Very little action!!!!!

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
Morehk
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee
Posts: 51
Joined: 18 Mar 2007, 10:32
Location: Timrå

Post by Morehk » 09 Jul 2011, 22:34

+1 on Trasher-HU
berget 2: Russian Grunt
Berget 3: Russian Grunt
Berget 5: Swedish Grunt
Berget 7: Captain and scoundrel in Milos tigers
Berget 8: NAF: Bad Company
Berget 9: BC Express driver / Smuggler

User avatar
freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee
Posts: 1155
Joined: 13 May 2007, 21:16
Location: Sweden

Post by freno » 09 Jul 2011, 23:29

I´m amused that some had too little action this year!?
Eaven the BE-Crew was in the action! When they delivered food and water, they was trapped in crossfire! This was for me a great year!!
ВДВ-69
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - Bartender
B17 - Bartender

vkatz
Newbee
Newbee
Posts: 3
Joined: 13 Nov 2010, 00:32
Location: Israel

Post by vkatz » 10 Jul 2011, 00:14

I have to agree with Pavel. Poldavian 5-th Tango had even less fire contacts than he noted. Not mentioning that we had to make missions for ourselves in few occasions.

User avatar
Robin-Hood
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 145
Joined: 28 Mar 2010, 18:17

Post by Robin-Hood » 10 Jul 2011, 00:21

Berget isn't supposed to be about action, action, action. I don't think I saw the enemy until maybe the third day. Of course you get more action at local games, that's the point of most of them! Plus playing in one of the milsim units you should know that already, you were never supposed to be the main combat troops.

You know I've seen a lot of complaints about 'young players' and 'newbies' which quite frankly saddens me. OP saw vastly more action than me and you won't see me making threads complaining about it. I pushed hard even when I was tired, wet, sore and yet I heard some of these supposedly hardcore guys complaining quite frequently. Okay I dressed for practicality but I could carry everything I needed easily without a big plate carrier, I didn't ditch gear for any advantage I just packed intelligently, plus I could move and ventilate three times better on those hot days with just webbing on. It's funny how condescending and elitist some people can be when they don't think you look tacticool enough.

Lex
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Posts: 27
Joined: 14 May 2009, 20:49

Post by Lex » 10 Jul 2011, 00:34

[rus]Чего ж ты перед игрой на форуме RSA не поинтересовался что да как? Посоветовали бы выбрать ту или иную сторону, в зависимости от предпочтений. Большинство знало, куда едет и что получит, тк едут не в первый раз. Милсим, не милсим, это ты буржуев не слушай, реально разница не такая большая. 1-2 боя в день - так всегда почти было.

Если не хватает фана, тут только один выход - искать его самому. В этот раз самостоятельных выходов вне миссий почти не было, тк уж слишком далеко нас посылали, но вообще такие вещи обычно были каждый день почти.

А буржуи тебе щас тут налечат, какие они вротпипенные милсимщики и ваще любители походить без стрельбы. Тоже не слушай, заливают.[/rus]
B7: Orlov's Mercs, 1st Russian coy, 1st platoon, 1st squad
B8: 1st Poldavian batalion, 3rd Russian coy, 1st platoon, 4th squad
B9: Poldavian 3rd Montaineers, 1st Russian coy, 2nd platoon, 3rd squad
B10: ****, * Russian coy, * platoon, * squad

elanaiba
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 90
Joined: 27 Jul 2007, 16:54

Post by elanaiba » 10 Jul 2011, 00:53

Too little action ? Great - that's what I love about BERGET ... the TENSION between the actions. The enemy could be anywhere ;)

User avatar
Buffel
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 103
Joined: 02 Nov 2010, 23:08
Location: The Netherlands

Post by Buffel » 10 Jul 2011, 01:06

Lex, you have any idea what a mess that is when put through Google Translate? ;)
Strike 1 for wildlife: Cape Buffalo are said to have killed more big game hunters than any other animal :D

Berget 9: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 10: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers

User avatar
Rhyn0
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 290
Joined: 19 Nov 2008, 13:36
Location: UK

Post by Rhyn0 » 10 Jul 2011, 01:15

Robin-Hood wrote:Berget isn't supposed to be about action, action, action. I don't think I saw the enemy until maybe the third day.
unless you were on HQ duty, or base defence that does not make sense.. seriously. Either you're exagerrating or you just sat in base?
B7- Milo's Tigers, Sq.L
B8- 15th Pold. Psyops, "Bash", Coy Cmdr.
B9- Pold. 3rd, Recon plt. ldr
B10- Pold. Force Recon "Odin's Ravens" Cmmdr
B11- HVIU Operative/Guyana Border Police(Cpt. Garcea)
B12- GCT Rangers-Engineer
B13- GCT Paras Engineer/AT guy
B14- NAF Fathom Grunt/AT guy

Lex
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Posts: 27
Joined: 14 May 2009, 20:49

Post by Lex » 10 Jul 2011, 01:26

Buffel wrote:Lex, you have any idea what a mess that is when put through Google Translate? ;)
checked :)
Funny, close to text, but some moments are not correct.
Should I make some changes, after that goodle won't translate it at all? :)
B7: Orlov's Mercs, 1st Russian coy, 1st platoon, 1st squad
B8: 1st Poldavian batalion, 3rd Russian coy, 1st platoon, 4th squad
B9: Poldavian 3rd Montaineers, 1st Russian coy, 2nd platoon, 3rd squad
B10: ****, * Russian coy, * platoon, * squad

User avatar
Robin-Hood
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 145
Joined: 28 Mar 2010, 18:17

Post by Robin-Hood » 10 Jul 2011, 01:31

Rhyn0 wrote:
Robin-Hood wrote:Berget isn't supposed to be about action, action, action. I don't think I saw the enemy until maybe the third day.
unless you were on HQ duty, or base defence that does not make sense.. seriously. Either you're exagerrating or you just sat in base?
We kept getting dissed back to defensive duties and by the time we'd carried out our orders everyone had ran on ahead of us. On many occasions we were told to secure a TP or SP but when we arrived it was full of our forces and we were left with our dicks in our hands wondering what to do next. I did see other forces but you'll notice I specifically referred to our direct opposition. I hardly saw NAF for the entire event, we kept getting engaged by UN and Civilians. I posted about it in another feeback thread where the guy was complaining about Poldavians, you can read there if you want. Trust me, I wish I was lying. It was a very quiet game for me but I had fun, maybe next year I'll go Civilian or on a MILSIM unit.

Pavel_Moscow
Newbee
Newbee
Posts: 9
Joined: 11 Nov 2010, 23:55

Post by Pavel_Moscow » 10 Jul 2011, 08:00

Lex wrote:[rus]Чего ж ты перед игрой на форуме RSA не поинтересовался что да как? Посоветовали бы выбрать ту или иную сторону, в зависимости от предпочтений. Большинство знало, куда едет и что получит, тк едут не в первый раз. Милсим, не милсим, это ты буржуев не слушай, реально разница не такая большая. 1-2 боя в день - так всегда почти было.

Если не хватает фана, тут только один выход - искать его самому. В этот раз самостоятельных выходов вне миссий почти не было, тк уж слишком далеко нас посылали, но вообще такие вещи обычно были каждый день почти.

А буржуи тебе щас тут налечат, какие они вротпипенные милсимщики и ваще любители походить без стрельбы. Тоже не слушай, заливают.[/rus]
Ok, thanks! But I talked with people from other divisions, and they said quite the same thing about firefights.

As for missions on your own - I played in team, and team was always action under higher detachement command. Anyway, I think playing "hit and run" with small groups will just bring disorder and friendly fire to game.

User avatar
Obi-San
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Posts: 199
Joined: 02 Dec 2008, 08:57
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Post by Obi-San » 10 Jul 2011, 08:55

And you thought you will end up in 500m x 500m arena with all those 1500+ players and shoot each other endlessly for three days?

BE SAYS:
TIP: Change the style of play or stay home!
End of story, period.
Keep playing in Moscow.
B7 - Orlov Mercs
B8 - Civilian Field Intelligence
B9 - Home Support Team
B10 - Mountaineers Foreign Legion
B11 - SVR Spetsnaz
B12 - Power Ranger
B13 - SADF Paras
B14 - Shadow of the NAF
B15 - NAF infantry. All of it
B16 - UPIR shareholder
B17 - TF Gecko

User avatar
Mr.Ghost
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee
Posts: 194
Joined: 15 May 2008, 17:03
Location: Russia, Moscow

Post by Mr.Ghost » 10 Jul 2011, 09:32

Another berget noob wining, nothing new.

User avatar
A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 217
Joined: 11 Apr 2011, 12:49

Post by A_Muller » 10 Jul 2011, 09:34

You joined one of the MILSIM units, who were supposed to be walking long distances unseen, gather intel, sabotage and evade big firefights.
When you join such a unit you can't seriously expect to get into firefights (unless you do a really shitty job hiding/avoiding detection).
Just because the description said 90% OFFENSIVE does not mean 90% action.

Offensive orders means you pull combat patrols (patrol an area until you get contact, break from that contact and report to HQ where the enemy is, when you saw him, estimated strength, etc.), recon missions, etc.

Berget tried pulling a 1000+ player big firefight at the end of Berget 5, and what happened?
Real violence emerged and people engaged in fistfights, it was complete CHAOS with so many players in the same square mile that when we (NATO reinforcements to the Swedish base) was just about to kick the Russian army's butt coming up from behind with 200ish players they called game off since the situation would only get worse. So no, I HIGHLY doubt that they'll ever try to organize such a fight again...

Now, as others have said, change your gamestyle and/or change to a non milsim unit or stay and play speedball in whatever country you live.
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

Pavel_Moscow
Newbee
Newbee
Posts: 9
Joined: 11 Nov 2010, 23:55

Post by Pavel_Moscow » 10 Jul 2011, 09:58

A_Muller wrote:You joined one of the MILSIM units, who were supposed to be walking long distances unseen, gather intel, sabotage and evade big firefights.
When you join such a unit you can't seriously expect to get into firefights (unless you do a really shitty job hiding/avoiding detection).
Just because the description said 90% OFFENSIVE does not mean 90% action.
Primary missions: Locate and destroy enemy supply & support units, ambush convoys and do reconnaissance. Intercept and destroy all NAF Forces in the area.
A_Muller wrote: Offensive orders means you pull combat patrols (patrol an area until you get contact, break from that contact and report to HQ where the enemy is, when you saw him, estimated strength, etc.), recon missions, etc.
Sounds interesting, but, mostly, we didn't do it neither.
A_Muller wrote: Berget tried pulling a 1000+ player big firefight at the end of Berget 5, and what happened?
Real violence emerged and people engaged in fistfights, it was complete CHAOS with so many players in the same square mile that when we (NATO reinforcements to the Swedish base) was just about to kick the Russian army's butt coming up from behind with 200ish players they called game off since the situation would only get worse. So no, I HIGHLY doubt that they'll ever try to organize such a fight again...
So go and practice in good teamplay, to keep together, to keep formations and avoid chaos. That's the common problem of airsoft, I think.
A_Muller wrote: Now, as others have said, change your gamestyle and/or change to a non milsim unit or stay and play speedball in whatever country you live.
I talked with people from other divisions of NAF and Poldavians, and they told me the same about small amout of fighting.


And people, don't you know that most of action had been planned by gamemasters, your commanders had restrictions ?

Post Reply