* Feedback - Bashir city *

Feedback e debriefings from Berget 7.
Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

* Feedback - Bashir city *

Post by Berget-events » 28 Jun 2009, 21:24

as topic. Please provide what you think about this new larp-part.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Kane
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kane » 28 Jun 2009, 22:17

I played one of the civilian police officers of Bashir City (The Bashir City Police) and I think it was a great idea to increase the larp-part on this game.

It worked really well and it's definitely something to build on!

Some wishes for B8 is that there will be even more civilians, preferably more "real civilians" so that not all civilians are mercs, bandits or have somekind of shady roles. There should also be clearer rules for when members of other fractions are allowed to use civilian armbands.
And it should also be clear to all participants of the game that the civilians most likely aren't "hostile targets".

Anyway, we had a great time at Berget 7 and I really hope we made this berget-game more interesting for other players :)
Kane, Plastic Dragoons
---------------------------
B1- Crew/ russian soldier
B2- Crew/ Russian Radio Officer
B3- Crew/ Russian Spetsnaz Recon
B4- Rebel soldier
B6- Bandit
B7- Bashir City Police
B8- SRG
B9- Ivanchuk's Export & Import

D-Cycle
Private
Private

Post by D-Cycle » 28 Jun 2009, 22:46

I played as a civilian. During Wednesday as Thursday as a reporter from Liburania Liberal Media, and the rest of the game as some kind of mercenary.

I had a great time LARPing. Actually my first time doing LARP. Did it so much that I didn't shot a single BB "in anger" during the whole B7 - and not being pissed about missing the fighting.

What I loved during the first two days where that everyone I met in Bashir was role playing - civilans as well as soldiers. Also ROE was strict, and I was never fired up on. The ROE was my main concern before going to B7, because I know how trigger happy airsoft players are, and "everybody's" main reason going to B7 is to shot at other airsofters.

As Liburania Liberal Media we did interviews with mayor Bogdan, NATO-commander Kriss, Milo commander Obelix. We did some minor reports/interviews in the town with the police, a "working girl", and other persons that came up with something that we could make stories of.

We tried to get hold of SRP commander Olli for an interview. He demanded information in exchange for an interview (the base numbers from NATO-base at first, but we negotiated it so he wanted the numbers from Milo). We got hold of those numbers, but at that time Olli were to busy with the war.

Tried to get hold of Orolov for an interview. We tried several different methods - giving messages to ORC-players we encountered as well as visiting their base. Finally we got a contact who phoned me. We did some attempts to get an interview, only ending up that this contact was trying to rip us of 5.000 B$. There was much feeling trying to negotiate through a cellphone with a foreign guy who tried to rip us for money. I talked us out from that fee, and he arranged an interview without that charge. Heading for that scheduled interview (01:00 AM Friday at the ORC-base). 00:55 AM we received a message that the interview was canceled. Much effort for nothing. :)

Liburania Liberal Media: http://llm.oda903.se

The only thing that ruined the LARP-experience in and around Bashir was the reckless shooting of unarmed civilans. Me and my fellow xKaninen encountered a NATO-group wearing ACU just south of Bashir. We told them we where unarmed civilans that just wanted to pass through and they still just gunned us down. That did really ruin the whole setting of the story (WTF, NATO as bad guys!?). The same group also took several shots against off-game players wearing death rags, and also totally ignored the B7 Game Masters "Game-Off" shouts.

All and all, I will most probably go as a civilian next time also - although being an experienced airsoftplayer who like the gear and the fighting.

Finally - a general hint: Civilans don't tend to wear so much of boots, BDU-pants, a civilian hoodie and boonie - which seemed to be the latest fashion in Bashir City. And also... you tend to get a hell of lot of further un armed than armed, since everybody else are using guns also.
ODA-903 - Z30 | http://www.oda903.se
B4: NATO - Zulu Squad
B5: NATO - Zulu Squad
B7: Liburania Liberal Media - Press reporter.
B9: Poldavian - 3:rd Mountaineers. 6-3.

Hammer
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Hammer » 28 Jun 2009, 23:14

I really liked Bashir City, it had good LARPers and a good addition to the game which gave the game another dimension.

I have to agree with D-Cycle and Kane in many of the things they've said.

What I would like to see for next year:
More civilian roles. If need be; outsource the task of creating a mini-LARP for all civilian roles in the game to experienced Live Role Play organizers, allow them to create agendas, intrigues and such for the civilians while war is going on and sometimes effecting the civlians as well, but certainly not always.

Less Dead-rag heads standing around in the city. They should be a) lieing on the ground, b) walking to respawn or c) be respawning.

Make cities into LARP-areas where you are expected to play a role, speak in-character and those not wanting to take part can stay outside the city limits. This of course means that no one should be forced or need to enter the city which does not want to.

In-character workers, bar staff, bar maids and preferably discreetly marked Game Masters that only enter the town to deploy Thunder Kings and before major assaults. Neon colors takes away the role play mood.
/H17 - Hammer - Eidolon Lake

Fenan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Fenan » 28 Jun 2009, 23:59

I too really liked BC, though I wasn't aware it was a LARP area :!:
My favourite character was the priest!

Cogo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Cogo » 29 Jun 2009, 00:03

I played as a Merc for the NAF Security Team and we all had a blast. Bashir City was louds of fun. Great RP mixed with some shooting.

I would like to thanks the Police, the strippers, Hammerhead, the priest, the Mayor and all other Civilians whom I interacted with. Thank you for a great time, I loved the RP.

I actually kind of hoped, that I didnt have to shoot a single BB the whole game. I loved to RP and be friendly instead.

But as you all know, who was in Bashir city the last day, it was kind of impossible not to shoot at the Nato and such ;)

The building in Bashir city really impressed me and my team, that town really helped getting in character.

The LARPers was a great asset to Bashir and I hope there will be even more of them next year.
Cogo, the Cyborg of Lule? Airsoft Grunts.
NAF Sekreterare
Can you feel the Steyr?

Hammer
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Hammer » 29 Jun 2009, 00:10

Fenan wrote:I too really liked BC, though I wasn't aware it was a LARP area :!:
My favourite character was the priest!
No, it wasnt enforced LARP as I understand. That is something that I am hoping for in the future. since it would have added to the atmosphere a whole lot.
/H17 - Hammer - Eidolon Lake

shady
Private
Private

Post by shady » 29 Jun 2009, 01:20

Kane wrote: Some wishes for B8 is that there will be even more civilians, preferably more "real civilians" so that not all civilians are mercs, bandits or have somekind of shady roles.
I think shady role was the best :D

whiskey
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by whiskey » 29 Jun 2009, 01:42

D-Cycle wrote:Tried to get hold of Orolov for an interview. We tried several different methods - giving messages to ORC-players we encountered as well as visiting their base. Finally we got a contact who phoned me. We did some attempts to get an interview, only ending up that this contact was trying to rip us of 5.000 B$. There was much feeling trying to negotiate through a cellphone with a foreign guy who tried to rip us for money. I talked us out from that fee, and he arranged an interview without that charge. Heading for that scheduled interview (01:00 AM Friday at the ORC-base). 00:55 AM we received a message that the interview was canceled. Much effort for nothing. :)

Liburania Liberal Media: http://llm.oda903.se
Finally - a general hint: Civilans don't tend to wear so much of boots, BDU-pants, a civilian hoodie and boonie - which seemed to be the latest fashion in Bashir City.
Well, maybe the "CIA/PMC/SF-but-trying-to-appear-civilian-type-look" of your photographer caused the interview preparation to drag for so long. The $5000 trick was an attempt to determine if you're genuine news guy or an assassin. Unfortunately, there was an urgent need for a meeting between Mr. Orlov and Milo's top commander required by a mission from the crew. Tough luck.

D-Cycle
Private
Private

Post by D-Cycle » 29 Jun 2009, 02:38

whiskey: The photographer (the beared guy) and I had no evil agenda against Orolov. Although the 5.000$ thing through the phone was one of the best LARP-experiences I had during the game. :)
ODA-903 - Z30 | http://www.oda903.se
B4: NATO - Zulu Squad
B5: NATO - Zulu Squad
B7: Liburania Liberal Media - Press reporter.
B9: Poldavian - 3:rd Mountaineers. 6-3.

rapzor
Newbee
Newbee

Post by rapzor » 29 Jun 2009, 08:04

i heard that the bank was robbed by nato forces on feday night :o ? is it true ?

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 29 Jun 2009, 08:34

AFAIK the City was razed, ruined and ransacked by NATO several times. Which I really do not understand.
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 29 Jun 2009, 08:50

jdoe wrote:AFAIK the City was razed, ruined and ransacked by NATO several times. Which I really do not understand.
Neither do we in B7 ingame NATO HQ. To make a long story short: At Friday an unknown number of people simply kitted up and ran off "to have more action" and ended up with an uncoordinated and unauthorized mass f....up at Bashir City. It appears those people got bored and went rogue without our knowledge. This was totally individually "wound up" and many people were suckered into it.

This subject may be worth a thread of its own - i.e. individual skirmish mindset versus milsim in big airsoft-events affecting game dynamics etc.
It may seem like airsoft-events beyond a certain number of participants can result in some people diverting from the game plan to seek more individual action instead of following the chain-of-command and staged game dynamics.
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 29 Jun 2009, 09:09

Yes, I agree.

And to point it out clearly, I don't blame the whole NATO, let alone its leadership. I know you guys did not authorize this, or a few other "strange" incidents. We got information from our CO, those were not planned or ordered from NATO HQ.

Sad.
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 29 Jun 2009, 11:02

I would guess this was the grayest field of B7 planning-wise. But when you throw in an excellent environment (Bashir), few means (trading means, security etc.) and a few dedicated LARPS, you get a great game within the game. I loved every single moment in the city, trying to get through to people, trying to make money, to start plots, to get information etc... My only problem was the scarcity of cash in game and the conflict of interests:
If the Orlov corp. was supposed to be the weapons trading company, how come we had to BUY weapons first off the "independent" weapons smuggler in bashir? I mean milo had dope for income, SRP had gold for income, where were we supposed to find the money? Steal it as common NATO crimminals did? That was a flop that ruined 75% of all my business intentions hehe. I did have all the fun nevertheless.

Errr... whether you like it or not, I will volunteer to run the civilian side next year, be that as a mayor or a part-time GM. This side needs propper directions, stories, structure and roles. That is, IF the BE decide to go on with the LARP element of the game.
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia