Welcome

For all NAF (Nordic alliance force) soldiers
wormbyte
Major
Major

Welcome

Post by wormbyte » 24 Feb 2016, 17:12

Welcome to the NAF barracks private forum.

This post is purely designed to welcome you to the forum and to outline the purpose and use of this private forum.

I will be creating a news update thread which will be used to cascade information in one direction down to you guys in order to keep the information clear, concise and cohesive. If you have any questions from the messages I broadcast then feel free to create a thread to raise your question, and that the conversation can stay focus in each single thread.

Security

This forum is for all members of the Nordic Alliance Force, there if you suspect anyone of being present on this forum that should not be then please take note of the name and report the information to me.

We can not assume to trust the quality of the security within this forum so I will be keeping operational planning details to a minimal. Detailed briefs and discussions will be dealt with offline in a more secure environment, with commanding officer ranks, and information will cascade down through the ranks.

The purpose of this forum

The main purpose of this forum is setup the organisation of the force, and other less operationally sensitive planning ahead of the game.

What is the next step?

We are currently filling the high level positions of the force at the moment.

As a high level structure you can think of the force as an Infantry battalion with support attachments from mechanised units as well as Tier-2 special forces (Rangers). Therefore I will take command of the battalion, so that all infantry company commanders report directly to me, as well as the Mechanised command and Ranger command.

At present I have selected the Ranger commander (who has accepted the post), the Mechanised commander (awaiting confirmation) and two of the five infantry company commanders.

We are currently grouping the hundreds of infantry players in to groups of roughly 100 strong based on nationalities and teams they have signed up as. These groups will be forwarded to each relevant infantry commander so that they can then organise their companies as they see fit. Obviously we would be looking for a standard use of platoons and sections/squads. But the company commander will have the autonomy to select their own platoon commanders and to determine which players will be in each platoon.

We are also looking for HQ staff, for which we have 3 key roles identified. The WhatsApp operators, radio operators and intelligence officers. Ideally we want 3 people to cover each role so that we can maintain 24 hour operations from the HQ.

So if you think you have what to takes to lead a company of 100 strong then please step forward as we need sufficient leadership if we are going to be successful in our task.

Likewise if the thought of helping in HQ appeals to you and you think you could assist with one of the 3 roles for a period of time during the day then please step forward. Force cohesion comes from the operations within HQ, and if we are understaffed then you guys will feel it in the field and everything goes to shit! Don’t be shy, the HQ is going to be a lively and exciting place, where you get exposure to a lot of planning and intel that you would not always outside of the HQ.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Regards,

Ian Wermerling
Commanding officer of the Nordic Alliance Force
B6 - Platoon Commander (India 1st Platoon) - NATO
B7 - Company Commander (India Coy) - NATO
B10 - 3rd Rangers Commander
B12 - GCT Ranger Commander
B13 - GCT Para Inf - Company Commander
B14 - Commanding Officer of the Nordic Alliance Force

B2fox
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Welcome

Post by B2fox » 06 Apr 2016, 08:47

wormbyte wrote:
What is the next step?

We are currently filling the high level positions of the force at the moment.

We are also looking for HQ staff, for which we have 3 key roles identified. The WhatsApp operators, radio operators and intelligence officers. Ideally we want 3 people to cover each role so that we can maintain 24 hour operations from the HQ.

So if you think you have what to takes to lead a company of 100 strong then please step forward as we need sufficient leadership if we are going to be successful in our task.

Likewise if the thought of helping in HQ appeals to you and you think you could assist with one of the 3 roles for a period of time during the day then please step forward. Force cohesion comes from the operations within HQ, and if we are understaffed then you guys will feel it in the field and everything goes to shit! Don’t be shy, the HQ is going to be a lively and exciting place, where you get exposure to a lot of planning and intel that you would not always outside of the HQ.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Regards,

Ian Wermerling
Commanding officer of the Nordic Alliance Force
Maybe a weekly update, on the positions that still need to be filled, will make people step forward ? :)
Nikolaj "B2" Poulsen - Team ILD I PIBEN

http://www.ildipiben.com
-----------------------------
B11 & B12: Ravens
B13: IKAROS Tank driver/Platoon leader
B14: NAF Delta
B15 & B16: Mercenaries "IIP Services"
B17: Bandits aka Local hunter
B18: Yes when ever then is.....