Who will come in full Russian gear ?

Topics and things concerning this game.
Pépé Muerte

Who will come in full Russian gear ?

Post by Pépé Muerte » 26 Mar 2007, 21:51

Hi comrades !

My teamates and me (Meshuchi team) will come in full russian equipment ... AEG replica and gear.
We choose to wear VSR/FLORA pattern bdu and 6sh92 chest.
The most accurate in our sense for infantry troops.

But we are only four, not enough to constitute a full squad :(
We expect we'll have the chance to complete a squad in correct russian gear :) (nothing personnal against merc style ...)
Wearing the good uniform is an important part of a milsim game no ?
If you want russians soldiers, we are ready to join your squad and obey to orders :D

Taking more specific gear is an option ... but not adapted to classic infantry.

P.S: You can post images of your Berget equipment in this topic.

Vader [WG-A.I.M.]

Post by Vader [WG-A.I.M.] » 26 Mar 2007, 21:55

We choose to wear VSR/FLORA pattern bdu and 6sh92 chest
We did the same. But boots and weapons were left to players.

Finarvas

Post by Finarvas » 26 Mar 2007, 23:16

Our team's standard outdoor uniform is flora... but we might get something more "spetsnaz" to use at Berget 5. Flora is also a bit hot in the summer I think :)

Brujo

Post by Brujo » 13 Apr 2007, 01:34

At B5, we will be acting paratroopers of the VDV.

Paratrooper berets (light blue, do not use NATO UN berets), camouflage caps or helmets - all is ok to use.
Official camo pattern for VDV is flora.

One thing I really hate with military simulations - is long hair! Cut it down! Do not go spending a fortune on authentic gear just to look like a damn hippie and dishonor the uniform you will be wearing. Hair will eventually grow back, tasteless pictures are forever... :x

For those of you that are looking for cheap authentic gear, you can order it from russian players and have it sent to your house for a decent price. Check the uniform topic inside russian national forum.

mr.mandrake

Post by mr.mandrake » 13 Apr 2007, 08:18

Brujo: So what about an older type of VDV uniform? (check the link below)

:)

Brujo

Post by Brujo » 13 Apr 2007, 08:35

Mandrake, it is fine too. My post was mainly aimed at people who stil have no russian gear and want to buy it.

Those of you who decided to go with mercenery or warsaw-pact look - this is fine by me aswel.

Pavel-Kenigsberg

Post by Pavel-Kenigsberg » 14 Apr 2007, 15:38

Brujo wrote:At B5, we will be acting paratroopers of the VDV.

Paratrooper berets (light blue, do not use NATO UN berets), camouflage caps or helmets - all is ok to use.
Official camo pattern for VDV is flora.

One thing I really hate with military simulations - is long hair! Cut it down! Do not go spending a fortune on authentic gear just to look like a damn hippie and dishonor the uniform you will be wearing. Hair will eventually grow back, tasteless pictures are forever... :x

For those of you that are looking for cheap authentic gear, you can order it from russian players and have it sent to your house for a decent price. Check the uniform topic inside russian national forum.
+1. Super post

Jugge
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Jugge » 15 Apr 2007, 11:29

I am going to go to Berget as a sniper with my SVD and was thinking of buying a Leshy Suit (http://www.redsoldier.com/13025-Russian ... egory=1586.
Will it look too out of place or is it authentic enough to be classed as a russian?

xxxFENCExxx

Post by xxxFENCExxx » 15 Apr 2007, 20:06

Buy it!

skimutis
Private
Private

Post by skimutis » 01 Jun 2007, 16:05

With all due respect. I don't get it, you spend loads of energy and cash to look accurate which is cool, but jesus, get rid of those ponytails and goatbeards. My team will play in flecktarn but atleast we keep our hair short.
is the cammo pattern that important if you look like hippies.

I am absolutly cool with airsoft players with ponytails though! I'm sure you are great people. JUST AN OPINION. NO DISRESPECT

LoomChild

Post by LoomChild » 01 Jun 2007, 16:36

Ok, I've got long hair, so here goes a reply to everyone with short.

1. It takes a friggin' long time to get as long hair as I have, I'd get it out, perhaps until B6...perhaps.
2. I've seen long hair in RL on soldiers, but seldom do I see pot bellied soldiers...so unless you're fit like a soldier, don't complain. Besides, noone seems to ever complain about that even though it's a lot more common in the "forever pictures". *a bit of irony, please don't missunderstand*
3. Make a pigstail, tuck it into whatever headgear you have, noone will notice.

And goatees have been used by real soldiers for quite some time. Just trim it so your gasmask works and it's as "realsteel" as anything else.

Everyone must remember, this is not hardcore reenactment. Sure, I wouldn't enjoy a green jogging outfit with white stripes down the arms/legs and two Mac-10's on a mil-sim. But a small and easily hidable/ignorable thing as hair...come on. If we can all imagine that we are real soldiers with real guns (that go bang-bang-bang and not fyuff-fyuff-fyuff), can't we stretch that just a little bit further?

Anyways, long hair AND flecktarn...let's just duke it out in the field (well, if we all weren't on the same side ;)

Vader [WG-A.I.M.]

Post by Vader [WG-A.I.M.] » 01 Jun 2007, 18:12

I would love everyone playes in Boris company dressed in russian uniform only.

At least.... to looks nice.

counterassasin

Post by counterassasin » 01 Jun 2007, 21:07

If package arrives in time, I'll be using Gorka-E + SPOSN SMERSH. If I don't get it in time, I'll use VSR uniform and 6Sh92 in VSR :wink:

Brujo

Post by Brujo » 01 Jun 2007, 21:15

I don't like the tone of you whiners. If you decide to wear long hair so be it, unfortunately we can't cut it. No need to make a freaking theatre over it and don't attempt to get an OK for it from others. So you will look like a hippie rather than a soldier, no big fuss... your face, enjoy the game.

counterassasin

Post by counterassasin » 01 Jun 2007, 21:34

And to the hair debate:
Hair grows back in time, Berget 5 is only once :wink: No, doubt I'll be going under the cutters before Berget... :P