three things to consider for the Berget Crew.

Feedback e debriefings from Berget 7.
Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 03 Jul 2009, 18:34

Talisman: Well, considering nobody in NATO HQ gave you that order...my comment still stands!

Gauntlet: There is a reason for that ;)
"go to your God like a soldier!"

diomede
Corporal
Corporal

Post by diomede » 03 Jul 2009, 19:05

Brujo wrote:Oh, I just remembered this one... a clear and undoubtful message to Berget crew:

The T-Shirt is CR4P!
Its colour is gray, really doesn't fit with anything.
The picture... its gay. A page from weapons encyclopedia with two red spots. One can tell a non-pro did a design in 10 minutes.

So, after three berget events I still don't have a decent T-shirt to wear and be proud of wearing it (twice too small, once failed colour and design).

I'll be back next year for a fourth T-shirt, better make it good this time :x
:)
it's true :) :D great Brujo
WWW.BANDOFBROTHERS-SOFTAIR.IT
B6: NATO India Company - Squad Leader
B7: NATO Lima Company - Platoon Leader
B8 NAF 5th Infantry - 2nd Battallion Commander

legionaire
Private
Private

Post by legionaire » 03 Jul 2009, 21:10

1- Tent assignment, in my tent were 12 people, and i saw some tents with just 6 guys!
2- Camping acessories should be provided, like axes, shovels, paracord, etc...
3- First Aid?!?!? where was it? Me and a another team member had to assist another member of my team, and we had to improvise, because berget didnt have first aid kits, or so I have been told by berget members when they were asked.

And there is some other stuff, but these 3 are the most important.
One thing that no one can forget is that this a big nice game, but berget is a service provider and we are paying for a service, and we have the right to demand for improvement. Also, I bought my ticket later therefore more expensive(way more), I would like to know why if i slept in the same shitty conditions as others, and on top of that my number was taken because of some sad stuff that happened that I didnt have anything to do with...

I guess thats it!
H.O.T. OPERATIVE
www.hostileoperationsteam.org
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
WHEN IT'S HOT, IT BURNS!!!

Talisman
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Talisman » 03 Jul 2009, 22:24

Tiger_1 wrote:Talisman: Well, considering nobody in NATO HQ gave you that order...my comment still stands!

Then it seems like somebody at HQ was playing with me. I can't know if they are for real or not.
For our first attack were we got the orders from HQ, we got connected trough a Swedish Squad, and our small fireteam was not mentioned. For the following events after respawn, we regrouped with India 5. So I used India 5 coms to brief HQ of the situation in BC while we tried to get back to the basecamp.

So I didnt really go off-mission at any time on Berget 07. As our attack of 15 was approved by HQ, and with India 5 we just tried to get back to the base as we did after some time.

Gauntlet: Thank you for clearing that up.

But any way, this is just my point of view. In the end I had lots of fun, even when there was no action at all. After all, its just a game.

Berget is what you make of it yourself.
Last edited by Talisman on 04 Jul 2009, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.
Strand

"A suspicious mind is a healthy mind"
"He who stands with me shall be my brother"

Berget 7 - NATO, OSCAR 1, DELTA (5)
Berget 9 - Pol. 3rd Montaineers, Recon, 5-2

OzCam
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by OzCam » 03 Jul 2009, 23:03

Next time, can the checkpoint at the entrance to the NATO base please be properly staffed and defended. I spent many hours at it on my own in the early hours of the morning, trying to play the guard role to the best of my ability. Due to an injury on the first night I couldn't march very far, so I had to find something else to do. But for a long time, I was the only one interested in doing that duty, or anything else unsexy.

Also, we should have had a machine gun permanently at that position to deal with drive-by Taxis.

I apologise for shooting a warning round over a car one time - I could not see whether it was an in-game vehicle or a member of the public, they were driving into a firefight and they didn't stop when told to.

Thanks to the Norwegian nurse etc who looked after our heatstroke case. He was fine the next day.

Better - and more visible - First Aid posts next time please. And some members of the Harnosand public complained that the warning signs about the game area were not visible enough.

India 1-3. MFV!
Nice, yes. Weak, no.

Buckmaster
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Buckmaster » 04 Jul 2009, 01:10

Moiners Gentlemen,

listen to your customers and learn from there complains as you did last year. It can only get better as much as you are willing to.

It was an inprovementd from B6 to B7 but many things can get better.

It is up to you to figure out what has to come first and what later. There are many things pointed out, but the Berget Crew has to make the decision.

@B: Chose carefully, do'nt take the 24/7 hot showers first (just my opinion that is pure luxury).

Radios with the option of Headsets where fine but luxury as well.

Thanks and have fun,

Buckmaster
- Every live counts. Yes, even Yours. -

6-7-8-10-11-12-13-(14)

Buckmaster
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Buckmaster » 04 Jul 2009, 01:36

Moiners, again ...
legionaire wrote:1- Tent assignment, in my tent were 12 people, and i saw some tents with just 6 guys!
2- Camping acessories should be provided, like axes, shovels, paracord, etc...
3- First Aid?!?!? where was it? Me and a another team member had to assist another member of my team, and we had to improvise, because berget didnt have first aid kits, or so I have been told by berget members when they were asked.

I guess thats it!
2-1st.: hmm. this was not a hotel! But You are right! It could be done better. Next time we ask for assistance to bring up a base camp we do not ask for digging holes in the ground and fixing mines but also for assisting at the check in!

2-2nd.: I have learned that Berget is what You making of it. bring it on. I brought the equipment for the network in the BHQ and a printer. That was for the entire OTAN. What did you bring?

2-3rd.: You are right, we had my First Aid kit in the BHQ, the MP had theres, the Berget First Aid Kit ????? - MedEvac by customers ?????.
@B.: Think about that! There is a Berget-phone, there is the Emergency Dial, but there where nothing visible for the "ordanary" Player to feel
safe with.

Greetings and have Fun,

Buckmaster
- Every live counts. Yes, even Yours. -

6-7-8-10-11-12-13-(14)

Andy McClane
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Andy McClane » 04 Jul 2009, 01:54

I brought a med kit, a little more than the regular car kit, but expected a full medkit in (at least) each HQ.

By the way, I even took pictures of the one the MP's were using - nice!

And did anybody spot the paramedic lady that helped out the guy on the last day, NATO camp? I must have shot over a dozen photo's of her... :P

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 04 Jul 2009, 02:16

Talisman wrote:
Tiger_1 wrote:Talisman: Well, considering nobody in NATO HQ gave you that order...my comment still stands!

Then it seems like somebody at HQ was playing with me. I can't know if they are for real or not.
Considering your callsign never was approved for Batallion level operations you're damn right we played radio games with you.
You even used the wrong map reference grids - so what could you expect? :D
Last edited by motorhead on 04 Jul 2009, 03:58, edited 1 time in total.
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog

legionaire
Private
Private

Post by legionaire » 04 Jul 2009, 03:31

Buckmaster wrote:Moiners, again ...

2-2nd.: I have learned that Berget is what You making of it. bring it on. I brought the equipment for the network in the BHQ and a printer. That was for the entire OTAN. What did you bring?

Greetings and have Fun,

Buckmaster
I dont know if you're being sarcastic about some stuff, but I see you agreed with some stuff i said, What did I bring?, what I was asked to bring and then some more stuff!

Next year if you need any help with organizing logistics and tent placement and assignment you can count on me, or if anything else is needed to make HQ work even better you can also count on me, if you inform me early, absolutely, count me in, starting from now! One thing is sure, next year I'll bring a big ass First aid Kit!!!
H.O.T. OPERATIVE
www.hostileoperationsteam.org
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
WHEN IT'S HOT, IT BURNS!!!

