No10 concluded

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 10
Pallin
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Pallin » 03 Jul 2012, 07:53

I cant say worst ever because this was my first Berget. But I can say that I hoped to empty more than 5 magazines. The long walks I can handle but the planning and missions i didnt understand. As a first timer that could scare one away but i will return in hope thst it will be better. Besides the thing i thought could be better i had a grest time and meet new friends
Take the hit or get rocket zilled

EnermaX
Private
Private

Post by EnermaX » 03 Jul 2012, 12:40

Blackwolf wrote:Hello

I will start by saying this.

1st IT WAS THE WORST BERGET EVER
2nd C&C does not work period.
3rd IT was boring not to have nice special missions like at B9
4th 3 day game and one encounter with Poldavian troops sucks, and only because we searched them.

Now to read this
Third. I was only informed about your "special wishes" on thirsday evening. I can only work with information I have. If then you adress me with a complaint about my command, then I suggest you also investigate yourself and how you passed your wishes down to me. You did not.
Sorry Whiteace, i had allready shouted at you before lunch time about this.

Now looking at the game scenario BE put up and you reading the missions 1st i can only say that ALL THE GOOD MISSIONS WHERE GIVEN TO THE RANGERS.

The 2 MGL missions where a complete JOKE
1st MGL with a platoon of Rangers and 4 snipers and 2 23rd NAF companies.
Right the Rangers lead the way in a zig-zag that took 2 hours to get to the Oil fields, when it could have been done in 45 minutes.
To arrive at the Oil fields and find 12 Mercenaries( BErget crew with civilian armbands) it was a joke this mission
2nd MGL CQC 100 23 rd NAF against 15 Mercenaries( BErget crew with civilian armbands)
Again this was a joke and dangerous with the conditions at hand.

I have been doing Batt CO and this year it was a joke to see this HQ working.

There are two Batt Commanders that i would work with any day and they know who they are because i personally congratulated them on their excellent organisation.

TO ALL MY 23RD NAF TROOPS ALL I CAN SAY IS "I AM SORRY TO HAVE DISAPOINTED YOU ALL"

Regards

Blackwolf BATTCO 23rd NAf signing off
Ok, that kinda makes everything clear for me.

It was my first berget, I had fun, but I was dissapointed too. During the whole game 23rd NAF was like "?"

No intel, a mission once in a while, nobody knew what's going on. Communication? What is that? What the f* is that?

Our Platoon leader was the worst leader I saw in my airsoft history. It would have been better if we had walked on our own.

However Tom did a great job. He tried to balance the lack of coordination. Big thanks + respect man. At least we saw some action because of him.

I will check it out next year again. Hope some guys learned.

Mr.Ghost
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Mr.Ghost » 03 Jul 2012, 13:40

I think it's a bit cheaper for BE Crew to buy C&C RA in video game store and play then try to produce Berget such way as it was last 3 years. I'm seriously, no jokes.
Cudos to my old & new friends, it's a long list to name them all. Thanks for the this game and previous Bergets we fought together and against each other. See you.
Last edited by Mr.Ghost on 03 Jul 2012, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.
They have NOT killed Kenny. Bastards! ;-)

JKangas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by JKangas » 03 Jul 2012, 14:01

Maggie wrote:im kinda shocked that noone else has reacted to the busses dropping us (pol) off in a suburban area where there were kids playing.. noone had anything against this?
Since nobody has answered yet and you asked twice :) : Zansian briefing mentioned that contrary to previous years it is ok to move around the city itself with weapons and gear. Obviously, guns should be carried in back or otherwise in a non-threatening manner. I thought this weird but in hindsight I assume it was precisely because of MGL locations and not just to allow in-game squads to make a R&R stop at McDonalds.
Last edited by JKangas on 03 Jul 2012, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
B8: 1st Poldavian, 1st Coy, Fox Sq. 3
B9: The Firm, Zansian Sq. K, Pizza Delivery Guy
B10: Zansian 1st Coy, Alpha Pl, 1st Sq.
B11: Raven Guerilla Mursu Coy, Alpha Pl, Alpha Sq.
B13: Ikaros Mursu Coy, 1st Pl, 1st Sq. "Front Squat - Etukyykky"
B15: NAF FINBAT Air Cav, Fox 3 Pl.

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 03 Jul 2012, 15:07

We were told to remove mounted guns from our vehicles when moving through town to reach the MGL's. I'm sure everyone and their grandmother in Härnösand is aware of what's happening and that it's just toy guns, but it's still a good idea not to wave them around IMHO.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

EnermaX
Private
Private

Post by EnermaX » 03 Jul 2012, 16:18

Waldo wrote: - Problems with BAVS. Our AT-4 operator tried to shoot down a NAF vehicle. He was within the distances and aimed at the reciever. He fired 4 shots from different positions, but no hit was recieved. We assumed that the driver had his System on, so we assume technical problems.
I guess this is weapon specific, because I took out 5 vehicles in ~5min with only one miss at 10-30m.
B10
B11

Obi-San
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Obi-San » 03 Jul 2012, 16:20

Great thanks to 3rd MNT 3rd Coy.
You where great, and it has been great honor to work with you!
I was appointed 5days before berget, and had a little time to prepare myself for command, but tried to remain good commander, shared all info i had(there was little of it, but still its good to know that those points you held, where not the only ones that didnt attacked).
Tried to get you some action when it was possible, so i hope you are not mad for me becouse of that long walks and sittings you had :)
Found new friends, and meet old ones.

And BC, at least try to make good game. Those missions you gave where joke. That showers aftergame where joke. The beerparty? Hell, even Sollaftea had better beerparty. Gamemasters where joke - after i turned to one, when some rules where broken, he just told me "oh well, there is violations from your side to, so live with it".
Dont stop on what you have, try to make better things.
Cheers.

P.S. i hope to hear review from 3rd Coy Mountaineers, on how was my command. Only that way i can realize my mistakes
B7 - Orlov Mercs
B8 - Civilian Field Intelligence
B9 - Home Support Team
B10 - Mountaineers Foreign Legion
B11 - SVR Spetsnaz
B12 - Power Ranger
B13 - SADF Paras
B14 - Shadow of the NAF
B15 - NAF infantry. All of it
B16 - UPIR shareholder
B17 - TF Gecko

Xiiv
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Xiiv » 03 Jul 2012, 16:47

First Berget down, and must say it was an experience.

Overall I had a great time, maybe not as much action as I would have wanted but well worth the time and effort getting there and back :)

I would like to give a couple of shout outs:

To all of Fox 2-3 Recon squad, Marino, Terry, Jason, Apos and Paddy, you guys made this trip for me, without a doubt.

To A07 and F02 from Spain for keeping us company
To Ratcentral for tagging along :D
To the 3 dutch lads who got us a place to stay after the game!

To Redmenace and Adam for all the help

To the local marshal up at NAF HQ who helped with the tactical pizza order on Friday night, I'm sure everyone involved up there is now in your debt! lol

And to everyone else who took part, took hits, took flanking positions, took aim at me, or just took the time to chat, I thank you all for what was for me a great time.

Alex, the Navigator of Fox 2-3 Recon
(TomTom)

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 03 Jul 2012, 17:58

Blackwolf wrote: Now looking at the game scenario BE put up and you reading the missions 1st i can only say that ALL THE GOOD MISSIONS WHERE GIVEN TO THE RANGERS.
To be fair, you did nominate yourself as C&C 2ic. I personally spoke to you during this event to suggest that the HQ needs you to step in to that role leaving Tom to run the 23rd Infantry on your behalf.

If you had done so, then you would have been in a position where by you could of massively influenced what missions each unit had.

But you chose not to.

I would kindly ask you to reflect on that before you start throwing personal insults around.
B6 - Platoon Commander (India 1st Platoon) - NATO
B7 - Company Commander (India Coy) - NATO
B10 - 3rd Rangers Commander
B12 - GCT Ranger Commander
B13 - GCT Para Inf - Company Commander
B14 - Commanding Officer of the Nordic Alliance Force

Blackwolf
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Blackwolf » 03 Jul 2012, 18:37

Hello
To be fair, you did nominate yourself as C&C 2ic. I personally spoke to you during this event to suggest that the HQ needs you to step in to that role leaving Tom to run the 23rd Infantry on your behalf.

