Big expectations!!!

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Big expectations!!!

Post by freno » 25 Jul 2012, 11:13

Every year i see players at Berget that are dissapointed in diffrent ways!
You need to ask you one question:
-What do you expect from BE?
If you expect to come to a perfect game, without doing anything by your self(DIY), and a great weather, i think it´s better you stay home and save some money!

After a couple of Berget-games, i´ll tell you:

-There will ALLWAYS be some DIY!!!
-The Famous Swedish Weather will differ during a week!

If you don´t see it at arrival, make it your self!! (just a suggestion)
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Obi-San
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Obi-San » 25 Jul 2012, 14:34

Berget is like big army exercise - lots of waiting, some walking, little fighting.
B7 - Orlov Mercs
B8 - Civilian Field Intelligence
B9 - Home Support Team
B10 - Mountaineers Foreign Legion
B11 - SVR Spetsnaz
B12 - Power Ranger
B13 - SADF Paras
B14 - Shadow of the NAF
B15 - NAF infantry. All of it
B16 - UPIR shareholder
B17 - TF Gecko

Geboren
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Geboren » 25 Jul 2012, 15:36

No matter the weather, no matter the mission. The goal is to be together (the team) and having fun patroling, doing recon, small fights with shoot&move phases, meeting people from different countries, enjoying Sweden, swedish food, road trips, basecamp fires, marshmallows, metal music, behind enemy lines actions, wooooo.

Berget is cool. But freno is right, you must ask yourself before going: what do I want ?

If you're a sunday player, wanting frag and frags and capture the flag, never walked more than 10km in your life, well stay home.

If you're a milsim player, want to be out in your ECWCS when it's raining, in UA when it's heating, crawling, walking 47374 km without an enemy, bringing back intel to your HQ, enjoying everything I said before, then come, you'll enjoy every second.
http://www.oda541.com

B7 NATO Foxtrot 2 platoon leader
B8 NATO Foxtrott
B10 POL 3d Mountaineers 3d Coy, 1st Plt Leader
B11 Blood Ravens Recon Platoon Leader

Rainer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rainer » 25 Jul 2012, 17:26

Well said guys.

I've only been to two games and what i have figured out so far is this:

Dont sit and wait for Berget to come to you, go and find it yourself!
There is room for all kinds of dreams to come true at such a grand event, but no other than your self will make them become a reality.
Ooooommmmmmmm.

:D
Rainer

B9: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B10: Pol 5th infantry
B11: Missed it
B12 :PMC 3rd Crowbar

In war, truth is the first casualty.

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 25 Jul 2012, 18:33

That said, as it is true you must do something your self to make your game. This must NOT include walking off to do stuff on your own. Staying with your command is required by Berget, we can not have a game where 50% of the players are running around doing their own thing.
"go to your God like a soldier!"

Rainer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rainer » 25 Jul 2012, 18:59

True. :D
Rainer

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 26 Jul 2012, 00:02

Tiger_1 wrote:That said, as it is true you must do something your self to make your game. This must NOT include walking off to do stuff on your own. Staying with your command is required by Berget, we can not have a game where 50% of the players are running around doing their own thing.
Ofcourse you need to stay in chain of command! Ask what you can do...
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Coffe
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Coffe » 26 Jul 2012, 05:22

Tiger_1 wrote:That said, as it is true you must do something your self to make your game. This must NOT include walking off to do stuff on your own. Staying with your command is required by Berget, we can not have a game where 50% of the players are running around doing their own thing.
Erm, if me and my guys hadn't walked off doing things on our own then we would've been bored to death this year.

Because for some reason Berget Events primarily gave missions involving any kind of action to the NAF Rangers and pretty much ignored the Infantry.

Unless Berget Crew wise up and starts dealing out the interesting missions more equally among the units, or better yet: actually letting the C&C units be in actual "command" rather than acting as glorified errand boys with their hands tied to the will of BE Crew's micromanaging, my team will continue to go out on our own accord if we get bored, regardless of orders to "sit tight".

In fact, we even got applauded by our coy commande for doing just so at one moment because we got the drop on a serious Poldavian movement on the NAF basecamp, which we managed to warn basecamp about and even tie up before dying gloriously at the hands of a bunch of pollies unwilling to take hits. (but it didn't matter much to me since we knew that had it been a real situation they would've been massacred)

If you trust BE Crew to supply you with interesting and actionpacked missions, then chances are that you'll be sorely disappointed (heard enough stories from the Zansian Inf players and NAf Inf players from this year to know that).

