The BAVS hit reccivers on cars.

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
Os
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Os » 04 Jul 2011, 18:05

I rented the 40mm bav grenade and it worked good in taking oute enemy cars.
Only problem was that it doesnt fitt the m203. This was solwed whit tape.

Its almoust a must to use the bav system for a good game flow, but some ppl handt read the rules and jump out in front of our car trying to spray loads of bb on the windscreen. That was bad. Nextime this must be clear to all players that bavs is the only way to stop a car.
Berget 6 Nato
Berget 7 nato
Berget 8 Poldavian 1st
Berget 9 Poldavian 1st Mec

Lokke
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lokke » 04 Jul 2011, 21:52

"Medic" /repair vehicle

Players has medics, why not cars?

Think about it ;)
Berget 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ,13, 14. 15. Soon 16

Lokke

www.ostfoldmilsim.no
fb: Ostfoldmilsim

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 04 Jul 2011, 22:01

Because a car hit by a 40mm HEDP grenade will be impossible to repair.
See what a normal HE round does to a fuel tanker?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5q5Wnhj ... re=related

Imagine the armor piercing one on a normal car...
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

Os
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Os » 04 Jul 2011, 22:03

A_Muller wrote:Because a car hit by a 40mm HEDP grenade will be impossible to repair.
See what a normal HE round does to a fuel tanker?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5q5Wnhj ... re=related

Imagine the armor piercing one on a normal car...
Lol have you seen what happens to ppl when they are shot?
Berget 6 Nato
Berget 7 nato
Berget 8 Poldavian 1st

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 04 Jul 2011, 22:10

I have, my friend took an AK round through the back of his head. He's now on his 2rd tour to afghanistan after also having pulled one in Iraq.

Os
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Os » 04 Jul 2011, 22:15

A_Muller wrote:I have, my friend took an AK round through the back of his head. He's now on his 2rd tour to afghanistan after also having pulled one in Iraq.
I think you know what i ment, didnt take a 2 minute visit to the hospital to fix youre friends head i belive....
Would be nice to Heal/repair cars, give engineers more stuff to do, 5 min heal time maby.
Berget 6 Nato
Berget 7 nato
Berget 8 Poldavian 1st

Lokke
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lokke » 04 Jul 2011, 22:47

Engineers able to heal cars is a good idea.

They would need to carry a pretty heavy repair kit.

I thought of a repair car, but why not engineers.

Maybe each car could Cary such a kit? Only engineers able to repair.

Important to give engineers good assignments! 15 minutes?

Lokke

www.ostfoldmilsim.no

Baron
Captain
Captain

Post by Baron » 04 Jul 2011, 22:53

Panzergraf wrote:Some launchers have longer range too, it seems. On saturday we were taken out at 80m by the UN Checkpoint. Our launcher was measured to an exact 50m range at OP Pinky in Norway last year.
Where you the two cars that came up the North Checkpoint and than reversed as we brought up an AT gun from the base? As you reversed a soldier grabbed the gun and ran down towards you?
In return you drove forward and the gunner shoot BB's at us.

If it was that incident where we than had to huddle inside the Checkpoint "bunker" for protection.

We tried to hit the vehicles from the bunker but no sound came so after about 7 rockets or so I ask for a try.

I shoot one and fail. Reloading.
I press my face against the side of the AT4 and aim with the front of the barrel so the reciever on your car vanishes just slightly. Pull the trigger and the reciever sends out an alarm for hit.

How do you measure how far the BAV weapons can range? Cause I do agree that it was a good distance.
B15: Platoon Commander (NAF Mech)
B14: Platoon Commander (NAF Mech)
B13: Commander (GCT Mech)
B12: Platoon Commander (UniSec Mech)
B11: Medic (GCT)
B10: Medic (PSYOPS)
B9: Medic (UN)
B8: Medic (PSYOPS) - Civilian Medic
B7: Medic (Nato)
B6: Medic (United Nations)
B5: Medic (Swedish Forces)

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 05 Jul 2011, 04:49

Yeah, that was us!
I was the gunner firing at you :)

During the first day, we had slowly approached your checkpoint while I used a laser range finder to confirm the range so we could stay outside of the 50m BAVS-range, so when you finally scored a hit on us on saturday we knew we were about 80m away from you and thought we were safe. Obviously that was not the case ;)

This 50m range was measured last year here in Norway with Tiger's receiver and launcher, by slowly approaching the target while measuring the range until it's close enough for a hit. IIRC 53m was too far, but at 49m it worked.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 05 Jul 2011, 08:44

Os wrote:
A_Muller wrote:I think you know what i ment, didnt take a 2 minute visit to the hospital to fix youre friends head i belive....
Would be nice to Heal/repair cars, give engineers more stuff to do, 5 min heal time maby.
Nah, it took 3 days until he was back out doing combat patrols.
We all know people have survived all kinds of trauma, and can be fixed up by a medic as well in the field and keep going. But if you've really seen a regular car survive an 40mm HEDP round I'd love to see the evidence ;)

I still think that a 1-2 hr respawn is too short for a taken out vehicle, and thus would never endorse anything that would significally shorten that time.

Lokke
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lokke » 05 Jul 2011, 18:24

A_Muller wrote: I still think that a 1-2 hr respawn is too short for a taken out vehicle, and thus would never endorse anything that would significally shorten that time.
Maybe, but then the Bavs needs to be less effective. Its not easy to hit a moving vehicle real steel.

Lokke

www.ostfoldmilsim.no

Ymmer
Private
Private

Post by Ymmer » 05 Jul 2011, 20:07

A_Muller wrote:
Os wrote:
A_Muller wrote:I think you know what i ment, didnt take a 2 minute visit to the hospital to fix youre friends head i belive....
Nah, it took 3 days until he was back out doing combat patrols.
We all know people have survived all kinds of trauma, and can be fixed up by a medic as well in the field and keep going. But if you've really seen a regular car survive an 40mm HEDP round I'd love to see the evidence ;)

I still think that a 1-2 hr respawn is too short for a taken out vehicle, and thus would never endorse anything that would significally shorten that time.

How can you even compare a real life situation with your friend being shot through the head to an airsoft game, and if he was shot through the head he would be dead, have you seen the damage an AK round dose? He certianly wouldnt be going on patrols after 3 days.

And what do you expect will happen next year when there are even more BAV's in the field, the game is going to end up with the cars renderd useless for everything but transport. Shall we all bring APC's to make it "real" should everyone wanting to be mechaniced make a wooden shell around our cars to make them look like a m113 (or a BTR 60 for the matter), just to satisfy the need for "realism".

The way i see it, is that the car itself should be armored because it stops the bbs from penetrating, cant you just imagine that the Bavs 40mm is your dear HEDP. There is a system to take out cars and its pretty easy (learned that this year), why complicate things with what is real in war when this is Airsoft.

The last thing, respawn system was ok, could even be shorter, if they make it longer mechanized will be stuck in base all day. allthough it should only be shorter if the amount of bavs increases.
B7 NATO
B8 Poldavian 3rd Montaineers
B9 Poldavian 1st Mechanized

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 05 Jul 2011, 20:08

From 30m at a speed of 30km/h? that's pretty easy IMO.
But I do agree that there needs to be more levels of the BAVS.

40mm, LAW/RPG-7, Carl Gustav and AT4 with all different resetting times, accurracy as well as damage done per hit.

Or maybe toss in a "randomizer" that, depending on weapon type, has a higher or lower chance to score a penetrating hit on a vehicle with a certain type of armor?

Furey
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Furey » 06 Jul 2011, 00:45

I too had trouble with NAF staying alive inside a 'destroyed' vehicle. More clarity required.

BAVS on the building roofs and sentry towers might have been good. In the UK we would just get close and grenade these positions but at berget you could not do this. As such the people hiding slowed down attacks in an unrealistic way and took longer to take out than necessary. Perhaps in buildings it should only kill the roof occupants.

More purchasing options would be very nice, such as buy 40mm or rent rpg/law. I would love to purchase the IR inner parts to fit them to my de-act M72.

Why didnt the bavs hits cause smoke or explosion like in the video?

Very cool system though, it enhanced my game for sure.

Hell_Viking
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Hell_Viking » 06 Jul 2011, 01:27

. Shall we all bring APC's to make it "real" should everyone wanting to be mechaniced make a wooden shell around our cars to make them look like a m113 (or a BTR 60 for the matter), just to satisfy the need for "realism".

Yes please! Realism isn't a bad thing. Realism is the reason why we are wearing all the stuff we do. If it haden't been for realism we would all run around in PJs and a belt with ten highcaps.. Or am i wrong ?
K638

"Speak trough action"