Tystnad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tystnad » 04 Jul 2009, 11:38

Well, I know I had a huge ass FAK, either in my backpack, on a dropleg or in our car, all the time. Only brought the stuff I know how to use though (cleaning wounds, dressing wounds, painkillers, stabilizing water/salt balance and so on), since Im only a nurse-in-training. But it would indeed be good to see more Real medkits on the field aswell.
ODA-903 - Z312 http://www.oda903.se
B5 Sweden - Pt Co Alpha Tango
B6 NATO - Coy Co Bravo Company
B7 Medecins Sans Frontier, Anastesiologist

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 04 Jul 2009, 12:44

As for first aid kits. There was a thread about that before the game. I personaly bring my own for basic things. And I allways know that the Norwegian medics (part of MP unit) bring theirs. They treated 17-18 injuries during the game, and I also had to wake them up at 04:00 one morning to help with 2 guys from Foxtrot I belive. A first aid kit in it self does not really help, you need people that can use it. Players with such skilles are a great thing, but it should not really be their problem. So a big thanks should go to players that take time out of their game to help others.

I will agree that Berget Crew should have had a car on standby for medivac around the game area, and our camp should (at least from 09-03) have had a Berget crew admin guy in our camp. That anyone could contact for any problems, be it medical or other things related to berget events it self. A lot of time was used by the Bn commander, and the HQ staff for admin dutys and questions. If we did NOT have to deal with such things, Kris might have had the time to do the big "bn peptalk" some of you have asked for. Belive me, If he had had the time, he would.

As for tents. We did move a few tents around, but with the nr of people booked contra the nr turing up in some companys, some tents did get a bit full, and others had almost nobody. But we also tried to give the larger companys more tents, and within you companys, you should have been able to distribut evenly. Again, it might have been a good idea with a admin guy from berget working this (then again, they also have a LOT to do in the days leading up to the game).
Last edited by Tiger_1 on 04 Jul 2009, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.
"go to your God like a soldier!"

Talisman
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Talisman » 04 Jul 2009, 13:28

motörhead wrote: Considering your callsign never was approved for Batallion level operations you're damn right we played radio games with you.
You even used the wrong map reference grids - so what could you expect? :D
I'm very aware of the map part :) I never got to print out the right tool.
But I had fun, and I thought command was with me when you were just joking with me. Its just a play, right? So no hard feelings from my point.

The only thing Im asking for on next Berget:
1. A little more goals.
2. SP should be of more value.
Strand

"A suspicious mind is a healthy mind"
"He who stands with me shall be my brother"

Berget 7 - NATO, OSCAR 1, DELTA (5)
Berget 9 - Pol. 3rd Montaineers, Recon, 5-2

LukeAR
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by LukeAR » 04 Jul 2009, 15:57

I brought my own first aid kit and it sure came in handy when i treated a groin injury on one of the "enemy" soldiers who walked into a branch.

Luckily - no internal injuries/bleeding only a hell of a pain (next time please wear undies under the uniform O_o). GPS came in handy too in giving exact coordinates for the evac to come to.
Berget 9 - NAF 3rd Rangers.
Berget 8 - NAF 5th Infantry.
Berget 7 - NATO, INDIA 2-2 comms NCO.

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 04 Jul 2009, 16:40

Buckmaster wrote:Moiners Gentlemen,

lRadios with the option of Headsets where fine but luxury as well.
Nope. For troops in the field a common Kenwood-plug monophone with a 3,5mm earplug outlet would work vastly better. That way one only needs a simple 3,5mm earplug brought along to Berget.

Earplug:
http://www.409shop.com/409shop_product.php?id=103122

Then they can receive radio traffic from us at HQ even when they're near enemy forces or need tactical discretion.

The desired monophone type w/3,5mm earplug outlet:
http://www.409shop.com/409shop_product. ... ercat=1699

The BE-provided Yaesu monophones broadcasted the unit presence for troops in the field.

Ideally bring along to next Berget a combat earkit with boom mike:
http://www.409shop.com/409shop_product. ... ercat=1658

This requires the 12mm spaced two-pin plug layout (aka Kenwood plug).
This year the main pre-game problem was no reliable info from BE about which radios we would get.

This can most certainly be improved at B8, Berget-Events.
Last edited by motorhead on 07 Jul 2009, 22:20, edited 3 times in total.
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog