Berget 16

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.

Moderators: Majk, kjsaw

Berget 16

Postby Drakulic » Fri 07 Jul, 2017 11:05

The overall experience of Berget games is good, but I would like to point out a couple of things that could make future games much better.

- Have a real civilian town like Iron Walls from B11, where you can help civilians thus making them more prone to join either the blue or red side. As it is now the Blues are killing civvies on sight.
Make it into an effort to recruit the civilian population by helping them build things, mine, missions etc. This will affect their standing with either side.

- Fortress. Point 10 at B15 was a constant hot spot and although it was great fun to fight over it was a real hazard. When adrenaline runs high common sense leaves your mind.
Instead of only one fortress, make two or three. That way players will not gather around one important objective only but can spread out and if you manage to capture and hold all of them a perk can be gained for example.
Make single fire inside the fortress mandatory! Too often there were situations where you got hurt, teeth got shot out or people got pissed off. The fortresses are a great addition to the game but too dangerous as it is now.
Have game masters constantly stationed at these points since there will be situations that demands instant resolution.
B3 NATO Legion Etrangere / Special Forces
B4 NATO Legion Etrangere
B5 NATO Legion Etrangere
B6 NATO Legion Etrangere
B11 Ravens Guerilla / Divizija Vukodlak / Belgrade Taxi!
B15 UPIR / Divizija Vukodlak
Drakulic
Newbee
Newbee
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun 04 Nov, 2012 17:06

Re: Berget 16

Postby L4gi » Fri 07 Jul, 2017 14:43

With such a low amount of "real" civilians, what incentive is there to try and get them on your side? If theres lile 5 real civs and rest are mercs/psyops, then its much easier to shoot them if hostile intentions are shown than to go "well those yellow guys didnt shoot us 5 min ago, but another group of yellows is ambushing our road to base".

Yellow is yellow, one guy shoots blue and we shoot back, except theres 5 times more of us.

I agree with youe points though.
B7 - SRP - Squadleader
B8 / B9 - Civilian
B10 - NAF 9th Recon & Sniper
B11 - GCT - SFODU Intel Officer
B12 - GCT Intelligence Unit XO
B13 - GCT Special Parachute Infantry XO
B14 - NAF Fathom 9
B15 - NAF Commander
L4gi
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu 26 Jun, 2008 18:19
Location: Finland

Re: Berget 16

Postby Arradin » Fri 07 Jul, 2017 16:41

L4gi wrote:With such a low amount of "real" civilians, what incentive is there to try and get them on your side? If theres lile 5 real civs and rest are mercs/psyops, then its much easier to shoot them if hostile intentions are shown than to go "well those yellow guys didnt shoot us 5 min ago, but another group of yellows is ambushing our road to base".

Yellow is yellow, one guy shoots blue and we shoot back, except theres 5 times more of us.

I agree with youe points though.


That would be a valid point if it wasnt for the fact that blue had no idea who were and who wasnt a "real " civilian until late friday, and that was based on Psyops failing a primary mission.
Many Civilians were injured and killed/assassinated prior to that, even thought Blue Primary mission was to rescue civilians.
Civilian Mechanics were also even threatened 3 hours into game by just coming close to blue base.

Also a key point is that it worked out FANTASTIC during Berget 14 with the Outlaws, without incidents like these.

So, It doesnt matter how the story is made, how the op order is made. If people dont want to LARP they dont want to LARP, and noone will ever be forced to.

A key thing that caused the Civilian population to be soo few this year based on previous years is that it was very difficult to intigrate the civilians into the story without them just being a "biproduct". Noone in the larp community enjoy that, they want to mean something to the story and be relevant, which was extremely difficult to do this year.

All in all, based on the situation and circomstances, i consider this to be a good game out of LARP with civilians lacking aside, but with that said, Will work to change alot of things for next year!
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

B11-12: GCT- Sniper XO
B13: Civilian - Doctor
B14-> : Berget Crew
User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu 05 Jul, 2012 15:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Berget 16

Postby Rabagast » Fri 07 Jul, 2017 22:19

The ONLY way to incorporate civilians in a game like this is to make a laiv event that is working parallell to the airsoft story, where both is affecting each other. Also, no civilian should under any circumstance be combative. That way there can, and will be an incentive for both parties to interact with each other without any of the fighting sides being overly hostile towards the civilians - of course unless that is part of the story.

Civilian airsofters in an airsoft game will eventually end up being bored and start hunting one of the two opposing sides.


As the killing and shooting goes: I played as blue, and the only time I saw yellow armbands was when they ambushed our convoy close to the city and when they ran a suicide mission "allahu ackbar"-style against the fortress. Other than that we never met nor heard anything about them. After the ambush incident we concidered them shoot on sight, but I do believe the ROE updated at least twice before game off on saturday.
Rabagast
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu 01 Oct, 2009 23:30

Re: Berget 16

Postby Arradin » Fri 07 Jul, 2017 23:40

Rabagast wrote:The ONLY way to incorporate civilians in a game like this is to make a laiv event that is working parallell to the airsoft story, where both is affecting each other. Also, no civilian should under any circumstance be combative. That way there can, and will be an incentive for both parties to interact with each other without any of the fighting sides being overly hostile towards the civilians - of course unless that is part of the story.

Civilian airsofters in an airsoft game will eventually end up being bored and start hunting one of the two opposing sides.


As the killing and shooting goes: I played as blue, and the only time I saw yellow armbands was when they ambushed our convoy close to the city and when they ran a suicide mission "allahu ackbar"-style against the fortress. Other than that we never met nor heard anything about them. After the ambush incident we concidered them shoot on sight, but I do believe the ROE updated at least twice before game off on saturday.


Excellent input.

As for the civilian part, that is the idea. But it takes ALOT of manpower. Civilian ( Green/white ) are already not combatants, thats why we introduced yellow civilians ( Civilians but possibly combatant )
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

B11-12: GCT- Sniper XO
B13: Civilian - Doctor
B14-> : Berget Crew
User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu 05 Jul, 2012 15:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Berget 16

Postby g0rd0n » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 08:12

hi there!

I know it's a long shot since the next BE is in a little lesss than a year, but I'll try anyways!

Can we expect the next Berget game to be during the last weekend of June as usual? Or will it be reschedule earlier or later for some reasons?

thanks guys!

Max
B07: NATO - Foxtrot Company
B10: Poldavian - 3rd Mountaineers
B11: Blood Ravens - Recon Team
User avatar
g0rd0n
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue 23 Oct, 2007 20:02
Location: geneva/switzerland

Re: Berget 16

Postby L4gi » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 17:25

Its been around the same time for as long as I can remember. :D
B7 - SRP - Squadleader
B8 / B9 - Civilian
B10 - NAF 9th Recon & Sniper
B11 - GCT - SFODU Intel Officer
B12 - GCT Intelligence Unit XO
B13 - GCT Special Parachute Infantry XO
B14 - NAF Fathom 9
B15 - NAF Commander
L4gi
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu 26 Jun, 2008 18:19
Location: Finland

Re: Berget 16

Postby Panzergraf » Fri 29 Sep, 2017 22:38

My Berget 16 Wish List:

Dear Santa,
I know I'm not always a good boy, but I really do try my best. I know the Berget 16 reveal is just two weeks away, and I may be too late, but here is my list of wishes:

Two Symmetrical Sides
Or at least more or less. Gimmicky rules may seem awesome at first (especially to the ones who write them), but as soon as the tickets are released we all wish for better balance. This happens almost every year.
My suggestion for each side:
1 main infantry unit, making up the bulk of the faction.
1 mech unit, allowing all kinds of vehicle classes, as long as they look military. The size of this unit should maybe be based on the number of vehicles, not players.
1 milsim unit; rangers and mountaineers who don't mind marching all day, staying out all night or accomplishing missions with very little shooting involved.
1 LARP unit, for those who wish to interact with civilians or whatever.

