Nominations for honorable and otherwise cool oponents :)

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 10
Panzergraf
Major
Major

Nominations for honorable and otherwise cool oponents :)

Post by Panzergraf » 02 Jul 2012, 20:25

The other threads were giving off to many negative vibes, so here goes:

1 - Zansian player who raided the Pol base sometime after 2AM on Friday, not knowing a cease-fire was in effect since 1:30. He knife killed me as I was filling water, and I told him the base was off-game. He had been laying in a ditch somewhere for hours, soaked to the skin, looking for the best way to enter the base.
He took it with a smile anyway, saying the adrenaline rush from sneaking around the base was worth the long walk back to base.
Great guy :)

2 - Some of our Swedish counterparts in the NAF Mech, driving a tan SUV of some kind. They didn't want to hide at the off-game farm with the rest, and agreed with our battalion CO to a parley, not wanting to fight so close to the farm houses. Good call, I don't think there would be a Berget 11 if a firefight had erupted there.

3 - Civilians (Zansians?) wanting to be properly searched rather than just giving up their in-game items. I enjoyed looking through your gear looking for weapons and OD uniforms.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Shorty85
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shorty85 » 02 Jul 2012, 20:48

The civilian/zanzian with the pineapple grenade!! Dude that was an epic stunt :D :D

Thumbs up too you!!!
B9: Pol 1st mec
B10: Poldavian 5th infantry
B11: Ravens Guerilla Delta Plt!
B12: PMC UNISEC

Rainer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rainer » 02 Jul 2012, 20:49

I would like to nominate a Swedish Zanisian/Naf solider that Safty killed me and my mate I Janco.
He was taken out shortly after and we got healed by our medic.
We shaked hands and concluded that the fight and overall game was awesome.
Then it took about 10 minutes before a young Zanisian Fin came in and sprayed the room close range 1-3m with over 400fps as he claimed.

Proves to show how different minds react in the mist and thrill of ingame action.
Same situation but truly a demonstration of respect and mindfulness on one hand and lack of experience,respect and common sense on the other.
Rainer

B9: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B10: Pol 5th infantry
B11: Missed it
B12 :PMC 3rd Crowbar

In war, truth is the first casualty.

Kayco
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Nominations for honorable and otherwise cool oponents :)

Post by Kayco » 02 Jul 2012, 20:56

Panzergraf wrote:The other threads were giving off to many negative vibes, so here goes:

1 - Zansian player who raided the Pol base sometime after 2AM on Friday, not knowing a cease-fire was in effect since 1:30. He knife killed me as I was filling water, and I told him the base was off-game. He had been laying in a ditch somewhere for hours, soaked to the skin, looking for the best way to enter the base.
He took it with a smile anyway, saying the adrenaline rush from sneaking around the base was worth the long walk back.
Furthermore the Zansian (may be even the same), who shoot us at same time beside the HQ-tent on a fireplace. He suprised me and other five players during talking and warm-up by fire. He shooted all of us with single fire only and below our chest. Very good weapon control and very good fairplay! Thumps up!

Btw., i felt always good fairplay from Zansians this year!
B09: Poldavian 1st Mechanized Battalion
B10: Poldavian 21st Mechanized Battalion
B11: Blood Ravens
B14: Blue Armband

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 02 Jul 2012, 21:01

1. All players who took part in the last battle between Janco and Old Mill on Saturday.

2. All POL, NAF and ZAN players and BE Crew who made that happen. It really saved the game for me and most of the players I talked to.

3. The unknown POL player who took the hit in that battle, in the thick brushes North of the road, even though my gun fired empty. I didn't have time or opportunity to tell him that, sorry. If I didn't run out of BBs, that would've been a hit, so I take this as reasonable behaviour from his side.
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

Dimori
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dimori » 02 Jul 2012, 21:46

I want to nominate the Poldavian megaphone man.

In thursday 28.6.12 NAF was trying to capture the Crossroads but apparently the Poldavians defending it were too strong and were reseaving reinforcements from the Sand Pit. So our Fox platoon was ordered to move in from Angel Peak and secure the road going between the Crossroads and Sand Pit and cut the path for the reinforcements, so that NAF could secure the SP. We managed to do so and held the road for about two and a half hours repelling four waves coming from the respawn.

After two hours the Poldavians started to become desperate and they turned on their propaganda machinery. Someone started yelling into a megaphone attempting to get us surrender: "Brave soldiers of Zansia, you can't win this fight. Surrender now and you will be treated well." And all that kind of thing, and it continued for 30 minutes until we finally had to pull out. For me it was really THE best moment of Berget 10.

Unfortunately NAF still didn't manage to capture the Crossroads... :|
Zansia has the wisdom of falcon.

B10: Zansian "Black guard" Infantry Battalion - F4-7

Kayco
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Kayco » 02 Jul 2012, 22:57

Dimori wrote:I want to nominate the Poldavian megaphone man.

In thursday 28.6.12 NAF was trying to capture the Crossroads but apparently the Poldavians defending it were too strong and were reseaving reinforcements from the Sand Pit. So our Fox platoon was ordered to move in from Angel Peak and secure the road going between the Crossroads and Sand Pit and cut the path for the reinforcements, so that NAF could secure the SP. We managed to do so and held the road for about two and a half hours repelling four waves coming from the respawn.

After two hours the Poldavians started to become desperate and they turned on their propaganda machinery. Someone started yelling into a megaphone attempting to get us surrender: "Brave soldiers of Zansia, you can't win this fight. Surrender now and you will be treated well." And all that kind of thing, and it continued for 30 minutes until we finally had to pull out. For me it was really THE best moment of Berget 10.

Unfortunately NAF still didn't manage to capture the Crossroads... :|
This men was "sykk" platoon leader of the great german 21st Mechanized "Infantry" :D
Last edited by Kayco on 03 Jul 2012, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.
B09: Poldavian 1st Mechanized Battalion
B10: Poldavian 21st Mechanized Battalion
B11: Blood Ravens
B14: Blue Armband

beast
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Nominations for honorable and otherwise cool oponents :)

Post by beast » 02 Jul 2012, 22:57

Panzergraf wrote:The other threads were giving off to many negative vibes, so here goes:

He took it with a smile anyway, saying the adrenaline rush from sneaking around the base was worth the long walk back to base.
Great guy :)

2 - Some of our Swedish counterparts in the NAF Mech, driving a tan SUV of some kind. They didn't want to hide at the off-game farm with the rest, and agreed with our battalion CO to a parley, not wanting to fight so close to the farm houses. Good call, I don't think there would be a Berget 11 if a firefight had erupted there.

3 - Civilians (Zansians?) wanting to be properly searched rather than just giving up their in-game items. I enjoyed looking through your gear looking for weapons and OD uniforms.
1 It was not a zansian but a RANGER of archer 4... if they didn't stop us...there will be plenty of red flag we were 14. We walked for kilometers under the rain, climbed up a mountain and took 2 hours and an half for last 600 meters. We hide under the noose of a lot of poldavian troops, in particoular 4 snipers just walked at 5 meters from us. Anyway we have a pic of your commander knivekilled, one of us reached your command.
B6 Convoy Operations ->Nato India II
B10 Final Strike -> 3° Ranger Archer 4
B11 Iron Walls -> SFODU Hotel 9
B12 Lords of War -> CGT Ranger Bravo 4
B13 Siege of Krasnovo -> CGT Ranger
B14 Black Gold -> Ranger
B15 Thunder Run -> FINBAT wolverine 8

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 02 Jul 2012, 23:11

No, this was a different incident.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

beast
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by beast » 02 Jul 2012, 23:17

Panzergraf wrote:No, this was a different incident.
I don't think so ;)
B6 Convoy Operations ->Nato India II
B10 Final Strike -> 3° Ranger Archer 4
B11 Iron Walls -> SFODU Hotel 9
B12 Lords of War -> CGT Ranger Bravo 4
B13 Siege of Krasnovo -> CGT Ranger
B14 Black Gold -> Ranger
B15 Thunder Run -> FINBAT wolverine 8

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 02 Jul 2012, 23:30

Actually yes, it is :D
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

Brambles
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Brambles » 03 Jul 2012, 00:31

I had a great experience with some Danish poldavians in the forest just south of the old mill on the Friday afternoon.

They overwhelmed our recce squad and captured myself and our engineer. After the firefight and while being searched we got talking to them about their experience of B10. They agreed to pose for a dramatic picture of the interrogation taken by one of my "dead" comrades. When the time came to depart, we wished each other well and went our separate ways.

Great sportsmanship, great bunch of lads, personifies everything that is great about the berget experience :)
B9 - NAF 3rd Rangers, Bravo 4
B10 - NAF 3rd Rangers, Archer 2
B12 - GCT Rangers, Bravo 2
B14 - NAF Infantry, Echo 4
B15 - NAF Infantry, Charlie 4
B17 - TBC

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 03 Jul 2012, 00:50

I'd like to nominate Wormbyte and Rubberducky.

My recon section had set up a patrol base just 400m south of NAF base Saturday morning around 0030-0100, but by 0600 we were soaked to the bone and needed an evac.

After several failed phonecalls and 15-20 minutes of calling for help on just about every damn frequency we could, I finally got through to Tiger who then told us to get help in NAF base and that he would send transport for us.
After a quick run I got to HQ where Ian handled the situation professionally. The time saved by his to the point, no-bullshit approach made the difference between my men being soaked and cold and them being on the verge of hypothermia.

Once all my guys and our gear were in, I got inside where the care of both Ian and Murphy helped us recover quite fast. From sleepingbags and leftover pizza to fresh, hot soup, their treatment was fantastic.

Thanks guys, if there's anything I can do to repay you, lemme know :)

PS: Oh and Ian, your face when you heard that my boss was 'The Boss' was damn-near priceless :D
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: GFM HQ

Rubber Duckie
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rubber Duckie » 03 Jul 2012, 01:30

Vinni we did nothing special. Airsoft is a game and they are no enemies, What we did was to help brother airsofters in need and I would like to think every other person at berget would have behaved exactaly the same.

M.Koho
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by M.Koho » 03 Jul 2012, 01:42

About the incident in Poldavian base on friday night:

NAF went in BEFORE us Zansians, we waited nearby when NAF was shooting in the base. I myself thought that I should wait atleast until 2AM to make my move towards the FAD, so as many as possible Poldavians would be sleeping. We were not aware of the base gone off game :D There were four of us and we were in the region from 23:00 to 2:40 and it was AWESOME. Best memory from the Berget 10.