Airsoft in the US

Topics and things concerning this game.
fallen

Airsoft in the US

Post by fallen » 17 May 2007, 18:58

Hey guys,

I know that this does not really belong here, but I would appreciate some advice ;-)

I am from the Czech Republic and I will be moving to New York or Massachusetts in a year to finish my bachelor's and master's degree.
So I will stay there at least for 4 yours.

I love airsoft and want to keep goin there.
How does it work there?

Here in the Czech Republic, we play in random forests or unoccupied buldings, usually without any permission, because it is not neccessary.
Most of the guys here have base springs or M120 or M130.

Almost no one uses paintball masks etc. I am kinda worried that in the US u guys take airosft more like a paintball and shoots with your high capacity magz shit load of bullet all over the place. My self, I use only low-cap 50 rounds for my MP5. So how is it ? :)

Are there any laws restricting airsoft in some states?

Do u also have games of only 40 people or all of them "mega balls" with hundreds of players?

Thx for some info :D

Mole

Post by Mole » 20 May 2007, 03:11

Hey Fallen

You're going to be in the most perfect place for Airsoft.

The only thing is that airsoft is illegal inside New York City! But outside it's completely legal.

There are many many many fields in the area, including TOLCOM the largest dedicated airsoft field in the US.

In addition, there's several walk-in stores just for Airsoft and gear, including Long Island Airsoft in NY.

It's in Massachuttes- within driving distance from NY or Boston.

stop by www.gmrangers.org and leave a post on our forums. All of our guys will be sure to help you out. also, www.neasg.org - north eastern airsoft group.

Great to hear you'll be joining the good-guys!

fallen

Post by fallen » 20 May 2007, 03:16

Mole wrote:Hey Fallen

You're going to be in the most perfect place for Airsoft.

The only thing is that airsoft is illegal inside New York City! But outside it's completely legal.

There are many many many fields in the area, including TOLCOM the largest dedicated airsoft field in the US.

In addition, there's several walk-in stores just for Airsoft and gear, including Long Island Airsoft in NY.

It's in Massachuttes- within driving distance from NY or Boston.

stop by www.gmrangers.org and leave a post on our forums. All of our guys will be sure to help you out. also, www.neasg.org - north eastern airsoft group.

Great to hear you'll be joining the good-guys!

Thx man. I save these links for later and when it will up-to-date I will definitely get in touch ;-)

BTW. I still haven't decided what school to go.
The easiest for me is SUNY at New Paltz, but I am kinda affraid that this is not an excellent choice for a business school in the US. My other choices are Northeastern University in Boston and UMASS Amherst. Do u have any experience with business universities? If so, please let me know ;-)

Müller

Post by Müller » 20 May 2007, 23:33

not regarding the collages, BUT, the airsoft in the north east is the best, more milsim you can't get without operations like Irene, etc...

I advise you to become a member at www.tolcom.org/forums right ahead...

I lived in Connecticut for about 2.5 years and the airsoft was awesome, you'll play with a GREAT "bunch" (more like horde ;)) of players, and milsim is the most serious way of airsoft there... stay honorable in game and don't try to be a smartass (believe me on this, I've tried the latter) and you'll go far...

and oh, whichever f the colalges you decide on you'll be in drive range to some awesome airsoft... (There's a smaller, but very nice field in amherst for example...)

Kurtz

Post by Kurtz » 21 May 2007, 00:03

Echoing what Muller and my team mate Mole said, the New England area has one of the best airsoft scenes in the country and mil-sim is the only way we go. The words paintball or paintball style airsoft are unoficially banned from even being spoken. Lol. We have games that have anywhere from 50 to 300 participants and the use of 100 round mags is becoming alot more popular as we try to get away from hi-caps. They'll prob always be at least one kid with a MP5 with a C-mag and a scope, ha...

You'll be in a very airsoft friendly region. Congrats on the move.

Kurtz

fallen

Post by fallen » 21 May 2007, 00:07

man, that just sounds great... can't wait to get there :-)

btw. I saw the video from operation irene, u have on your website. Did u have a blackhawk helicopter there? :shock:

and how much is the camera on a helmet?

Kurtz

Post by Kurtz » 21 May 2007, 06:26

A few Apache's flew over but what you saw was a 'Vanhawk', it was a old van that the Zussman crew frankensteined into a psuedo Blackhawk and they did a pretty good job. Funniest part is it was a running van and drove into the town.
The video camera was a Samsung thats write's to flash memory, here's a link: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/4 ... order.html

Mole

Post by Mole » 07 Jun 2007, 01:21

I live about 20 minutes from New Paltz, By the way... Just so happens.

When you get into town- send me an email.... But I'm sure we'll meet up at Berget 5.

Just look for the Green Mountain Rangers and find me, Mole. We'll talk more about everything.