The BAVS Bunkers (Suply points)

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

The BAVS Bunkers (Suply points)

Post by Berget-events » 04 Jul 2011, 08:50

Please give us some feedback on the field usage of those. We got GSM reports which team that hold them och how much points each side got.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

D-Cycle
Private
Private

Post by D-Cycle » 04 Jul 2011, 09:28

IMHO they are very good. It gave the game some more points of interest than just the bases and Janco - and the points-system gave them real playing value to capture.

On next Berget I would like to see more strategic points and want to see the bases as off-game areas instead. People tend to spend their time on base when they are to tired of playing, or they get commanded to base duty which isn't too popular.
ODA-903 - Z30 | http://www.oda903.se
B4: NATO - Zulu Squad
B5: NATO - Zulu Squad
B7: Liburania Liberal Media - Press reporter.
B9: Poldavian - 3:rd Mountaineers. 6-3.

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 04 Jul 2011, 10:42

D-Cycle wrote:On next Berget I would like to see more strategic points and want to see the bases as off-game areas instead. People tend to spend their time on base when they are to tired of playing, or they get commanded to base duty which isn't too popular.
I do second this motion.
On one occation I even had to jump out of the shower, drag on my underwear and dash out with my shotgun, and this was after a 11-hour mission. The attack led to me not getting any sleep that night, sure I don't really mind, but I understand that people in my position would mind which would later have a negative impact on game participation or morale.
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

DutchWolf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by DutchWolf » 05 Jul 2011, 00:38

A_Muller wrote:
D-Cycle wrote:On next Berget I would like to see more strategic points and want to see the bases as off-game areas instead. People tend to spend their time on base when they are to tired of playing, or they get commanded to base duty which isn't too popular.
I do second this motion.
On one occation I even had to jump out of the shower, drag on my underwear and dash out with my shotgun, and this was after a 11-hour mission. The attack led to me not getting any sleep that night, sure I don't really mind, but I understand that people in my position would mind which would later have a negative impact on game participation or morale.
And I object.
The constant threat of an attack on the base gave me a more 'ingame' feeling even when resting. Plus it's optional, plenty of people just went offgame during the attacks.
And I rekon harrassing the enemy base 'till three in the morning is a sound strategy to get their overal combat effectiveness / morale the next day which just adds more depth to the game.

My €0.02
B09 - NAF - 6th Airborne - FOX4
B10 - NAF - 23rd Infantry - FOX2.1 Radio Operator

BetaCat
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by BetaCat » 05 Jul 2011, 01:10

D-Cycle wrote: On next Berget I would like to see more strategic points and want to see the bases as off-game areas instead. People tend to spend their time on base when they are to tired of playing, or they get commanded to base duty which isn't too popular.
I do not agree with that one. I do not mind the attacs in the middle of the night. And yes, we did have those against our base a few minutes before game off. Some Poldavians may recall seeing some Finns in their underwear while attacking the Firm base at (thursday/friday)night. :) We didn't mind, we felt that attack only cheering us up! Thank you for that! (Although we were a bit dissappointed that you didn't attack us again at next morning when the game was back on again.) :)

If someone don't wan't to participate the defending of ones base at night, he/she can put a dead rag on or stay inside at ones tent. (even that isn't safe everytime. At one incident when our camp was almost empty, some Poldavians raided the camp and threw two Tornado grenades inside one tent. And for the information, there were one person in that tent sleeping. :evil: Fortunately he wasn't hurt or hit, and he even knifekilled that attacker, who was dragged away by a Poldavian medic. )

I understand that there are always someone broking the rules but come on! Anyways, we all had great time at Berget and we'll be surely at Berget next year hopefully enjoying some nightly attacks as well!
B9 - The Firm / Zansian
B10: Zansian "Black guard" Infantry Battalion
B11: UA17
B12: PMC Unisec
B14: UPIR
B15: UPIR
B17: I'll be there

JKangas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by JKangas » 05 Jul 2011, 07:59

+1 on folks saying that bases should be in-game. BE rules provide 6 hours of down-time every night and no one mandates you to participate in defense. That is IMO a good compromise between all-out 24h game and "milsim lite" with completely off-game bases.
B8: 1st Poldavian, 1st Coy, Fox Sq. 3
B9: The Firm, Zansian Sq. K, Pizza Delivery Guy
B10: Zansian 1st Coy, Alpha Pl, 1st Sq.
B11: Raven Guerilla Mursu Coy, Alpha Pl, Alpha Sq.
B13: Ikaros Mursu Coy, 1st Pl, 1st Sq. "Front Squat - Etukyykky"
B15: NAF FINBAT Air Cav, Fox 3 Pl.

Buffel
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Buffel » 05 Jul 2011, 08:50

+1 to bases being in-game.
Strike 1 for wildlife: Cape Buffalo are said to have killed more big game hunters than any other animal :D

Berget 9: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 10: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 05 Jul 2011, 08:53

To be perfectly honest it's a bit of a game/storykiller if the main bases are attacked by large forces over and over again, it just makes the whole game feel like a regular attack and defend sunday trigger time game instead of a large-scaled scenario game.

More points of interest on the map as well as forward bases would increase my overall game experince to be completely honest.

Saveli_M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Saveli_M » 05 Jul 2011, 09:29

BetaCat wrote: Some Poldavians may recall seeing some Finns in their underwear while attacking the Firm base at (thursday/friday)night. :) We didn't mind, we felt that attack only cheering us up! Thank you for that! (Although we were a bit dissappointed that you didn't attack us again at next morning when the game was back on again.) :)
Yeah, I was soooooo dissapointed in the morning because nobody did arrive.
I was waiting fully geared at 08:30 and hoping for some Poldavians to make a comeback :P
"Do not worry, I've got closegrinder right here!"
B8 - Poldavian 1st Inf. Medic / APC Crew
B9 - The FIRM / Zansian B04 / Van Crew
B10 - Zanzian "Black Guard" Infantry Btt.
B11 - GCT Taskforce / Echo-Niner
B12 - --- SPAM !!! ---

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 05 Jul 2011, 09:43

stick to topic!
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Saveli_M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Saveli_M » 05 Jul 2011, 09:55

Oh, sorry bout that, just got exited a bit :)

ANYWAY: I did visit only once at the bunker near Deagas and then there was nobody around. Bunker itself were builded fine, it was pretty hard to see if there was somebody inside, so it did provide an exellent cover, from bb's and eyes.

I think that maybe Janco shouded have a bunker (for UN) at edge of town, so UN players coulded use it due being outnumbered.
"Do not worry, I've got closegrinder right here!"
B8 - Poldavian 1st Inf. Medic / APC Crew
B9 - The FIRM / Zansian B04 / Van Crew
B10 - Zanzian "Black Guard" Infantry Btt.
B11 - GCT Taskforce / Echo-Niner
B12 - --- SPAM !!! ---

slidnert
Newbee
Newbee

Post by slidnert » 05 Jul 2011, 13:26

+1 to in-game bases. It´s a better feeling.
Varg Paket

B8 - Medic - Pol. 3rd Mountaineers
B9 - Platoon Leader - Pol. 1st Mechanized
B10 - Squad Leader - Pol. 3rd Mountaineers
B11 - GCT World Police

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 05 Jul 2011, 13:57

Which is why I'm suggesting forward bases (firebases), just like you'd have in any real combatzone.
EDIT:
You'd NEVER have your main bases so close together in any modern day conflict, thus the usage of firebases that has unit rotations.
Last edited by A_Muller on 05 Jul 2011, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

Cuby
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Cuby » 05 Jul 2011, 14:14

I loved the idea with the bunkers and other points of interest. Would be great if we could have some more, and as A_Muller said, forward bases
B9: NAF 6th Airborne Infantry Battalion, Dingo Company, Dingo Recon
B10: Held back from game cause of work :'(

Danrog
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Danrog » 10 Jul 2011, 19:26

Baseattack (damn i love this word since Berget) i think we have no Time without a Baseattack for Information i played on UN side and when we have 10 min without attack we know ok people slowly go to some better def Positions they come in the next 5 min
For me this was REALLY REALLY GREAT
Damn we Losing the complet time but we make a good fight (and we Hold the Fucking Position until saturday i think 10 o clock or something like that)

and for the we want a complet on game base
as i know in the first Berget there were the bases on-game the complet time problem was many people dont sleep when game-on so they get Zombis on Friday this is why BE make the Off-Game Rule and i think this is better
yes on-game is more realistic but Truly in reality you have not only 63 men Like we have and there you gamble with your Life and not with a HIT so better off-game for 6h