General Feedback

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 15
Panzergraf
Major
Major

Re: BE 15 feedbacks

Post by Panzergraf » 22 Oct 2017, 23:25

Panzergraf wrote: - The team uniform rules made no sense, with different camo patterns assigned to different teams seemingly with no rhyme or reason. Made ID'ing targets almost impossible without seeing armbands.
Quoting myself here, and it's sad to see that this is the case for Berget 2018 as well.
Rythm said it well; :wank:
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

BigDane
Corporal
Corporal

Re: General Feedback

Post by BigDane » 23 Oct 2017, 08:12

Sadly, yes :( Would be much better, if there were only 1 camo for each side OR like Red with only SOLID colors and Blue with camos..
S.R.A.P.E

Archangel-17
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Archangel-17 » 23 Oct 2017, 09:36

BigDane wrote:Sadly, yes :( Would be much better, if there were only 1 camo for each side OR like Red with only SOLID colors and Blue with camos..
Why not green(ish) colours/patterns vs. desert/tan/multicam? Dark vs. light.

Because yes, camo rules are a mess.
B11-B17

BigDane
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BigDane » 23 Oct 2017, 09:54

Archangel-17 wrote:
BigDane wrote:Sadly, yes :( Would be much better, if there were only 1 camo for each side OR like Red with only SOLID colors and Blue with camos..
Why not green(ish) colours/patterns vs. desert/tan/multicam? Dark vs. light.

Because yes, camo rules are a mess.
Why not! I dont see any purpose using armbands then.
S.R.A.P.E

Archangel-17
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Archangel-17 » 23 Oct 2017, 10:12

BigDane wrote:Why not! I dont see any purpose using armbands then.
Imagine the added immersion without those bloody armbands.
B11-B17

BigDane
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BigDane » 23 Oct 2017, 12:33

Archangel-17 wrote:
BigDane wrote:Why not! I dont see any purpose using armbands then.
Imagine the added immersion without those bloody armbands.
Boner.
S.R.A.P.E

Verage
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Verage » 23 Oct 2017, 14:30

Rythm wrote:...
Damn, that sucked!

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Re: BE 15 feedbacks

Post by Arradin » 23 Oct 2017, 15:03

Panzergraf wrote:
Panzergraf wrote: - The team uniform rules made no sense, with different camo patterns assigned to different teams seemingly with no rhyme or reason. Made ID'ing targets almost impossible without seeing armbands.
Quoting myself here, and it's sad to see that this is the case for Berget 2018 as well.
Rythm said it well; :wank:
I sent the concerns about camo forward, But i strongly suggest you make a thread with this suggestion in the B16 Forum, so discussions can be held there about the next game and the possibility to adjust the camos! :)
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

JCastor
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by JCastor » 25 Oct 2017, 11:34

I agree that it would be nice to have a rework on the Camo rules but I a lot of people chooses side based on the Camo they want to play in and the last two Berget has been the most balanced ones I've been to.

Skickat från min E6553 via Tapatalk
B10 - Poldavian 5th Inf. - 2:nd Squad-leader
B11 - Ravens Inf. - Squad-leader
B12 - Ravens Inf. - Pl-leader
B13 - Ikaros inf. - Pl-leader
B14 - UPIR Inf. - Pl-leader
B15 - UPIR Heavy Weapons and Demolitions
B16 - Absent 😔
B17 - GFM inf.
B18 - GFM inf. - Pl-leader

Corleone
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Corleone » 31 Oct 2017, 04:03

Berget has been a very important arena for me through more than 7 years for great personal growth while dealing with angst and depression! I've learned many important lessons, simply by showing up, being social and making the best out of whatever came at us. I know I've been incredibly lucky with who I ended up with and also what situations I've ended up in. I could never ask for a better airsoft game than B11 through B14!
The past two years it's been terribly challenging simply to get our relatively small group of baby seals into the same faction. It seems like BE has passivley undermined any attempts to play together even as a small group, counting well below 20 players. This is also the most mentioned problem from the past years, and as a result we've seen teams more split than ever at B15. Many, many people were tuning out simply choosing not to even book tickets when they were locked out of their group's faction. As a result B15 saw a seriously diminished red faction. Actually so much that the Merc-faction was held back immensely from the originally presented plans, and without a pre-game warning I might add. And now you mock us by presenting a re-hash of the B15-plans for the Mercs-faction, at B16?! Your actions disgust me!