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 26 Jul 2012, 14:09

I think BE should give fewer missions, and let the CO's come up with plans for their units to achieve an overall goal (i.e. "defeat the enemy" or something simple).

That said, when players pay for something BE has promised (like tents or toilets or whatever), it's reasonable for people to expect it's in order.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Crapgame » 26 Jul 2012, 14:41

"defeat the enemy" really? in a Berget game, with respawn, with several days of fighting, with a "no competition, no winner" game mind! really?

come on, they just have to make more missions that make sense…thats all or perhaps make some value in game for smaller missions… like blowing up a antenna near enemy base makes coms go out for 1-2 hours for the enemy
etc etc
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech
B18: GCT Mech
Swedish & Finnish: living/working in Finland

Dimori
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dimori » 26 Jul 2012, 14:43

In was prepared for not putting my expectations too high, thanks to reading forum enough. So even though there was abit less action than what I would've hoped. The only things that were abit disappointing were that I wasn't taken as a prisoner any time and I didn't get a change to larp with anyone. :D But that's understandable when there's only like 15 real civilians and I didn't even meet them nor did I see any spy ops in the game.
Zansia has the wisdom of falcon.

B10: Zansian "Black guard" Infantry Battalion - F4-7

Rainer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rainer » 26 Jul 2012, 19:30

Crapgame wrote:"defeat the enemy" really? in a Berget game, with respawn, with several days of fighting, with a "no competition, no winner" game mind! really?

come on, they just have to make more missions that make sense…thats all or perhaps make some value in game for smaller missions… like blowing up a antenna near enemy base makes coms go out for 1-2 hours for the enemy
etc etc
I totaly agree.
The dynamic of the game should shift accordingly to mission accomplishment.
I belive that it does to some degree, but it should make a bigger impact on the overall storyline.
Rainer

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 26 Jul 2012, 23:01

Crapgame wrote:"defeat the enemy" really? in a Berget game, with respawn, with several days of fighting, with a "no competition, no winner" game mind! really?

etc etc
Yes, really. There would of course be missions, but they would come from the CO of each side, not from BE. That would be the best way to get sensible missions.

BE should still be arbitrators and decide what kind of effect or bonus each accomplished mission would give (like taking out comms and ammo dumps and such), but the majority of missions should IMHO be centered around taking and holding ground that is tactically important, not taking and holding ground because BE put a flag there.
And our CO's would be the best people to figure out what's tactically important at any given moment, based on their intentions and what they know of the enemy, not BE.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Medved {VAL-St.Pet.}
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Medved {VAL-St.Pet.} » 27 Jul 2012, 18:11

Hello!

Berget already have great spirit, interesting people from so different places .. All of this is already fun! Thank you for this...It's already real value of Berget.

But airsoft it's also war game, or lets say it's simuliation of the battle. I'm ok to go far away throug swamps, bushes and rocks)... But there should be opponents who are acting against you constantly... In tnat case you will have to act always under press of risks to be detected and shot by opponents...

May be there is sence to make more simple and very opposite basic tasks...
One side should defend definite territory (Motherland Poldavia :-) ) from invaiders (for sure NAF and Zanzia) -))

I mean ... If you have to defend something ... So that get fun, there should be somebody who wants to attack you...

if you have to make raid throug some concrete route - then you need somebody to catch you and make ambuch...

Well, I know that it's always easy to give advices... And 1500-2000 players is not 20 mates ... . It's really big job to organize such event! Thank you to Berget Crew once again.

I personally did'n expect a lot of shoting ... But if I get a little bit more chances to meet opposite side...Then it will be OK).

Thank you
Looking forward for Berget 2013!

P.S.
May be there any chances to preorder good weather?
No!!!?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

----------------
Only Poldavia!
Only Moutaineers!
BERGET-10 Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
BERGET-11 Privatе Mining Company
BERGET-12 General Orlov PMC
BERGET-13 IKORP CERBER.RUS

NL_Lexxie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by NL_Lexxie » 27 Jul 2012, 21:59

Coffe wrote:[Because for some reason Berget Events primarily gave missions involving any kind of action to the NAF Rangers and pretty much ignored the Infantry.
Hi Coffe,

I was poldavian this year but after the game I talked to one of the Coy Coms at the Mc D's. He told me that he was not happy with the distribution of orders but he did not blame berget, he blamed the highest commander of NAF. I will not go into more details but as far as I understood there was no communication in NAF HQ.

wanted to mention this since it is not fair to blame BE for this.

Cheers