New laws in Portugal (Airsoft included)

Feel free to talk about things regarding airsoft.
WhiteAce
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by WhiteAce » 23 Mar 2009, 11:50

Stuntman,

The new rules state that it is still posible to buy online... Does this mean that your online purchase is still unpainted and you have to paint it yourselves - is paint the only possible (according to rules) to make the barel and stock red? Or can other means be used to colorise your AEG?

legionaire
Private
Private

Post by legionaire » 30 Mar 2009, 07:00

WhiteAce wrote:Stuntman,

The new rules state that it is still posible to buy online... Does this mean that your online purchase is still unpainted and you have to paint it yourselves - is paint the only possible (according to rules) to make the barel and stock red? Or can other means be used to colorise your AEG?
Hi,
It must be colorized by indelible paint, or in other words: a paint that doesn't ever come out.
And the new rules don't state if it is mandatory for shops to have pre painted replicas.

conger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by conger » 09 Apr 2009, 17:51

Sorry to hear this also. Over the years, our sport has suffered from the constant threat of restriction and it's frustrating to know why as, for example, I do not see airsoft crime figures to directly support these restrictions.

In the meantime, the average player can only continue the good behaviour, common sense and disclipine that clearly represents our sport weekend after weekend.

Roll on Berget
B7 NATO Foxtrott 2:2 Squad Leader
Keep it slow and silent but when in contact, loud and violent!

vardemis
Major
Major

Post by vardemis » 09 Apr 2009, 19:25

sorry to hear that hope that will change as fast as possible :(

Keep hope !
berget5 Allied
berget6 Conrad's Mercs
berget7 car accident :(
berget8 NAF 3rd ranger
berget9 Money problem
Berget10 : NAF 3rd Ranger : Colossus Zero

STUNTMAN
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by STUNTMAN » 12 May 2009, 04:14

Ok guys, it's official, new gun law in Portugal starting 4th June:

Quoting the text law:

ag) «Fire arm Reproduction for sports similar to real guns classes A, B, B1, C e D, undeleted painted red or yellow fluorescents collors when hold in the hands very visible and with 5 cm starting the barrel (flash Hider) if a small gun (GBB or small machine gun like MP7 or MP5K) and full painted on grip, and 10 cm starting form the barrel (Flash Hider), in long guns (like AEG's and Snipers rifles), justo to avoid beeing misconfused with real guns.
Maximum 1,3 J for lower or equal calibers 6 mm compact projectils and 13 J for other calibers and gelatin projectils (paintball);"

Also, foreign players don't need to follow the law... just inform the federation about your visit and they inform the police.

LOLOLOLOL

In my country i'm a second class citizen!

So, 4th June will be like this:

If we don't do this, if we're caught, fine from 600 to 6000€, guns arrested and i visit to a court of law.

Only in Portugal.

STUNTMAN
BERGET VETERAN:

B5 - Allied Forces - Mech Brigd Echo Coy.
B6 - Nato Forces - Mech Brigd Foxtrot Coy
B7 - Nato Forces - Foxtrot Coy.
B8 - NAF 23rd - Foxtrot Coy
B9 - NAF 6th -Foxtrot Coy
B11 - GCT Taskforce SIDU - Foxtrot Coy

whiskey
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by whiskey » 12 May 2009, 12:15

Well, just get a single foreigner for every game, and in case of troubles all 200 people claim they borrowed the guns from that particular foreigner, who imported them just for that event...

Black Orbit
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Black Orbit » 12 May 2009, 12:56

whiskey wrote:Well, just get a single foreigner for every game, and in case of troubles all 200 people claim they borrowed the guns from that particular foreigner, who imported them just for that event...
ROFL!
So sad and true.
B6 - NATO - India - Platoon 1 - Section 1 - Wormbyte's Recon squad
B7 - NATO - India - Platoon 2 - Platoon Leader

conger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by conger » 27 May 2009, 15:00

OMG!!! I guess they can get dirty :o :o
B7 NATO Foxtrott 2:2 Squad Leader
Keep it slow and silent but when in contact, loud and violent!

WhiteAce
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by WhiteAce » 27 May 2009, 15:27

Stuntman. How about the terrains? Are there any ristrictions to the fileds you play? Like must they be shielded from outside so people passing by can't see what's going on inside? I know in Germany this is the case :|

And what if you cover the colours in these fields? Can that be done or will police come and visit/control at undsclosed times?

wingsofwrath
Corporal
Corporal

Post by wingsofwrath » 28 May 2009, 01:09

Look on the positive side: at least the law didn't get as bad as that in the Netherlands, where airsoft is completely illegal and you have to travel to Belgium to play...

Of course, I understand the worries the police might have about airsoft replicas being used for intimidation, but the logical step in preventing crimes committed with airsoft "weapons" would have been to pass a law that:
a) prohibits the open transport of firearms and realistic replicas-
fair enough, we always carry our replicas in bags anyway, so it doesn't really affect us in any way.
b) If you use a replica for nefarious purposes it will be treated as if it were a real firearm.
Still doesn't affect us, since we don't use our replicas to rob gas stations, and those who do should be in jail anyway.
And if an idiot really does try to rob a gas station with a toy and gets a bullet in the head as a result, it's his problem. He was pretending he had a real gun, the cops saw it as such, end of story.

From what I know the weapon laws in Portugal are very restrictive, so there's no real chance to get a real gun anyway. That means that, unlike the cops in the USA who know pretty much anybody can have access to a real Armalite (be it only semi-auto, that's enough for a good sized massacre) the policemen in Portugal are going to assume from the start that it's likely a toy, so the risk of their shooting first and asking questions later is rather low in any case.

Bottom line is: us airsofters from Romania are always complaining about the stupidity of our gun laws, even though they are pretty much as described above, and instead we should be happy our lawmakers didn't take Portugal as a model.

Kaiser
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kaiser » 28 May 2009, 14:43

Wings, with the acquired knowledge of the situation of Portugal i can say this.

In Portugal you can buy an illegal gun cheaper than lots of AEGs.

PORTUGUESE EXPEDITIONARY FORCES
B.E.7
FOX COY 1.1 Squad Leader
B.E.8
3rd NAF Rangers

!It's not how it starts... it's how it ends that matters!"

wingsofwrath
Corporal
Corporal

Post by wingsofwrath » 28 May 2009, 16:57

yikes!

:shock:

I always assumed it would be just as hard, if not even harder to do so than in my country, since your laws are tougher.
In Romania crimes using firearms are nearly nonexistent, with just a handful happening each year. And that's in the situation where one can easily obtain a fully functioning firearm from our Bulgarian neighbors (they have pretty relaxed laws regarding guns and black market weapons are pretty common there - also, since we're both EU members, the chances of a border control are slim)

I'm sorry for both the situation in your country and my misunderstanding it.

I hope you will get better laws soon.

STUNTMAN
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by STUNTMAN » 28 May 2009, 18:07

Here is our new pictures about the new law:

More to come, but we don't give up from airsoft.

STUNTMAN
BERGET VETERAN:

B5 - Allied Forces - Mech Brigd Echo Coy.
B6 - Nato Forces - Mech Brigd Foxtrot Coy
B7 - Nato Forces - Foxtrot Coy.
B8 - NAF 23rd - Foxtrot Coy
B9 - NAF 6th -Foxtrot Coy
B11 - GCT Taskforce SIDU - Foxtrot Coy

Geboren
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Geboren » 28 May 2009, 20:59

Hold on guys, you're right not giving up.

We also have new laws in Switzerland, but thank God, not like that for the moment..
http://www.oda541.com

B7 NATO Foxtrot 2 platoon leader
B8 NATO Foxtrott
B10 POL 3d Mountaineers 3d Coy, 1st Plt Leader
B11 Blood Ravens Recon Platoon Leader

WhiteAce
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by WhiteAce » 29 May 2009, 00:31

Geboren wrote:Hold on guys, you're right not giving up.

We also have new laws in Switzerland, but thank God, not like that for the moment..
Yeah... wish we had laws like yours over here in Holland... :?