THE GRAND GENERAL FEEDBACK THREAD!

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
Gravitas
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Supply points and Tactical points

Post by Gravitas » 07 Jul 2011, 18:29

I didn't notice anyone bringing up the subject of Supply Points (SP) and Tatical Points (TP) in the feedback yet (sorry if you have, must have missed it then).

The 3rd rangers spent an epic amount of time conquering, scouting, defending and re-conquering the SPs and TPs all over the map. Sticking true to the mission that was tasked to us at gamestart. On Friday, for example there were many hours ingame that NAF held all the 4 points in the game simultaneously, and was constantly getting them back if lost. I was out there in the field as an officer and took notes from the points counters; NAF had more accumulated points than POL in every point of interest I checked on Friday. The 3rd also sent out one platoon to secure points at nights, on Friday for example at around 0300-0445 or so. A lot of effort spent. Also constantly worrying about the status of the points, checking them out, reinforcing their defense etc.

And then in the end it was a bit of a disappointment that these points apparently weren't so important after all; nobody (from command or Berget-events) seemed to know the up-to-date situation about point balance, how many accumulated supply and tactical points there were etc. It felt like a lot of the effort had gone to waste, despite of being active fun in the fronts of attack/defense.

As feedback to you; you could improve the points: have the electronics in the bunkers wired up with GSM-modems and sending data periodically through the GMS network into your server. This isn't very expensive; just needs a piece of electronics with an USB port, power-charger for the cheap simple phone and a simple connector cable + some programming. Some years ago I was the CEO of an international data center company building customized hosting solutions in 13 cities around the world and our engineers constantly built similar systems very cheaply for backup monitoring, alerts and maintenance purposes. Done this way nobody needs to check the readers inside the bunkers manually and an overall picture is maintained at Berget-events HQ at all times. You can configure the modems to send data when the point switches sides, or is destroyed etc, or periodically every 15 minutes, etc. You could develop this even all the way up to having a cardboard/or/plastic map with a few LEDs on it as these points and the LEDs changing colors depending on who holds them currently. This could even be info that you could provide for the players; have a status-changing-map like this in the faction's HQs. Or even more simple: make a website that has the status of the points up to date at all times, so that you and/or the players could check it with any device having a browser in it. The same page can also display counters of accumulated points.

At gamestart the NAF faction at least got a paper-printed mission from Berget-events to simultaneously conquer and hold all the points in the game. The mission was marked as a high priority one and had time to execute it until Saturday 2pm.

Towards the end of the game however I got a message from NAF command saying that since Berget-events is no longer able to tell how many points we have, they just say simply yes/no to our requests to use anything that would require the points. Fair enough... however;

At that time all the conquer and defense effort seemed a bit wasteful. You could improve this a lot more and have the points as one of the strategic places that the game centers around. After all; why build all those fancy bunkers if defending them isn't all that important?
B12: Team Zerg - Black on Black
B11: Blood Ravens - Squad Leader for "Team Zerg - Black on Black"
B10: NAF 3rd Ranger Battalion - Coy Commander. Field promoted to Bat.Com. in the end
B9: NAF 3rd Ranger Battalion - CSM/Operations Officer/Bat. XO

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 08 Jul 2011, 20:19

Blackwolf wrote: Tiger_1 it looks like i managed to hit your HQ together with a UN call :D :D :D

Regards

Blackwolf
Berget-Events told us that when You (pold/Naf) called for 1 artillary/airstrike UN called 20 times...

They STILL had some left for BEERPARTY!!!
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 08 Jul 2011, 20:28

320 shot all their left pyros at game off...was a very nice firework *wink*
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

Buffel
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Buffel » 08 Jul 2011, 20:42

Yup, I can tell this from personal experience as it landed all around us on Degas Plateau. The first charge was set off 3 meters behind me.... Luckily I had been wounded already ;)
Strike 1 for wildlife: Cape Buffalo are said to have killed more big game hunters than any other animal :D

Berget 9: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 10: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers

kyosuke
Corporal
Corporal

Post by kyosuke » 08 Jul 2011, 21:05

Buffel wrote:Yup, I can tell this from personal experience as it landed all around us on Degas Plateau. The first charge was set off 3 meters behind me.... Luckily I had been wounded already ;)
not firing at any target, that was berget crew them self's :)
we only fired it off for fun in base without target solutions.
Berget 9, Poldavian 320th Artillery; medic
Berget 10, Poldovian 15'th sappers; Heavy support medic.

Red ones go faster, thats why i use red bullets.

spin_t
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by spin_t » 09 Jul 2011, 00:32

What tha hell man,how to reach a firework shot from the Pold base on Deagas Plateau !!!!:)))))) Or looks like we had real amo on that gun !:)
B 8 Poldavian 1-st Bat.
B 9 Poldavian 320th Art Comm
B10 Poldavian 15-th
B11 troop carrier betwen BRaven base and front line :)
B12 Raven Mech

carnated
Newbee
Newbee

Post by carnated » 09 Jul 2011, 13:38

First of as many already has i want to thank berget events personal and trustees for your effort to make this huge game possible. Thank you all!

1. ENGLISH
Like A_muller and others have pointed out basic english just simply has to be a must for every player. During such a big game where irritation and missunderstanding is a fact you have to be able to communicate. I was one of those playing with A_muller during berget and as he told in he's first post, the situation where very close to get very angry and physical thanks to the lack of english. Also as pointed i would rather like to lose 200 players and have a qualitatively game. I already know a lot of people who do not wanna go to berget because of cheating and lack of enlish.

2. Bigger picture
If there could be a board in homebase with general info about what is going on that would absolutely make us grunts feel like we are more a part of the game. How about morning meeting at a certain time? That would be just perfect to hear what happen the day before so you at least have some idea of what is going on. After all we grunts pay to participate in this story and not to just waste plastic. If we wanted that we could as well just play small Sunday games.

3. More game masters
Cheating with your hit's seems to be a really big issue. So more trustees/crew would be useful. As well as more random chronographs.

4. Armbands
This is more of a small suggestion that has be mentioned as well before. How about to just add a slight sum of money to the ticket and make propper armbands that berget them selves approve. Some people use colors that are just simply way of and some are just simply not even visible. Mechanic and medic symbols would be just awesome if they could be added as well! I my self would not have any problem to pay that extra money to get a good armband.

Over and out

8)

Glamav
Private
Private

Post by Glamav » 09 Jul 2011, 15:24

spin_t wrote:Hi number of newbees ,and i'm not talking about Berget newbees,but Airsoft newbees.
To see young guys joining the Airsoft comunity is great,but jumping straight into a big event might not be the best idea as beginner.
Probably this is one of the reasons for so many incidents regarding taking hits or respecting the rules in general.
I had people who realy did not have the slightless idea what to do when they heared "take cover", "secure the area",etc
In a confrontation with NAF i ordered to few guys to retreat 50 meters then take the flank of the attackers : they get back 150 meters and stay into the forest until the battle was over and i had to look for them into the forest for 20 minutes....
Not to mention,leading the attack,i was shot two times by my own guys :))

Regarding all the players in general,because Berget has become such a great mith,the "holly grail" of the european airsoft,some people r so desperate to be the heroes,the one who kill 10 enemies with a single bb jumping from helmet to helmet...for this guys is hard to take a hit,or to respect the game itself or other players.

And was incredible for me to see people from opposite sides talking and laughing together at the check in at the beggining and after few hours cursing each other and be ready to start fighting for good because of a not taken hit .
People,we r coming to Berget as airsofters for a nice game,not as Poldavians and NAF ready to kill each other for good !
Looks like propaganda has worked too good this year :))
In answer to that, can i ask you something.
I was there when your vehicle was blown by our BAVS. You sayd that "cant be taken as prisoner" because you are blown in the air by huge explosion of the car.
And after that we got some poldavian medicine woman, and i quote:
"Yes, you killed him, but i was there and i heal him. He is OK now."

So dont, please, dont tell me how we did not take our hits.

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 09 Jul 2011, 18:06

Glamav wrote:
spin_t wrote:Hi number of newbees ,and i'm not talking about Berget newbees,but Airsoft newbees.
To see young guys joining the Airsoft comunity is great,but jumping straight into a big event might not be the best idea as beginner.
Probably this is one of the reasons for so many incidents regarding taking hits or respecting the rules in general.
I had people who realy did not have the slightless idea what to do when they heared "take cover", "secure the area",etc
In a confrontation with NAF i ordered to few guys to retreat 50 meters then take the flank of the attackers : they get back 150 meters and stay into the forest until the battle was over and i had to look for them into the forest for 20 minutes....

Regarding all the players in general,because Berget has become such a great mith,the "holly grail" of the european airsoft,some people r so desperate to be the heroes,the one who kill 10 enemies with a single bb jumping from helmet to helmet...for this guys is hard to take a hit,or to respect the game itself or other players.

And was incredible for me to see people from opposite sides talking and laughing together at the check in at the beggining and after few hours cursing each other and be ready to start fighting for good because of a not taken hit .
People,we r coming to Berget as airsofters for a nice game,not as Poldavians and NAF ready to kill each other for good !
I was there when your vehicle was blown by our BAVS. You sayd that "cant be taken as prisoner" because you are blown in the air by huge explosion of the car.

well....there were only us staff officers, 1st squad of 1st plt and 2nd platoon on this mission and we were all in the car when it blew up, so it was impossible to have someone not killed by the explosion. If you talked to our medic of 2nd plt (who was the only woman in the unit) she probably got something wrong. There was no way anybody could be healed, because we all were fucking dead.
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

Pavel_Moscow
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Pavel_Moscow » 09 Jul 2011, 19:19

moved to Feedback logistics
Last edited by Pavel_Moscow on 09 Jul 2011, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.