One of our guys, who would normally attend the same faction alongside us, had joined the Reds ONLY so he would be allowed to use the AT-4 BAVS-system. This was down to the restriction you put on our faction, that didn't end up mattering since we were actually just a support-wheel for the UPIR faction anyways. When he arrived he was denied his AT-4 multiple times both Tuesday and Wednesday, even though the BAVS was sitting right behind the person he was talking to. When coming back the last time at Wednesday, BE had rented his pre-booked BAVS to some other random player without checking if he had the correct player ID. Is this how you believe paying customers should be treated? How can you continue to raise your ticket prices annually when such gross incompetence has saturated your organization? I will NOT be going for that 10 year-streak I started planning a few years back. This greatly saddens me, but enough is enough.
B9 Poldavia 3rd Mountaineers - SwissOps
B10 Poldavia 5th Infantry - SwissOps
B11 Ravens Guerilla & Nuke-delivery service
B12 Ravens Infantry - US Baby Seals
B13 Ikaros Infantry - US Baby Seals
B14 UPIR Shadow Seals
B15 Mercs - US Baby Seals
B17 GFM Mech - USBS
B18 yeah...

Archangel-17
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Archangel-17 » 31 Oct 2017, 16:22

Feedback.

Fix civilians. I miss interactions with other folks not fully loaded and camouflaged. It's dying out and I hate that feeling. If I want to shoot I'll just stay local and pop in on skirmishes.

To those (semi) veterans not returning for whatever reasons, thanks for all your past dedication. I for one will miss each and everyone of you, but I understand the motives clearly.

Here's to hoping a wake-up call will ring soon.
B11-B17

Moskus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Moskus » 31 Oct 2017, 17:16

Corleone wrote:Berget has been a very important arena for me through more than 7 years for great personal growth while dealing with angst and depression! I've learned many important lessons, simply by showing up, being social and making the best out of whatever came at us. I know I've been incredibly lucky with who I ended up with and also what situations I've ended up in. I could never ask for a better airsoft game than B11 through B14!
The past two years it's been terribly challenging simply to get our relatively small group of baby seals into the same faction. It seems like BE has passivley undermined any attempts to play together even as a small group, counting well below 20 players. This is also the most mentioned problem from the past years, and as a result we've seen teams more split than ever at B15. Many, many people were tuning out simply choosing not to even book tickets when they were locked out of their group's faction. As a result B15 saw a seriously diminished red faction. Actually so much that the Merc-faction was held back immensely from the originally presented plans, and without a pre-game warning I might add. And now you mock us by presenting a re-hash of the B15-plans for the Mercs-faction, at B16?! Your actions disgust me!

