Feedback and debriefings from Berget 10
Tormax
Private
Private

1 queastion to NAF commanders

Post by Tormax » 03 Jul 2012, 00:05

i would like to know wich NAF commader, it was that told players,
that 5 mags from a regular rifle would take out a in game car,
if you dont want to come out here and tell everone you didnt read the rules, you can allways pm me

this have lead to unnesesery shooting at cars, resulting in damage that didnt have to occur.

yes i know its a risk to bring cars into game but at 1 point we found over 1k bb´s inside the car.
but thats not the point here.

//Göran aka Tormax
B3 special forces
B4 UN (French 2eme REP )
B5 Nato

Mr Black
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mr Black » 03 Jul 2012, 00:17

WHAAAAAAAT?!
Hic sunt mortem

Nemo me impune lacessit

B8 NAF 5th Infantry, Plt leader Echo Delta
B9 NAF 1st Mech Inf Btn, Coy CO Cobra 1
B10 NAF 2nd Mech Inf Btn, 2iC
B11 UA17 (Captain Black)
B12 Civilian (Jim Tom Mudwater)

WhiteAce
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by WhiteAce » 03 Jul 2012, 00:19

This is new to me too. It's not in the rules so the one saying so, should be quite ashamed for stating such a thing! :o
Berget 5: 2IC Spetsnaz.
Berget 6: CoyCO NATO Golf coy.
Berget 7: PtnCO 2nd platoon 2nd coy
Berget 8: 3rd Rangers Battalion:
Berget 10: Co of NAF forces

Tormax
Private
Private

Post by Tormax » 03 Jul 2012, 00:20

that was the reply we got,
they said that they had been told by commander that 5 mags would take out a in game car
B3 special forces
B4 UN (French 2eme REP )
B5 Nato

Mr Black
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mr Black » 03 Jul 2012, 00:24

Sounds like a load of B.S. to me!
Hic sunt mortem

Nemo me impune lacessit

B11 UA17 (Captain Black)

Rubber Duckie
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rubber Duckie » 03 Jul 2012, 01:34

the old rules stated that taking out a non armoured car 1 or 2 shots to the drivers winscreen would take out the driver but not the crew but as far as i was aware that ended with the attachment of bavs units to all cars

Maggie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Maggie » 03 Jul 2012, 01:50

Rubber Duckie wrote:the old rules stated that taking out a non armoured car 1 or 2 shots to the drivers winscreen would take out the driver but not the crew but as far as i was aware that ended with the attachment of bavs units to all cars
i heard that it ended with all cars being treated as armored. but then again i heard it from someone who heard it from someone who heard it etc.
Berget 9, Poldavian 320th Artillery
Berget 10, 15th sappers 2pl, 2sq
Cædpæt - Norway

IceRaiser
Newbee
Newbee

Post by IceRaiser » 03 Jul 2012, 02:46

ALOT of players "forgot" the rules about vehicles.
We (NAF 2nd Mech) have a shitload of damages on our vehicles caused by Poldavian guns.
I'm not saying that NAF didn't do the opposite, I just never saw it.

So to clear things up:
Taken from the Berget rules:
[...]Their crew or drivers may be eliminated by BBs alone if the vehicle have their windshields down or are open vehicles like ATV´s or Jeeps.[...]
All vehicles are considerd as light armoured vehicles with bullet proff glass etc.
You will need to hit the vehicle with a BAVS
[...]

So "thank you", everyone who shot up our vehicles. Sometimes even within your safetydistance...
Berget 5,7,8,9,10. 11?

Tormax
Private
Private

Post by Tormax » 03 Jul 2012, 07:06

Mr Black the guys that told us this,
i trust completly we play whit them every other weekend,
and im 100% sure he wouldnt lie to us about being told this from his commander,

Ice im sure it happend to alot of Naf cars also.

all i can say i we now have to get a new radiator for our in game car.
and some other repairs to be made due to exssesive bb´s been shoot
at the car.

//Göran aka Tormax
B3 special forces
B4 UN (French 2eme REP )
B5 Nato

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 03 Jul 2012, 08:18

That's not good. That is exactly why in my events we have a rule where you don't shoot at vehicles at all, and you only shoot at the passengers the second their feet hit the floor upon leaving the vehicle.
B6 - Platoon Commander (India 1st Platoon) - NATO
B7 - Company Commander (India Coy) - NATO
B10 - 3rd Rangers Commander
B12 - GCT Ranger Commander
B13 - GCT Para Inf - Company Commander
B14 - Commanding Officer of the Nordic Alliance Force

hezi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hezi » 03 Jul 2012, 08:52

wormbyte wrote:That's not good. That is exactly why in my events we have a rule where you don't shoot at vehicles at all, and you only shoot at the passengers the second their feet hit the floor upon leaving the vehicle.
I'd have to agree on that,
but we had situation back at Berget 8 were one vehicle was moving on the road, and from one of the passengers windows that was half open someone took a pistol and start shooting at us.
we had to return fire on him although we didn't hit him and he didn't hit us.

how are suppose to behave in this situation ?
The Brigade Team
B7, NATO, INDIA Company, 2 platoon
B8, NAF, 5th Battalion
B9, NAF, 3rd Ranger Battalion
B11, Blood Revens
B13, GCT, Special Parachute Infantry
B14, UPIR Infantry

WhiteAce
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by WhiteAce » 03 Jul 2012, 09:09

hezi wrote:
wormbyte wrote:That's not good. That is exactly why in my events we have a rule where you don't shoot at vehicles at all, and you only shoot at the passengers the second their feet hit the floor upon leaving the vehicle.
I'd have to agree on that,
but we had situation back at Berget 8 were one vehicle was moving on the road, and from one of the passengers windows that was half open someone took a pistol and start shooting at us.
we had to return fire on him although we didn't hit him and he didn't hit us.

how are suppose to behave in this situation ?
Just like NIN said before. Take your deadrag on you, walk to the man (vehicle) and explain what they did wrong according to the rules.
Berget 5: 2IC Spetsnaz.
Berget 6: CoyCO NATO Golf coy.
Berget 7: PtnCO 2nd platoon 2nd coy
Berget 8: 3rd Rangers Battalion:
Berget 10: Co of NAF forces

Mr Black
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mr Black » 03 Jul 2012, 09:34

Tormax wrote:Mr Black the guys that told us this,
i trust completly we play whit them every other weekend,
and im 100% sure he wouldnt lie to us about being told this from his commander,
I don't know what player you are refering to. But if that player was in Naf mech he's a damn lier.

It is very unfortunate what happend to your vehicle. Allthough driving over mines and continuing straight into Naf base with guns blazing might have contributed to you being on the recieving end of some BB's. If you fire from a vehicle you must expect to be fired upon.

I'll help you install som extra protection for the radiator before the next game. :)

Mr Black
Hic sunt mortem

Nemo me impune lacessit

B11 UA17 (Captain Black)

JudgementDay
Major
Major

Post by JudgementDay » 03 Jul 2012, 11:41

Okay, we had a post in NAF barracks about treatment of vehicles that ran as follows:

1. If you can hit a player through an open window/door with BBs, that player takes a hit according to Berget rules.

2. If a player is hit by BBs inside a vehicle through closed windows, they were ordered not to take a hit by me in acting capacity as BatCo of NAF Mech. I wanted to avoid the exact problem that you explained with that.

3. Vehicles can only be destroyed by BAVS. If so, the driver takes a hit, and all crew still inside after 15 seconds is eliminated.

I also specifically briefed all NAF 2nd Mech personnel on this rule on-site, especially to avoid people shooting uselessly at cars driving by when they clearly had all their windows closed.
Since the post in NAF barracks was mainly directed at players from 2nd Mech, I unfortunately can't make sure that all NAF players did read and understand this post, especially as (and I believe it is the same with the Poldavian forums) not all players attending Berget bother to inform themselves in the forums beforehand.

@ Hezi: Your behaviour in the situation described was completely correct. It is a matter of fair play that all players being able to shoot from a car have to be 'hittable' from return fire. Going through a warzone, you have only the option to a) sit tight in the safety of an armoured car or b) open a window, shoot, and risk being hit yourself.
I have had reports of smartasses out there who apparently cut a barrel-sized hole into their windows so they could stick their gun out without risk of being hit themselves - I do not consider this fair play, and for future games would like Gamemasters, but especially BatCos to strongly discourage such behaviour.

@ Tormax: Maybe if you could PM me the name of that player, I could look into our files and try to find out where this -completely wrong- information came from.
Been here since B08... :)

seaQ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by seaQ » 03 Jul 2012, 12:45

The only time we came across some cars were when the poldavians assaulted Janco on thursday. The first car had a open top and the guys inside took their hits pretty fast.

The rest of the cars was all closed up though and because of that, there was no reason to shot at vehicles except the top gunner (which also got hit quite fast).

Now, some of the cars that started to shot out the windows, rolled them down all the way, presenting a way for us to shoot them down. Some of them, however, only rolled down enough for those inside to shoot out of the car. The ones that did that, got sprayed pretty much everywhere.

Then there was one car, that had no gun turret or nothing, just small holes with rubber patches over, large enough to fit their gun barrel.

We shoot a few clips at their guns but they wouldn't take a gun hit. Later, GM came and warned them that gun hits still counts!
B8 - Civilian
B9 - Civilian
B10 - Civilian
B11 - UA17
B12 - UNISEC Mechanized (Review: http://goo.gl/kMm0lV)
B13 - Ikaros Corp - QRF (Review: http://goo.gl/dc4vQz)
B14 - NAF Mechanized
B15 - UPIR IRON Skulls
B16 - PMC Mechanized
B17 - GFM Mechanized