Question about shipping AEG's

Feel free to talk about things regarding airsoft.
Mostly Bruised

Question about shipping AEG's

Post by Mostly Bruised » 29 Jul 2009, 17:47

hello everyone, first forum post for me - hoping to attend my first Berget in 2010. Quick question, as this'll be my first time leaving england for a game I just wondered if anyone has any advice regarding getting your shooters through customs? I had a friend at work who had ~£1500 worth of paintball guns seized and destroyed trying to get them to the US (even though he had them all properly registered with the proper documents for shipping) and don't really want the same thing to happen to me.

Also, is it true sleeping with your batteries makes them last longer? :shock:

thanks

SWATTELAPESCA-UFO
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SWATTELAPESCA-UFO » 29 Jul 2009, 18:11

It must know law of every country where you are going with ASG (paintball have some difference in some country, f.e. in Italy is forbidden).
Importing paintball marker/ASG in own country maybe is regulated or forbidden. You can buy everything in the world, but not everything can reach your home!
Best way to bring own ASG is to send with a parcel service company. No custom trouble.
Some air company let bring ASG with baggage (like SAS f.e.), not Ryanair!
I suggest to write your question also in British section of forum, your compatriot can say how they have organized transport of ASG.
I do not have the truth in my pocket, but neither you!

www.navyseal.it ________________________
B7 - NATO - Lima Coy - Sierra 7 - Support

elanaiba
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by elanaiba » 29 Jul 2009, 23:12

Since you are shipping UK to Sweden, so its inside the EU, make sure you send through ground mail, 2-3 weeks in advance of the game for a fast courier.

Shouldn't have any trouble with customs but of course check with other Englishmen.
elanaiba aka Tomcat aka Dan:
B7 - Milo's Tigers; Rode with Robman on his Epic infiltration
B8 - Poldavian Psy Ops - Bash; I shot down Kartoon and Ollie - the contaminated Polies
B10 - Poldavian Force Recon - Raven 2 SQL