Game balance and rules update 2018

General information and discussion about our upcomming game in 2018.
Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Game balance and rules update 2018

Post by Berget-events » 15 Oct 2017, 18:57

We will soon start to rework some of the rules based on feedback from the community and crew, your feedback is vital for us. Please keep checking this thread for more information of the upcomming rules update.

Note: We will post rule updates in this thread for community feedback, the official rules page on our homepage wont be finalized and updated until May 2018 and may until then not be 100% Correct
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Re: Game balance and rules update 2018

Post by Berget-events » 23 Oct 2017, 21:40

New Rule

ADDED
WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION
Players are not allowed to create, invent or use any kind of prop or made up story involving weapons of mass destruction such as Nuclear Bombs, Chemical Bombs, Viruses or any other type of weapon that directly or indirectly effect large groups of people.
While these kind of weapons might exist in some of the stories of some Berget games, they will then be clearly announced by Berget Events.
Berget-events

info@berget-events.com

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 24 Oct 2017, 14:07

New Rule

ADDED
FRIENDLY FIRE
Berget Games does not have friendly fire, and players are not allowed to purposly act against their own team either directly by shooting or knifekilling player on their own team, or indirectly by giving away information that would cause your team to lose objectives. Example: Giving away the code printed on a SAM Site.
NOTE: You must always take your hits regardless where the shot came from, but as always do not argue - Report to a GM if you feel that a rule has been broken and continue playing as normal.

This rule does not effect Civilians players.
Berget-events

info@berget-events.com

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 24 Oct 2017, 17:22

MINES

Existing Rule

Clarified / Reworded

OLD WORDING:
MINES
Mines may be found in the game area, and you will notice if you set one off. Anyone within three meters of a detonating mine is considered hit, and should react accordingly. Only engineers may disarm mines. There are beeping mines, BB-shooting mines and mines with small pyrotechnic effect. All inflict a "hit" injury.

Anti-vehicle mines may also be found, they must be placed visibly on the road. They have an effect in terms of game mechanics only, and simply block a thoroughfare to vehicles. The mines must be cleared before any vehicle can pass. The engineer must wait 1 minute for each mine to be removed. Vehicles cannot pass until all mines are cleared. Mines are OD-green with a yellow marking in the center. Mines will be provided to engineers pre-game.

While engineers may disarm these mines, they may be booby-trapped if one starts beeping during removal, the engineer is considered hit.

NOTE! All retail gas/spring/bungee/electrical mines and grenades are ok. Home-made stuff must be tested by crew at check in. No burning things are allowed.

Static minefields. There can be a fixed minefields marked on the game-area map. No person or vehicle can cross the marked minefield besides on roads (small tracks are not counted as roads). When crossing the roads, you may not step more than a maximum of 2 meters from the road (All road-crossings will have a yellow line marking next to the road where the minefield starts). If you go any further, you will be considered hit by a mine.

Walking out on the minefield is considered suicide and no medic can heal you if you do so.

However, there is a way to clear passages through the minefield using special engineers. Some engineers will get “mine clearing equipment” pre or during game. This is basically a mine sweeper device and yellow marking band.

To clear a path through the minefield: the engineer needs to move ten meters into the minefield (under the power-line) then mark a path with two yellow bands 1-1,5 meters apart. After this, the engineer will have to wait 2 minutes to walk another ten meters and continue making the path with yellow bands.

When the engineer is on the other side of the minefield two yellow bands must run the whole width of the minefield, showing a clear path through the minefield. When the engineer is on the other side and the path is ready other players can safely pass through it. NOTE! Only the engineer can occupy the path while it is being constructed!

You can fire upon and kill an engineer clearing the minefield, a medic cannot move out on a unfinished mine path to heal the engineer but another engineer can go out and bring the first one back for healing. An unfinished minefield path can be continued by another engineer with a mine sweeping kit.

NOTE! It is only "by Berget chosen engineers" that can remove a path through the mines by using their own engineers, it follows the same steps as opening a path but you do it backwards, remove the yellow band for ten step. wait 2 minutes then remove 10 meters more of band.
NEW:
MINES
There are different types of mines and minefields you can run into during Berget games.

Different Minefields

Static Minefields
Static Minefields are minefields that has been pre-defined by Berget Events, and will be displayed on maps prior to game start. These minefields will be marked on site with Tape ( Usually Yellow/Black ) and signs warning that it is a Minefield. You are not allowed to cross static minefields either on foot or in vehicles, as they consist of both Anti Vehicle and anti-personel mines. Static Minefields cannot be defused/cleared, but special missions may be created to clear a path thru the minefield.
Walking into a static minefield is considered suicide, and you are instantly killed. Crossing a static minefield may be considered cheating.

Dymanic Minefields
Dynamic Minefields are minefields that are placed by players. They are placed by Engineers and can be defused by engineers. The mines are made of wood, are in OD Green color and may be booby trapped. They are visually placed on top of the ground on roads against vehicles. Mines may not be burried, covered or hidden. The main purpose of a Dymanic minefield is not to disable vehicles, but rather to create roadblocks to halt enemy mechanized movements.

Placing Mines / Creating Minefields

Minefields may be created by either sides engineers at any time and any location without needing pre-approval. Placing mines is instant, but only engineers can place them by putting them open and visible on the ground. Mines may not be hidden, burried or covered in any way, and must be visible to drivers.
A road is considered Mined when it is covered by three (3) Mines covering the WIDTH of the road. There may be any number of mines placed to block one road , aslong as atleast 3 mines are placed to cover the width of the road .
Example: You may place mines 3 x 3 x 3 along the lenght of the road aslong as it maintain 3 in width to stretch across the entire road. A road that has less than 3 mines over the width of the road is not considered mined.

Clearing Dynamic Minefields
Engineers may defuse dynamic minefields at any time. This is done by engineers keeping one hand on the mine for 2 minutes. Only one mine per engineer can be cleared at one time ( Cannot have one hand each on two mines ), and only one engineer can work on one mine at a time. ( 2 engineers on one mine will still require 2 minutes ). A minefield is not cleared and cannot be crossed until ALL Mines have been cleared. A mined road ( 3 mines over the width ) is NOT considered cleared by only removing one mine.

Booby Trapped Mined
Some mines can/May be trapped. Those mines have an alarm under the mine designed to start beeping or making an alarm sound when you lift them up. When an alarm on a mine go off for any reason, everyone within 3m of the mine is considered HIT and follow normal HIT Rules. A booby trapped mine that goes of does not damage nearby vehicles. An engineer may carry a maximum of 10 mines, and only one of these 10 may be booby trapped, but mines may have "fake booby traps" on them, for example visible wires.

Vehicles hit by mines:
If a vehicle drives over a mined road, Normal hit rules applies. Just as if it was destroyd by BAVs. When a vehicle is eliminated by a mine, ONLY the driver must take a hit (can be healed by medic), the rest of the players inside of the vehicle can chose to be eliminated or leave the "burning" vehicle within 20 seconds. If not, all players inside are considered "eliminated", must raise their wounded flags and return to respawn.
An eliminated vehicle must be moved to the side of the road to allow offgame or crew vehicls to pass, but the road is then considered as BLOCKED until the eliminated vehicle is towed away ( See special Rules ), or is repaired or respawn.
NOTE: It is absolutely prohibited to drive around a minefield or a vehicle disabled my mines. Vehicles must always stay on the road, and may never use the ditch to try to pass around obsticles for safety reasons.

The Mines:

Anti-Vehicle Mine:
The mines are made of wood/playwood. They are 30-50cm wide and maximum 20cm in height, and consist of two layers of wood - One wide circle and one small circle of top of it. They may NOT have any sharp edges and must be easy as safe to drive over by any kind of vehicle. They must be OD GREEN in color.

Anti-Personel Mine:
Mines may be found in the game area, and you will notice if you set one off. Anyone within three meters of a detonating mine is considered hit, and should react accordingly. Only engineers may disarm mines. There are beeping mines, BB-shooting mines and mines with small pyrotechnic effect. All inflict a "hit" injury.

NOTE! All retail gas/spring/bungee/electrical mines and grenades are ok. Home-made stuff must be tested by crew at check in. No burning things are allowed.
Berget-events

info@berget-events.com

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 27 Mar 2018, 13:41

Mines

Clarification

Only Engineers wearing an engineering patch can Place and Remove mines. Anyone can help carrying mines for engineers.
Berget-events

info@berget-events.com

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 23 Apr 2018, 15:48

Main Bases

New

Main Bases are OFF-GAME 03:00-09:00 every night, and the entire last day ( Saturday )

From 03:00 Saturday morning , No aggression may take Place towards any teams main base.
Berget-events

info@berget-events.com

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 10 May 2018, 15:36

TANKS

Old rules regarding tanks outdates, revamped.

OLD:
Real tracked Tanks & Armoured vehicles are driven by trustees or game-masters, you can never drive a tank yourself. Tanks & Armoured vehicles & Crew can only be eliminated with the BAVS 2.0-3.0 system. Heavy tanks like T-72's etc have 5 hit points.

Tanks have FX main gun (works as artillery) and ir for tank vs tank purposes. They are also mounted with an airsoft support weapon in the tower.

No players are allowed to at any time be on top of or climb the tank. Caution should be taken around the tank in general since the drivers have very poor visibility and might not see people around the tank.
NEW:

During Berget Games you can encounter real tracked tanks and armoured vehicles. They will Always have a GM or Trustee in the crew. Tanks and Armoured vehicles can only be eliminated by BAVS 2.0-3.0 system or Mines.

When tanks have to go offroad, turn or reverse, one of the crew needs to make sure that the terrain around it is clear. When encountering a tank, it is every players responsibility to keep a safe distance from tanks. It is absolutely prohibited to sneak up on moving tanks, hide in terrain Close to moving tanks or to climb on tanks.

Tanks have reinforced Active armour, Anti-Tank weapons only have a 33% chance to penetrate the armor and damage the tank. 40mm grenades does Little to no damage to tanks.

Tanks can be equipped with a minesweeper, which can instantly clear 3 lines of mines.
Tanks also have access to high explosive fragmentation grenades. With these grenades, the tanks can shoot against visible infantry up to 100m away. These grenades work like artillery strikes, and have an area of effect where people are injured or killed.
Berget-events

info@berget-events.com