German friends what is happening?

Feel free to talk about things regarding airsoft.
Shooter
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shooter » 12 May 2009, 07:24

Already done :)
I love the smell of napalm in the morning, it smells like... Victory!

B7: NATO BRAVO Coy, 3rd platoon

Stalker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Stalker » 12 May 2009, 15:26

Done
Berget 6 NATO Fox 4
Berget 7 NATO Fox 4
Berget 8 NAF 23 Fox 4
Berget 9 NAF 6 FOX 4
Berget 10 NAF 23 FOX4

Ober-Lix
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Ober-Lix » 13 May 2009, 09:58

News Flash ! The German government is united and has decided to forbid fighting games like paint ball. This is final !
What is going to happen with airsoft, nobody knows. It is to assume that airsoft will follow shortely.
B6 2nd Bat. CO NATO
B7 Batallion CO Milo´s Tigers
B8 Batallion CO NAF 5th Infantry
B9. Batallion CO NAF 1st Mech
B10 R&R
B11 lets see
War is the continuation of politics by other means. (Klausewitz)

WhiteAce
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by WhiteAce » 13 May 2009, 12:23

Please tell me you're joking... :|

CEF-Longsword_CZ
Corporal
Corporal

Post by CEF-Longsword_CZ » 13 May 2009, 13:11

What will be next? " Reeducation"camps for PC game player, as in Clockwork Orange? Failure of individuals is tragedy, but punished for this whole community, more better say innocent community, smell like Nazism or Communism...
I hope that German Paintball community raise their voices and show to politicians, that they are not willing to give up they sport, and that they are not easy target for political points in time of elections.
My hope is with You.
- per aspera ad astra -

Berget 6 - Squad leader - Conrad Mercenaries
Berget 7 - Platoon leader - Milo?s Tigers
Berget 8 - XXIII NAF

Shooter
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shooter » 13 May 2009, 13:16

Airsoft is more than just a sport, its a lifestyle. And they want to take it away from you. NOW is the time to resist, if we allow Germany to ban airsoft/paintball I believe other nations will follow unless all airsofters join up and protest to this, it's not much but it's all we can do. Today airsoft tomorrow the right of free speech. Starts to look a little bit like the novel 1984 to me :?

WhiteAce
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by WhiteAce » 13 May 2009, 14:20

As I can read on German newssites... It's true :( But there is a slight delay so people can adjust to the new laws.

Nevertheless... I suppose we go out to Germany and start a demonstration in support of this non usefull and out ot place law. Paintball nor airsoft or lasergames are the dangers for the future of safety at schools or any other public or non public place.

I'll ask around for such a demonstration...

Ober-Lix
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Ober-Lix » 13 May 2009, 15:13

WhiteAce wrote:Please tell me you're joking... :|
Arthur, I wish it was a joke but it is´nt. All parties in the government are united to banning all Fighting- or Wargames like paintball and lasergames.
Airsoft has so far not being mentioned yet but it is logical that it will follow.
We germans are asking ourselfs what country we are living in where more then 50 000 people are send into ilegallity. :twisted:
Our civil rights are more and more cut until we end up a policestaate again.

For all germans who will read this, think about who you are giving your vote in the summer election !
B6 2nd Bat. CO NATO
B10 R&R
B11 lets see

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 13 May 2009, 15:40

Decisions caused by emotions are the worst.
I dont think VCRA reduced criminal acts in the UK... nor will it stop frustrating youth in Germany or Finland to express their anxieties. These outbursts are just a reflection of our social state, where children are growing up in hostile environment on their own, nobody there to give them love and attention and where money is more important than happy family.
Alcohol, tobacco and cars kill far more people than guns do and practising those is not banned.

There isn't much german community will be able to do, this government decision has been made to distract public from obvious social errors (above) and anyone barking into this will be made an example to prove their right.
Enjoy airsoft where you still can, be grateful you can play it every game for itself, play it fair and with honour.
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 13 May 2009, 16:39

But surly, eating stuff will get hard i germany now? Becouse I saw that someown got stabed at a school in germany, so surly, the german goverment is deeply into the planning of banning ALL knives?
It is the same all over. Politicians want to show that they are doing something. So they ban something that is legal, becouse then they get results (law abiding people stopp doing what is now banned). But most of all, it does not COST anything.
If they were to actually look at the problem, and find out that what is really needed is for schools and puplic health org to pick up the danger signals given from youth that are off balanse and falling out of their sosial structure. They would have a problem, becouse that would mean having to care about the people they are supposed to be working for..and also, it would cost MONEY. And we sure as hell can have politicians solving things in a way that cost money...now can we?
"go to your God like a soldier!"

Shooter
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shooter » 13 May 2009, 16:44

Doesn't really understand their terms: Ban the fake ones but keeping the real deal! :shock:

Ober-Lix
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Ober-Lix » 13 May 2009, 18:12

LATEST NEWS ! One of the major politions in Germany has warned for making a quick shoot with this law. One has now decided to have a new report made looking with more detail into paintball and other wargames.
The question is, do these games make participants more agressive against others and does it cause injuries to other people.

A strong lobby is now building up against the governments decition from all sides and industry.
B6 2nd Bat. CO NATO
B10 R&R
B11 lets see

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 13 May 2009, 18:20

I'm a bit puzzled about this new german policy.

Has this legislation ban of paintball been based on episodes where innocent bystanders have been shot at or ditto? If the number of such irregular episodes involving paintball-markers - or "guns" as labelled by the illiterates - have increased or reached "critical mass" the legislation ban can be "explained".

Or are we dealing with a new generation of baby-powder-loving, slack-ass, "flower-power" politicians here? Needless to say these political animals often lack reality antennas and act beyond reason and factual consequences for the people they claim to represent.
Last edited by motorhead on 14 May 2009, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog

Shooter
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shooter » 13 May 2009, 18:59

Well thank you very much for keeping us updated Ober-Lix. You and the German airsofters are our eyes and ears on the subject, and at least this is somewhat good news. Let's hope this new report lead to positive results for all of you :wink:

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 13 May 2009, 23:06

I find this whole affair scary as hell.

Not because they are banning airsoft, a hobby which I personally enjoy, but because they are banning something they think cause dangerous ideas.
Even worse is the fact that they have already banned or restricted the sale of certain video games, and for all I know maybe movies too.

And when you say "A" it's so easy to say "B", what will be next? Music, books, poems or art?
Movies like the SAW-quantriplogy and music by people like 50-cent and Marilyn Manson probably makes people violent too.
Radical Muslims are violent at times also, will Islam be banned in Germany?
What about people who disagree with the government and have protests in the streets, that often leads to violence, will disagreeing with the government be illegal?
What about football or alcohol?

Germany has banned books and religions and stuff in the past, that didn't end well...

"Nations that trade liberty for security will deserve neither and lose both"

I like Germany, I don't want to see this happen.