Berget 5 - Area Maps

Topics and things concerning this game.
Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Berget 5 - Area Maps

Post by Berget-events » 07 Jun 2007, 21:39

NOTE! DUE TO HEAVY LOAD IT CAN BE VERY SLOW. Player with good lines please add mirrors.

Here you have a map over the gamearea. Print a copy and bring it with you to Berget.

RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS:

Map without zones.

http://www.berget-events.com/b5/b5aor.jpg

Map with zones. (Please bring marker pencil, some details can change depending on weather and will be informed at checkin)

http://www.berget-events.com/b5/b5zones.jpg

Please also remember that only "action areas" will be used by Berget participants. You can only use tracks or roads when traveling/walking through other areas.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

LoomChild

Post by LoomChild » 07 Jun 2007, 22:42

No offence, but you don't happen to have actual maps of the area? There area a couple of reasons this would be useful.

1. Making two maps (unless I make a new grid for the B&W one), or even one for a whole squad will eat some ink, and might not be very visible unless I get hold of a good printer.

2. I have to guess where there are roads, trails and such, even when I zoom in. On a printed paper navigating from this would be a pain in the... And for safety (forbidden zones) navigation is important.

So IF you happen to have gotten a map of the are please post it. Size won't realy matter and I'll gladly host it. Format probably won't matter (I'm sure I can get a reader or converter for most formats, as many digital maps doesn't come as .jpg ;).

Oh, and to give something back to you, in advance.

http://www.pecast.se/loomchild/b5/b5aor.jpg
http://www.pecast.se/loomchild/b5/b5zones.jpg

Finarvas

Post by Finarvas » 07 Jun 2007, 23:11

I'd love to see the topographical map in the background of this map
http://www.berget-events.com/b5/images/szmap.jpg

Tomy

Post by Tomy » 08 Jun 2007, 00:07

well, I am kinda very confused and surprised by the "zoning" of the game area and the actual look and layout of the battlefield.

I understand that the RED areas CANNOT be entered. That is perfectly clear.

I understand that the Action Areas are the actual game areas.

But please do explain how the hack am I supposted to react when my platoon is lets say walking from H14 to E17 (from AA1 to AA3) and we meet the enemy walking from AA3 to AA1. How milsimish are we supposed to react?!?! walk on by?!?! engage ?!?! radio my HQ that "hey, a bunch of tangos is strolling down the path to AA3 entering it at H14, please do setup an ambush and kill them all as soon as they enter the AA zone..." (since you stated that we can move only on trials and roads...)

or what if lets say the SF see a platoon or a convoy of ingame combat vehicles riding down a road out of the AA, heading towards an AA, what are players allowed to do and what arent????? can they report it? engage ? (I understand it would be a stupidity to do engage in the middle of the urban areas, like Hultom, but lets say this happens on the road on the north coast leading towards the AA3???) What about concielment? we can have SF guarding and watching the roads and trails between the AAs and we will know of all enemy movement... I can give you tens of examples.

and since the AA are mostly not clearly bounded by roads or trials or creeks and run in the middle of the woods sometimes... how do we know when we are in game or offgame (if we dont use gps or something...)

Berget is to be a milsim, and the zoning of the game areas in my opinion complicates the situation and gameplayvery much.

thanks for the answers and clarifications.

This is a great change from B4 as an example. On B4 it was VERY CLEAR. One huge Game area, all game play and engaging done only in it. and no movement allowed outside.

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 08 Jun 2007, 01:14

This is the fact:

You can engage enemys outside action areas and alongside roads as long there are no civilians nerby. There are several paths and roads that can be used between areas. If engaged using theese tracks you can move into terrain (as long as its not a forbidden-zone) but you have to move back to the track when the battle is over. You cant engage enemys or move into the forbidden zones.

The action areas are the areas that we will plan missions etc on. There wont be a single mission where we will send you to destro for example a bunker on a non-aa area. No ingame props or missions will be placed outside action areas.

Why areas?
On Berget 4 we rented two single areas becourse there where owned by our gouverment. It was simple and cheap.

To be able to launch Berget 5 on Hemsön we have to rent from several private owners. On the map you got, there are atleast 50 different land owners. And there where no chance we could afford to rent all areas to connect to one single game area. We have done the best we could do, with the budget and time we had. I i can tell you all, we have been fighting our asses off to get theese areas we have now.

More info about this will be explained on gamesite at your base gatherings.
Berget-events

info@berget-events.com

Jugge
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Jugge » 08 Jun 2007, 01:25

Finarvas wrote:I'd love to see the topographical map in the background of this map
I, too, would like to see it. Spof, is it possible to get a copy of that one too? :O
also known as Yxeri.
Samo sloga srbina spasava

abacrombie
Newbee
Newbee

Post by abacrombie » 08 Jun 2007, 03:22

the topo map is from www.lantmateriet.se. Not sure how lantmäteriets rules are but I think it would be against their rules to distribute them to 1200 people.

Tomy

Post by Tomy » 08 Jun 2007, 08:37

Spof wrote:This is the fact:

You can engage enemys outside action areas and alongside roads as long there are no civilians nerby. There are several paths and roads that can be used between areas. If engaged using theese tracks you can move into terrain (as long as its not a forbidden-zone) but you have to move back to the track when the battle is over. You cant engage enemys or move into the forbidden zones.

The action areas are the areas that we will plan missions etc on. There wont be a single mission where we will send you to destro for example a bunker on a non-aa area. No ingame props or missions will be placed outside action areas.

Why areas?
On Berget 4 we rented two single areas becourse there where owned by our gouverment. It was simple and cheap.

To be able to launch Berget 5 on Hemsön we have to rent from several private owners. On the map you got, there are atleast 50 different land owners. And there where no chance we could afford to rent all areas to connect to one single game area. We have done the best we could do, with the budget and time we had. I i can tell you all, we have been fighting our asses off to get theese areas we have now.

More info about this will be explained on gamesite at your base gatherings.
Ok Spof, thanks for the answer, so basically using common sense there are possibilities that we will come to a fight moving from one AA to another.

LoomChild

Post by LoomChild » 08 Jun 2007, 08:53

Had a look at their page just now, and I can get a map in CCF, RIK och TIFF (hopefully uncompressed for best quality) from them over the game area. The price was only 150 SEK (perhaps fees added, didn't register, but I don't think so as it's a download).

From what I could gather it's on a ratio of one pixel = 5 meters (for a .tiff). This would be good enough I presume. But what I'd like to know is if anyone has gotten a map from them in this fassion and know how good/bad it is?

Or should I go for a .RIK och .CFF? If so, any good (and possibly free) programs I could use to select an area and print it out/convert to another format?

If I get some time free here at work I will try and call them and get some answers to these questions and also see what I could legaly do with a map I buy. Hopefully I can give it out to everyone here...

EDIT: Just found out that Kartex seems to be a free-to-use program. Going to have a look at it when I get home, but I'd still love to hear if anyone has experience with it. Pros? Cons?

HardCoil
Private
Private

Post by HardCoil » 08 Jun 2007, 11:23

You go LoomChild :) We're very interested to hear what you learn. Don't mind spending 150 for a good map.

whiskey

Post by whiskey » 08 Jun 2007, 13:39

HardCoil wrote:You go LoomChild :) We're very interested to hear what you learn. Don't mind spending 150 for a good map.
and if the map is really good, I'm sure there will be enough people to get you a beer, so the 150 SEK will definitely be a good investment :idea:

Tiger_1

Post by Tiger_1 » 08 Jun 2007, 14:35

I will not be a pessimist here, but from were I am standing, with my knowlege of the avarage airsofter....This is going to be almighti &ock up when you have 1100 people moving around between areas where they can only move on trails and roads, but can fight off them if they fight when moving along the roads as long as there are no civilians in the area. But have to get on again to move when the fight is over. Pluss the added bounus of walking into a no game area.....

Will the no play areas on the map be markt with something, so you know you are crossing out of the gaming area? I am affraid KISS is not the way that map looks ;)

LoomChild

Post by LoomChild » 08 Jun 2007, 16:12

Whiskey, Unfortunately I will most probably be going home on sunday...so no beer (unless you have in cans/bottles and pack my backpack full ;)

Anyways, about maps. Reproductions costs about 500 SEK + map that was 150+25% vat. And that is for a "half screen on 800x600"-map... Så distributing it is a major no-go I'm afraid. But I'm sure it's OK to "repro" for your own squad, so those who wants a map could go buy one for quite an OK price. When I've gotten home and placed an order (and looked at the result) I will say how good it is, just so you all know.

4leon

Post by 4leon » 09 Jun 2007, 15:16

we are coming at tuesday or wednesday maybe, so can u tell as, where is the soviet base ??

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 09 Jun 2007, 16:46

4leon wrote:we are coming at tuesday or wednesday maybe, so can u tell as, where is the soviet base ??

If you arrive on wednesday or earlier, you will get base direction at main safezone. If checkin is closed you may enter your base and checkin as soon as it opens.

Berget-events

info@berget-events.com