No10 concluded

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 10
Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

No10 concluded

Post by Brujo » 30 Jun 2012, 18:02

There, we made it through the game. Killed a few, died a few times, marched many many km, met dear old friends and made a few new ones...
I am happy to say that the Sappers turned out into a well-tuned unit who completed most of our missions successfully. Cooperation with command was as i imagined, thanks to kjsaw and tiger for that.
Details will follow in appropriate topics, i enjoyed!

Wiley Zero out.
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 01 Jul 2012, 03:39

Agreed. Very enjoyable game. Due to logisitcs of packing up with regards to the weather I had to bail at 1500 today.

jayod30
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jayod30 » 01 Jul 2012, 11:41

I can safely say I had the time of my life at Berget 10. Met some great people and made some good friends along the way. It was an experience I shall never forget. I would like to say a big thanks to Tom(Redmenace tv) for his excellent leadership, Berget and NAF Infantry wouldn't be the same without him. Also Camero, Fox 2 commander, for his great leadership, Fox 2 was a better platoon for it. And finally, to Mareno, Apo, Paddy, Terry and Alex, my squad Fox 2.3 Recon, what a fucking team! We kicked ass from start to finish. Great guys, I can safely say Berget would not have been the same for me without you guys. Hope to see all you guys again next year for sure.

Not forgetting all from NAF, Zansian and Poldovian who travelled far and wide to help make such a great game, cheers and hope to see most of you next year whether it be as teammates or in my sights, cheers

Jason Fox2.3 Recon 8)
God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best.

B10-NAF-23rd Infantry-FOX2.3 Recon
B12 PMC UNISEC Sledgehammer 1.1

RRP Taksi
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by RRP Taksi » 01 Jul 2012, 15:45

Pain. Im too old for this.
I guess when my muscles start to recover i will see everything in an other light.. :P

Had fun blowing up shit, repairing and recovering stuff, shouting out orders, and ofcourse, shgooting the s**t out of the enemy.. :wink:

Thank you my comrades in the Poldavian forces!

Thank you my enemies!

I need new boots. Thanx for the opportunity to wear them out Brujo! 8)

My atmost appreciation for your patiens Kjsaw! :roll:

Tiger & Sgt:m; Good going running HQ!

Crapcgame! Great supporting of 15S2PL!

Deki! Fantastic cooperation 1&2PL 15S!

S A P P E R S R U L E ! ! !
Mmh..

B10 PL.CO 15S,2PL
B4-5-6-7-9 PL/CC (FFF/SRP command foreign and Swed) contact.
OPCR2-3

alecu
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by alecu » 02 Jul 2012, 12:24

I dont think what berget did you played guyz but if we where playing b10 dont lie to yourself saying what a great game it was because it was not either berget crew either whiteace managed to --- SPAM !!! --- our (naf 23) berget. Also talking in the airport with pollies the same feeling they had. I know you are all friends but we traved 2000 km spent lots of mobey mAde lots of hard choices to be at b10 and we where played for idiots. I personally wait for be and naf comm to come forward and explain how did they managed to --- SPAM !!! --- us up our 4th berget and to apologise for taking my money and time and giving me nothing in return.
B7 - NATO
B8 - NAF 23
B9 - NAF 6th Airborne
B10 - NAF 23rd Infantry Battalion
B11 - Taliban Tea Shop Owner
B12 - Taliban Inc.
--------------------
http://www.progear.ro

frik
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by frik » 02 Jul 2012, 13:13

Sorry to hear that from you Alecu.

We also traveled for 2000 km and spent 700€ just to attend 3 days event, but the trip was worth every penny / cent / krona... name it.

Was this years Berget better or worst than previous ones?
Subjective ... but for Sappers was Berget 10 most hardcore to time for sure!

Had great time with British and German lads... hope to see you guys again soon.

Thats for now... need some time to get myself together and then I'll write my review.

Take care guys, nice to meet old friends again (Kris, Blackwolf, Taksi, Tiger, Gabona, Trasher, Crapgame, ...).
B05 - Soviet VDV
B06 - NATO, Foxtrot-2 limo driver
B08 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers QRF medic
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers - 1st battalion XO
------------------
Poldavia FTW!!!11 ... For all others: Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!

Scarface
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Scarface » 02 Jul 2012, 14:04

alecu wrote:I dont think what berget did you played guyz but if we where playing b10 dont lie to yourself saying what a great game it was because it was not either berget crew either whiteace managed to --- SPAM !!! --- our (naf 23) berget. Also talking in the airport with pollies the same feeling they had. I know you are all friends but we traved 2000 km spent lots of mobey mAde lots of hard choices to be at b10 and we where played for idiots. I personally wait for be and naf comm to come forward and explain how did they managed to --- SPAM !!! --- us up our 4th berget and to apologise for taking my money and time and giving me nothing in return.
+1, I was there and I saw it with my eyes.
Berget - 6 NATO FOX 4
Berget - 7 NATO FOX 4
Berget - 8 23th NAF FOX 4
Berget - 9 6th NAF FOX 4
Berget - 10 23th NAF FOX4
Berget - 13 Special Parachute Infantry
Berget - 14 NAF Infantry
Berget - 15 Mercenaries

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 02 Jul 2012, 14:04

Alecu; Sorry to hear your experience was not what you expected, but please don't suggest we who did enjoy it are living in some fantasy world; No doubt even in the 15th sappers there are some who did not enjoy it as much as others did, but I personally rate this berget as close second to B8 when it comes to the amount of enjoyment I got from it.

Scarface
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Scarface » 02 Jul 2012, 14:23

With all my respect Kjsaw, I can just want to ask you, if you have time have a talk with commanders of NAF, then we can discuss it.
Most of our comments are highly emotional, it is normal. My disapointment is bigger, during the past 5 years I saw a lot, even lost two of my teeth during B8 but I still come, I never complain since today.
But befor this I propose you to take the oppion of all sides. Thank you for your understanding.
Berget - 6 NATO FOX 4
Berget - 7 NATO FOX 4
Berget - 8 23th NAF FOX 4
Berget - 9 6th NAF FOX 4
Berget - 10 23th NAF FOX4
Berget - 13 Special Parachute Infantry
Berget - 14 NAF Infantry
Berget - 15 Mercenaries

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 02 Jul 2012, 14:23

This years Berget was a bit of a dissapointment. I just have one previous Berget to compare, but there were some realy general problems this year.

First the good stuff:
- 2-2 Sappers: It was a pleasure to play with so professional players
- Firefights with the Finns: you are realy tough fighters
- the briefing tent
- water supply
- Berget transport for Sappers
- A lot of fairplay
- Awesome people
- mostly good weather

Now then not so good stuff:
- The gamearea felt empty. Civilians in Janco were realy missing. Last year this area was way more alive.
- The shitters: BE should have emtied them more often. To send somebody to clean it with water doesn't solve the problem
- The tents. Fortunately Sappers got the new tents, which were nice per se, but they were put up the wrong way ( you have to ram the poles with in angle into the ground; not straight) our tent collapsed every night on one side
- Lack of information. Sometimes we did missions and didn't got to know the purpose. We asked, but our superiors were also not informed about it.
- No Bang/Take-your-hit rule. As last year i think there should be an official rule for that. I was glad that I met a Zansian that showed mercy and just told me that i was shot than actually shooting me when he was next to me and I was unarmed. If this would be a normal rule, a lot of accidents could be avoided, like one of my squadmembers getting shot in the face on point blank.
-excessiv alcohol consume before gameday: at the nigt before gamestart there were a lot of wild parties happening in Poldavian camp. I am not a guy who damns alcohol, but you should drink responsibly. There were a some guys using their guns while drunk, and some doing dangerous stuff...please guys stop it. it is dangerous not only to you but also to others.
- The motherfu*kers that ripped down the norwegian flag
- The MGLs. It was a nice concept, but it was not used properly. The area we went in wasn't wearth the effort getting there. It was just another forrest. I hoped for some cool area, like an old military base or stuff like that. BE should scratch that element for next year and should rather concentrate on the basics.
- The "Guard the Silo" mission on friday night. Sappers got orders to guard it for 6 hours. It was dark, cold, stormy and wet. At first that was no problem. we prepared for heavy fightings. We dug in and created fortyfied positions. After f4 hours i started to feel not so well (I got 3 layers of cold weather gear, and all were wet) so I returned to base with some other lads. One hour later the rest of our squad came and I asked why they didn't stayed till replacements should arrive at 3am. The reply blew my mind: NAF called out a cease fire for the night....our whole mission was pointless. BE could have talked to the commaders earlier and we wouldn't had to be out there. I am not whining about the weather or things like that. I am not okay with the information policy by BE. The weather was bad all evening, and BE could have known that there would be alot of wet/cold casulties...
- lack of civvies (i only saw psyops)
- Problems with BAVS. Our AT-4 operator tried to shoot down a NAF vehicle. He was within the distances and aimed at the reciever. He fired 4 shots from different positions, but no hit was recieved. We assumed that the driver had his System on, so we assume technical problems.
- offgame NAF "taxidrivers" that drove around our roadblock. was a real dissapointment to see that happen.

