three things to consider for the Berget Crew.

Feedback e debriefings from Berget 7.
Juusto
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Juusto » 05 Jul 2009, 00:00

Brujo wrote:Oh, I just remembered this one... a clear and undoubtful message to Berget crew:

The T-Shirt is CR4P!
+1

If you cannot make better shirt, just don't make one. That money can be used more vicely :)

Perhaps you should arrange design competition for Berget 8 T-Shirt.
...and would be great to get T-shirt of my size. Size L shirt was just like a tent for me. Maybe you should ask T-shirt size in ticket order form?

Andy McClane
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Andy McClane » 05 Jul 2009, 00:21

Juusto wrote:...Perhaps you should arrange design competition for Berget 8 T-Shirt...
EXCELLENT IDEA!

Geboren
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Geboren » 05 Jul 2009, 00:45

I agree too, competition, like for patches :wink: .

It increase the participation of people in the "around the game", we feel a little bit more concerned.
http://www.oda541.com

B7 NATO Foxtrot 2 platoon leader
B8 NATO Foxtrott
B10 POL 3d Mountaineers 3d Coy, 1st Plt Leader
B11 Blood Ravens Recon Platoon Leader

Andy McClane
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Andy McClane » 05 Jul 2009, 01:07

Just don't forget people wel complain endlessley anyway! :lol:

Hammer
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Hammer » 05 Jul 2009, 09:19

Why T-shirts? Free marketing inside Härnösand possibly, but I see no other reason why.

If you want to offer the players something, make it something remotely useful like a patch (company/team/event whatever), armband or deadrag.
T-shirts in Large?! I got plenty of tees, and even if I didn't I wouldnt be wearing the one we got with strange guns all over (like the robocop gun rofl). And i never tried it, but I doubt that it'll even fit.
/H17 - Hammer - Eidolon Lake

Kartoon
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Kartoon » 05 Jul 2009, 12:35

I get tired of reading these threads. Seriously..

Where I'm getting at is that if any improvement in the game is requested or demanded people should think twice before posting. The forum gets filled up with useless mumbo jumbo and all the important feedback get's lost in confusion. If you intend on posting, read trough the WHOLE thread (it's tough but necessary) and then think again if your post is really needed.

Everybody wants to have their say, but sometimes you need to hold back. There are several discussions here where I first thought I'd have a few things I could share with all you guys but after reading a couple of pages I really didn't feel like that anymore. Most things have been mentioned more than once and one more time would make no difference.

So please, for all of our sakes, and that of Berget Crew, get a grip and think if your post is really worth posting. :wink:
Constructive criticism is needed but repeating the same things is a waste of energy. Your own and others'.
Mikko Läntinen
Berget 6 - SRP, XO
Berget 7 - SRP, XO
Berget 8 - Poldavian 1st Infantry
Berget 9 - The Firm - Operations manager

Berget 15 - FinBat XO

hezi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hezi » 05 Jul 2009, 15:38

First I want to say that there were a lot of times that I have enjoyed the game.
To meet people from all around the world that are sharing the same kind of hobby was uplifting.

one thing for BE to consider

BE should not interfere in the game proceeding,
I have noticed that in game info was giving to all sides,
NATO base was informed on each attack 20 minutes before the attack came,
In which it helped us to be prepared for the attack.
My guess is other sides in the game were notified on every attack that came upon them.
BE should let the sides in the game to collect their own information in a way of spies or scouts or to buy information from rouge troops and etc.
The Brigade Team
B7, NATO, INDIA Company, 2 platoon
B8, NAF, 5th Battalion
B9, NAF, 3rd Ranger Battalion
B11, Blood Revens
B13, GCT, Special Parachute Infantry
B14, UPIR Infantry

Kartoon
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Kartoon » 05 Jul 2009, 15:44

No information from the GMs about the upcoming attacks were given to SRP. We only got our missions or some off game information from them. But if it happened somewhere, I agree with you that it shouldn't.
Mikko Läntinen
Berget 6 - SRP, XO
Berget 7 - SRP, XO
Berget 8 - Poldavian 1st Infantry
Berget 9 - The Firm - Operations manager

Berget 15 - FinBat XO

Tystnad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tystnad » 05 Jul 2009, 16:23

hezi: Me and my team reported in contacts near NATO base on several occations. Might this be one of the reasons for the combat readiness? (We were one of the pickupteam, but played more than half the game without gear and the likes as pure civilians, as intel folks. I passed on a lot of the info we gathered to Kris)
ODA-903 - Z312 http://www.oda903.se
B5 Sweden - Pt Co Alpha Tango
B6 NATO - Coy Co Bravo Company
B7 Medecins Sans Frontier, Anastesiologist

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 05 Jul 2009, 19:13

No info was passed to NATO HQ on operations conduced by our enemy. All warnings that were issued to troops from NATO HQ was based on intel gatherd ingame. Either from units in the field, or as in one case, "PMR chatter" from hostile forces that our units picked up.
In fact, I found this Berget to run a lot less "scripted" then before.
"go to your God like a soldier!"

Majk
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by Majk » 05 Jul 2009, 22:39

hezi wrote: one thing for BE to consider

BE should not interfere in the game proceeding,
I have noticed that in game info was giving to all sides,
NATO base was informed on each attack 20 minutes before the attack came,
In which it helped us to be prepared for the attack.
My guess is other sides in the game were notified on every attack that came upon them.
BE should let the sides in the game to collect their own information in a way of spies or scouts or to buy information from rouge troops and etc.

This is simply not true!
Where did you get this information from? or did you just make this up yourself?

At B6 and especially at this years Berget we in Game management have designed the missions and the game flow to work on it's own without as little review/assistance from GM as possible. We work our asses off just to have a free game flow!

Feel free to evaluate our event but if I were you I would double check my sources once or twice before posting such an accusation you just made.
Chief of Security, Berget 13-16
Game Management, Berget 6-12
CO/Game Master SF, Berget 3 & 5
Recon for Gen. Crashek, Berget 4
CO Tjetcheny Rebels, Berget 2
Project Assistant, Berget 1

Spof
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by Spof » 05 Jul 2009, 22:59

hehe, sometime at mid thursday we had to cancel some missions due to the development of the game. It had its own life... :D
Veteran Gamemaster.

-" Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys... look upon them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even untill death."

hezi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hezi » 05 Jul 2009, 23:15

i specifically remember that in one of the attacks from Yuri Orlov´s Mercenaries ( ORC) on the NATO base we where notified that they are coming.
and we had some advance over that attack, and there is no way that on this attack we got notifed by NATO patrol, since the NATO patrol wasn't that far away from base camp
in any way it mite have been overlapping missions between the forces in the game area.
The Brigade Team
B7, NATO, INDIA Company, 2 platoon
B8, NAF, 5th Battalion
B9, NAF, 3rd Ranger Battalion
B11, Blood Revens
B13, GCT, Special Parachute Infantry
B14, UPIR Infantry

Majk
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by Majk » 05 Jul 2009, 23:37

hezi: You are wrong. There's only 2 persons from B-E in direct contact with all fraction CO's and managing the game flow. I'm one of them and I keep contact with the other (Spof) at all times during the game so I can say for sure what you are saying is not true. The game is not scripted in the way you describe and I'm absolutely sure all CO's can confirm. Now, I'm done argue with you.
Chief of Security, Berget 13-16
Game Management, Berget 6-12
CO/Game Master SF, Berget 3 & 5
Recon for Gen. Crashek, Berget 4
CO Tjetcheny Rebels, Berget 2
Project Assistant, Berget 1

Tystnad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tystnad » 06 Jul 2009, 03:17

hezi: As I said earlier, my team were not a part of NATO, but we moved around on the small roads and in the vicinity of the NATO base as scouts on several occasions, with me reporting all finds directly to NATO HQ (Kris by phone). Most of the time, I just rang him up, asked if he had the time, left the intel and then hung up. Also note that we had atleast two cars more or less the whole time, one which always rolled under civilian flag, one which was about 50/50 NATO/civilian flagged.

I know I reported atleast two major encounters heading for NATO base, one which consisted of a larger group of ORC's that the team met while moving out of the base. Were you in NATO HQ, so you know if this was the encounter Im talking about, or were you in one of the platoons?
ODA-903 - Z312 http://www.oda903.se
B5 Sweden - Pt Co Alpha Tango
B6 NATO - Coy Co Bravo Company
B7 Medecins Sans Frontier, Anastesiologist