9%
1 - Terrible
3%

Total votes: 79

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 30 Jun 2018, 18:30

Let us know What you think about your base this year!
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

V-22
Newbee
Newbee

Re: Feedback: Bases

Post by V-22 » 02 Jul 2018, 11:07

1.Water was getting into the tent because the bottom wasnt set correctly. I had a fieldbed, but a few players got alot of clothes and gear wet. We fixed the issue and learned to check next time.

2.NAF base tent space(I did not have this problem since i arrived early)

A few players that arrived later on the tuesday or early wednesday had some issues with getting a sleeping spot. This seemed to be because of a few things.
- Players taking too much storage space around their field bed or mattress.
- Players keeping their rented storage boxes inside their tents(Should be rules for this).
- Companies were not assigned tents based on number of players apparently.

This led to some tents only getting 20 players while others wich used their space better had to push in 29. I even saw one tent where all the players had field beds and good space between each bed. When using beds, 2 of them can be side to side and store bags underneath. There is no need to have Space between each bed for the 2 players to store their stuff.

I rented a box from Berget that i kept outside the door of the tent for the stuff i needed quick access to. The box also allowed people to use it as a chair and sit outside.

I know the rules said something about personal tents had to have space for 12+, but without the 2-5 person tents there wouldnt have been enough space. Either write down solid rules that will be enforced or allow all kinds of tents.

As for Assigned tents to the Companies :
The moment i reached the camp around 12:00 on Tuesday i checked the tent roster. The roster on HQ didnt match the one posted to us.
Our Company only had 2 assigned tents and ours were close to the largest with the most players. On the other side we had our smallest Company with more tents than us, ended up taking one from them.
Some Companies had so many tents they made a Company HQ with tables and stuff in it, thats taking wasting sleeping space to a whole new level.
Last edited by V-22 on 02 Jul 2018, 14:11, edited 3 times in total.
B16 - NAF Foxtrot Company Infantry
B17 - TFC Alfa Company Infantry

fractured
Corporal
Corporal

Post by fractured » 02 Jul 2018, 12:34

My only complaint is the amount of sleeping places in Berget tents. Arrived on wednesday, and could find a single spot available, luckily we brought a tent for outlet bags, so we could sleep in that. I know a bunch of people in UPIR who were supposed to sleep in Berget tents that had to look for other solutions.
B6 UN, B7 SRP, B8 NAF, B11 GCT SIDU, B12 BoPo, B13 GCT 1:st inf, B14 NAF Inf, B16 UPIR inf, B17 GFM inf, B18 GFM inf, B19 Repa inf,

Dutch (Holland)
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Dutch (Holland) » 02 Jul 2018, 13:51

As this was my first berget. I traveled alone and found it very difficult to find my place in the NAF base. Before the game your suposed to select a team id. But myself and a few other players didnt have teams and it wasnt clear where I was staying or what company I was apart of. Even with the usergroup form system.

It would be nice to have a selector for traveling alone to make assigning to a random accepting team easyier.

In the end one of the COs just assigned me a company and I was lucky to find a place with a teams personal tent

arvhult
Newbee
Newbee

Post by arvhult » 02 Jul 2018, 14:22

As usual problems with tent space :( one of our guys in UPIR Bravo had to sleep outside the tent, fortunately he had a tarp to build shelter. An easy improvement would be if you made an exact map of place allocation to post on the outside of the tent so everyone has a space assigned and you don't have to fight with comrades to move their things away, and everyone HAS to keep to their assigned area. I understand it is not a trivial job to plan tent housing for so many groups. A topological map with all sleeping spots marked out saying e.g. "team Delta Force - 15 spots, Team Commando - 5 spots" would easily improve collaboration and fairness in fitting everyone inside.

and now that we pay for the arrangement of sleeping spots I feel sad for the guy who didn't fit inside... You might want to consider banning camping beds inside Berget tents to make it easier to fit the allocated number of soldiers.

It it is easy for a small team to think they have the right to a whole tent to themselves, so there were some groups that really gave themselves a lot of space. For me the most important mission at Berget is always to take as little space as possible, I kept most of my gear outside overnight if not by my feet or behind my head.

my guys have decided to bring our own tents from now on to circumvent these issues.
B11 - UA17, tag Urban
B12 - Al Kazzar, tag Wahad

surface
Private
Private

Post by surface » 02 Jul 2018, 16:03

A general rule of thumb with berget tent should be that if you have it classified for 30 people (military specs). could away 20% because people normally run tentbeds and need more space because people dont pack as neet as the military people do.

So yeah, the amount already raisedof Berget tents was to few in UPIR base.

ArcticWarfighter
Private
Private

Post by ArcticWarfighter » 02 Jul 2018, 22:22

As one of the few guys not actually coming with a military bed, we had some of the same issues most other guys had.
Some companies had only a few guys in their tents while ours was filled to the ripe number of 29 laying more or less on top of each other.
That's fine and all, but the main problem we had was that some, at least a couple that I heard of, tents in NAF base was constructed wrong.
One would think it was simple, but leaving at least a good couple of tents with the ground cover going straight out making it a great way to fill the edges of the tent with water inside.

Coming back to base after a heavy downfall to find all your gear halfway under water was not exactly super cool when that's the one place you expect to have your warm and dry clothing.
Giving one of the largest companies on NAF the fewest tents also seemed like a great idea. :?
B16 - NAF Infantry - Foxtrot 2.2 Team Leader
B17 - TFC Rangers

Miksu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Miksu » 02 Jul 2018, 23:18

Fire ban also extend to private tent stoves with spark shield on top of the chimney was something that will cause problems especially when it have rained very hard 5 hours in a row and you took all that rain right in at the field and get back to base and thought you will get all our stuff dried out in your tent you paid for to get the stove as well. Then some GM rush in and make us to extinguish the stove with 3 liters of water because its fire ban is still on even it have rained last five hours like hell. I asked one of the crew members if its okay to move our tent over the designated fireplace (yellow painted circle in the base) he said that it is okay then use the stove or make a live fire inside the tent (if its on top of the designated fireplace area). I understand that not everyone have possibility to light up stoves in tents (for example berger tents) and you should survive without the drying capability but it should be mentioned VERY CLEARLY that ALL FIRE IS PROHIBITED, even the tent stoves when the fire ban is on and some hard five hour raining do not end the fire ban. So when we plan what to pack in we can take that in count we probably are not able to use the stove at all. Like my self I decided to took summer time sleeping bag (very light) since we had a stove that can bring the heat in the tent at the cold nights. Then they took out the stove possibility from us and I was freezing to death in our tent with all wet clothing that I needed to use next morning.

Bases should have a BE crew member to sort things out when ppl start arriving to their bases. Like this year I was one of the first guys at the base and was trying to figure out a little bit the finbat tent layout and then some players keep coming to me asking which berget tent they should go in and I just told them to go what ever they want to since I have no idea how those things are managed. Hopefully they find the right tent to sleep in at the first try.

I also find the Tutankhamon's grave when digging the water line around our tent. I hit the ground hard with my shovel and one point it fly right thru it inside some man size cave that was deep as hell and I was like holyshieeet that must be a Tutankhamon's grave for sure :mrgreen: Afterward it seems there have been some kind of building once and the empty space was probably some sort of cellar or something since there were concrete pillars going here and there under the ground.
B13 - GCT Mechanized
B14 - NAF Mechanized
B15 - NAF Mechanized
B16 - UPIR Recon

Cameron-115
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Cameron-115 » 03 Jul 2018, 19:41

Like most people are saying there is an issue with the number of berget tents. This year Charlie company from UPIR was supposed to have 130 players and we were initially given 3 tents luckily a lot of players were moved or didn't turn up so we had just enough space. it would be great if berget would offer camping cot beds that you could rent as its not possible for a lot of players flying to the event to bring one due to their size and it would save a lot of space in tents as guys could store there kit under them.

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 03 Jul 2018, 21:29

Cameron-115 wrote:
03 Jul 2018, 19:41
Like most people are saying there is an issue with the number of berget tents. This year Charlie company from UPIR was supposed to have 130 players and we were initially given 3 tents luckily a lot of players were moved or didn't turn up so we had just enough space. it would be great if berget would offer camping cot beds that you could rent as its not possible for a lot of players flying to the event to bring one due to their size and it would save a lot of space in tents as guys could store there kit under them.
We *KNOW* There are enough beds for everyone, because we take the number of people booked divided by the number of people a tent can hold, and then we add another 10-20%. Give to that that around 10% of people never turnup , or sleep elsewhere, it is plenty of space.

There are two problems:

1) People take up too much space in the tents
2) Tents are allocated per company/platoons, but rarely shared.

I personally looked into most tents duing security rounds etc, and several tents were less than half full.

BUT with that said, it is obviously an issue as it keeps happening each year.
The issue, however, is not the number of telts. Its the organization from our side, and we will try to improve this.
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 03 Jul 2018, 21:31

You should be able to fit close to 30 people in one of those tents, the tent beds actually make it easier to fit guys in. Nice n close boys, atleast its warm. :D
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

Helvetica
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Helvetica » 03 Jul 2018, 21:54

We checked in at 09:20 and then went up to NAF Base. Since nobody of the HQ was around, we just choose a tent and set up our camp with tarp etc just behind it. I even contacted my Company leader and asked him, how many Players we are in my platoon. Since we were about 25 Players, i marked the Tent with our Platoonsign.

I tried to find someone of HQ until 15:00, still nobody around, so we went tho the City do shop the stuff we needed. When we came back around 18:00, finally HQ arrived and they brought their plan for the tents. unfortunately, we had picket the wrong tent for our platoon, but instead of just Change 2 things at their plan, they just ripped down the marking and placed a list infront of the tent, who was to go to sleep inthere. I went to HQ and told them, that we will refuse to move, since we habe set up our whole camp on the backside of the tent, which included a Tarp, some trenches, Storages for our weapons etc. And since there was one big Group placed in that tent and 6 additional Players, we asked the HQ to move those 6 People, which had not arrived. they told us, we could stay and we will work this out during wednesday... I dont want to write all the disussions in here, but some guys arrived 2 hours before gamestart, we were told, that we were kicked out of the tent and had to pack our stuff. We refused, because we had seen plenty of tents with free space... i took my hammock and put it up outside, so there was one more place in the tent. In the End, some of the big Group in our tent also managed another sleepspace and we managed it, to stay in this fullpacked tent.

I talked to HQ about it, because i think its just a NO-GO, nobody of the HQ is aorund at check-in Time... they told me, they have sent the camp-plan to berget and asked, to hang it out, so Players could see, which tents they were planned...

And to talk about 30 People / Tent and camping-beds:

Forget about 30 People, since the tents are put up, without checking the ground under them seriousley. We had a couple of stags under the tent, at least 30cm high. nobody could ever sleep there without a Camping bed. And i have checked many tents this year, the camping-beds were VERY usefull, since they took less place than a Player on the ground with all his bags placed at the head or the feet.
B12 - GCT Border Police, Swiss-OPs
B13 - GCT Infantry, 3rd Platoon, Swiss-OPs
B14 - NAF Infantry, Echo 1, Swiss-OPs
B15 - UPIR Heavy Weapons and Demolition Unit, Swiss-OPs
B16 - NAF Infantry, Alpha-03, Swiss-OPs, Platoonleader
B17 - 110:th Special Investigation Unit, ACE MP
B18 - Cult Member

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 03 Jul 2018, 23:48

Everything was fine, except for one thing being so bad I have to rate the whole thing TERRIBLE.

Tuesday evening, on the way up to the game and still a few hours away, we get a message from a team mate already on site.
"All the Berget tents are full"
Wait, what? But we booked tent space with our tickets. That can't be right?
No, turned out they were full. No space anywhere.
Our friend messages us again:
"So, uh, BE says we'll just have to ask people to let us sleep in their private tents."
That one almost had me fuming! We shouldn't have to barge into other people's PRIVATELY OWNED tents!

Berget Events know well in advance how many are expected to show up, how many have booked tents, which units they're all in, etc. This shouldn't happen.

Luckily our CO had us sorted out by the time we arrived, as the guys from SAR had room for us in their own private tents. Great bunch of guys and we enjoyed their company immensely, so it worked out in the end.
But come on BE, get your shit together.

I'd have given you a 4 or 5 if it hadn't been for this. Toilets, kiosk, and all the other stuff was all fine.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 04 Jul 2018, 14:25

L4gi wrote:
03 Jul 2018, 21:31
You should be able to fit close to 30 people in one of those tents, the tent beds actually make it easier to fit guys in. Nice n close boys, atleast its warm. :D
+1

Some people fail to use the underside of the bed as storage.
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

Gapperjack
Private
Private

Post by Gapperjack » 04 Jul 2018, 17:53

jdoe wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 14:25
L4gi wrote:
03 Jul 2018, 21:31
+1

Some people fail to use the underside of the bed as storage.
We followed the double-bed suggestion elsewhere on these forums (two beds together, then a gap, then another two, etc.) and that worked well, even without beds high enough to stow bags under.

The rest of the UPIR camp was excellent - felt like a military base, and the atmosphere was great with parade drills, vehicle movements and the buzz and secrecy of HQ.
Berget 16 - UPIR PsyOps public relations field team ('Mr Morgan')