Despite all the flaws, it was a pretty nice event and it was awesome to see old friends again and meet new ones. I am really locking forward to next year with a new story (and maybe a new area???)
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 02 Jul 2012, 14:32

Scarface wrote:With all my respect Kjsaw, I can just want to ask you, if you have time have a talk with commanders of NAF, then we can discuss it.
Most of our comments are highly emotional, it is normal. My disapointment is bigger, during the past 5 years I saw a lot, even lost two of my teeth during B8 but I still come, I never complain since today.
But befor this I propose you to take the oppion of all sides. Thank you for your understanding.
I respect both your and Alecu opinions on the game you saw, my response was to this:
alecu wrote:I dont think what berget did you played guyz but if we where playing b10 dont lie to yourself saying what a great game it was
It infers I and any others who felt the game was good) are being somehow untruthful with our own impressions.

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 02 Jul 2012, 14:54

Waldo wrote:- Problems with BAVS. Our AT-4 operator tried to shoot down a NAF vehicle. He was within the distances and aimed at the reciever. He fired 4 shots from different positions, but no hit was recieved. We assumed that the driver had his System on, so we assume technical problems.
We encountered that too. On the 5th shot, it registered a hit. This was at close range and at a stationary parked vehicle.
The NAF had problems hitting our car too with their 40mm BAVS, so the system isn't always good.

At one time my driver was able to take out an NAF car at ~100m, so lightning conditions matter a lot.

Personally I liked this game. Not quite as good as B8 (still the high water mark of Berget, in my mind), but overall it was a good game experience for my team and I.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

alecu
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by alecu » 02 Jul 2012, 14:56

I am sorry kjsaw, did not intend to offend you, i was just trying to point some facts out, that because of friendship between us we tend not to "harm" somebody feelings, and we end-up in this situation.

I am the one that every day waited in front of the Hq for orders that did not come, and had Blackwolf in the uncomfortable situation in witch he had his friends around the world dissapointed. From previous bergets i know how things are working, and i know how mission came to Hq, if something was different then - it is BE responsibility to make something about it, but not let us 3 days in a row to wait.

I am always telling my friends, you make your own Berget, you dont need to wait for something to make it fun for you, guess - i tried also that, taking my squad out of the base without clear order and nothing happened, it was like all area was empty.

Also what is with this kind of missions? look for X no of silos, and we (85+ men) we searched for them and only found 1 in 5 hours. That CQB? you call 3 rooms stormed by 100+ men CQB? And then, sending us in the contaminated area to search for something that BE not even placed there, but gaved the mission anyways?

Again, KJSaw i did not want to be disrespectful and i apologies if i offended you, just being very emotional about this and angry, as Berget games are getting more and more bad. I know that people might say, then dont come, but someone needs to think, what if Italians, Romanians , Bulgarians, Portuguese, French, dont come? then you end up with Northern Country Event - that BE is not intend to be, and instead of 2000 tickets sold, you will get 800. Myself i always promoted Berget, to all Romanians, but this time blew in my face as hell.
B7 - NATO
B8 - NAF 23
B9 - NAF 6th Airborne
B10 - NAF 23rd Infantry Battalion
B11 - Taliban Tea Shop Owner
B12 - Taliban Inc.
--------------------
http://www.progear.ro

Sgt._Shaw
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sgt._Shaw » 02 Jul 2012, 14:59

At first i want to THANK YOU all for a great game!
Many People from different countries who just worked together and made me and most of the others a great time.
Well... maybe there where less civvies, but the ones which participated made it just GREAT!

Bad things:
- +1 to Waldo for the issues with BE's lack of information
- also +1 for the problems with the BAVS, we had a Poldavian-Car that was shot at from 3! different BAVS-40mm-Grenades more than once, but their system had technical problems (we actually spoke to them and they showed us that it was turned on)
- what made me a bit angry was one POL-Car that just drove over the mines we had layed... :evil: (and YES it was ingame, they where shooting at us while passing by); but maybe they just didn't saw the mines with all the adrenalin in their blood :wink:
-@ Waldo: we also had some OFFGAME Poldavian-Cars passing our roadblocks... but i assume they just wanted to pick up some "hit"-guys....
yeah i know, maybe they just wanted to get passed somehow, but lets think the best ;-)

Greetings from Germany to all participants!
Berget 10: NAF 2nd Mech- Scout/Bv 206-Crew (Odin coy)
Berget 11: GCT Mechanized, Direwolf 1 - RATELO (D-1-2)
Berget 12: PMC Mechanized, Lockpick, Bv-206 RATELO and 2IC
Berget 13: GCT Mechanized, Lockpick-Coy: 2IC and RATELO
Berget 15: UPIR Heavy Mechanized, PBV Mech-Inf, AT and 2IC

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 02 Jul 2012, 15:01

alecu wrote:[(...) And then, sending us in the contaminated area to search for something that BE not even placed there, but gaved the mission anyways? (...)
We got a nice mission where we had to collect a parachute drop....the location was a NAF spawnpoint almost on top of NAF Base....nice joke BE :twisted:
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee