the only American in the otherwise all Norwegian company. Up until that point in the event, almost all we did was recon, patrols, and guard duty. I was one of the medics there and ended up being the only one that survived that encounter. I also got the chance to heal one of your guys that was taken prisoner, though I didn't catch his name. Anyway, thanks again for the good time. :D
Well I am happy we succeeded in that :) We hoped that the little we did atleast gave someone something to remember :)

I didn't personally participate in to the fighting though, as right after we got shot (and saved) by the players down the road, we escaped trough the woods. Our plan had been to cause some trouble or disturb you so that the forces advancing in the forest would have had better opportunity to attack. Also, we tried to take one of your guys as a prisoner when he started to follow us, but that didn't happend as some of our own guys ended up shooting us :D
warbeast wrote:Was it on friday evening ?
if so i was the guy (multicam) who searched you and handed over to be guarded. I felt from the begining what theres something fishy about your arrival.
I must say the fighting on the crossroads made my day Smile
Yes, this must have been friday evening, don't remember anymore :P
We were hoping to get trough easily and then perhaps do something, but it wasn't all that fishy.... :P although it was made to appear that way :) But it's great that you had a good time :)

Wastel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Wastel » 29 Jun 2009, 21:47

It was Saturday and the game was always over, only a few minutes left. Me and my squad and platoon were tired, thirsty and fighting hardly at Bashir City until our commander shouted the last time "Kettu 2, IRTI!!" meaning we have to leave the city immediately. We ran up to the hill. There we stopped, the sun was shining towards and we watched down to the city, taking pictures, sitting, smoking, leaning on our guns and listening to the last NATO soldiers' faint shooting sounds. I had nothing to say, I was just watching and listening. That was the moment I will never forget.

I had also many, many, many other amazing moments. My visit at Bashir City as the mayor's daughter turned to really exciting when the city was attacked by angry soldiers. I still survived, I only injured. Well, I have to confess I had not only a bomb in my belly, but also a gas pistol... Just in case ;)
Don't mess with the ÄYRÄPÄÄ
Berget 7 - SRP - Fox 2
Berget 8 - Sixth Mercenaries
Berget 9 - UN

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Crapgame » 29 Jun 2009, 22:16

first of all, the most fun moment of the whole berget was when i was walking back with blackwolf to base and someone asked on the radio what to do and Morgan aka tiger_1, our S3 officer, says on the radio -"KILL THEM ALL" me, blackwolf and parts of Foxtrot laughed relly hard!

second was me being out with Mike, india 2ic, and Igby, Nato hq, and some random flectarn guy. India coy was fighting Milos and was screaming alot. So we went far out left walking around and up the ass of Milos and starting to pick them out from behind and they yelled -"NO..MILOS..MILOS!!!" and we were thinking, yeah but were not!.
then we went looking for the bunker and took us all the way there and just as we engaged the reds our own people showed up, shot us and then healed up.

For some reason people were sitting in the treeline and behind cars so me and mike just assaulted the bunker and got to the top where we got pinned down and quikly we ran out of ammo. well after a while we got shot and by that time only 2-3 people had try to come help us. rest of the nato guys satt still in the tree line..... it was frekin intense!

Third, Tystnad and the guys in ODA-903 were to help nato set up a drugdeal to capture the dealers and end the dealing. somewhere this went wrong and the undercover people in ODA-903 could not go trough. i then took initiative and went to do a deal myself, i got the doctor to show me the stuff and then i got the MPs to find the package he dropped and then they grabbed him in a driveby with ODA covering when NAF(?) tried to fire. also ODA had bribed the police to do nothing. Great work from both ODA-903 and the MPs.
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech