Game Balancing

General information and discussion about our upcomming game in 2018.
Miksu
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Game Balancing

Post by Miksu » 16 Nov 2017, 02:16

NightSinner wrote:Inevitable that this would come but;

895 UPIR <- fixed the amount for ya
762 NAF <- fixed the amount for ya
222 Civvies (approx 170 Mercs) <- fixed the amount for ya

A difference of 200 <- fixed the amount for ya. Be fun to see you balance it this time and considering one can still book tickets to UPIR and no restrictions in place.

Solid job at keeping the game balance again :wank:
Talking about the team balance at this moment is kind of dumb. If we consider how teams look last year it seems in my opinion now much better than year ago. Back then the NAF team was locked and many UPIR players requested team change so it was total mess, now as far as I know both teams are still open? So if they are it most likely means that all big teams that play together are now on the team that they are going to play in next summer.

What comes to merc's they totally needed to go with UPIR last year because their team was a bit out numbered like Arradin said before. Although it doesn't mean that they will go with UPIR this time again.

The biggest difference in team setups to last year so far is the fact that Finland issued camo as well as their old camo has now changed on the opposite side than Multicam's since Multicam is probably one of the most widely used uniform all over the world of airsoft so putting it in same team as camos that almost every finns are now using (M05/m91) would lead to situation that the teams would be even more unbalanced, since there is probably 300+ finns that will join to the team which have M05 camo on their side.
NightSinner wrote: It smells of NAF running around doing their own stuff cause command can’t get their shit together which means no one will have fun.
What comes to commanders as far as I know Wormbyte have been in lead of NAF (Multicam/MTP) team many times in the past, probably because he is coming from the country that uses MTP as their issued uniform. Although I don't know is he coming this year and if he is which side he is joining into. Also there is already one guy I've played with in the past joined to NAF side who did in my opinion great job as Mech commander back then. So don't worry about L4gi and his guys joining UPIR this year. There is more good leaders and commanders than you'll think :wink:

What comes to leading troops on the field there is two kind of leaders in my opinion. Those who put the mission first and those who put the enjoyment of the game first. Have played under both leaders or commanders what ever u want to call them and I need to admit that both leaders have their pros and cons. But since I am not that much about the mission and story line guy I like to play more with leaders that aim to that everyone have fun in there. Although it doesn't mean it could not be highly organized but it should aim to that every part of the whole team will enjoy what they are doing the most of the time. Mission first tactics will need many roles that feel useless but they are all important to succeed as good as possible in given mission, al tho that's something what I don't prefer in case someone feel they are useless in their designated role.
B13 - GCT Mechanized
B14 - NAF Mechanized
B15 - NAF Mechanized

Obi-San
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Obi-San » 16 Nov 2017, 10:08

It is fun to steamroll....
B7 - Orlov Mercs
B8 - Civilian Field Intelligence
B9 - Home Support Team
B10 - Mountaineers Foreign Legion
B11 - SVR Spetsnaz
B12 - Power Ranger
B13 - SADF Paras
B14 - Shadow of the NAF
B15 - NAF infantry. All of it
B16 - UPIR shareholder

Agamendor
Private
Private

Post by Agamendor » 16 Nov 2017, 10:34

Obi-San wrote:It is fun to steamroll....
Not all the time though. Then whats the point of even playing, you need to feel that you are giving your best and are winning to get the "--- SPAM !!! --- yea" feeling. Sure, every once in a while its fun to inihalate your enemies

Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by Arradin » 16 Nov 2017, 11:37

As mentioned Before, balancing is done in more ways than just numbers. It can be AT Equipment, Mines restrictions, OP Orders, Missions etc etc. Everyone get to play the team they want with the people they want, its impossible that its a bad thing :)
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

B11-12: GCT- Sniper XO
B13: Civilian - Doctor
B14-> : Berget Crew

grasulas
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by grasulas » 16 Nov 2017, 13:55

Arradin wrote:As mentioned Before, balancing is done in more ways than just numbers. It can be AT Equipment, Mines restrictions, OP Orders, Missions etc etc. Everyone get to play the team they want with the people they want, its impossible that its a bad thing :)
Arradin with all do respect, this is my 10th Berget, I love the game, I appreciate the work and dedication of those pulling off this super event but just stop with : "we will balance the numbers of AT" , "we will improve and balance how ATs and BAVS work" NO MORE, just leave it how it is .. res, non verba

For the sake of argument can you tell me :

How many ATs over all we had in the last game ? How many NAF had last year ? How about BAVS ?
Why the BAVS can score a hit in a lev 5 vehicle ??? YES this year we manage to score a hit in one of the tanks with the fucking BAVS grenade .

Is not event important to answer, the "veterans" know how the game works, some time you will get steamrolled if you don`t have the stomach for this bad luck ...
B10 3rd Mount -SL- Recon Brigade
B11 GTC HVIU - Commander
B12 GTC Ranger SL - Bravo3
B13 GTC Paras PL - Alpha2
B14 NAF Infantry
B15 NAF Infantry PL - Charlie3

Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by Arradin » 16 Nov 2017, 18:31

grasulas wrote:...
I completely understand your Points, but the veterans should also know that there have been plenty of games where the numbers have been even but a team has still been steamrolled, and there have been games where it hasnt been even in numbers, but the game has been even. Its not about " luck " , and its absolutely not only about numbers.

Thinking back at last year, the mechanized was heavily in favour of one team. That wont be the case this year, Mech sides are extremely even, and the Tanks will switch between teams.

All in all, i am absolutely positive that we have all the Tools to have a fantastic even game with alot of Amazing players!
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

B11-12: GCT- Sniper XO
B13: Civilian - Doctor
B14-> : Berget Crew

NightSinner
Corporal
Corporal

Post by NightSinner » 17 Nov 2017, 17:18

Miksu wrote:
NightSinner wrote:Inevitable that this would come but;

895 UPIR <- fixed the amount for ya
762 NAF <- fixed the amount for ya
222 Civvies (approx 170 Mercs) <- fixed the amount for ya

A difference of 200 <- fixed the amount for ya. Be fun to see you balance it this time and considering one can still book tickets to UPIR and no restrictions in place.

Solid job at keeping the game balance again :wank:
Talking about the team balance at this moment is kind of dumb. If we consider how teams look last year it seems in my opinion now much better than year ago. Back then the NAF team was locked and many UPIR players requested team change so it was total mess, now as far as I know both teams are still open? So if they are it most likely means that all big teams that play together are now on the team that they are going to play in next summer.

What comes to merc's they totally needed to go with UPIR last year because their team was a bit out numbered like Arradin said before. Although it doesn't mean that they will go with UPIR this time again.

The biggest difference in team setups to last year so far is the fact that Finland issued camo as well as their old camo has now changed on the opposite side than Multicam's since Multicam is probably one of the most widely used uniform all over the world of airsoft so putting it in same team as camos that almost every finns are now using (M05/m91) would lead to situation that the teams would be even more unbalanced, since there is probably 300+ finns that will join to the team which have M05 camo on their side.
NightSinner wrote: It smells of NAF running around doing their own stuff cause command can’t get their shit together which means no one will have fun.
What comes to commanders as far as I know Wormbyte have been in lead of NAF (Multicam/MTP) team many times in the past, probably because he is coming from the country that uses MTP as their issued uniform. Although I don't know is he coming this year and if he is which side he is joining into. Also there is already one guy I've played with in the past joined to NAF side who did in my opinion great job as Mech commander back then. So don't worry about L4gi and his guys joining UPIR this year. There is more good leaders and commanders than you'll think :wink:

What comes to leading troops on the field there is two kind of leaders in my opinion. Those who put the mission first and those who put the enjoyment of the game first. Have played under both leaders or commanders what ever u want to call them and I need to admit that both leaders have their pros and cons. But since I am not that much about the mission and story line guy I like to play more with leaders that aim to that everyone have fun in there. Although it doesn't mean it could not be highly organized but it should aim to that every part of the whole team will enjoy what they are doing the most of the time. Mission first tactics will need many roles that feel useless but they are all important to succeed as good as possible in given mission, al tho that's something what I don't prefer in case someone feel they are useless in their designated role.
Wait, what? Dunno where you learnt to read but it says 728 NAF quite clearly and now 904 UPIR, so a 178 difference and factoring the Mercs so that makes its a difference of 348. And unless BE categorically says Mercs can't align with UPIR it will happen, and that's by looking as someone else mentioned at a lot of the old allegiances.

And you say dumb, but what are the booking patterns? IF BE sells 1600 tickets the 1st night and the likelihood that they will sell an additional 400 tickets between now and game start are slime to none. Then again I would be happy to hear BE confirm that on basis of their booking pattern analysis the game will balance out.
It's therefore balance needs to be in place BEFORE ticket sales open.

And as Grasulas says balance can also be achieved by other methods, such as allocating props (but this has never happened and again based on previous track record i seriously doubt BE pulling it of before gamestart)

In regards to command, my understanding is that it is unlikely that Wormbyte will attending this BE event which is a shame as leading 900 wannabe soldiers is not easy. Everyone thinks they are hard and want to be hardcore but then when they get anything less than their 12 hours sleep, microwaves and doublebeds they are tired an don't follow orders.

And indeed even numbers does not necessarily mean an even game, but that does not mean BE can foresee how the game will go, unless it's heavily scripted regardless of the outcome of several battles in which case we might as well all go UPIR or NAF as what we do is pointless.

Could be a FUBAR event :wank:
B12 - GCT - 9th Rangers - Echo 3
B13 - GCT - Ranger - Support Officer
B14 - NAF - Ranger - Fox 2 - SL
B15 - NAF - FinBat Recon Wolverine 7 SL
B16 - NAF - Ranger
-----------------
Rangers Lead The Way

Agamendor
Private
Private

Post by Agamendor » 18 Nov 2017, 09:29

I just love your attitude, just ignore the respons and keep painting red on the wall. I cant wait to be able to shoot you :lol:
May I ask, why?
Why are you so sure that Mercs would join UPIR? Old friendships? I really dont think that is even close to true. If you got friends, you choose the same team, not another team.

Game balance is sooo much more then raw numbers, you seem not to realise this. If you have 1000 vs 1000 but one of the 1000 have the highground, they have more 50 vehicles in their army, do you still think it will be even?
What if the mission is to capture a point, one of the teams gets the information 1 hour before the other team, still an even fight?
Sure, I could agree with you if the numbers was vastly different, i.e 100 vs 900 or 1800 vs 200 but thats not how it is.

I will be playing for mercs and I cant say that I am that interested in a onesided fight. I prefer when its even and fun.

You can never get it right and perfect, and sure there will be events that there will be steamrolling but for what I have seen in respons from Berget, they know the problems and are working on it and seems like they got some rough ideas on how to improve the situation.
But they are counting on the people attending, if everyone is pesemistic like you ofcourse it will be hard to implement changes and events so I advise you to look a bit more optimistik or at least open.

grasulas
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by grasulas » 18 Nov 2017, 19:03

Agamendor friendly advice if you really want to have a great time playing airsoft remember that we don`t "shoot" the "enemy" because we don`t like him, or to make a statement, is all about the hunt not the kill.
B10 3rd Mount -SL- Recon Brigade
B11 GTC HVIU - Commander
B12 GTC Ranger SL - Bravo3
B13 GTC Paras PL - Alpha2
B14 NAF Infantry
B15 NAF Infantry PL - Charlie3

Archangel-17
Private
Private

Post by Archangel-17 » 18 Nov 2017, 20:35

Rules of Engagement.

Should be consistent, across all players. Because without ROE, than what is Berget? Surely nothing more than a 3 day 'sunday' skirmish right back at home...

(Mercenaries can do as they see fit :wink:)

Regarding the balancing, I think it'll be alright. I have a feeling BE took some time acknowledging some problems and they will hopefully be addressed now. I don't mind being steamrolled from time to time, as I expect opposing players to not mind being steamrolled from time to time too.
B11-B16

Obi-San
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Obi-San » 19 Nov 2017, 01:08

What if the mission is to capture a point, one of the teams gets the information 1 hour before the other team, still an even fight?
There is a little different mission situations on BE.
But i must say - if weather is rainy, all those brave men in beautiful clothes just dissapear. Talking about balance
B7 - Orlov Mercs
B9 - Home Support Team
B11 - SVR Spetsnaz
B12 - Power Ranger
B13 - SADF Paras
B14 - Shadow of the NAF
B16 - UPIR shareholder

Agamendor
Private
Private

Post by Agamendor » 19 Nov 2017, 14:48

I know xD It was ment as a joke :)

Miksu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Miksu » 20 Nov 2017, 16:07

Obi-San wrote:
There is a little different mission situations on BE.
But i must say - if weather is rainy, all those brave men in beautiful clothes just dissapear. Talking about balance
Rainy days don't count on team balance, it is totally different scenario if its raining like hell all day long. Then there is left only those who have learned to like raining and being wet all the time.

Also there was some post about the balance in bavs and AT weapons. This is my fourth berget coming up and I have never understand how those weapons will be balanced between the teams and inside the teams. It kind of sucks they will be limited to certain number per each team and one squad can buy all of them in case they have enough money and be fast (or at least that's how I think its been). I hope they would be limited at the start for x amounts per team / platoon / squad and in case some platoon does not buy their all bavs they could be in sale for other platoons later on. Since its nice to be a mech but its not nice to be mech without any AT weapon in your squad. I understand that every squad cannot have their own AT weapon (bavs or AT) but I don't think its good either that someone have five of them in his grenade launcher (have seen one in action at the past).
Last edited by Miksu on 22 Nov 2017, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.
B13 - GCT Mechanized
B14 - NAF Mechanized
B15 - NAF Mechanized

Obi-San
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Obi-San » 20 Nov 2017, 16:38

BAVS “thingie” is a strange indeed
Some COYS dont get any, while some have A LOT by some “unknown” reason
B7 - Orlov Mercs
B9 - Home Support Team
B11 - SVR Spetsnaz
B12 - Power Ranger
B13 - SADF Paras
B14 - Shadow of the NAF
B16 - UPIR shareholder

pjdsousa
Newbee
Newbee

Post by pjdsousa » 16 Mar 2018, 19:41

I asked for swap teams from Merc to NAF inf and still waiting for the reply.