Thunder-B

General information and discussion about our upcomming game in 2018.
Haxxxor
Newbee
Newbee

Thunder-B

Post by Haxxxor » 27 Mar 2018, 09:40

Heya!

So, finally coming back to berget again after being gone for a few years..

Now back when i still played it was stated in the forum rules updates that for that game Thunder-B was not allowed.. However i cannot find this thread anymore. I cant find a rule about it in the rules page and nothing in the rule updates for 2018.

So what are the rulings on thunder-B this year? They are absolutely awesome and adds a lot of immersion (and wow factor) when clearing room and you roll in a grenade that actually goes "Boom", they are not louder than the artillery and equally safe to bb spraying grenades filled with gas.

Can we get a ruling for this? (I happen to have 4 thunder-b cores and over 50 shells at home :D)

BigDane
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Re: Thunder-B

Post by BigDane » 27 Mar 2018, 14:23

Directly from rules....

"NOTE! All retail gas/spring/bungee/electrical mines and grenades are ok. Home-made stuff must be tested by crew at check in. No burning things are allowed."
S.R.A.P.E

MiqaFox
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by MiqaFox » 27 Mar 2018, 22:41

The quote BigDane posted is the sections called "Mines".

This is the section for granades.
HANDGRENADES
We allow both sonic Berget grenades and gas driven BB shooting grenades like Tornados. For all BB shooting grenades normal hit rules apply.

Sonic grenades (B.A.P.S.) If you are in a room when a sonic B.A.P.S. grenade detonates you are hit. (No matter if you are behind furniture or other cover, you are hit.) You must put up a death-rag and yell “HIT”. If a player enters a room during the 10 second "detonation"-sound he is also hit. Normal HIT-rules apply.

You may NOT reset a thrown grenade and throw it back! Only the owner of the grenade can reset it. You may NOT retrieve your thrown grenade during and ongoing firefight in a building.

The B.A.P.S. grenade effect does not work outdoors, the rules only apply for indoor use in bunkers, cars, tents or rooms. It is important to know that the grenade does not eliminate a whole house, only people in the room where the grenade is thrown. If you are OUTDOORS and a B.A.P.S. grenade detonates near you (beep beep beep) you are NOT hit. (Use other approved grenades in these situations)

The sonic grenade is the only grenade you are allowed to use against cars with open turret or windows. If using a grenade against a vehicle, you can only “drop” the grenade into a open window or turret/hatch. Never throw the grenade from a distance. If a B.A.P.S. grenade detonates inside a vehicle, all players inside are hit. The vehicle is NOT destroyed. You may never approach a MOVING vehicle to drop a grenade.

NOTE! If the driver area and the passenger area is separated, (e.g. truck with driver cabin) only people in one area are hit. The rule is "all within the four walls are hit".
If I'd guess, I'd say that they are not allowed.
B11-12: Ravens
B13: Ikaros
B14-15: UPIR

"If at first you don't succeed, go get a .50 cal" - DemolitionRanch

BigDane
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by BigDane » 28 Mar 2018, 02:40

BigDane wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 14:23
Directly from rules....

"NOTE! All retail gas/spring/bungee/electrical mines and grenades are ok. Home-made stuff must be tested by crew at check in. No burning things are allowed."
then that can be misunderstood because theres word "grenades" in the sentence. 😡
S.R.A.P.E

Haxxxor
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Haxxxor » 28 Mar 2018, 10:14

BigDane wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 02:40
BigDane wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 14:23
Directly from rules....

then that can be misunderstood because theres word "grenades" in the sentence. 😡
Here's the thing. the thunder B is a retail gas grenade. It does not say if the grenade have to throw BB's and being hit by those is what matters, the only thing that states you cannot use thunderB is that you can only use baps inside cars nothing else.. But that means tornadoes and other BB spitting grenades are also not okay to go into a car.. But for building room clearing and outdoors it says nothing about thunderB... So there is still no clarity on this.. We need an clarification on this pretty badly....

Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by Arradin » 28 Mar 2018, 12:59

Not allowed.

Sound grenades can only be user indoors, as the rules states and has no impact out in the open.

Because berget games currently only have very small houses and rooms, the thunder-b grenade creates way too much sound, which would require ear protection

This is not the same thing as artillery as its never used indoors and only by berget crew
You can reach me directly at email: berget@arradin.com

B11-12: GCT- Sniper XO
B13: Civilian - Doctor
B14-> : Berget Crew

Haxxxor
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Haxxxor » 28 Mar 2018, 14:40

Awesome :) That clarifies it all, Thanks.

Berget sonic grenades it is :D

vinni
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by vinni » 28 Mar 2018, 16:23

Pardon my ignorance, but does this mean that thunder-Bs CAN be used for outdoor purposes if they shoot bb's (and the normal hit-rules apply)?
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart complaining everything was better in the 'Olden Days'

Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by Arradin » 28 Mar 2018, 17:59

vinni wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 16:23
Pardon my ignorance, but does this mean that thunder-Bs CAN be used for outdoor purposes if they shoot bb's (and the normal hit-rules apply)?
Thunder B grenades does not shoot Bbs and is not intended to shoot bbs.

We Will not accept grenades that do 130db like the thunder b.

Normal grenades that shoot bbs can be used outdoor, yes , but as far as i know, grenades are either sonic or BB shooting, not both

vinni
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by vinni » 28 Mar 2018, 18:10

I was under the impression that they do, especially the trip-wire types.

That being said, 130dB might indeed be a bit much, thanks for the clarification.

mouse
Private
Private

Post by mouse » 04 Apr 2018, 19:49

How about smoke grenades ?

vinni
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by vinni » 04 Apr 2018, 21:02

Pyros are a no-go

So, unless you've got a overpowered vaper, no smokes

Arradin
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by Arradin » 04 Apr 2018, 21:04

mouse wrote:
04 Apr 2018, 19:49
How about smoke grenades ?
because of the high risk of fire from any pyro , there is an all around no-go on them for safety reasons.
Only Crew can handle pyros of all kinds.