Specialist units like artillery and engineers tend to be used like normal infantry in most cases, and these roles should be incorporated in the normal infantry or milsim unit, maybe temporarily on a mission-by-mission basis.


Now, how do we get both sides to be equal in size?

Uniform/Camo Rules
These rules should accomplish the following goals:
-More or less equally sized factions
-Each faction should have a distinct look

Berget 8 accomplished the second goal very well; Poldavia (forest camos) and NAF (desert camos) looked very different, and we really didn't even need the armbands. Unfortunately, Poldavia vastly outnumbered NAF.
Berget 15, this year, had almost the same number of players for both sides, but the camo rules were a total mess and we couldn't tell each other apart if we didn't see the armbands. And it just looked bad.

My proposal:
Go back to the old forest/green/dark uniforms VS desert/tan/light uniforms. But adjust which uniforms count as "light" and which count as dark. For instance, Norwegian forest camo (often incorrectly called M98) is not really that dark, it could be moved over to the light side. From a distance it also looks very much like ATACS-FG, which again looks almost like Multicam. So it all fits.
Digital camos: stop it. Just go by colors. If the colors are similar you can't tell a digital camo pattern from a non-digital pattern from a distance of more than 20m anyway.

So something like this would be my suggestion:
Blueland all desert uniforms, tan, Multicam, ATACS-FG, Vegetato, Norwegian Woodland ("M98"), ACU/UCP, gray PCU

Redland all woodland uniforms (like Swedish M90, Flecktarn, US Woodland, Marpat, etc.)

Now, what about OD - traditional battledress of the honorable republic of Zanzia? Add it a week later! If it becomes clear that one side is larger than the other by a significant margin, add OD to the smaller side.


That's about all. Peace out.
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
B15 - NAF Mech
Panzergraf
Major
Major
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sat 01 Dec, 2007 15:04
Location: Norway

Re: Berget 16

Postby freno » Sat 14 Oct, 2017 11:51

Rabagast wrote:As the killing and shooting goes: I played as blue, and the only time I saw yellow armbands was when they ambushed our convoy close to the city and when they ran a suicide mission "allahu ackbar"-style against the fortress. Other than that we never met nor heard anything about them. After the ambush incident we concidered them shoot on sight, but I do believe the ROE updated at least twice before game off on saturday.

I'm little bit sad about `shoot on sight'!
At a big game like Berget we should be more interested in meeting situations/people and 'laburate' little bit. After all, we can always respawn!
Why shoot on sight? Wait and see if person seems threatening or not, even if person is combatant! Start discussions and maybe larp. If you're good soldier you can always kill later!!! :lol:
ВДВ-69
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B16 - Sure!
User avatar
freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee
 
Posts: 1151
Joined: Sun 13 May, 2007 20:16
Location: Sweden

Re: Berget 16

Postby Arradin » Sat 14 Oct, 2017 15:49

freno wrote:
Rabagast wrote:As the killing and shooting goes: I played as blue, and the only time I saw yellow armbands was when they ambushed our convoy close to the city and when they ran a suicide mission "allahu ackbar"-style against the fortress. Other than that we never met nor heard anything about them. After the ambush incident we concidered them shoot on sight, but I do believe the ROE updated at least twice before game off on saturday.

I'm little bit sad about `shoot on sight'!
At a big game like Berget we should be more interested in meeting situations/people and 'laburate' little bit. After all, we can always respawn!
Why shoot on sight? Wait and see if person seems threatening or not, even if person is combatant! Start discussions and maybe larp. If you're good soldier you can always kill later!!! :lol:


It's not as bad as it sounds, there are several videos around where blue "negotiate" etc with blues.. and it went from Shoot on sight to dont shoot etc several times, and it was MOSTLY Mercs who acted hostile , as it should ;)
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

B11-12: GCT- Sniper XO
B13: Civilian - Doctor
B14-> : Berget Crew
User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu 05 Jul, 2012 15:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden


Return to Veterans corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest