UN Debrief

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
[JH]crazydog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

UN Debrief

Post by [JH]crazydog » 25 Jul 2011, 21:38

UN_Debriefing

First I have to excuse me for the delay and I want to thank especially all UN-players for a great game.
But my thanks goes also to all the other players who played fair and give us the fealing to be needed.
Hopefully we play together again next year. It was an honor for me to play with you.

Tuesday

I arrived Tuesday morning at game-site.
Nothing except a tent and a half of the tower was build up.
We managed until Wednesday evening to build up the bunkers and roadblock,
to cut trees down for better sight and to install our electric fence.
Unfortunately we had not enough elements to surround our base.
I allowed the men to bring down the showers and use the material for basebuilding,
not knowing that the shower was not build by us but by Berget Events. Sorry for that.

Until gamestart 63 players - including HQ - showed up, not half of the expected men.
This had consequences in base-building and game flow.
We were too less to do bigger missions away from base.

Wednesday

We started the game with the Mission to keep up DMZ and to get good relationship to the civilians of Janco.

We had first blood on 22:20 h when one of our troopers was shot by Poldavians,
without negotiating or warning well recognizable with his light blue beret.
We have been really astonished having so soon after game start contact to the enemy.
Same happened to one of our patrols trying to negotiate with the Poldavians.
(not to the patrol to NAF-BASE).
When more patrols have been attacked without negotiations,
we gave out that Poldavians are hostile and to shoot Poldavians at first view.

Freno our designated Commander felt bad, so he could not go on duty as wished.
Wednesday night I took command of UN and informed Gamemaster HQ.

Thursday

Due to our little number we started Thursday with guard duty and little patrols to Janco.
The missions to seek a girl from town, we didn’t really start because no team had long enough spare-time
to reach the area and be back for his next duty.
But we had fine Role-play with the civilians and our base was under permanent attack by Poldavians and finally they overrun us. Our airstrikes didn’t work well, were delayed, didn’t hit the enemy,
because they run away when they see the gamemaster (also a way of cheating).

Friday

Friday we changed style of playing.
One Coy volunteered for Base-defense, a second coy was half a day out for missions and
the third coy manned checkpoints and patrolled Janco city.
I ordered “planes above the base” (Gamemaster with fireworks was in my HQ-tent)
then I started an attack against a group of poldavians down the road.
My first strike hit only 7 men told the GM.
But I have been awaiting that, therefore I had asked the gamemaster to do a second attack
some minutes after the first, taking out people first and then launch the fireworks.
The Gamemaster reported me 22 kills :).
This tactics we used the hole day, and I ordered two “DaisyCutter” to our roadblock
where poldavians have been collecting for an attack on Janco and UN.
Later in the evening around 23.00 -the time I usually changed duty with my XO-
there have been some Poldavians on the hill off “Himmelsberget” shooting into the base.
I get tired of those guys so I ordered 2 “NAPALM” attacks on that hill
(@ Johan Rakovski: not as you thought daisycutters :))
Finaly 5 or 6 men came out after the Gamemaster was shouting: “All of you on the hill who are still alive you are now dead” and my brave men enjoyed a big firework and my sleep was quiet :).
This day I ordered over 20 Airstrikes and the hit-quote was so good that the man could handle the rest of the incomings.
The Poldavian base even got 5 strikes one after the other if GM did so as I told him

Saturday

Saturday we tried to do the same way as Friday,
bombarding the collection points of the Poldavians.
Unfortunately the Gamemaster-HQ was holding a meeting and
did not provide us with the needed Airstrikes.
The result was that Janco was overrun and Poldavians have been proceeding to our base.
A little group of them with Danish signs on their uniform did not respect the rules and the safety-distances.
They shot in some minute 8 Players bloody wounds.
One of the wounds was caused through a bullet hitting behind the player on the wood of the bunker and rebound on the head.

When calling the gamemaster those players disappeared before we could get the ID.
In the moment of battle it was impossible and to dangerous to look after the Armband-ID.
But should we see the guys on a foto or further event, they will be recognized.

After this incident my battalion decided to stop playing and UN went OFFGAME

All over all it was a very good Berget Game, my feedback until now is that players had fun and were almost satisfied with the game. Hope to get more Feedback here.

Semper Fi
Crazydog
Jarheads never die, they just go to hell to regroup

Berget 10 -
Berget 9 - Freno's XO
Berget 8 - PSYOPS XO
Berget 7 - Yuri Orlov's Mercs HQ-Staff
Berget 6 - Conrad's Mercs XO

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Re: UN Debrief

Post by freno » 25 Jul 2011, 22:12

UN-Freno-Debriefing

I want to thank all players and Berget-Events for a great game, and give my personal view of this game!
I agree also in everything Crazydog wrote in his debrief, and I understand his point of view. He did a great job taking over, during the game as he did!! I want to explain why my preparations and plans for this game was spoiled, but not ruined!!! I´m glad we could adapt to the new situations!

Monday

I arrived and met some people, left my trailer(overloaded-wrongly), got in contact with Appelby. Had a nice evening at his cabin at the camping with BBQ!

Thuesday

We built our base until Wednesday evening, and i mean the hole base. Eaven the tent was built by our men! It seams to be the best camp, and it was made by 63 men…
I made chilli to my troopers in the evening!

Wednesday

Me and Losolos wanted to try the BE-Provided Field-Shower… To do that, we needed to start the powergenerator. It was a little tricky! My old injury at the lower back, was damaged again. Hopefully i didn´t had to leave the game. I got some medic-care and left the command to Crazydog. Later i participated, but still left the tactical commanding-role to crazydog.

We started the game with the Mission to keep up DMZ and to get good relationship to the civilians of Janco. I took the role of diplomatic-commander and made good relationships with many people, but no Poldavians somehow?! I had some great RP…

Thursday

Due to heavy medicine, I was mostly resting this day… later changed into RP: Vent home to marry my wife! ;-)

Friday

Friday i tried to keep good relations to JancoC and NAF… Late evening i introduced my “newly married wife” to everyone!!!

Saturday

Saturday i went to the bank to change some money to smaller bills. Just to pay my men. I decided to just bring 2 MP as safety, but so wrong i was! Both our base and JancoC was attacked by Poldavians. My two mp-officers, Lanso and Hell_Viking, kept me safe inside the bank during most of the attack! We heard the troopers was speaking Russian, and they claimed their rights to search the Bank. I gave Hell_Viking permission to use the money to pay the bankers to help us. He gave a bill to banker, and whispered: -Shut the f*ck up!
He continued to do so for a while, and eaven when more living civvies entered the bank they also got some bills and: -Shut the f*ck up!
He used some money to pay the banker speak same time he ordering reinforcements/airstrikes. At that point we didn´t want a respond from HQ, and we didn´t know they went offgame due to “violent behavior” during the attack.
When the Russian guys eaven tried with force to enter the bank, we thought this is the end! Not so fair to the bankermen who was on the other side of the door?!
My MP gave up, after trowing some coats over me as cover. I was on the ground under the desk, hiding!
After a while the situation was calmed down, but some other Poldavians from Norway arrived little later after the Russians left and searched the Bank better!
They found me on the ground thinking i was sleeping and was so nice, they eaven asked if they should wake me up!? Then i was as simple as possible, executed buy their commander! Thanks again, that you used the “pow-rule”!

After this incident my battalion decided to stop playing and UN went OFFGAME.
I decided with a couple of officers to respawn anyway, for the last time. Just to save the story for the other fractions and players. Not all players played violent!!

I ordered a helicopter to meet with Mr Ober-Lix and Mr Blackwolf. We helped eachouther to clean the city again.

During the Beer-party I was a little disappointed that not so many of BE was joining, and it felt a littlebit of a “fast-end” of a really great game!

See you all next year!!!
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Maggie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Maggie » 01 Aug 2011, 21:41

The Poldavian base even got 5 strikes one after the other if GM did so as I told him

all the airstrikes on the pol. base came in 2-5 min BEFORE respawn. so noone really cared :p

the fact that some poldavians attacked the UN "just for the fun of it" and gave us one additional enemy was uncalled for, and angered alot of the Pol. forces.
Berget 9, Poldavian 320th Artillery
Berget 10, 15th sappers 2pl, 2sq
Cædpæt - Norway

[JH]crazydog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by [JH]crazydog » 02 Aug 2011, 22:57

Maggie wrote: all the airstrikes on the pol. base came in 2-5 min BEFORE respawn. so noone really cared :p
That went wrong should come after respawn :P
Jarheads never die, they just go to hell to regroup

Berget 10 -
Berget 9 - Freno's XO
Berget 8 - PSYOPS XO
Berget 7 - Yuri Orlov's Mercs HQ-Staff
Berget 6 - Conrad's Mercs XO

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 03 Aug 2011, 08:23

Maggie wrote:

all the airstrikes on the pol. base came in 2-5 min BEFORE respawn. so noone really cared :p

the fact that some poldavians attacked the UN "just for the fun of it" and gave us one additional enemy was uncalled for, and angered alot of the Pol. forces.
This is sadly typical airsoft behaviour. That's also why roleplaying UN in an airsoft envirinment is at best little successfull at a big game like Berget. Bored airsofters tend to do whatever it takes just to provoke and stir up trouble.

The fact that this ruins the game for others staying within their ingame mandates and characters doesn't bother these individuals.
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 03 Aug 2011, 09:04

UN forces entering a military base of a sovereign nation and refusing to let soldiers of that nation through check point despite being asked to, does tend to lead to such things...
Also, pre game briefing from berget crew "un are not friendly, but don't shoot them at game start"
We as commanders decided to NOT attack UN as long as they did not interfere in military operations (their job as told to us was to protect civilians in janco)
So the UN kind of made their own bed, sorry about us having to put you in it, but that happens when you play with the big boys....

I mean to say, 80% of players at berget where in one of the factions that are fighting a war! If UN faction was to have a good game and do what they appeard to be doing (stoping fighting) the rest of us would have a REALLY bad game....
"go to your God like a soldier!"

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 05 Oct 2011, 02:24

Yes! This way ALL of us, or most of us, had a great game! AGAIN!!! :-P
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow