Squad leader communications

Discuss about all kinds of radio`s sutable for airsoft games.
J.Rautio
Newbee
Newbee

Squad leader communications

Post by J.Rautio » 23 Apr 2010, 09:04

Hi

I have a practical question about squad leaders communications. What is the best way to arrange communication with platoon leader and the rest of your squad? We have agreed to use PMR-radios for squad-platoon communications and we are also using PMRs in internal squad coms.

Sure I can setup my Cobra MT800 to listen two channels, but how to solve the transmit issue? I must be able to transmit to platoon channel, but how to be able to transmit to squad channel as well? Best solution I have come up with so far is having two radios. Any suggestions?

B.R
J.Rautio
Poldavian 1st inf bat. squad leader

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Re: Squad leader communications

Post by freno » 23 Apr 2010, 10:06

Somebody need to have two radios... Good solution is to have at least one programmable radio on squad-level. Pl-c will have BE-provided radios(LPD), and it seems to be alot chatting on PMR(sq-level). Pl-c listen on BE-Radio and sq-l change chanel or change radio to call his Pl-c...
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Brekkjern
Private
Private

Post by Brekkjern » 23 Apr 2010, 11:03

Here in norway we often use PRRs for squad level communications and a PMR attached to it. This way, you have one headset to listen to both radios, and two buttons to talk to either squad level or for the PMR.

spazzio
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by spazzio » 24 Apr 2010, 02:23

in our team BRAVO Co. I use 2 radios
navcomm with 5W power and multi chanel/frequency options as SL, HQ comunications (RTO) and second one (actually the same model with small antena) to squad communication.
First one with cable phone that i can pass it to squad leader, and second one with earphones. this combination let you
1. comunicate with squad
2. comunicate with HQ
3. pass radio to SL

Ober-Lix
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Ober-Lix » 19 Apr 2011, 12:20

Squad leaders are having to use mainly PMRs. Should you be looking for a good new one, look into the market place, I have one for sale.
B6 2nd Bat. CO NATO
B7 Batallion CO Milo´s Tigers
B8 Batallion CO NAF 5th Infantry
B9. Batallion CO NAF 1st Mech
B10 R&R
B11 lets see
War is the continuation of politics by other means. (Klausewitz)