Glamav
Private
Private

Post by Glamav » 09 Jul 2011, 19:32

Waldo wrote:
Glamav wrote:

well....there were only us staff officers, 1st squad of 1st plt and 2nd platoon on this mission and we were all in the car when it blew up, so it was impossible to have someone not killed by the explosion. If you talked to our medic of 2nd plt (who was the only woman in the unit) she probably got something wrong. There was no way anybody could be healed, because we all were fucking dead.
I hope this was some kind of misunderstanding :)

Lentus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Lentus » 10 Jul 2011, 10:22

+ Watercans in the woods (perfect when we went a long way)
+ Janco was a very lively city. Clans gave a good life to the city
+ Among civil, money had a value (some time absent among some soldiers)
+ Very easy to get in touch with crew in town
+ Coffee plantation was a funny thing. It "forced" us out from the town and gave us a task.
+ I saw no civilians in the area (only in-game civil)
+ Many Poldaviens, Nafs and Uns played with / against us when we LARPed. You were really fun to play with / against. More of that!
+ Un bass was very nice, gave a good feeling
+ Many actually treated us civilians as civilians.
+ Good weather!

+ - Hard to say if there was too much conflict in the city or not. I would say that was ok, sometime it was to long (3 hours of fighting).

+ - Maybe get some UN soldiers?

- Few people seem to understand the "soul" of Janco. As one said, "You are just extras for us."
- Many believed that the only way to handle things was to "shoot everything that moved"
- Many people could not distinguish between "ingame" and "offgame"
- Some were threatening, even after we said "offgame" and that they would calm down a little

Surmuri
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Surmuri » 10 Jul 2011, 11:45

carnated wrote: 2. Bigger picture
If there could be a board in homebase with general info about what is going on that would absolutely make us grunts feel like we are more a part of the game. How about morning meeting at a certain time? That would be just perfect to hear what happen the day before so you at least have some idea of what is going on. After all we grunts pay to participate in this story and not to just waste plastic. If we wanted that we could as well just play small Sunday games.
IMO, this is very important, but it can be arranged quite easily. In B7 we demanded the same thing and since that we have had lots of information what is going on.
It only needs a good chain of command, where informations goes from the top to the lower levels. In B9 squadleaders were briefed a few times per day and they briefed us. So, we knew quite well how our missions had affected to the big picture. Also we got a lot of information about our incoming mission: why we are going and how it would probably affect to the current situation. We had a pretty good picture of the tactical situation.
So what I'm trying to say is... It is you who can make the difference. Just keep insisting the proper briefings from commanders and squadleaders.
B7 - SRP - Fox3 - Medic
B8 - Poldavian 1st Inf, 1st Coy, Fox1 - Support
B9 - Zansian Black Ops (= The Firm), B03 - Medic/Support
B10 - Zansia B1-3
B11 - GCT - SFODU
B12 -

Infinity
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Infinity » 10 Jul 2011, 15:24

I would like to praise the medical crew, they did a great job!
Got acute asthma on the third game-day, due to wet and cold clothing. Left my inhaler in the camp, because I hadn't been needing it for quiet a while. Pretty darn stupid, looking back at it...

Off-game medevac got there quickly and I got taken to the pol mainbase. Probably within 10 minutes after my Platoon Commander called it in, I was back in camp and people from the crew came checking on my condition. They called upon "the nurses" to bring in some anti-inflammatory medication, which arrived a couple of minutes later.

Had a chat, took the meds and got into my sleeping bag, next day I was back into the game! great!

-------------------------------------------------

Right now there's one thing I can think of that I didn't like that much.
In contrast to last year, all poldavian teams shared the same camp, instead of the mountaineers having their own PB. This had nothing to do with the non-milsim players, but the seperate camp, with just milsim minded players, really added to the game experience.
This year the teams got mixed up, and (not completely, but) were shattered all over the camp.
Last edited by Infinity on 11 Jul 2011, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
MOUNTAINEEEEERSS!!!!

DutchWolf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by DutchWolf » 10 Jul 2011, 17:21

carnated wrote:4. Armbands
This is more of a small suggestion that has be mentioned as well before. How about to just add a slight sum of money to the ticket and make propper armbands that berget them selves approve. Some people use colors that are just simply way of and some are just simply not even visible. Mechanic and medic symbols would be just awesome if they could be added as well! I my self would not have any problem to pay that extra money to get a good armband.
That reminds me of this thread were people (okay, me and some others) suggested getting rid of those armbands all together. I have to say, B9 only reinforces my position on that.

I only looked for an armband ONCE, and only to confirm that I was correct in my first analyse (and no, I'm a 100% sure I never initiated a blue-on-blue incident this year).

So armbands? Yay/nay?
B09 - NAF - 6th Airborne - FOX4
B10 - NAF - 23rd Infantry - FOX2.1 Radio Operator