If you had done so, then you would have been in a position where by you could of massively influenced what missions each unit had.

But you chose not to.

I would kindly ask you to reflect on that before you start throwing personal insults around.
Sorry Ian but 1st i was nominated to be 2nd C&C

2nd I would never leave my 23 rd NAF because there are 180 players who ask me every year where to put down their name.

3rd Looking at Whiteace´s note book which he showed me all i could read was:

1st mission Rangers

2nd mission Rangers

3rd mission Rangers

So where is my mistake really, can you explain??

Like i said i am against C&C "IT DOES NOT WORK"

There was no mission where the 4 forces where involved together.

Regards

Blackwolf
BLACKWOLF
BERGET 5 NATO SQUAD LEADER
BERGET 6 NATO PLATOON LEADER
BERGET 7 NATO COMPANY COMMANDER
BERGET 8 NAF BATTALION COMMANDER
BERGET 9 NAF BATTALION COMMANDER
BERGET 10 NAF ALL THE WAY
MEMBER HOSTILE OPERATIONS TEAM
PORTUGAL

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 03 Jul 2012, 19:03

Blackwolf wrote:
Sorry Ian but 1st i was nominated to be 2nd C&C

2nd I would never leave my 23 rd NAF because there are 180 players who ask me every year where to put down their name.

So where is my mistake really, can you explain??
I would be more than happy to.

You are correct, you was nominated. But you also did happily accept the role. If you thought for a second that you would not be able to fulfil that role due to your guys wanting you to command then you should not have accepted the 2ic role.

So who's mistake was it? Maybe whiteaces for not asking you to step up to the role. Maybe mine for seeing that help was needed but not filling your space for fear of treading on toes. I don't know.

But I do know that you accepted the 2ic role my friend.

Now I have no desire to carry on this discussion in the public domain, so should you wish to continue then may I ask that we take discussion to a private area such as pm's.

PS. I must apologise for suggesting that you was throwing about personal insults, as I was confusing your post for someone else's :)
Last edited by wormbyte on 03 Jul 2012, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
B6 - Platoon Commander (India 1st Platoon) - NATO
B7 - Company Commander (India Coy) - NATO
B10 - 3rd Rangers Commander
B12 - GCT Ranger Commander
B13 - GCT Para Inf - Company Commander
B14 - Commanding Officer of the Nordic Alliance Force

jayod30
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jayod30 » 03 Jul 2012, 19:11

Xiiv wrote:First Berget down, and must say it was an experience.

Overall I had a great time, maybe not as much action as I would have wanted but well worth the time and effort getting there and back :)

I would like to give a couple of shout outs:

To all of Fox 2-3 Recon squad, Marino, Terry, Jason, Apos and Paddy, you guys made this trip for me, without a doubt.

To A07 and F02 from Spain for keeping us company
To Ratcentral for tagging along :D
To the 3 dutch lads who got us a place to stay after the game!

To Redmenace and Adam for all the help

To the local marshal up at NAF HQ who helped with the tactical pizza order on Friday night, I'm sure everyone involved up there is now in your debt! lol

And to everyone else who took part, took hits, took flanking positions, took aim at me, or just took the time to chat, I thank you all for what was for me a great time.

Alex, the Navigator of Fox 2-3 Recon
(TomTom)
+1. Couldn't have put it better myself Alex. Having lost most of our squad to drop outs or transferring to the Rangers, Tom decided to make the six of us a recon unit and luckily for us it couldn't have worked out better. Tom always kept us in the loop, partly due to Terry nagging him for missions. :)
Every mission we were given we saw action. These weren't just missions to keep us occupied, every one had a purpose which in turn magnified the sense of realism for each and every one of us.

FOX 2.3 Recon walked away from Berget with grins from ear to ear. I can safely say Berget 10 was an amazing experience for us all and hopefully bar real life getting in the way we will all be back next year.

As for Tom, I can only sing his praises. I can't vouch for all Infantry but for FOX 2 he was great. His leadership skills were second to none and hopefully myself and the guys will be under his command next year.

Marino, Alex, Terry, Apos and Paddy, I can't thank you guys enough. An experience I'll never forget for sure :D
God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best.

B10-NAF-23rd Infantry-FOX2.3 Recon
B12 PMC UNISEC Sledgehammer 1.1

Cyanid
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Cyanid » 03 Jul 2012, 22:15

Blackwolf wrote:
Hello

I will start by saying this.

1st IT WAS THE WORST BERGET EVER
2nd C&C does not work period.
3rd IT was boring not to have nice special missions like at B9
4th 3 day game and one encounter with Poldavian troops sucks, and only because we searched them.

Now looking at the game scenario BE put up and you reading the missions 1st i can only say that ALL THE GOOD MISSIONS WHERE GIVEN TO THE RANGERS.

The 2 MGL missions where a complete JOKE
1st MGL with a platoon of Rangers and 4 snipers and 2 23rd NAF companies.
Right the Rangers lead the way in a zig-zag that took 2 hours to get to the Oil fields, when it could have been done in 45 minutes.
Mate first you complain that all the good and cool missions are given to the rangers, then you go on complaining about how an good and cool mission is executed. For you information it's generally not an good idea to advance straight on anything without intel, that you clearly lacked.

If you don't inform an ranger that you want to march straight into an battle unprepared the ranger will "zig-zag" (personally I call it flanking) and maneuver silently (not shouting in the radio so it can be heard all the way to the scouts ahead) and assess the situation before engaging. Or do you think the car that we caught completely of guard in the narrows between the trees would have been suprised walking straight into the AO guns blazing?

Just my 2 cents, hate hypocrite complaints about things that you clearly don't have the foggiest idea of how to handle.

P.S. Oh and by the way, awesome game!
Berget VIII - Ranger
Berget IX - Ranger
Berget X - Ranger
Berget XI - Rico's bodyguard - Iron Walls
Berget XIII - Cerberus
Berget XIV - UPIR
Valkyrie - REDISPONERE IN INFERNUM
Medic

Kalchev
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Kalchev » 03 Jul 2012, 22:28

I was just a regular grunt in NAF 23, FOX 4, and this was my third berget in 4 years - it was a complete and utter failure from my side. And it's not because of the arrogance of supreme command or the hugely unnecessary massing of forces for the two MGL missions we were sent on (which was obviously done to compensate the platoons for their bad time). It simply looked like berget crew didn't give a rat's arse how the 10th event of the series would pan out.

Because of the large amount of players this time the scale of cheating during firefights was absolutely absurd. This is the most annoying and disheartening element of every berget game and it seems as if B-crew simply denies its existence. Wake up to reality - players intentionally and on purpose break all the rules just to get ahead during gunfights. What's worse is that it has become like a team tactic to not call your hits even after showers of BBs (quote from a psy-ops friend). It's terrible to see all that and almost always recognize the nationality of the people/squads from 3-4 you have come to know that consistently do not follow the rules.

As is aparant from previous comments, the fact that the different battalions had no combined missions is just another proof that b-crew or supreme command were doing it wrong or simply didn't care. We met some Hungarian guys on our way back from Sweden, they were in the poldavian mechanized unit. They told us they were only sent on solo (suidice?) mission to attack the NAF base, what an awesome way to spend a 3 day-long game with your personal cars, which you drove thousand of kms to participate in the first place... what a joke.

Utter disappointment, that's what the game was to me. Good thing we decided on doing a road trip to Harno this year, so we got at least major fun while on the road. Seeing a B-11 forum up already made me laugh when I logged just now.
Gratz to the rangers for having the fun we never were given a chance to have, because you know, we are infantry, not rangers! :lol:

Thank you Blackwolf and Hornet for standing up for us. You cannot disappoint us, we have too much of a history (5 years?) to even try blaming you guys for this fail game.

FOX 4 /NAF 23/
Alevan!
Fortune favours the bold

B10 NAF23 FOX-4 K.Y.P.
B9 -
B8 NAF23 FOX-4
B7 NATO FOX-4

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 03 Jul 2012, 23:40

I will be posting a poldavian hq AAR later, but I must answere one thing in the last post. Poldavian Mec was a force operating mostly as one unit. That certain cars started to operate on their own after being taken out or what ever is their choise. This is the same with small inf units walking off on their own. If you don't stay with your command, you will lose out on stuff.
"go to your God like a soldier!"