An official appology regarding the Armbands.

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 16
User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 565
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

An official appology regarding the Armbands.

Post by Arradin » 04 Jul 2018, 19:07

Hello all,

We want to once again appologize for the horrible quality of some of the armbands this year.

Our supplier failed to meet our expectations, which lead the an extremely uneven quality of the armbands. Some were glued together, some were sewn and glued, and some were not even attatched at all, which we had to do on site with staples and stitches.

We will ofcourse take appropiate actions to make sure that this does not happen again, and want to thank you for understanding that this was out of our control - But we will have a much better quality control for next year.

Thank you.

// Berget Events
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

Miksu
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 64
Joined: 31 May 2015, 16:12
Location: Finland

Re: An official appology regarding the Armbands.

Post by Miksu » 04 Jul 2018, 19:27

I want your apologies because I didn't get my poll about this :(

Although I hope that Berget Events would some year do what I already suggested last year. Make system that allows players to buy or reserve personal armband ID which would be binded to your forum account which you need to use when you book tickets every year. Those numbers could differ from normal numbers like starting with x amount of zeros in the front of the player number or something. Then make one high quality premium type of armband that players can get with their own player ID and then they could use that every year. Or if they make their own like I do then we could use the same armband every year since the ID would be the same.

Also sew a little piece of velcro in middle of the armband so it will stick to players combat shirts / jackets that have velcro in biceps to stick their patches, that way the armband will stay on its place and don't need to be very tight on your arm to stay in place. Also you need to make like normal size and big size for big boys. Friend of mine have same issue year after year, his biceps are way too big to fit inside your arm bands comfortable or at all.
B13 - GCT Mechanized
B14 - NAF Mechanized
B15 - NAF Mechanized
B16 - UPIR Recon

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 565
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: An official appology regarding the Armbands.

Post by Arradin » 04 Jul 2018, 19:30

Miksu wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 19:27
I want your apologies because I didn't get my poll about this :(

Although I hope that Berget Events would some year do what I already suggested last year. Make system that allows players to buy or reserve personal armband ID which would be binded to your forum account which you need to use when you book tickets every year. Those numbers could differ from normal numbers like starting with x amount of zeros in the front of the player number or something. Then make one high quality premium type of armband that players can get with their own player ID and then they could use that every year. Or if they make their own like I do then we could use the same armband every year since the ID would be the same.

Also sew a little piece of velcro in middle of the armband so it will stick to players combat shirts / jackets that have velcro in biceps to stick their patches, that way the armband will stay on its place and don't need to be very tight on your arm to stay in place. Also you need to make like normal size and big size for big boys. Friend of mine have same issue year after year, his biceps are way too big to fit inside your arm bands comfortable or at all.
You can already make your own with same number each year.

When you check in at berget, we "set" the armband number for you, decided with the randomly picked armband from the pile. If you have your own (old) number, you just show us the armband, and we put that number in instead.

Many people re-use old armbands.

BUT, there can ofcourse not be another player with the same armband number ;)
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

Miksu
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 64
Joined: 31 May 2015, 16:12
Location: Finland

Re: An official appology regarding the Armbands.

Post by Miksu » 04 Jul 2018, 19:35

Arradin wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 19:30
Miksu wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 19:27
I want your apologies because I didn't get my poll about this :(

Although I hope that Berget Events would some year do what I already suggested last year. Make system that allows players to buy or reserve personal armband ID which would be binded to your forum account which you need to use when you book tickets every year. Those numbers could differ from normal numbers like starting with x amount of zeros in the front of the player number or something. Then make one high quality premium type of armband that players can get with their own player ID and then they could use that every year. Or if they make their own like I do then we could use the same armband every year since the ID would be the same.

Also sew a little piece of velcro in middle of the armband so it will stick to players combat shirts / jackets that have velcro in biceps to stick their patches, that way the armband will stay on its place and don't need to be very tight on your arm to stay in place. Also you need to make like normal size and big size for big boys. Friend of mine have same issue year after year, his biceps are way too big to fit inside your arm bands comfortable or at all.
You can already make your own with same number each year.

When you check in at berget, we "set" the armband number for you, decided with the randomly picked armband from the pile. If you have your own (old) number, you just show us the armband, and we put that number in instead.

Many people re-use old armbands.

BUT, there can ofcourse not be another player with the same armband number ;)
Well my ticket booking email said that my armband number for this year is 10 and I have now armband with that number permanently marked in it. Can I just use that next year as well?
B13 - GCT Mechanized
B14 - NAF Mechanized
B15 - NAF Mechanized
B16 - UPIR Recon

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 565
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: An official appology regarding the Armbands.

Post by Arradin » 04 Jul 2018, 19:47

Miksu wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 19:35
Arradin wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 19:30
Miksu wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 19:27
I want your apologies because I didn't get my poll about this :(

Although I hope that Berget Events would some year do what I already suggested last year. Make system that allows players to buy or reserve personal armband ID which would be binded to your forum account which you need to use when you book tickets every year. Those numbers could differ from normal numbers like starting with x amount of zeros in the front of the player number or something. Then make one high quality premium type of armband that players can get with their own player ID and then they could use that every year. Or if they make their own like I do then we could use the same armband every year since the ID would be the same.

Also sew a little piece of velcro in middle of the armband so it will stick to players combat shirts / jackets that have velcro in biceps to stick their patches, that way the armband will stay on its place and don't need to be very tight on your arm to stay in place. Also you need to make like normal size and big size for big boys. Friend of mine have same issue year after year, his biceps are way too big to fit inside your arm bands comfortable or at all.
You can already make your own with same number each year.

When you check in at berget, we "set" the armband number for you, decided with the randomly picked armband from the pile. If you have your own (old) number, you just show us the armband, and we put that number in instead.

Many people re-use old armbands.

BUT, there can ofcourse not be another player with the same armband number ;)
Well my ticket booking email said that my armband number for this year is 10 and I have now armband with that number permanently marked in it. Can I just use that next year as well?
Yes, if there is no person checked in before you with that number and you play on the same team
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

Miksu
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 64
Joined: 31 May 2015, 16:12
Location: Finland

Re: An official appology regarding the Armbands.

Post by Miksu » 04 Jul 2018, 19:58

Arradin wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 19:47
Miksu wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 19:35
Arradin wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 19:30


You can already make your own with same number each year.

When you check in at berget, we "set" the armband number for you, decided with the randomly picked armband from the pile. If you have your own (old) number, you just show us the armband, and we put that number in instead.

Many people re-use old armbands.

BUT, there can ofcourse not be another player with the same armband number ;)
Well my ticket booking email said that my armband number for this year is 10 and I have now armband with that number permanently marked in it. Can I just use that next year as well?
Yes, if there is no person checked in before you with that number and you play on the same team
Well that's why I would love to have system that will make sure that nobody else cannot check in with my personal player ID. Now if or more like when I don't get the same number in my next ticket booking email some one else can have check in already with that or if I do it first then he might be confused since email says his armband id is 10 but someone has already check in with it.
B13 - GCT Mechanized
B14 - NAF Mechanized
B15 - NAF Mechanized
B16 - UPIR Recon

L4gi
Captain
Captain
Posts: 474
Joined: 26 Jun 2008, 19:19
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: An official appology regarding the Armbands.

Post by L4gi » 04 Jul 2018, 20:08

Yeah can I register my number "1" that ive had for a few years in a row? :D
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16

mouse
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Posts: 22
Joined: 04 Oct 2009, 20:19

Re: An official appology regarding the Armbands.

Post by mouse » 04 Jul 2018, 20:17

Arradin wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 19:47

Yes, if there is no person checked in before you with that number and you play on the same team
Effectivly this means I have too bring my own armband and or buy one from you IN CASE the armband from previous year is already checked in.
Or risk not getting in becouse no armband payed before-hand.

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 565
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: An official appology regarding the Armbands.

Post by Arradin » 04 Jul 2018, 20:39

Miksu wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 19:58
Arradin wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 19:47
Miksu wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 19:35


Well my ticket booking email said that my armband number for this year is 10 and I have now armband with that number permanently marked in it. Can I just use that next year as well?
Yes, if there is no person checked in before you with that number and you play on the same team
Well that's why I would love to have system that will make sure that nobody else cannot check in with my personal player ID. Now if or more like when I don't get the same number in my next ticket booking email some one else can have check in already with that or if I do it first then he might be confused since email says his armband id is 10 but someone has already check in with it.
The only people who use the armband ID that they get assigned during booking are the ones who make their own, the risk that someone would want the exact same number as you is minimal.

Sadly, the system does not currently allow for players to reserve a player number or so.

So Yes, to be bullet proof safe, you need to either make your own with the number assigned to you, OR be prepared to buy an armband from us on site.
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

mouse
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Posts: 22
Joined: 04 Oct 2009, 20:19

Re: An official appology regarding the Armbands.

Post by mouse » 04 Jul 2018, 21:31

Didnt know you could buy one on-site.

Helvetica
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 98
Joined: 16 Dec 2013, 15:54

Re: An official appology regarding the Armbands.

Post by Helvetica » 04 Jul 2018, 21:36

mouse wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 20:17
Arradin wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 19:47

Yes, if there is no person checked in before you with that number and you play on the same team
Effectivly this means I have too bring my own armband and or buy one from you IN CASE the armband from previous year is already checked in.
Or risk not getting in becouse no armband payed before-hand.
Just risk it and bring blue tape. If the case happens, that you have to Switch Armbandnumber, put a layer of that blue tape over your Armband and write your new number on it with an edding. We used blue tape as emergency, when somebody forgot his Armband or (like this year) there is a Problem with the Armband.

But @ Arradin, thank you for the communication about this things. This is what I missed the last years from Berget. Usually its not about a Problem, its about how Berget deals with them and often does not communicate about it!
B12 - GCT Border Police, Swiss-OPs
B13 - GCT Infantry, 3rd Platoon, Swiss-OPs
B14 - NAF Infantry, Echo 1, Swiss-OPs
B15 - UPIR Heavy Weapons and Demolition Unit, Swiss-OPs
B16 - NAF Infantry, Alpha-03, Swiss-OPs, Platoonleader
B17 - 110:th Special Investigation Unit (hopefully)

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 565
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: An official appology regarding the Armbands.

Post by Arradin » 04 Jul 2018, 22:25

mouse wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 21:31
Didnt know you could buy one on-site.
you can buy them in the shop, and i also have extras of all colors in case of "emergency" :)

@Helvetica , I am aware, and communications is just what we try to improve, Thank you!
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

vinni
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 999
Joined: 26 Feb 2008, 16:25
Location: Belgium

Re: An official appology regarding the Armbands.

Post by vinni » 06 Jul 2018, 14:25

Hint: get a nice permanent one with velcro for your armband number
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart complaining everything was better in the 'Olden Days'

madsvg
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Posts: 21
Joined: 24 Apr 2008, 15:20
Location: Norway

Re: An official appology regarding the Armbands.

Post by madsvg » 10 Jul 2018, 16:45

We actually just bought blue ducktape and taped our arms instead of using the armbands that you delivered.

But real talk, I've participated in 6/7 berget events and these armbands have been the worst I've ever seen distributed.
I was one of the "lucky" ones which got the stapled ones, and it fell apart during the first part of thursday. For someone that actually pay you money for these, I was really, really disappointed. They did NOT live up to the expectation, and it is FAR from worth it at their current state. Honestly, if I were you, I would've held back the payment to your supplier since they both failed at delivering a product that you had specified, and with such a low quality that they should be ashamed. As well for you, you should really have someone that can supervise it to a higher degree than what you currently are doing.
Berget 7 - NATO 1st Platoon
Berget 8 - NATO 2nd Platoon
Berget 9 - Poldovia 5th Infantry
Berget 10 - Poldovia 5th Infanty Recon Squad
Berget 11 - Ravens Guerilla
Berget 13 - Ikaros Mechanized, Hermes 3, Balder 4
Berget 16 - NAF Rangers, Bravo 2

Panzergraf
Major
Major
Posts: 628
Joined: 01 Dec 2007, 15:04
Location: Norway

Re: An official appology regarding the Armbands.

Post by Panzergraf » 15 Jul 2018, 02:16

madsvg wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 16:45
But real talk, I've participated in 6/7 berget events and these armbands have been the worst I've ever seen distributed.
The B14 armbands were actually even worse :P
Veteran of 11 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
B16 - Upir Mech

Post Reply