Element Type 52 Red dot / Swiss Eye Experiences

Discuss about your experiences concerning guns & equipment
Waldo
Captain
Captain

Element Type 52 Red dot / Swiss Eye Experiences

Post by Waldo » 19 Jan 2011, 00:06

Hej,

I am a huge fan of the normal M4 iron-sights, but I think that I want to get a red dot for this years Berget. I stumbled over the Element Type 52. Its price is ~80€ at a german retailer.

Does anybody have experiences with this model, or can recommend another red dot?

And the second question :P

I'm starting to hate my Bollé x900 goggles because of their uncomortable fit and unclear glass. Now I want to switch to a nice pair of glasses. I heard that Swiss Eye makes good ones.
What is your opinion of that company and their products. Can you recommend a specific model?
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

Spacebert
Private
Private

Post by Spacebert » 19 Jan 2011, 09:01

ESS Crossbow all the way :D

don't know anything about the eotech though
Jag ar en delfintranare

B8- 38th LMR
Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers, 1st platoon

The one and only Dolfin Trainer!

Splinter-B
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Splinter-B » 19 Jan 2011, 12:31

I've been using Swiss eye (Stingray model) for about a year and so far they have never fogged up on me yet. I am very pleased with them.

I also use the eotech replica (the smaller version than the one you show) and have had no problem so far. Provides a good means for fast aiming over reasonable distance. Mind you though, I do not have experience with any other red dot style system.
B9 - NAF, 3rd Ranger Battalion
-------------------------------------
www.adventuregear.gr

Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Post by Eldoriath » 20 Jan 2011, 07:36

Dunno if this will be a helpfull post, but I bought a quite cheap one from e-hobby asia that has worked really well over the years. So I don't think you need to buy anything especially expensive to get performance.
B5. Russia.
OC2. Militia.
B6. NATO, Bravo coy, 3rd Plt commander
B7. Milos tigers, Sibiria coy, 3rd Plt commander
B8. Poldavian Psy-Ops, Plt commander
B9. UN, Coy commander

Klings
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Klings » 21 Jan 2011, 23:10

my experience with fake 552's are bad. Since they use LED's and not a real LASER to create the dot it will get "ghost" signts (reflections of the main dot) when using it on a hig/bright setting.. and on sunny days the dot is not bright enugh to be visible. (this goes for all fake 552's, even a "hig end"-copy sutch as the G&P)

but when the price is a subject.. go nuts, get a copy, just be aware of it's limits (as described above)

Jupp, i have a real deal 552, it's better than copys.. and cost the same as a new AEG
68th Poldavian Strategic Submarine Group
www.facebook.com/TeamFlecktarn

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 22 Jan 2011, 02:54

Bro tip:
If you want to get a real one, consider the 512. It looks like the 552 but it lacks the NV-mode and is roughly 100 bucks cheaper.

So with the $100 you save you can buy a cheap AEG to attach to your sight :P
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 25 Jan 2011, 12:40

Thanks for all the good advises. I already considered buying a real EOTech, but I have a bad feeling attaching something to my GBBR that is just slightly cheaper than the gun itself. I would bite my ass off if I would destroy it :P

On the other hand, I'm still not quite sure if I am the "EOTech Guy", so I just want to try out if this is the kind sight for me, or if I would go back to iron sights or use the good old micro aimpoint.
My intention now is not to spend a fortune on a sight, that is not for my taste. So I just want to try out the EOTech style with a good/decent replica and then eventually buy a RS one, when I am confident that the sights are durable and won't brake soon
:wink:

Another Question: Where do you think is the best place to buy a real EOTech?
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

Cuby
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Cuby » 25 Jan 2011, 13:45

@Waldo: Check http://www.eotech-inc.com/

They are the main producers of EoTech and they also sell worldwide it seems

I know I found a site in sweden as well, but as it appears I have miss placed the link. I'll see if I can locate it again
B9: NAF 6th Airborne Infantry Battalion, Dingo Company, Dingo Recon
B10: Held back from game cause of work :'(

Klings
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Klings » 25 Jan 2011, 22:33

Panzergraf wrote:Bro tip:
If you want to get a real one, consider the 512. It looks like the 552 but it lacks the NV-mode and is roughly 100 bucks cheaper.

So with the $100 you save you can buy a cheap AEG to attach to your sight :P
yep, go go 512.
The NV mode is overrated.. when i tried it out on mine and the dot disappeared when using a IR torchlight. so NVG on the left eye and RP on the right eye is the way to go :wink: untill my IR laser arrives in the mail.

but on topic again, The GP 55x copys have a sunglass like lens, so everything gets darker when looking trough it, i've never tested mine under superbright sunlight.. but when the sun goes down the lens is as good as black. in my point of view that's a con. probably a pro if you play in verry sunny areas with no shade from trees. I'd recomend the 552 from Unicorn, but it ran trough two fresh AA batteries in aprox 5 hours. The one they sell at Ebaybanned have proven to be the best copy i've used. They write "no ghost" but there will always be ghost rings on replicas.
68th Poldavian Strategic Submarine Group
www.facebook.com/TeamFlecktarn

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 26 Jan 2011, 02:00

I've never liked any replica EOTechs to be honest. They've all been crap compared to similarly pried or even cheaper replica aimpoints and whatnot.

If you want a replica sight, get something other than an EOTech.
That's my advice to you.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.