Spec. Gear/Equipment recuirements...

Topics and things concerning this game.
Müller

Post by Müller » 08 Nov 2006, 00:38

Yo punch, of COURSE I will have my face painted, hair cut SHORT, and stay the --- SPAM !!! --- down... (only reason he's saying this is because Im 6'4", or 198cm tall and during "normal", smaller games, I tend to not go all out and stand up too much, becoming a BB magnet...which I WONT do at B5 though)

Its all good 'n' gravy :)

vardemis

Post by vardemis » 08 Nov 2006, 15:50

love is beautiful ....

special gears you say ?

... special forces gears no ? what else ? ah yes special forces gears :)

Mole

Post by Mole » 11 Nov 2006, 04:50

V, I'm really not sure what you just said.

haha!
Everything Punch says, goes.

He's a ninja...seriously

NIN
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by NIN » 14 Jan 2007, 14:31

I have been on every berget event but #4 and my general sentiment is this, SF looks like a pack of bloody mules. Why carry more crap than what you plan to use. An exception to this rule is the famous Dr Crasy scientist stunt on berget 3. Still brings a smile to my face. Moving on.

A good rule of thumb is this, you are only going to be out for three days. If you are going to play SF dont carry more than 1/4 of your own bodyweight. If you play Spetznas you can possibly have a pack that weight 1/3 of your weight, not only because Russians generally are tougher :wink: but due to the fact that they will possibly not be walking as far and have slightly different missions. Its summer, do you need a tent? Do you really need a sleepingbag? And if anyone brings a cammonet i will go berserk. Usually just bring a piece of tarp to shield yourself with if it starts to rain. Most of you guys should be able to use a 30-45l rucksack.

I will come with suggestions of what to bring later, generally you will have more fun if you can be hostile, mobile and agile in contrast to being tired and dehydrated.
Churn/HQ Berget 11
Gamemaster Berget 9-10
Head of security Berget 6-8r
GM Spetznas Berget 5
Master SF, Berget 3
Tjetcheny Rebels Berget 2
Project Assistant Berget 1

Kollen
Private
Private

Post by Kollen » 27 Jan 2007, 21:56

Its summer, do you need a tent? Do you really need a sleepingbag?
hum ure from sweden right? you should know better! summer means rain, cold nights and a reall HELL. at least from time to time :P ill bring a winter uniform, 2 sleepingbags and 5 blankets. that makes me 1/3 of the weight of my gear xD

uhm, back to reality.
u probably wont need a sleepingbag, if youre tough, but the temperature will drop during night, so bring some warm cloths. and some whaterproof stuff to wear over youre uniform. my experience tells me its about 50% risk of rain.

it will be a hard thing for me to select my gear.. 1/3 of my bodyweight = 20 kg.. :shock:
but i will make it =)

whiskey

Post by whiskey » 27 Jan 2007, 22:13

Kollen wrote:
it will be a hard thing for me to select my gear.. 1/3 of my bodyweight = 20 kg.. :shock:
but i will make it =)
c'mon, guys form Alingsas are tough, (maybe not as tough as guys from Ingared, but should be sufficient anyway), you definitely do not need more than 20 kilos on you. Or maybe you should try and gain extra 40 kilos yourself before the event, then the allowance comes up to 33 kilos :P

terror
Newbee
Newbee

Post by terror » 28 Jan 2007, 01:25

hi,

i'm kenneth van geffen and i'm from the team the crazy dutch (dutch special forces)
are there anymore special forces guys with fast attack vehicles?

WhiteAce

Post by WhiteAce » 28 Jan 2007, 09:45

Drink, food and a poncho should do for just 3 days...

2 mainweapons and 2 pistols... and some mags to do the job.

Kollen
Private
Private

Post by Kollen » 28 Jan 2007, 22:12

Or maybe you should try and gain extra 40 kilos yourself before the event, then the allowance comes up to 33 kilos
O_O haha no way in hell i can do that! xD but yes, i am tough as hell!
Drink, food and a poncho should do for just 3 days...
hum maby, but ill bring some warm underwear or something. and _maby_ an extra uniform in case i get wet.

and hum.. someone said something about extra batteries.. damn good thing you said it, otherwise i would have forgotten that! xD

Hell_Viking
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Hell_Viking » 20 Feb 2007, 01:03

NIN. has a good point. Eventhough we're playng MILSIM this doen't mean that we are superhumans. Try to tab an 15-20 miles with a 25-30kg bergen. Those wo hasn't been in the army doen't know what kind of stress this brings to the body and mind. TRY IT, before leaving for berget.

I'll post my summer patrollist, (army issued list). This is a bergenlist and is in addition to your basics.

3 l. water
rations for 24 hours (you basicly don't need more even for 48 h. )
"jerven" - heatblanket\sleepingbag
med.kit
ammo
paracord
wool under and over.
wool hat
wool socks

This is basicly all you need. But as a AS medic i strongly urge the need for someone with RL medic skills in the patrol. In our team we never leav out on longer tabs without my medpack. If someone falls and gets a open bonefracture, or cuts himself in the thigh when cuting down trees for a OP. You need some kit to stop the bleeding and stabilize the patient till propper help arrives.

REMEMBER : NEVER use\or carry any medkit you don't got the skills to use. You might complicate the injury!
K638

"Speak trough action"