One of our guys, who would normally attend the same faction alongside us, had joined the Reds ONLY so he would be allowed to use the AT-4 BAVS-system. This was down to the restriction you put on our faction, that didn't end up mattering since we were actually just a support-wheel for the UPIR faction anyways. When he arrived he was denied his AT-4 multiple times both Tuesday and Wednesday, even though the BAVS was sitting right behind the person he was talking to. When coming back the last time at Wednesday, BE had rented his pre-booked BAVS to some other random player without checking if he had the correct player ID. Is this how you believe paying customers should be treated? How can you continue to raise your ticket prices annually when such gross incompetence has saturated your organization? I will NOT be going for that 10 year-streak I started planning a few years back. This greatly saddens me, but enough is enough.
15 minutes after the check in had opened i was in the Berget shop to get my AT4.
I had booked the AT4 through the Berget web shop, only booked but did not payed for (luckily).
After informing the shop eployees that i wanted to rent the AT4 i had booked i was told that i had to go to my base and get it form my commander at the command tent.
This was kinda wierd as the AT4s were stacked against the shop counter, only a meter from where i was standing.
I could see them, i could smell them, i could almost feel it in my hands... I could hear the "music" of NAF mechanized soldiers running for cover as their armoured vehicles burned.
All my fond memories from last the Berget game came rushing back after seeing the AT4s again.
I decided it would be faster to just go to my base, find the commander and ask him instead of trying to argue with the shopkeeper (oh how i would regret this later on).
After all, they did hand out AT4s from the command tent at Berget 14 so maybe this was the case?
No. That was not the case.
After my commander verified my suspicions about the AT4s indeed being rented from the shop i scurried back to the safe zone. I didn't even get to my car before i ran into other players who had gottn their AT4s from the shop.
Now i was butthurt. These players must have arrived at the store to get their AT4s only minutes after me. And they had gotten their AT4!?
Upon arriving at the safe zone (again) i once again asked the shop eployees for my AT4.
But no. They had ran out, they had to program more AT4s and i had to come back tomorrow.
The following day i visited the store on 3 separate ocations (by foot from the red base, no civilian cars allowed in base anymore).
Each time they promised me my AT4 if i only came back later that day.
The third time i visited they informed me that there had been a break in and someone had stolen sevral AT4s during the night.
As Corleone mentioned in the previous post i had choosen to not play with the majority of our original team because their faction did not allow for AT4. So i joined UPIR instead. Now i had neither my team or my AT4.
This would have been the end of it.
It would have been, had i not (due to spending a lot of time in the safe zone) overheard BE crew being mad att the shop employees for renting out AT4s to people who had not oredered or booked them.

At this point im not even mad, in just disappointed in you Berget.
B11 GCT SIDU.
B12 Ravens Guerillas.
B13 IKAROS Minerva.
B14 UPIR Shadows.
B15 UPIR Infantery.
B16 UPIR Anti Tank Infantery.
B17 GFM Infantery

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 31 Oct 2017, 20:37

We completely understand the frustration about the AT-4 issues during B15, we appologize for the people who are dissapointed that they didnt get what they wanted, and we are doing everything we can to make sure that something simular never happens again.

For Berget 16, we are further improving the AT system and creating more AT4's.

The mercenaries do have access to AT-4's for Berget 16.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Corleone
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Corleone » 01 Nov 2017, 02:05

You should most definitely have a working shuttle this year too if players can't park anywhere closer!

I would also suggest you use some kind of social media to make a channel/newsfeed for each faction.This way people who have been out doing dirty work all day, possibly without any contact with HQ/commanders, can check up that feed and read the in-game news about the accomplishments of their own faction. It's incredibly disheartening to feel like you've contributed without it seemingly having any effects. This can be a very good way to make sure everyone knows what's going on and what they've participated in, and will probably be a great morale booster for every player in the game. As a bonus this page can also be used for updated rules for specific factions, like this year when we had constant rule changes added to boost the small merc faction. The blues, came shouting at some mercs (Mimmi amongs others) claiming they were cheating when they were indeed planting and removing mines as prescribed by Arradin the GM. If it's possible to prove beyond any doubt that they are not cheating by simply pulling out their phone, then you've saved everyone a great deal of grief aswell as knowing that everyone has gotten the necessary info updates. This feed should of course be posted with a collaboration between an on-site GM and the HQ.

PS. Personally I think that the rules should be a rigid framework that cannot be changed, and should apply identically to every single faction. Game balance can be added in a great number of other ways.
B9 Poldavia 3rd Mountaineers - SwissOps
B10 Poldavia 5th Infantry - SwissOps
B11 Ravens Guerilla & Nuke-delivery service
B12 Ravens Infantry - US Baby Seals
B13 Ikaros Infantry - US Baby Seals
B14 UPIR Shadow Seals
B15 Mercs - US Baby Seals
B17 GFM Mech - USBS
B18 yeah...