Berget camping/base questions

Feel free to talk about things regarding airsoft.
EagleDriver
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Berget camping/base questions

Post by EagleDriver » 25 May 2011, 15:41

Since this is my first time attending, I wanted to check to see how the tents are set up. Do we just sleep on the ground in a large tent? I have a Bivy sac for mosquito protection that goes around my sleeping bag. If I can stake it into the ground then I can keep the netting off of my legs too (it is only as large as my sleeping bag so staking it down does not take up any additional room and does not have to hang.)

Is there electricity at each tent for charging batteries or would it be only in a central area for the base? I have outlet adapters for the car if not but from what I understand it is a long walk to the parking area (and I do not think that Europcar would like me to take my rental car ingame!)

Is there food for purchase for breakfast/lunch/dinner at the camp? I will be bringing some MRE's for the field but I am just trying to plan so that I can minimize what I pack on the flight to Stockholm.

Thank you for your help!
B9 NAF, 3rd Ranger Btn, 2IC B4 Company
B10 NAF Guy who talks all day to the cute girls serving the food in base.

Abbe
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Abbe » 25 May 2011, 16:06

Hi!

If you are to sleep in a berget provided tent you will sleep in a large tent on the ground.

And there will be a charging place in central of your camp, at berget 7 we had like 4 generators, but in berget 8 we had only one in HQ. so you dont have to go all the way to safezone.

In large camps there will be a kiosk were you can buy hamburgers with more, but there is a ICA supermarket about 1 km from safezone were you can buy food and other things.
Berget 7: Yuri orlovs merceneries
Berget 8: Poldavian 3rd mountaineers
Berget 9: Poldavian 1st Mechanized Battalion
Berget 10: Poldavian 15th sapper & pioneers
Berget 12: Yuris heavy mechnized unit

Jin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jin » 25 May 2011, 17:36

Abbe wrote:but there is a ICA supermarket about 1 km from safezone were you can buy food and other things.
But please keep you gears and weapons at Berget area,before you go to mall :)

At B8 it was a generator at HQ,but all plugs was busy all the time,i hope this time will be more of them.
And be sure you take 110v/220v (US/EU) adapter with you
EagleDriver wrote:Since this is my first time attending, I wanted to check to see how the tents are set up. Do we just sleep on the ground in a large tent? I have a Bivy sac for mosquito protection that goes around my sleeping bag. If I can stake it into the ground then I can keep the netting off of my legs too (it is only as large as my sleeping bag so staking it down does not take up any additional room and does not have to hang.)
Thank you for your help!
There is no space for Bivy sac for mosquito protection in the tents or i will be if tent is not fully occupied
Berget 8: 23nd NAF - Fox 5
Berget 9: Poldavian 3rd Montaineers, 1st coy, 2nd PLTC
Berget 10: Poldavian 3rd Montaineers

hezi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Berget camping/base questions

Post by hezi » 25 May 2011, 19:41

Hi,
I'll try to answer your questions
EagleDriver wrote:Since this is my first time attending, I wanted to check to see how the tents are set up. Do we just sleep on the ground in a large tent? I have a Bivy sac for mosquito protection that goes around my sleeping bag. If I can stake it into the ground then I can keep the netting off of my legs too (it is only as large as my sleeping bag so staking it down does not take up any additional room and does not have to hang.)
the tent is big enough for 10-12 people,
yes we do sleep on the ground,
yes you can use your Bivy sac for mosquito protection, there is enough place in the tent for it.
EagleDriver wrote: Is there electricity at each tent for charging batteries or would it be only in a central area for the base? I have outlet adapters for the car if not but from what I understand it is a long walk to the parking area (and I do not think that Europcar would like me to take my rental car ingame!)
there will be electrical outlet to charge your battery's in the main base of the NAF,
but keep it mind that we will be sharing all the base electricity / toilet /and other facility with all our friends in the NAF side, since we are in the same base.
the distence to the car parking isn't that big, it's no more then 200-300 meters.
EagleDriver wrote: Is there food for purchase for breakfast/lunch/dinner at the camp? I will be bringing some MRE's for the field but I am just trying to plan so that I can minimize what I pack on the flight to Stockholm.
first there will be Berget kiosk to buy food at the main base,
second, there is in very near by a supermarket where you can re-supply

I'm looking forword for Beregt morning toast and hamburgers.... :)
The Brigade Team
B7, NATO, INDIA Company, 2 platoon
B8, NAF, 5th Battalion
B9, NAF, 3rd Ranger Battalion
B11, Blood Revens
B13, GCT, Special Parachute Infantry
B14, UPIR Infantry

Danrog
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Danrog » 25 May 2011, 22:13

Question about the Tents and the Safezone
The Rules say don t store gear in the Tents ok
is it Allowed to bring my own small 2 men Tent in Camo as are Storagde Tent ? I mean i don t want my gear in front of the Tent all the time especial when it beginns to rain

thanks

Cosmo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Cosmo » 25 May 2011, 22:37

Where is this 'no gear inside the tent' coming from? I've been to B7 and B8 and we have always kept our gear inside, and we have always seen other people do it too.
B10 - NAF23 - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon - Second Squad
B9 - NAF6 - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon
B8 - NAF23 - Foxtrot Company - Third Platoon - Bravo Squad
B7 - NATO - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon - Bravo Squad

Trickz
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Trickz » 26 May 2011, 01:46

dont want to open another topic for this question, prices for canned goods at the ICA are cca?

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 26 May 2011, 07:11

Usually around 10-15 SEK per can

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Crapgame » 26 May 2011, 09:05

it can be between 10-50SEK depending on what you want.
but i know one 800g can of Euroshopper Ravioli in tomatosauce goes for about 8-10 SEK :)
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech
B18: GCT Mech
Swedish & Finnish: living/working in Finland

skinner
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by skinner » 26 May 2011, 10:02

Cosmo wrote:Where is this 'no gear inside the tent' coming from? I've been to B7 and B8 and we have always kept our gear inside, and we have always seen other people do it too.
Here: http://berget-events.com/?page=events&sub=berget9&s=4
Your gear should be stored under a tarp outside the tent during the night.
Reading this literally, I may assume that during the day you may fold your sleeping bag and to leave your gear inside the tent instead of it during the day.
A riflescope reticle is also someone's point of view
Berget-8 - NAF 5th Infantry Battalion
Berget-9 - NAF 3rd Ranger Battalion
Berget-10 - NAF 3rd Ranger Battalion
Berget-12 - will wear Multicam

Ober-Lix
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Ober-Lix » 26 May 2011, 11:36

Gentlemen,
where is the problem of arranging yourself with your mates in the tent. There is NO rule to keep your gear outside, besides that you should have your gun next to you on R&R. You can clear your stuff in the tent to a smaller storage once you out on action.

If you bring your houshold with everything but the kitchen sink. You got a problem ! :lol:
B6 2nd Bat. CO NATO
B7 Batallion CO Milo´s Tigers
B8 Batallion CO NAF 5th Infantry
B9. Batallion CO NAF 1st Mech
B10 R&R
B11 lets see
War is the continuation of politics by other means. (Klausewitz)