Nominations for honorable and otherwise cool oponents :)

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 10
Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 06 Jul 2012, 14:07

I would like to point out the NAF unit that attacked the Pol base just after the base was taken offgame on friday night. I had just finished my phone call with Whiteace and Berget crew about the ceasefire, and arranged for transport for my units still in the field (sappers guarding silo, and I also sent some trucks to pick up stray players operating around abbonded village). I walked out after this to informe the base defence guys stod in the rain that they could get off one hour before planed. Just talked to both checpoints, and heading back to HQ, when we se one guy shouting medic, in the middel of our base (Infiltration of the assualt unit took place before guards where told base off), just then a NAF player jumped out from behind a tent and shot me in the back (that hurt by the way). This caused a short firefight with units responding, but as base had been decleared safe 15 min before, I decided to stop the firefight. After some shouting we stoped the attack, and gathered the attackers (they had come in via several diffrent routes). The NAF guys where 15 men that had walked for several hours in the rain and I must admit I was impressed by the way they handled the news that their well planed and carried out attack was no good. So after some talk, we got them to a fire and I put then on the trucks that carried my men back, so they got back to base. Despite being wet, and having their attack spoiled, they swaped a few warstories, and smiles all around. The real spirit of airsoft.

The same goes for the Zanzian player I talked to who also had his plan spoiled by the bases being called. In that weather, I am sure you would have taken out the HQ tent, as the guards where on the inside of the tent, not the outside ;)

Nice to see airsofters keeping their spirits despite bad timing and weather :)
"go to your God like a soldier!"

RRP Taksi
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by RRP Taksi » 06 Jul 2012, 16:17

Smacker>>

Was it you who searched my backpack in my green VW on the road to the NAF base?

Did you enjoy the fake map?
(You missed the MGRS map under my camelback.. :P
Mmh..

B10 PL.CO 15S,2PL
B4-5-6-7-9 PL/CC (FFF/SRP command foreign and Swed) contact.
OPCR2-3

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 06 Jul 2012, 17:54

Tiger_1 wrote:
+1

I have to say, the whole offgame-bases thing was a bit strange, our base was attacked about the same time by a small (but well-working) Mountaineer unit. We did not hear about this arrangement until next morning, so all the units in the field operated as per earlier information, which was normal 0300 hrs until bases are offgame.

But anyways, it is also awesome to hear these stories. Kudos to the guys who were there.
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

Dinger LGM
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Dinger LGM » 11 Jul 2012, 10:18

Tiger_1 wrote:I would like to point out the NAF unit that attacked the Pol base just after the base was taken offgame on friday night. I had just finished my phone call with Whiteace and Berget crew about the ceasefire, and arranged for transport for my units still in the field (sappers guarding silo, and I also sent some trucks to pick up stray players operating around abbonded village). I walked out after this to informe the base defence guys stod in the rain that they could get off one hour before planed. Just talked to both checpoints, and heading back to HQ, when we se one guy shouting medic, in the middel of our base (Infiltration of the assualt unit took place before guards where told base off), just then a NAF player jumped out from behind a tent and shot me in the back (that hurt by the way). This caused a short firefight with units responding, but as base had been decleared safe 15 min before, I decided to stop the firefight. After some shouting we stoped the attack, and gathered the attackers (they had come in via several diffrent routes). The NAF guys where 15 men that had walked for several hours in the rain and I must admit I was impressed by the way they handled the news that their well planed and carried out attack was no good. So after some talk, we got them to a fire and I put then on the trucks that carried my men back, so they got back to base. Despite being wet, and having their attack spoiled, they swaped a few warstories, and smiles all around. The real spirit of airsoft.

The same goes for the Zanzian player I talked to who also had his plan spoiled by the bases being called. In that weather, I am sure you would have taken out the HQ tent, as the guards where on the inside of the tent, not the outside ;)

Thanks a lot for your mention Tiger One. I’m Dinger LGM, the proud commander of Archer Four, the Ranger unit that raided your base that night. Our group, nicknamed “The Crazy Italians” after the raid, was composed by 7 LGM, 4 BTJO and 3 Fuorilegge, a very fantastic and motivated group that had a hell of a lot of fun walking 7 clicks under wind, rain and Pol units trying to cut off our route (some of them walking really a few inches from our hideouts). The final approach to your camp was something we’ll remember for ages, with sappers closing on the road around us while we were trying to be as silents as spooks before infiltrating the base. Amazing!
We must admit that the news of the “game off” was a bit frustrating after all that way down, but as milsim players we don’t stick that much to this game features (despite we respect them) as we like to think that, in the reality, there is not the chance to call a base off game. At the end of the day, we came out of our base with the aim to bring your hat back, and we did it our way.
It was very really appreciated your offer for a transport back to base, all my team have appreciated your honourable “enemy offer” (and some of us have appreciated a couple of hot dogs offered by your guys). You should have been on the truck to see the party in there, we where so happy that it sounded better than the New Year’s Eve celebration :-))
Glad to fight such an honourable enemy, hope to see you there next year... but watch out for “The Crazy Italians” next time :-))

Hypokondrikern
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Hypokondrikern » 17 Jul 2012, 12:29

Thanks to the Zansian/Naf sniper team that pinned us psyops down at crossroads. I got super excited by the shot that just passed my hat and I started running towards your hideout wih my friends covering me. It was like a movie and seeing your happy faces coming up from the bush afterwards to have a chat just made my berget. Thanks!

P.S thanks to to all the nice people in poldavian base. There were some guy there from Skåne who stayed in the base on Thursday morning because of a hurt leg and gave us psyops a time of company with some honest laughs.
Berget 18: red
Berget 17: red
Berget 16: red
Berget 15: UPIR Infantry // Medic.
Berget 13: Minerva Infantry
Berget 12: Orlow's Mercenaries
Berget 11: UA17 // Squadleader.
Berget 10: Poldavian PSYOPS
Berget 9: Poldavian Artillery
Berget 8: 5th NAF // Medic.

Hcw_Crowley
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

JFK assasination bullet !

Post by Hcw_Crowley » 11 Oct 2012, 16:00

NIN wrote:To the NAF guy that shot me in the ear up in NÄS on the MGL. You must have made the single most awesome luckyshoot in the history of airsoft. It went through the back passanger window through the opening between the driver and passenger compartment and hit me in the ear. (JFK assasination bullet?)

And to the guy or gal on the second MGL (weapons factory) that shot me on the lip in the dark when all you could see was my head for about a second when I was standing on the roof.

Two of the best hits I have had the privelige of taking.
Well an oversize scoope and some practise made this shoot possible, Ijust saw a opening and took it and the thing that made my day was your face expression after :O ?!?!?! WTF :O

AND to BlackWolf, this impossible kill was done by NAF 3rd Rangers, Collussos II 8) HOOORAAAHHH!!!
We are Legion, We do not forgive, We do not forgett, Fear us, Expect us always...