Question regarding Medics

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
Neferazo
Newbee
Newbee

Question regarding Medics

Post by Neferazo » 20 Apr 2012, 17:43

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but I haven't been able to find any questions-boards, and the events-team haven't responded to my e-mail. Just a few silly questions I wanted to clear out, I'm very sorry if the answers are to be found in the rules set, but upon reading them several times I haven't found the answers I have been looking for.

1) What is the limit to the amount of medics in a platoon/company?

2) Does the medic armband have to be 100 % white, or is it okay with a green armband with a red cross? This might be a silly question, but if medics are supposed to be easier to see, I would see the idea in keeping them pure white :)

Thank you very much.

Liam

slidnert
Newbee
Newbee

Post by slidnert » 20 Apr 2012, 19:28

Question 1: I don´t know the answer.

Question 2: I was medic on B8 with a OD armband with a white circle and a red corss and a big red corss i the middle of the circle. I saw other medics with the same armband on B8 and B9.
Varg Paket

B8 - Medic - Pol. 3rd Mountaineers
B9 - Platoon Leader - Pol. 1st Mechanized
B10 - Squad Leader - Pol. 3rd Mountaineers
B11 - GCT World Police

Obi-San
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Obi-San » 20 Apr 2012, 20:27

1. Normally there is 1 medic per squad
2. I dont see a reason why you did not read the rules, there is pretty clear mention of armband
A medic should have a white armband with a red cross
B7 - Orlov Mercs
B8 - Civilian Field Intelligence
B9 - Home Support Team
B10 - Mountaineers Foreign Legion
B11 - SVR Spetsnaz
B12 - Power Ranger
B13 - SADF Paras
B14 - Shadow of the NAF
B15 - NAF infantry. All of it
B16 - UPIR shareholder
B17 - TF Gecko

Neferazo
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Neferazo » 20 Apr 2012, 23:08

Thanks for the swift response!
2. I dont see a reason why you did not read the rules, there is pretty clear mention of armband
Quote:
A medic should have a white armband with a red cross
As I wrote, I have read the rules, but I wanted to ask to make 100 % sure of the ramifications on the topic. As slidnert points out, the armband itself doesn't seem to have to be 100 % white, (can be OD-green) but must have a white field wherein the red cross is carried. :)
That's essentially all I needed to know. Thanks guys! :D

cSalinas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by cSalinas » 21 Apr 2012, 16:34

Talkt to berget crew and you can have a 10x10cm patch with the red cross on to instead of armband.
"What doesnt kill you, hurts like hell."

Berget 12 - Ravens
Berget 10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers
Berget 9 - NAF 1st Mechanized Infantry Battalion
Berget 8 - Civilians, Sixth Mercs
Berget 7 - Yuri Orlovs Mercinaries (ORC)

PANZERFAUST [PzF]

Klings
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Klings » 13 May 2012, 17:04

As with all that is airsoft, you're the judge and gentleman.
I've seen teams with several medics, and medics without patches. Arbands may be stolen as souvenirs or lost. In the chaos of battle, a small goup of survivors may team up and fight on their own, if they by chance they are medics since they belong to other teams and for this one ocation fights as one small squad, should all but one remove their arbands? As a gamemaster i'd be unsure, but probably let is slide because of the situation.

The purpose of the cross is identification. not for snipers, but teammates.
I'd give a "dead" medic priority if i am healing people and so on.

A green band with a red cross usualy goes under the radar since it's mostly a "internal matter" for the team or platoon. And i've yet so se a gamemaster that cares. But if someone in the feild complains, we are forced to "suspend him as medic" and demand that he presets a correct arband before proceeding.
This applies to all improvised arbands, like for instance the huge medic patches in stead of arbands. If BE say people can use patches in stead of arbands someone will start to speculate in how small patches they can use before someone call theom out on cheating.
If you decie to bend the rules, know you are in theory cheating. So keep a propper arband on you if someone having a bad day and ruins your fun :wink:
68th Poldavian Strategic Submarine Group
www.facebook.com/TeamFlecktarn

Dimori
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dimori » 13 May 2012, 18:09

And i've yet so se a gamemaster that cares. But if someone in the feild complains, we are forced to "suspend him as medic" and demand that he presets a correct arband before proceeding.
So gamemasters judge based on people's complaits rather than what BE actually says?

Because I've already bought myself some engineer patches, because Berget Events said me on e-mail that it is ok to use them. Or do engineers have different rule than medics?
Zansia has the wisdom of falcon.

B10: Zansian "Black guard" Infantry Battalion - F4-7

Mr Black
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mr Black » 13 May 2012, 18:16

I believe the important thing is to have the armband/patch aproved by BE. If someone complains you can refer to the BE representative who aproved it. If they don´t sign the aproval with onter than BE and your patch/armband might look dodgy to others, you can always have a printed copy of the aproval with you.
Hic sunt mortem

Nemo me impune lacessit

B8 NAF 5th Infantry, Plt leader Echo Delta
B9 NAF 1st Mech Inf Btn, Coy CO Cobra 1
B10 NAF 2nd Mech Inf Btn, 2iC
B11 UA17 (Captain Black)
B12 Civilian (Jim Tom Mudwater)

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 13 May 2012, 18:33

Mr Black wrote:I believe the important thing is to have the armband/patch aproved by BE. If someone complains you can refer to the BE representative who aproved it. If they don´t sign the aproval with onter than BE and your patch/armband might look dodgy to others, you can always have a printed copy of the aproval with you.
Yes, and not to make this so complicated, please bring your own lawyer with you to handle all the possible conflicts.

Please guys, again. Follow the standards and rules set by the BE. And if BE approves some patches etc, it is their duty to inform publicly that it is ok to use this and that. It is not the players resonsibility to start proving that BE said what they said, the information should come from BE to everyone.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

Mr Black
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mr Black » 13 May 2012, 18:45

Windi^ wrote:It is not the players resonsibility to start proving that BE said what they said, the information should come from BE to everyone.
My experience is that it doesn´t. If it were then I would agree with you.
Hic sunt mortem

Nemo me impune lacessit

B11 UA17 (Captain Black)

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 13 May 2012, 19:35

Mr Black wrote:
Windi^ wrote:It is not the players resonsibility to start proving that BE said what they said, the information should come from BE to everyone.
My experience is that it doesn´t. If it were then I would agree with you.
Still, I won't be hauling a briefcase full off signed papers on behalf of BE. I there is a problem that somebody disagrees on a BE approved patch or whatever, then it's offgame -> find trustee / GM -> sort it out -> back to the game.

Hopefully BE takes time to update rules regarding these items before game start so there wouldn't be any misunderstandings.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

Mr Black
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mr Black » 14 May 2012, 05:58

Windi^ wrote:Still, I won't be hauling a briefcase full off signed papers on behalf of BE.
I didn´t say that you should. You are exaggerating my statement.
Windi^ wrote:Hopefully BE takes time to update rules regarding these items before game start so there wouldn't be any misunderstandings.
In the beginning of May 2011 I had theese patches (10 cm in diameter) aproved by BE and I sold about 25 of them. The rules are still to be updated....
Hic sunt mortem

Nemo me impune lacessit

B11 UA17 (Captain Black)

NIN
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by NIN » 14 May 2012, 10:24

Noted.