BAVS dident work good.
10%

Total votes: 51

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

The BAVS system

Post by Berget-events » 29 Jun 2015, 19:04

We added some of the Version 3.0 to the game, what was the overall feeling with 2.0 and 3.0 on the field? How did it work?
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Re: The BAVS system

Post by Panzergraf » 29 Jun 2015, 22:57

My team has used BAVS many times before and we know how it works, so none of us thought about it then, but when we were issued the receiver and mounted it, the BE crew there didn't really tell us how to use it.
Of course we knew how, but what about players new to Berget, or those who have never used BAVS or in game vehicles before? Some clear instructions on how to reset, and why it's important, would be nice.

I know we messed up the first time we used BAVS at a game here in Norway and forgot to reset the receiver, and I think that was the case for many this year too.

Things I would like to see added to the system:
-An external light indicating that the system is connected and active.
-Support for larger batteries that aren't drained during the game. Our small 8,4v batteri ran out on Friday. We had a spare and noticed it before leaving base, but other than the display being dimmer than usual, there was no notification from the receiver that the battery was low.
-An internal flashing light when the receiver is hit. With many vehicles operating in close proximity, it can be hard to tell which vehicle is hit. The display on the receiver is small and not always visible to everyone in the vehicle.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

grasulas
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by grasulas » 29 Jun 2015, 23:13

With so many cars in game we need AT4 BAVS for rent or just more over all, fighting 40 cars with 3 AT4s spread all over GTC was a joke.

BAVS grenades are ineffective to stop a car with more then 1 hit, as soon the car takes the hit just carry on or retreat until reaches safety and then the engineer will make it new ready to come back at the ambush point or fighting position raining hell on you :D.

One idea is to make the car stop when it loses half of the HP points and move back again after full repair.
Last edited by grasulas on 30 Jun 2015, 00:18, edited 1 time in total.

Rabagast
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Rabagast » 29 Jun 2015, 23:48

Had some issues with it not working at all during daytime with the sun up and all. Shot at cars from less than five meters without anything happening. I also talked to GCT-players who told us they shot at our car from less than that without the BAVS going off. The system was turned on, and took hit from close proximity so it being turned off was not an issue. We were told last year that this was due to light beams, the sun and all that. Still, it's a shame that it affects the system that much.

At one point, I know it was because issues related to new players and lacking instructions from BE Crew like Panzergraf is mentioning. This is because a good man of the blue side ran out onto the road, told the vehicle crew they were down and yelled to me that he "took care of the hit problem" after I've been hitting them for a long time with no luck.

However, the receivers were very well placed this year! I can't think of seeing any receivers being hidden by turrets, flags or other vehicle installments. This is a good thing since that was somewhat a problem last year.
Last edited by Rabagast on 30 Jun 2015, 00:03, edited 1 time in total.

HerrNilson
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by HerrNilson » 29 Jun 2015, 23:50

Hired a BAV grenade, was provided with no instructions about its correct usage.

For 1.5 days I wondered why I was unable to take out any vehicles only to be informed by another player that the grenade wasn't switched on.

I had never used one before so hadn't realised it should make a noise and the method of turning it on involved taking apart something I was liable €90 for if broken or lost. Felt a little stupid and disappointed after that.
Berget 10 - Pol 3 MNT 3 Coy
Berget 11 - GCT SIDU
Berget 12 - PMC Hatchet 1-1
Berget 13 - Para Inf Alpha 3 (BAVS)
Berget 14 - Alpha Company - Alpha 1-0
Berget 15 - Pathfinders
Berget 16 - NAF HQ 2IC

B2fox
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by B2fox » 30 Jun 2015, 09:14

Still the issue with recievers running out of juice, was a cause to frustration, and discussions.
The same problem were reported at B12, and the anwer was...
Berget-events wrote:
There will also be a way to see if the Bavs is turned on or disconnected from the outside of the car.
But that fix were not implemented :?

Also internal communication at BE could improve.
We had to wait untill friday noon, before a BASV were fitted to the canon :cry:
This despite three months of emailing, with crew.

But this said I must commend the BAVS crew, for building a completly costum unit, and fitting it to the tank.
Awsome work guys ! :D
Attachments
Class 5 BAVS unit.jpg
Class 5 BAVS unit.jpg (49.99 KiB) Viewed 16816 times
Nikolaj "B2" Poulsen - Team ILD I PIBEN

http://www.ildipiben.com
-----------------------------
B11 & B12: Ravens
B13: IKAROS Tank driver/Platoon leader
B14: NAF Delta
B15 & B16: Mercenaries "IIP Services"
B17: Bandits aka Local hunter
B18: Yes when ever then is.....

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 30 Jun 2015, 09:15

As mentioned by others, instructions need to be given. I had to tell people how to turn on their systems in our camp also.

It seems to me that the beam for the 40mm ver is way to wide. We killed our own car shooting at a GCT car when our car was 45 degrees offset and 2 meters from the shooter. I know redesign of the grenade is going to be "costly" but it should seriously be considered. With the beam being that wide, the skill part of getting into a good pos kind of goes away.

Balance. I suggest that the total nr of 40mm does not increase, but that the rental system is changed. A set nr of 40mm must be given to each faction, and you must provide you faction ID when booking one. When your factions 40mm is gone, you can't rent one. If by Tuesday pre game some 40mm from any faction is left unrented, then they can be rented by anyone in the shop at Berget. This way Berget will get all bavs rented, and the faction that have not rented will lose out due to not wanting to have bavs....

I know some inf believe more bavs is the solution, but we had a high nr of cars killed this year by bavs teams. And in areas with a small nr of roads their use does not take a lot of planing. I believe we all agree on the fact that Ingame cars add something to the game? (Yes a more balanced nr would be good). If "all" players have bavs, you would soon have a situation that would make bringing a car, with the cost that entails, being equal to bringing a free for all target. And then mec would have little to no place in the game. Do we want that? I will say something about faction balance in my general feedback post.
"go to your God like a soldier!"

Jakobsson
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Jakobsson » 01 Jul 2015, 21:33

The reload time is a joke, it need to be somewhat realistic with at least 20 sec for the 40mm and 40 sec for the AT4.

And is it to much to ask that when shooting the system its make a clear sound and light or is it a super weapon?
Maybe something like the baps? And with some high output led:s?
Operation crossroads 2007
Berget 12: PMC Mech
Berget 13: Ikaros, Hermes QRF

Verage
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Verage » 02 Jul 2015, 08:31

Jakobsson wrote:The reload time is a joke, it need to be somewhat realistic with at least 20 sec for the 40mm and 40 sec for the AT4.

And is it to much to ask that when shooting the system its make a clear sound and light or is it a super weapon?
Maybe something like the baps? And with some high output led:s?
Reload time should even be bigger,
Guys from Cerberus carried a LAW with a BAVS and to fire it you had to open it completly, arm it, shoot, get it back toghether, reopen, rearm to shoot it again.
That is a good proces, it takes up some time and precision to open en close the damn thing.

Consider that these weapons are normaly 1 use only. So a longer reload time (5min or so) would not even be that bad.

But i really like the way the system works, it is the best idea to take out vehicules.

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Crapgame » 03 Jul 2015, 23:20

The V.3.0 is even so strong we "bounced" the 40mm ray on our car hitting our own BAVS....i mean is that even supposed to happen? :o
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech
B18: GCT Mech
Swedish & Finnish: living/working in Finland

grasulas
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by grasulas » 05 Jul 2015, 19:18

How about the cars with 2 hit points or more? Can we have a talk, how can I destroy one with a 40mm BAV grenade when you can just move away from the hot spot use the engineer to get full hp again and come back?

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 05 Jul 2015, 19:24

grasulas wrote:How about the cars with 2 hit points or more? Can we have a talk, how can I destroy one with a 40mm BAV grenade when you can just move away from the hot spot use the engineer to get full hp again and come back?
I don't see a problem with this, what are the alternatives?
If a vehicle need to head back to safe area, it is no longer in the fight, and you have successfully got rid of it.. for a while, anyway.
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

Dexmann
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Dexmann » 06 Jul 2015, 01:51

First time rented BAVS - no instructions, but thanks for Koalition boys - i got instructions.

Worked like a charm, took out vehicles everytime they were in suitable range or drove to our ambush.
Loading-time was joke, something like 4 sec. Atleast 15secs would give mechanized a chance,
Berget 8 - 1st Poldavian Infantry Battalion 1st Coy, Kettu-4
Berget 9 - The Firm
Berget 10 - Zansian Blackguard Infantry.
Berget 11 - At home with family (and one year old son)
Berget 12 - Ravens
Berget 13 - Ikaros Corporation

Askorbiini
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Askorbiini » 06 Jul 2015, 18:09

Panzergraf wrote:(...) Things I would like to see added to the system:
-An external light indicating that the system is connected and active.
-Support for larger batteries that aren't drained during the game. Our small 8,4v batteri ran out on Friday. We had a spare and noticed it before leaving base, but other than the display being dimmer than usual, there was no notification from the receiver that the battery was low.
-An internal flashing light when the receiver is hit. With many vehicles operating in close proximity, it can be hard to tell which vehicle is hit. The display on the receiver is small and not always visible to everyone in the vehicle.
Amen.

- The main unit itself could have a small LED which would tell the current status of the vehicle. Several times during the game I had to crawl up to the back of our car just to check we still were ingame and no-one had destroyed our vehicle. ...and since the unit has no backlight, it was a hassle to pick up a flashlight just to see the "Armor 15%" on the screen.
- The same "status LED" could be used to tell if the battery is low. All the offgame time I had the system unplugged to save the battery we had. Also, Berget should really try to get to modern times and update some other battery-plug on the system. Tamiyas? Really? All we own nowadays are batteries with T-plugs. ...I guess that I'll make some adapters for the future.
- +100 for the last point. It's frustrating as a driver not to be sure if the hit was on me or some other car. Or not be able to hear the sound at all with everyone shouting and shooting around in close distances. Either have the main unit to have a speaker to beep inside the vehicle, or add a distinctive light somewhere inside. (The 12V output for the speaker could be used to power up some kind of light close to the driver)

One small problem I met was during thursday (?), when a group of Norwegian (?) guys tried to shoot out our vehicle with a AT4 from a distance on the road to Speckta. After fighting off a convoy of Reds for a while, they came up to me claiming that the BAVS was not plugged on, which I then proved to be a false claim. Apparently a distance of 20-30m and a sunny weather was enough for the system not to receive a hit.

Anyway, I would like to give a big "thumbs up" for the crew setting up the receivers in the cars. This year I cannot recall any receivers that would have been blocked with flags, raincoats, disposable plates ( :wank: ) or turrets. If only we had some BAVS-weapons to use this given chance... :D

- Asko & "Monkey Wrench", GCT Mech
B5 - Finnish Freedom Fighters
B6 - Separatist Reform Party
B10 - Zansian Black Guard
B11 - GCT Taskforce / SFODU
B12 - UNISEC Mech
B13 - GCT Mech
B14 - NAF Mech
B15 - NAF / FinBat Mech

grasulas
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by grasulas » 08 Jul 2015, 09:43

Arradin wrote:
grasulas wrote:How about the cars with 2 hit points or more? Can we have a talk, how can I destroy one with a 40mm BAV grenade when you can just move away from the hot spot use the engineer to get full hp again and come back?
I don't see a problem with this, what are the alternatives?
If a vehicle need to head back to safe area, it is no longer in the fight, and you have successfully got rid of it.. for a while, anyway.

Lets extrapolate to a player, If i`m hit for the first time the medic comes and patch me up ON SITE or i have to be carried away by my squad members to a safe area where I can be healed ONLY ONE TIME second hit means out of game ...

The car has the possibility to move away using full of his combat capacity and mobility to safe area to be repaired under 5 min OVER AND OVER AGAIN as long the engineer is still alive, btw there are engineers who are repairing the car from INSIDE, do you find MILSIM this action, you think a car who took a hit from a 40mm HEDP grenade will be just dandy and fit to fight again after a patch up under 5 min on site by a single engineer, just to be hit over and over again ???