Ammo Limits - Clarification

Topics and things concerning this game.
Mike von Bulow

AK MAGS 105 pros and cons

Post by Mike von Bulow » 12 Jan 2007, 13:31

Hi All,

I have a technical Question, for the AK users there is only one option for the Mags and those ar TM Ak47 series mags for seventy rounds. To be honest in CR this mags are quite expensive and no one uses them in the games. Star produces mags for 105 rounds ten of them can be bought for the price of 1.5 TM ones. Is it possible to use them if you gonna fill less bullets in them? Exactly fifteen less bullets. I personaly dont thing it would have some dramatic impact on them. But price ways it wery signifikant. Cyech folks who are planning to cam dont have wery high wages to spend extra 200 euro just for the mags per person I presume.

Crapgame

Post by Crapgame » 12 Jan 2007, 21:50

isnt there a way to lock the STAR mags to 80rounds or something, the same way u can lock MAG magazines? screw them apart and put a number of bbs undet the spring....

Deadmeat

Post by Deadmeat » 21 Jan 2007, 13:42

Regarding Magazine capacity...

The mags that MAG produce are quite easy to modify, there is a plastic screw in the bottom of mag, unscrew it carefully, remove the pin long spring inside, and take out the plastic insert, if you add 70 BB instead of the plastic insert, re-insert the spring, and put the screw back in, then you have a magazine with a capacity of 68 rounds, instead of 90 rounds...

Cheap, quick and easy..

I have never tried this with a STAR magazine, but I think its the same method to use.

/Deadmeat

tyke

Post by tyke » 23 Jan 2007, 17:52

Is a complete MG36 considered a LMG or MG? So i know what my ammo limit will be. This considering there will probably be a shortage of MG´s on the Russian side compared to the allied side.

Kamil
Private
Private

Post by Kamil » 28 Jan 2007, 19:02

Is box/drum mag necessary to qualifie RPK as a full support weapon?

Mercy
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mercy » 29 Jan 2007, 13:52

@ Deadmeat: I don't think that'll work with the STAR mags. They are casted to a single piece of plastic, no screws or anything. You can't take them apart.

NIN
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by NIN » 29 Jan 2007, 13:58

Load the magasines with fewer bullets. If you feel this is hard mark your loading-pipe with tape.

Why build a lunar rocket to go to the bathroom? :wink:
Churn/HQ Berget 11
Gamemaster Berget 9-10
Head of security Berget 6-8r
GM Spetznas Berget 5
Master SF, Berget 3
Tjetcheny Rebels Berget 2
Project Assistant Berget 1

whiskey

Post by whiskey » 29 Jan 2007, 14:07

Kamil wrote:Is box/drum mag necessary to qualifie RPK as a full support weapon?
well, you better them drums, or you'll be stuck with low-caps only, as no hicaps are allowed....

Kamil
Private
Private

Post by Kamil » 29 Jan 2007, 19:31

You know, its not really fun, when you're running with biiig hi-cap and everybody around has only low-caps...

whiskey

Post by whiskey » 29 Jan 2007, 20:37

Kamil wrote:You know, its not really fun, when you're running with biiig hi-cap and everybody around has only low-caps...
That's what makes the difference between an assault rifle and a support weapon. That's why you can only have a drum or boxmag on a machine gun....

breaker
Newbee
Newbee

Post by breaker » 12 Jun 2007, 15:30

hi!!

I truly understand that rules has to be fullfilled and, indeed, I love to play as much real as it is possible.... but for this time I jus have no posibilitys to buy real or mid caps so... what sall people who only own Hi-caps?? I tried to modify them but I haden't enought time, now they are allreadi traveling to Hëmsö... I wil inform about it at cheking.

Thanks and regards!!!

Thinker
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Thinker » 12 Jun 2007, 21:35

Im so impressed with the preparations some has done...
This space intentionally left blank

Punisher

Post by Punisher » 12 Jun 2007, 21:45

+1 thinker.

:lol: