Thank you Poldavians!

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 10
MrMedic
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Thank you Poldavians!

Post by MrMedic » 01 Jul 2012, 15:12

Thank you for a really great game!

I would like to thank the Poldavians that I had the pleasure of doing battle with. You fought really hard and fair, Well done!

Overall I feel that the number and severity of incidents were remarkably low this year. It felt really good to go out on missions even at nighttime/in bad lighting or smoke/fog. I got shot several times at short range, but only with CQB-guns (I guess, since none of them hurt or left a mark even when I got shot in the face (which was 100% ok in that situation ))

Hit-taking, as far as I was able to see it, was also really good. In fact I had a total of zero "i'm sure I hit but no deathrag popped up"-situations.

I can only hope that we were able to provide you with the a similar experience.
__________________Play Hard - Play Safe - Play Fair__________________
- B6 Merc - B7 Merc - B8 Merc - B9 UN - B10 ZBG - B11 Merc- B12 Merc-
____________________________6mm.se____________________________

johanRisch
Private
Private

Post by johanRisch » 01 Jul 2012, 17:38

+1
I had exactly the same experience, I saw one poldavian shooting with his ground above his head. But as soon as we informed him he apologized. So no big deal :)

Thanks for a great game!
B8 - NAF 5th Infantry Battalion
B9 - NAF 6th Airborne Infantry Battalion
B10 - PC NAF 23rd Inf Battalion
B11 - NAF C&C

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 01 Jul 2012, 19:24

I had also same experiance this year! A lot less winning! I hope that means we play more fair this year! Thanks all player!
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 01 Jul 2012, 19:33

Fairplay was really good this year. Respect to the Zansian guy that came into Pol mainbase on friday evening and rather told me to take the hit then shoot me when i came out of my tent to brush my teeth. That was a nice gesture :)

The only bad experiences I had that made me really angry where when some idiots stole the norwegian flag (you just don't steal from your comrades) and the incident when one of my squadmembers was shot in the face by a pistol on point blank :twisted:
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 01 Jul 2012, 20:34

+1 back, MrMedic!

I saw no issues with the Zans or NAF, other than a few technical issues with the BAVS system.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Igby
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Igby » 01 Jul 2012, 20:49

there was some turmoil friday night in the NAF base I don't recall what happened really cuz i wasn't there at the time but I heard something that the cops where called or something.
B5-10

JKangas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by JKangas » 01 Jul 2012, 21:00

We met not only numerous (*) but some skilled Poldavian teams who started flanking us right away at the first contact. This resulted in very challenging fights with 360 degree firing sectors.

Poldavian forces who we met at the power lines on Wed night reacted very fast. Even though we shot a vast number of them to pieces, we could not out-flank the flanking unit fast enough, or even withdraw in time with only two platoons against human waves :) I noted some good communication between Poldavian teams, with lots of personal radios and well-coordinated movements - good job! Hope that Zansians entertained you as well.

Glad to hear about positive notes on hit-taking; I did observe a few depressing incidents with either the guy not shouting out the hits and showing orange right away, or simply disregarding certain hits and very audible BB pops against BDU fabric. I'm sure that if folks just kept orange rags so that they can whip them out immediately after hit, we would have much less grumbling about hit-taking. Fluorescent orange dead rags were widely used this year - a very good thing!

(*) Seriously numerous, like throw a rock at any direction and you will hit a polly.
B8: 1st Poldavian, 1st Coy, Fox Sq. 3
B9: The Firm, Zansian Sq. K, Pizza Delivery Guy
B10: Zansian 1st Coy, Alpha Pl, 1st Sq.
B11: Raven Guerilla Mursu Coy, Alpha Pl, Alpha Sq.
B13: Ikaros Mursu Coy, 1st Pl, 1st Sq. "Front Squat - Etukyykky"
B15: NAF FINBAT Air Cav, Fox 3 Pl.

Rythm
Captain
Captain

Post by Rythm » 01 Jul 2012, 22:03

I can only agree with this general feeling of hit-taking. I had not a single incident where hits were not taken. And only heard of two minor incidents that most likely were due to inexperience.

Greatest Airsoft game ever!
6mm.se

B9: UN - Platoon commander
B10: Zansian Black Guards - Platoon commander
B11: Ravens - Company commander/Intel officer
B12: Ravens - 2 in Command
B13: Ikaros - 2iC
B15: Mercs - 2iC
B17: GFM - 2iC
B18: GFM - 2iC

Lomarticus
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Lomarticus » 01 Jul 2012, 22:28

Re: "there was some turmoil friday night in the NAF base I don't recall what happened really cuz i wasn't there at the time but I heard something that the cops where called or something."

No police were involved if it is the one I was present at, it was eventiually calmed down by all.

One Poly lost his cool and said something "unprofessional" off-game that we trust he regrets letting happen.

While it was certainly serious enough for full police involvement, it was given as an option because the Poly would not accept Berget Trustee or staff intervention at the time.

While it does not justify the event, it would be nice to believe that it was a cold exhausted wet-people situation.

On the flip-side players MUST be able to SEE that Berget will strongly and visibly intervene where necessaey and fully enforce games rules, otherwise their authority means nothing and the games will become a brawl and nothing more.

The NAF players involved in this incident left things in what we hope are the capable hands of Berget.

On another note, I saw some rediculously dangerous driving by a few of the Poly vehicles. They nearly hit NAF players on a few occasions (the vehicles were driving at reckless speeds into the NAF base at the time). Real-world casualties were not far from happening.

I understand that these were reported to Berget and it would be comforting for players who are thinking whether or not to go to Berget again if Berget would address this issue very visibly to demonstrate that they take the health and safety of their customers seriously.

Hell_Viking
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Hell_Viking » 01 Jul 2012, 22:36

Just a slight notice on that driving comment.
One Polly pickup was at one time used as an ambulance going out to a call of a Lifethreatening case ( Unconscious person with no breathing). At that time The vehicle had its emergency lights on and honked the horn continuously While I (paramedic) were on the back shouting to people in the way.

A more in depth AfterActionReview will be poseted later on ;)
K638

"Speak trough action"

WhiteAce
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by WhiteAce » 01 Jul 2012, 22:37

Lomarticus wrote:Re: "there was some turmoil friday night in the NAF base I don't recall what happened really cuz i wasn't there at the time but I heard something that the cops where called or something."

No police were involved if it is the one I was present at, it was eventiually calmed down by all.

One Poly lost his cool and said something "unprofessional" off-game that we trust he regrets letting happen.

While it was certainly serious enough for full police involvement, it was given as an option because the Poly would not accept Berget Trustee or staff intervention at the time.

While it does not justify the event, it would be nice to believe that it was a cold exhausted wet-people situation.

On the flip-side players MUST be able to SEE that Berget will strongly and visibly intervene where necessaey and fully enforce games rules, otherwise their authority means nothing and the games will become a brawl and nothing more.

The NAF players involved in this incident left things in what we hope are the capable hands of Berget.

On another note, I saw some rediculously dangerous driving by a few of the Poly vehicles. They nearly hit NAF players on a few occasions (the vehicles were driving at reckless speeds into the NAF base at the time). Real-world casualties were not far from happening.

I understand that these were reported to Berget and it would be comforting for players who are thinking whether or not to go to Berget again if Berget would address this issue very visibly to demonstrate that they take the health and safety of their customers seriously.
The Friday evening event was taken care of by me personally. not only was that one (out of 3) specific Poldavian player addressed, but also the NAF player involved.
BE crew was notified of this situation and why (as written) it happened and how solved.
The "near miss" with the Poldavian car was also reported as a serious incident. It was directly reported to BE crew and Tiger_1.

There were some more minor incidents, mostly concerning rules and arrogance. Most were/are being taken care of by BE crew. They have clear rules and they will enforce them.

