This was my 3rd Berget, and it was awesome. In a different way, the others were, but still awesome.
- Our HQ did a really good work!! At Gamestart, we (Echo1) were informed, about our timetable for base-defence! What a good Thing! Fact is, base-defence has to be done, and usually it is done with the Players, who are in base, not playing. This year we had to defend the FAD AND the base, so i think ist ok to use your companys for the defence. Since we knew the times for base-defence, we could plan our other activities around them!
- Leadership: Our companyleader tried to keep us up to all informations as good as possible! N1 Work Paul and friends! Was cool to see, how it works with real leaderpositions (compared to last year, where there was made nothing at the GCT INF)
- Toilets and showers were good and clean!
- Longer opening time for the Kiosk!
- teambalance was quite good!
- fun with reds, while playing! We had a good time, f.e. if we cought some guys in the woods, hunted them down, after that, they werent pissed or anything! And in my Point of view, there were very few cheaters this year!
- Civilians and Town: Good Job guys! Always a pleasure to see, what you set up!
- Härnösand: I like the area, but i would not be sad, if there was something new the next year!
- Weather: We just had reeeally luck with the weather! Like that
- The way, BE tried to Balance the Teams; If you want to work with amounts of tickets for each side, dont make them too low in the beginning and then tell Player to book on other side and ask for switching... Was very confusing and not really helpfull
- Setting up new rules is ok! But not so short before the game!! And im not talking about some ingame rules, but about the rules, which require some Action of the Players (f.e. HPA Regulator)
- Chroning was awful and took much too Long
- there were "rules" about to bring weird stuff to the check-in and chrono Station, such as our eye-protection, BB-examples, the deathrag and so on... the only communication was a Piece of paper, hanging at the chrono-station... and some of us went back to base, to get the stuff, but nobody cared about that...
- You said, you will provide an amount of HPA Regulators, for those who cant bring an own... good move.. But 27 euros for this Piece of plasticshit? I could have brougth an orange Piece of plastic too and then fix it to my HPA, no Problem... but you Charge a whole bunch of Money, for a Piece of plastic which broke (in my case) before the gamestart. I fixed it with ductape and hoped, nobody would check it, because some of your crewmembers were a bit overreacting about small things this year (mostly did a good Job, but dont take small things too serious, its a game and we all want to have fun)
- If there are any specific rules for a base (for example marked territory, where we can walk around, but are not allowed to take Wood from ) inform the Players, by placing These informations somewhere (tape it to the BE-Tents or whatever) We first thought, that those are minefields.
- improve your Kiosk-items, time for a good grill. It is crazy, how Long it took to get a burger, even if there were not that many guys waiting. And please, accept coins and Money you use to Hand to us (if you dont want to use coins, make Prices, which do not require coins) About the notes, if you Hand them to us, please accept them back!
Lets move to the ingame-thing:
- Information about the things, Happening during game. For some Players, its a Need to see, whats going on in field. Like somebody just told before, use a flipchart to tell the Players, what happened OR at least, summond it at the Beerparty. It will take 5 Minutes and we all have an idea, how the game went and who "won". For some its important, and some Players will wait for the funny stories (like me) which are more important for them.
- roadsystem: I liked tha fact, that in the beginning, most roads were closed. but we should have had a Chance to clear them, because i think for mechs, this sucked... there werent that much roads available and they just could drive from base to town to other base...
- Spawning: it should be in the rules, how it will be possible to spawn at the CPs (how much you have to control) because on our map, it wasnt clear, which CPs are in the same area... And there should be a way, to inform Players at the CP, if they can spawn or not.
- I think, the 2 hours, UPIR could send some troops into field, before our gamestart, were too much. Its ok, that they can send some earlier, but not that Long. And they should not be able to send troops just infront of the enemys base.
- last day: why has there to be the "big fight" just at the town? why not in another area, which will be easier and will bring more Action at the last day? At the last day, most Players want to have a big fight, and not sitting behind houses, pinned down by a few mgs.
- some of the red Players, shitting in the woods, near their base. I havent seen such a Thing at the blue base but if it happened also, but JUST DONT DO IT!
- Alcohol consume... I dont mind, if some guys drink one or two beers after a hard day of airsoft (even if its against the rules) but some guys were drunk like hell (puked, couldnt even walk)... this is not cool!!
I think the Organisation of our commanders (NAF) was good this year and I have not seen a case, where they gave away "cool missions" to their friends and left crap to the others. We had some missions (usuall stuff, like take this CP, take another CP, defend CP xy) and we had kind of bad luck. We almost had never contact with the reds. Or when there was contact (when we were on basedefence) it was always on the opposite side of the place we were
But it wasnt a Problem for us, we did our Job and in our "free time" we went out to look for contact. I cant understand, how Players can complain about their gameplay... Berget is, what you make it. If you dont like the way, the commander works, try to talk to the HQ offgame. If this does not work, just set up your own Thing, or work together with another Company/platoon.
To the civilians: As I said, good Job! But keep in mind, that there are some Players, who are not into LARPing, OR who are not used to LARP but try their best. Try to help the guys, who try to LARP their first time, instead of do your cool hardcoreLARP and scare them away
(did not happend that often, but i saw it sometimes)
To the baseatacks: I like them. Keep in mind, Berget isnt a Milsim-Event and there are a lot of Players, just looking for Airsoft-action. These attacks are a good way, to get easy Action and i think at Berget, there will always be Players who wont follow the Story and just have fun! But please, DO NOT, NEVER, EVER, go into tents to wake sleeping guys up and "kill" them... Let those tired guys sleep!! In a big basefight (like BE 12, the Borderpatrol) where during the Day all Players are up, no Problem to "search" tents... But in a big Base like this year, there are always guys resting. If you want to do cool stuff, go inside without a weapon (or just safe it) and place some Cards on the sleeping Players with text like "you have been killed during sleep" of something. Be creative, no Need to take those guys sleep!
Beerparty: Like mentioned before, give a small resume at the End, just for Players who want to know the whole Story and what happened.
To get to an end:
Berget: Information, Information, Information (and dont mess up the booking System). The rest was (most times) good!!
Players: Dont bitch around, do your best and make your game!!
HQ: Continue your good work!
To all: Does somebody have filmed the funny Storys at the beerparty? I messed it up from the beginning to the pizza-Story.
Echo1 Patrick, over and out