Future suggestion for Armbands

Feel free to talk about things regarding airsoft.
[JH]crazydog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by [JH]crazydog » 23 Jun 2011, 18:38

Tor wrote:Please, can we change the civilian armband to only a single color next year.
This year I have to fire up the sewing machine again.

It's hard to find green/white striped velcro you know :)
use a black one or a white one that fits for all fractions
Jarheads never die, they just go to hell to regroup

Berget 10 -
Berget 9 - Freno's XO
Berget 8 - PSYOPS XO
Berget 7 - Yuri Orlov's Mercs HQ-Staff
Berget 6 - Conrad's Mercs XO

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 23 Jun 2011, 23:51

Black is common for MP.
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

DutchWolf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by DutchWolf » 13 Jul 2011, 21:14

Waldo wrote:The problem is, that there will be a lot of confusion if we cancel the armbands. there are a lot of camo patterns that are ok for one side, but they look similar to another side (for example the italian vegetata can be confused with a desert pattern)

But i think this is a matter to be discussed in another thread.
A_Muller wrote:Just ONLY allow US 3 Color DCU and US Woodland BDU and you've got no, zip, zero, nada, nil confucion on what team you're in.
I recon we could better have 'US Woodland' vs Multicam or ACU or something, 'cause 3 colour DCU isn't really suitable for the enviroment.

Even the current limitations shouldn't be a problem. I for one never had an issue identifying other players (and I don't really bother looking for the armband usually).

Maybe vehicles would still need flags, but I really see no practical reasons for players to be required an armband.
B09 - NAF - 6th Airborne - FOX4
B10 - NAF - 23rd Infantry - FOX2.1 Radio Operator

jurgen975
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by jurgen975 » 13 Jul 2011, 23:22

I think that most people how come to Berget already have to buy a new uniform so instead of allowing all kinds of different desert colour uniforms just pick one or 2 for each side ,i do agree with dutchwolf i almost never look to the armband to so...?
B7- NATO, India Com, 2nd Platoon, SL 2nd Squad
B8-NAF 5 th Battalion,TL
B9-Due to a gun mailfunction had to leave the game
B10-Company Commander Alpha Company 3 rd Ranger Battalion

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 14 Jul 2011, 07:03

DutchWolf wrote: I recon we could better have 'US Woodland' vs Multicam or ACU or something, 'cause 3 colour DCU isn't really suitable for the enviroment.
I wore DCUs and Tan/Khaki colored gear, worked wonders. I was undetected a helluva lot more than most people in MC, UCP (ACU), etc.

(Besides, both UCP and Multicam is so disgusting that me puking over flecktarn is still nicer :P )
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

Robin-Hood
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Robin-Hood » 14 Jul 2011, 15:09

DCUs worked fine...

If you got seen wearing DCUs it's your own fault for not being sneaky and using proper concealment.

Personally I don't think patterns like Multicam & Vegetata should be allowed, they somewhat defeat the point of a camo restriction.

DutchWolf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by DutchWolf » 14 Jul 2011, 19:13

Comment about DCU was 'cause I saw my teammates wearing DCU alot better then those wearing multicam etc.

Then Woodland/Flecktarn/?? vs DCU/MC/ACU....
or even just the current restrictions works fine for me, point is: armbands should be abolished.
B09 - NAF - 6th Airborne - FOX4
B10 - NAF - 23rd Infantry - FOX2.1 Radio Operator

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 14 Jul 2011, 20:58

Too many different patterns just looks dumb (a unified bunch is always better looking, and we all know that at least 30% of airsoft is a fashion show) and as long as you know how to move and how to conceal yourself by blending in the the environment then standard DCU and BDUs are more than enough.

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 14 Jul 2011, 21:46

But that means my team and I (and many others) will have to buy new Woodland or DCU-kit. And as airsoft is, as you said, a fashion show, this includes new vests and correct weapons and all that.

Worst of all, that would mean I would not be able to play with the kit and weapons I love and have spent a lot of money on.
And for me, that would mean no Berget.

I am sure many others would feel the same way.

Stricter uniform rules is not something I am against per se, but it does lead to a smaller game with fewer participants. It's more of a niche thing.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Robin-Hood
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Robin-Hood » 15 Jul 2011, 00:11

Just throw on your regular gear over a different pair of BDUs...

If you insist on wearing a full impression then that's your choice. If you're NAF you probably have some CB/Khaki/Tan gear anyway, equivalent goes for Poldavians. I don't see the issue, it's just picky imo.

Hell_Viking
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Hell_Viking » 15 Jul 2011, 00:58

real soldiers don't cange their gear just because the AO changed ! They just use the same rig uver the other BDU.
And aren't we trying to look like soldiers with all this gear on us ? No Real soldier gives a rats ass if the new medic pouch is OD, Multicam, Tan , CB - If it's a good pouch he'll just slap it on .
K638

"Speak trough action"

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 15 Jul 2011, 07:02

Panzergraf wrote:But that means my team and I (and many others) will have to buy new Woodland or DCU-kit. And as airsoft is, as you said, a fashion show, this includes new vests and correct weapons and all that.

Worst of all, that would mean I would not be able to play with the kit and weapons I love and have spent a lot of money on.
And for me, that would mean no Berget.

I am sure many others would feel the same way.

Stricter uniform rules is not something I am against per se, but it does lead to a smaller game with fewer participants. It's more of a niche thing.
Buying a used DCU or woodland BDU kit (pants and shirt) is around 40 USD off ebay, it's one of the cheapest sets of camo out there and if having to wear your regular weaponry and gear over a normal BDU is seriously stopping you from berget then I really don't know what to say; people travel all the way from new zeeland via kina, having to BUY full gear for the event since they can't own SEGs in their country and you'd be upset over having to buy the cheapest set of camo around?

oh dear...

cSalinas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by cSalinas » 03 Jan 2012, 17:13

So is it possible to get an squared patch to wear on the arm as armband or not?
"What doesnt kill you, hurts like hell."

Berget 12 - Ravens
Berget 10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers
Berget 9 - NAF 1st Mechanized Infantry Battalion
Berget 8 - Civilians, Sixth Mercs
Berget 7 - Yuri Orlovs Mercinaries (ORC)

PANZERFAUST [PzF]

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 03 Jan 2012, 19:02

Then the camo for berget 10 should be Norwegian woodland vêr Norwegian desert. So all the guys with US and what ever kit, need to buy new uniforms.....

You will never make 2000 airsofters use 2 or 3 types of uniforms. People do put a lot of money and effort into their kit, so they like to use that kit when they have a chance to play at a major event.

The woodland/desert split with a option for OD has worked fine, and I don't believe that needs to change. Armbands are not really something I believe in either, but I don't mind having one on.
"go to your God like a soldier!"

Klings
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Klings » 04 Jan 2012, 23:20

i'd say we enforce two types of helmets, so `players can be identified 100% all the time. Camo have never solved any ID problems? i remeber Berget 7 so well, vegetato shot vegetato.. blue on blue is common if you look up statistics for wars throug history and to this day. Even million dollars of technology found in modern misiles and fighter jets can not remove the fog of war and friendly fire incidents.

I don't mind wearing a bright red armband, or blue... i've worn both. thet are just as realistic as the engineer arband and rank insigias made by BE etc.

It works, why change a winning team?

So back to those helmets. two types, one for Poldavia and one for naf. Civilians can wear bandanas.
Poldavia: Image
NAF: Image
Civ: Image

Now even colorblind people can join :)
68th Poldavian Strategic Submarine Group
www.facebook.com/TeamFlecktarn