The C&C unit

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 10

Shall the C&C unit be overall commander for the other units.

Yes, it worked well.
54%
No, dont keep this.
32%
Yes, keep it if BE still distrubates unit specific missions.
14%

Total votes: 63

Redmenace_tv
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Redmenace_tv » 09 Jul 2012, 20:23

Yes coffee it's as easy as that. you should apply for intel officer next year.
(TOM)
Berget 8 - NAF 5th Staff Officer
Berget 9 - 2IC NAF 1st Mech battalion
Berget 10 -2IC NAF 23rd Inf Battalion
Berget 11 -AWOL
Berget 12 - AWOL
Berget 13 - ?

Furey
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Furey » 09 Jul 2012, 23:48

I think that the commanders of each team should communicate in a regular but subtle manner, to ensure big bad fire fights and that both teams are enjoying themselves. Its not like they are really competing, its more like a nato exercise where the commanders of each force sit in the same bunker and test their troops against each other.
Poldavian Army, 5th Infantry, Tango Coy
You know when you've been Tango'd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXZFgGjB ... re=related

UK Airsoft Players Union
www.ukapu.org.uk

Coffe
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Coffe » 10 Jul 2012, 03:14

Redmenace_tv wrote:Yes coffee it's as easy as that. you should apply for intel officer next year.
Heh, hypohetically speaking im progressing quite fast through the ranks it seems. During planning of Berget 10 I got promoted in my team to squad leader. Then it seems I got promoted again to platoon leader (was only in actual command of my squad-sized team though, but I got to wear the stripes and deal with the added respawn-time of course ). Next year it's intelligence officer. :D

I don't think I'll be able to apply though. I just recently had to take the position as chief in my airsoft team because the guy who had acted as chief for quite a number of years just wasn't up to the task anymore. So it was either that I take the job or the team might've gotten disbanded because no one else was up for it.

And it makes me sort of "locked" in a squad leader position for them, because we have no one to replace me. And our playstyle just doesn't mesh too well with me sitting in C&C barracks most of the time dealing with reports coming from the recon guys (our playstyle is more akin to Infantry borderline-Ranger stuff, it's just that no everyone in the team is up for the milsim experience and prefer to have a nice big tent in basecamp to sleep in which is why we booked tickets for NAF INF instead of NAF Ranger)

But I digress, I don't know how C&C handled the recon/sniper unit this year, but I just though it sounded kind of odd that BE includes such a unit while still trying to micromanage and script the actions of the different factions in the game.

I mean im quite sure the Zansians, NAF and Pollies could've "played war" well enough on their own accord rather than having to have BE Crew babysitting the entire thing, ESPECIALLY when the C&C of the two opposing factions has access to a recon/sniper-unit as long as it is used the way I proposed.

It seems to me that the big issue is that BE Crew interfere and over-organize too much.

I guess my opinion is somewhat coloured by my experience as a game master when playing table-top role playing games with my friends. Rather than meticulously plan out everything that's supposed to happen to the in-game characters portrayed by the players, I tend to prefer to just throw an in-game situation into their laps and let the players decide how to deal with it, and then I develop the progressing adventure from there based on what the players decided to do (and not do).

This approach tend to make the players feel happy because it gives them a sense of freedom of action, and it saves me the effort of having to plan out exactly everything that's going to happen in the adventure/scenario in advance (and also avoiding potential situations where the players actions completely ruin the plot of the scenario).

So I guess that's why I think it seems that Berget Events need to take a step back and trust that the players and their officers will be able to make the game interestning and fun on their own rather than being railroaded through the enire scenario.

I mean, we're hundreds of people from all over the world armed witth toy guns that shoot plastic pellets, all dressed in military outfits and gear, have access to vehicles and are all camped out in a roughly 4*4 kilometre wooded area. How the hell can someone avoid having fun in that situation? :lol:

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 10 Jul 2012, 10:27

I solved this by forming the BRF (Brigade Recon Force). A unit made up of people from all the other units who wished to do the recon job. As this was not an official unit, Berget had no missions for it, and it was free to do the jobs I needed it for. A job it did very well I must say!
"go to your God like a soldier!"

Coffe
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Coffe » 11 Jul 2012, 02:02

Tiger_1 wrote:I solved this by forming the BRF (Brigade Recon Force). A unit made up of people from all the other units who wished to do the recon job. As this was not an official unit, Berget had no missions for it, and it was free to do the jobs I needed it for. A job it did very well I must say!
How delightfully sneaky of you. :D

Mad Dog
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Mad Dog » 14 Jul 2012, 21:11

Well as a reserve officer (Captain) I am a S3 Officer. So if I decide to participate in Berget 11 it will be in C&C Unit for sure. There is not so funny like to be in the field – but somebody need to do this dirty job also.
BERGET 10 23 NAF FOX K.Y.P. 4/1 Sqd C. Leader