Overall I must agree that the amount of fair play was far better then any of the 4 previous Berget games I attended. The amount of incidents and trustee interference was to my knowledge down to an all time minimum!
Cudo's to all players for that, you made it a very, very good game!
Berget 5: 2IC Spetsnaz.
Berget 6: CoyCO NATO Golf coy.
Berget 7: PtnCO 2nd platoon 2nd coy
Berget 8: 3rd Rangers Battalion:
Berget 10: Co of NAF forces

Lomarticus
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Lomarticus » 01 Jul 2012, 22:45

Hell_Viking wrote:Just a slight notice on that driving comment.
One Polly pickup was at one time used as an ambulance going out to a call of a Lifethreatening case ( Unconscious person with no breathing). At that time The vehicle had its emergency lights on and honked the horn continuously While I (paramedic) were on the back shouting to people in the way.

A more in depth AfterActionReview will be poseted later on ;)
The flashing lights made the real-world situation of that event perfectly clear to all reasonable people, though thanks for mentioning that for anyone that may have not noticed.

That is not however the incident I am referring to.

ps. I dont intend to come across as whining. I had an absolute ball and almost everyone was honest and careful in my experience, but the few things that did go wrong were unforgivable.

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Crapgame » 02 Jul 2012, 00:10

@ JKangas

it was us (pol 15th sapp) on the power poles at devils crossing. Sappers where full of Berget vets and some who have played with the Finns in Zansia before and some of us that know some finnish.

but it was fun, we had more action with Zansians during Berget X and you where all good sports! my favorite being when we blew up the road going to the NAF base and then i got to shoot a Zansian bus (in game)
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech
B18: GCT Mech
Swedish & Finnish: living/working in Finland

RRP Taksi
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by RRP Taksi » 02 Jul 2012, 15:28

jkangas
We met not only numerous (*) but some skilled Poldavian teams who started flanking us right away at the first contact. This resulted in very challenging fights with 360 degree firing sectors.

Poldavian forces who we met at the power lines on Wed night reacted very fast. Even though we shot a vast number of them to pieces, we could not out-flank the flanking unit fast enough, or even withdraw in time with only two platoons against human waves Smile I noted some good communication between Poldavian teams, with lots of personal radios and well-coordinated movements - good job! Hope that Zansians entertained you as well.
Yes, this was an awesome contact.
I had just briefed my fresh troops about how fast you guys flank after 1:st shot fired. They didn´t believe me before that fight.
(I had estimated you in our flank about 4-6min after 1:st round out)
I was taken out twice in the 1:st 7min:s (good sapper medics)..
The 2:nd incursion we did we xtended our flanks 200% but i thing we were 3-1 against you guys together with POL 3:rd.Mnt in the morning.

GG :team:
Mmh..

B10 PL.CO 15S,2PL
B4-5-6-7-9 PL/CC (FFF/SRP command foreign and Swed) contact.
OPCR2-3

JKangas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by JKangas » 02 Jul 2012, 16:35

RRP Taksi, crapgame: we had an experienced guy in the front lines shouting out for flanking action as soon as he saw you guys advancing to the higher ground towards the rocks west to the power line.

I was in our flanking/reserve unit (1 squad by the way), basically just ran like hell to our right, without any info about how close you guys were. I managed to get to the edge of the power line opening and hit a jackpot with pollies crossing the line. After that it was just hosing down the red armbands in the open until a lucky shot came through the bushes.

I later saw that you had folks to our rear right (south) flank at the edge of the rocks so it was a good move for you to extend the lines. Actually the guy calling for flanking called out for a much longer manouver via south-east before hitting you, just to get around your southernmost unit. But with friendlies getting shot in the front there really was no time.
B8: 1st Poldavian, 1st Coy, Fox Sq. 3
B9: The Firm, Zansian Sq. K, Pizza Delivery Guy
B10: Zansian 1st Coy, Alpha Pl, 1st Sq.
B11: Raven Guerilla Mursu Coy, Alpha Pl, Alpha Sq.
B13: Ikaros Mursu Coy, 1st Pl, 1st Sq. "Front Squat - Etukyykky"
B15: NAF FINBAT Air Cav, Fox 3 Pl.