First aid and medical training

Topics and things concerning this game.
NIN
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

First aid and medical training

Post by NIN » 20 Feb 2007, 10:52

Since both Spetznas and Allied-SF will sometimes be far away from the main "Berget area" I strongly urge all of you to brush up on your first aid education. You could get this from your local red cross or you could together with your team take a course of first aid to further ensure YOUR safety during "Berget".

You will be tired and will be moving sometimes swiftly in rough and rocky terrain. People will fall and hurt themselves, all of the crew will have basic medical training, and we have a doctor and other medical personel. Still what you do to your friend who is hurt can be the difference between life and death. To be able to stabilise someone until medical personal can arrive to the scene of the accident.

Post below how you plan to maximise our safety during berget. And If we have players who are nurses, doctors or have military education as a medic please list that below in this thread. So we in the Spetznas/SF-crew can get a rough estimate of the medical competence in our respective groups.l.
Churn/HQ Berget 11
Gamemaster Berget 9-10
Head of security Berget 6-8r
GM Spetznas Berget 5
Master SF, Berget 3
Tjetcheny Rebels Berget 2
Project Assistant Berget 1

Hell_Viking
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Hell_Viking » 20 Feb 2007, 20:54

I'm currently serving, and i am certified level2 patrolmedic. I'm working my way up to a level 3 (the highest medic education possible in the army).
I'll be carrying a "live" MEDpack 3. Which contains stash to treat everything from blisters to serious gunshotswounds.

I'll also follow up my teammates continuesly to check stresspoints like; feet, dehydration, heatstroke, nutrition etc.

If anyone has any questions, I'm just a PM away ;)
K638

"Speak trough action"

Hell_Viking
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Hell_Viking » 22 Feb 2007, 01:04

By request from NIN I'll post a suggestion to what medical NOPLAYequipment every group should carry into field. So they have the nessesary equipment for stabilizing the wounded personel until propper help arrives.

4-5 antibact. wipes
4x4 gauze
gauzeballs
eye kit
ace wrap
trauma scissor
2 field dressings
1 Large field dressing
1 roll stretch gauze
Blister tape
Clorhexidin \ pyrisept
paracetamol \ ibux
Gloves
sportstape
plaster
paracord

K638

"Speak trough action"

WhiteAce

Post by WhiteAce » 28 Mar 2007, 14:37

Maybe a stupid quiestion, but can we (all) buy this pouch at B5? Or could this be so arranged??

Tomik99_SVK

Post by Tomik99_SVK » 28 Mar 2007, 22:53

maybe stupid answer: Take a medikit from your car and put it to the green "army" bag and you have field medikit.
It is good solution for you. Also is possibility to buy it in any pharmacy store.

samson
Newbee
Newbee

Post by samson » 08 May 2007, 21:16

I'm a former police-officer and momenterely a security officer and I'm up to date on my first-aid courses. Within my team I will be one of the "off-game" medics, unlike our "in-game" medic.

Samson
SOAT.NL

crimson
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by crimson » 08 May 2007, 21:26

Hi,

I am the ingame medic but have no certificate of first-aid. that is allowed right?

I do have a professional first aid kit including dental kit, blister kit, needles (?), a lot of different bandages
also original dutch army bandages, also for wounds from burnings

Rob
aka crimson
team SOAT
Last edited by crimson on 09 May 2007, 00:14, edited 2 times in total.

NIN
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by NIN » 08 May 2007, 22:23

[quote="crimson"]Hi,

I am the ingame medic but have no certificate of first-aid. that is allowed right?

I do have a professional first aid kit including dental kit, blister kit, needles (?), a lot of different bandages
also original dutch army bandages, also for wounds from burnings

Rob
aka crimson
team soat[/quote]

It is allowed, we do however recommend all players to get a first aid education before attending Berget 5. You will sometimes have to fight in desolate places with poor communication.
Churn/HQ Berget 11
Gamemaster Berget 9-10
Head of security Berget 6-8r
GM Spetznas Berget 5
Master SF, Berget 3
Tjetcheny Rebels Berget 2
Project Assistant Berget 1

RJPVD
Private
Private

Post by RJPVD » 31 May 2007, 14:21

in addition to this.. is it allouwed too have emergency flares with you..?

Finarvas

Post by Finarvas » 31 May 2007, 16:43

Not if you wanna use them ingame, flares are for emergency use only in Sweden...

RJPVD
Private
Private

Post by RJPVD » 31 May 2007, 17:20

That is the global idea.. but indeed.. my intent is for safety only not amusement!

But i thought i might be handy when you get separated or brake a leg or anything in that order..