B10 paid meal suggestion

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
EagleDriver
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

B10 paid meal suggestion

Post by EagleDriver » 04 Jul 2011, 19:04

While I thought that the pre-paid meals were good, I was only able to have two of them because we were out in the field most of the time and when we got back the kisok was closed. It would be better if we could have a cold boxed lunch and dinner that get delivered each day so we could take them with us.
B9 NAF, 3rd Ranger Btn, 2IC B4 Company
B10 NAF Guy who talks all day to the cute girls serving the food in base.

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 04 Jul 2011, 19:22

At B8 we (pol 3rd) had the meals delivered to the HQ tent, and we were able to pick them up whenever we wanted. Often we would get back from a mission late at night to find the (cold) dinner sitting there waiting for us. It was pretty neat.

Also, in previous years, old lunch and dinner meals that hadn't been picked up would be considered free and up for grabs after the next meal was served.
While not as good as they were fresh, they were still edible the next day.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Mixmaster
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Mixmaster » 04 Jul 2011, 19:35

I remember we got a lot of food in our HQ tent this year. I did not know what they where ment for until the game was over.

So the food was delivered, but I did not know what it was for. We as the officers and gamemasters did maybe not communicate with the players enough about this. It was available in the HQ 24/7
Alexander Kvale
B3: Squad Leader
B5: Platoon Commander
B6: Company Commander
B9: Battalion Commander
B10: Battalion Commander
President of the The Norwegian Airsoft Association
http://www.NASF.no

Robin-Hood
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Robin-Hood » 04 Jul 2011, 22:03

After asking multiple staff members and at the kiosk (maybe they didn't understand me?) I only found out at the end of the second day where to get the meals. At which point I only ended up making use of three due to the kiosk being closed when I was in camp. The ones I had were very tasty compared to rat packs and it was nice to have it ready & waiting instead of taking the time and effort to cook it myself after trekking around all day.

NIN
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by NIN » 04 Jul 2011, 23:20

So in general, you need more information where and when you can claim your food?
Churn/HQ Berget 11
Gamemaster Berget 9-10
Head of security Berget 6-8r
GM Spetznas Berget 5
Master SF, Berget 3
Tjetcheny Rebels Berget 2
Project Assistant Berget 1

BetaCat
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by BetaCat » 05 Jul 2011, 00:10

NIN wrote:So in general, you need more information where and when you can claim your food?
Yes. I did get that location info at second or third day. Times? Did hear anything of that. As being one with the Firm, our food was brought to the UN camp for my understanding. Whenever I asked that if it were there already, I were answered that it were a bit late but coming. Even I waited nearly for an hour it never came (that time that was the longest time I could wait because of the ongoing missions). I'm glad that I took the advise to bring my own foor with me to Berget just in case or else I wouldn't have anything to eat at whole Berget 9.

Still, I don't blame anyone for that. I believe that organising a big event like this isn't easy and some delays may occur. Next year I just bring more of my own food with me.
B9 - The Firm / Zansian
B10: Zansian "Black guard" Infantry Battalion
B11: UA17
B12: PMC Unisec
B14: UPIR
B15: UPIR
B17: I'll be there

EagleDriver
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by EagleDriver » 05 Jul 2011, 00:31

Our food was not available to us after the Kiosk was closed, so we were unable to get it at all. We recommended that the food heaters be set up in the HQ but did not see that actually occur. We sent someone into Harnosand to get some food so that we could make up for the lost meals.
B9 NAF, 3rd Ranger Btn, 2IC B4 Company
B10 NAF Guy who talks all day to the cute girls serving the food in base.

Splinter-B
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Splinter-B » 05 Jul 2011, 08:46

The pre paid meals is a great idea, I agree.
I actually had none of the meals I paid for because we were never on base when they were brought up and had no idea if and where I could find them when I returned to base.
I think a simple note on the kiosk "Pre paid meals will be stored in the HQ" or similar would have been a great help.
B9 - NAF, 3rd Ranger Battalion
-------------------------------------
www.adventuregear.gr

Armalite5.56
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Armalite5.56 » 05 Jul 2011, 20:26

Would like to an option for vegetarian meals because I used a lot of space just to bring rat packs on the plane over..