European Airsoft Association?

Feel free to talk about things regarding airsoft.
Kaiser
Corporal
Corporal

European Airsoft Association?

Post by Kaiser » 11 May 2009, 13:30

Just a thought of mine...

What about the creation of an European Airsoft Association?

Tell me about what do you think about that idea.

I do not want any part of it, because i cant be part of any association of any kind.

But i thought of this idea as a good way to create stronger foundation for the European Airsoft Community.

Start deploying your ideas about this please.
Last edited by Kaiser on 11 May 2009, 14:06, edited 1 time in total.

PORTUGUESE EXPEDITIONARY FORCES
B.E.7
FOX COY 1.1 Squad Leader
B.E.8
3rd NAF Rangers

!It's not how it starts... it's how it ends that matters!"

WhiteAce
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by WhiteAce » 11 May 2009, 13:54

I'm in!!!

Kaiser
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kaiser » 11 May 2009, 14:09

I thought of this because of:

1- The new Gun Laws in Portugal, almost killing the sport.

2- The situation about paintball in Germany, do you really think that they won't come after Airsoft as well?

3- The Dutch Ban on airsoft, in Holland.

Many more cases will appear, if the Community won't stand up and say that it is enough... and start "teaching" about Airsoft to the rulers.

B.E.7
FOX COY 1.1 Squad Leader
B.E.8
3rd NAF Rangers

Murrdohk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Murrdohk » 11 May 2009, 14:59

I like this idea man and You could count me in as well. 8)
B7 - NATO Oscar 1 Alpha Infantry / Medic
B8 - Civilian Medic / Poldavion 3rd Mountaineers Echo Company
B9 - Poldavion 3rd Mountaineers 5th Platoon/Delta Squad Medic

Kaiser
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kaiser » 11 May 2009, 15:12

Airsofters...

Our European Community has players that are doctors, lawyers, judges, police officers, politicians, etc... etc... proheminent people capable of organising such a Association... let's all talk about this...

I don't want a "job", i just want to place the idea that, all together, we CAN make a difference.

B.E.7
FOX COY 1.1 Squad Leader
B.E.8
3rd NAF Rangers

Stalker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Stalker » 11 May 2009, 16:26

Good idea but it's a little bit tricky.There are two possible variants to keep the airsoft alive:
1.to initiate the appropriate regulations,once and for all
2.to react fast every time...

For both methods there must be strong organization and community.
Unfortunately its hard to create legal federation for example,because the airsoft is not recognized as a sport in many countries.
Berget 6 NATO Fox 4
Berget 7 NATO Fox 4
Berget 8 NAF 23 Fox 4
Berget 9 NAF 6 FOX 4
Berget 10 NAF 23 FOX4

WhiteAce
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by WhiteAce » 11 May 2009, 16:37

Well if so... and you're right by the way... Than all we need are paid members...
These can in such case be working on things coming along 24/7 :D They should be made able to do this as a full time job.
There also should be a good contact between the member countries through a contact person - preferably chosen from those individual countries as well.

What would be needed?
-Chairman
-Treaserer
-PR-man
-Layer
-Politician

These could all be paid through membership fees and sponsorship by the larger (?) airsoftshops. Maybe even some manufacterers could be sponsor to our case.
Members of this board should not come from sponsors, nor should they affiliated with an airsoft manufacterer of magazine.

How about this guys? Anybody knows anything about the legal (European) side of setting up a board like this?

Murrdohk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Murrdohk » 12 May 2009, 00:47

WhiteAce, I like the suggestion of getting larger airsoft shops and sponsors involved because face it, even if you have a couple thousand airsofters pay fees every year, will that be enough for everything involved with setting up and running an organization of this magnitude...especially if lawyers and politicians are involved? :?

Not only would it suck for us players if more countries started banning airsoft, but the larger air soft companies would have EVERYTHING to lose. If an organization like this were to ever get started, this is something that should be considered...not to extort money from the companies of course, but to help pay the costs of keeping them in business.
B7 - NATO Oscar 1 Alpha Infantry / Medic
B8 - Civilian Medic / Poldavion 3rd Mountaineers Echo Company
B9 - Poldavion 3rd Mountaineers 5th Platoon/Delta Squad Medic

Kaiser
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kaiser » 12 May 2009, 01:05

This is what i wanted... to see your point of view.

Well, when 10 is not enough... 2000 are not enough, maybe 100,000 will make a difference.

What is happening in Germany, already started in Portugal, but in a softer way...

First the paintings, only the muzzle, now the 10 cms of the barrel, and all of the chranestock, registered players in federations that the National Sports Association doesn't want to recognize...

In Portugal we're only about 10,000... and alone we can't fight it...

In Germany, the problem is the same... they think Airsoft, and Paintball are the cause of all EVIL... but they forget, that the parents let the kids play wargames online, blood and gore... stuff like that.

We, who play a game of milsim, polsim, we're not like that... we use Airsoft and Paintball to take the "load of our backs" not to train to kill people.

This E.A.A. could be a good thing... let's continue to talk about it.

B.E.7
FOX COY 1.1 Squad Leader
B.E.8
3rd NAF Rangers

Cptn_Norman
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Cptn_Norman » 12 May 2009, 03:14

Just an Idéa...

Norman
B8: Poldavian 15th Psyops ;)
B7: NATO - Commander, Military Police
B6: NATO - Commander, Military Police

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 12 May 2009, 19:43

i'm in guys :D
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: GFM HQ

Kaiser
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kaiser » 13 May 2009, 09:20

The most important thing would be for the national associations to be in daily contact... and to strengthen up their fellowship (of the riiing, my preeeciouuus).

I'm sure that when presented with this possibility by his Association, the Airsofter will surely accept.

And what is the possibility??? The payment of an extra fee of 20 euros per year, or 4 euros per month for the creation of the E.A.A.

Around Europe, we're about 120.000 or more... imagine if...

Good Management, good politics... and Airsoft could go really far.

By the way... the idea of Cpt Norman was really nice, a Star, with a point for every association united in the E.A.A.

Best Regards

B.E.7
FOX COY 1.1 Squad Leader
B.E.8
3rd NAF Rangers

Shooter
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shooter » 13 May 2009, 13:06

Sounds like a really good idea you've got there, I'm in
I love the smell of napalm in the morning, it smells like... Victory!

B7: NATO BRAVO Coy, 3rd platoon

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 13 May 2009, 13:32

The thing is, that before you can really start talking about a European association, you need to have national ones. Norway has one, but not all players in norway are members. You need to have a solide base in your country, and I know a lot of you are going to start screaming now..but you will also need some form of rules. That aply to all members.
This does not have to effect things like fps or medic rules. But it must govern the way clubs are run, and how the clubs relate to local and sentral goverment. As the only way we can keep our game, it to have a good cooperation with local leadership. And that the clubs are seen as a health stabel place for people to do their hobby. I am sure 99% of clubs has this allready, but it must be made official if we are going to stand up to politicians with short term popularty cases.
Also, and this might sound like really being a radical. But our fate is to some extent tied to Paintball. It might be a good idea to at least talk to the paintball associations also. I know a lot of them dont like us, and the other way round, but when it comes down to it, we are all really doing the same thing. And Paintball has managed to build a reputation as a respectable sport (mostly anyway). I am not saying we can just float on their labour, but we can at least get some support on the issues.

I am sure Norway will join a European association, but it will require that we all have national associations.
"go to your God like a soldier!"

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 13 May 2009, 15:26

Slovenia has two national associations afaik, at least one would be interested in taking part in EAA forming too.
Rules that are united to teams in the union are: fair play, handling and transport of airsoft equipment in public, obeying national laws that affect airsoft, positive oriented PR just to name the most important ones. It does not touch fps, roe and other details.

First step for EAA would be investigating similar associations on the continent i.e. sport-shooting ass', hunting ass' etc. Then work out a propper programme and register that in Brussels or wherever it's done.

It should be an association of associations, federation, unions however you call it, not individual teams or god forbid players...
my2c
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia