Topographical map of the game area

Topics and things concerning this game.
Mikhail_T
Private
Private

Topographical map of the game area

Post by Mikhail_T » 18 Feb 2007, 09:38

Hi guys, our team will like to purchase a topographical map of the game area (1:50000 scale), we tried to find one on the internet but with no luck, can somebody from Sweden help us out? If you can point us to the online store what sells them or to purchase one and send us (all expenses on us of course). I will really appreciate the help.
Mikhail Tsibelman

xxxFENCExxx

Post by xxxFENCExxx » 18 Feb 2007, 10:25

1:10 000 would be even better

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 18 Feb 2007, 10:46

at the last event some maps where made available closer to the time of the event. These included markings of the game area, and significant in-game locales. I am sure someting like this will become available later, and might be worth waiting for.

Attached is the map we used last time (this is a lower res version then the one we had for printing, and is shown only as an example of what we _may_ get from our team organisation (if they have things together as well as it was at b4))

Mikhail_T
Private
Private

Post by Mikhail_T » 18 Feb 2007, 10:52

I sure what organizers will do a great job and provide us with an exact map of the the area when the time is right , but we want to prepare ahead of time , it's not that big of an investment to buy such map after all :).

If somebody can get us map of the island it will be great.

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 18 Feb 2007, 11:05

Sure I can understand that.... I think you might find that info on the game area will be fairly restricted until just before the game itself. The map I showed to you was given to us around a week before the event.

As much as I can understand everyone wanting to be prepared, I think they do this to keep that element of anticipation when you arrive. I do hope that they keep a good flow of info comming our way though, so that we can all be prepared well enough (without destoying any suprises they may have for us)

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 18 Feb 2007, 11:18

Here is a place you can get a topo map in the scale you required.

http://www.omnimap.com/cgi/shop/add.pl?65-3850-017I-NV

This map is the Harnosand area, but since it does not have a preview, I cant tell if it includes the island we will be playing on. And if it does, I cant guess which parts of the island we will be playing in.

Perhaps the "gula kartan" would be even better, but Lantmäteriet has shut down their website for getting this over the weekend. I'll see if they have something on Monday. So don't rush out and buy that first one.... Since i honestly do not think it will serve you any useful purpose.

Mikhail_T
Private
Private

Post by Mikhail_T » 18 Feb 2007, 11:22

Yes you correct we don't know more specific information about exact locations of gaming area and key point. Such information will be provided by organizers then the time is right and I not interesting in getting it ahead of time.

But I don't looking into any specifics. We already know game will be held on the island near Harnosand and in the surrounding areas.
Generic topographical map of this area (island) can be helpful even now.
Last edited by Mikhail_T on 18 Feb 2007, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.

Mikhail_T
Private
Private

Post by Mikhail_T » 18 Feb 2007, 11:26

Thank you. I already found the site you pointed to me I tried them but I didn't received any replay from them, if you can check some local store it will be great I will appreciate it.

Müller

Post by Müller » 18 Feb 2007, 14:01

www.lantmateriet.se

Has all possible maps