THE GRAND GENERAL FEEDBACK THREAD!

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
Gravitas
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Gravitas » 04 Jul 2011, 19:59

JudgementDay wrote:Yeah, the chroning seems to be a general issue, although I have to admit the perception of how powerful a gun is can be a subjective thing. At one point a burst of BBs punched through the plexi-glas side window of the vehicle I was riding in, and hit me on the inside, leaving holes (in the window, not in me) that I thought impossible from the distance the shooter must have been standing. When things had calmed down a little, we tested it out, so I took my own gun - which was chroned as class 3 (semi-auto sniper rifle) - walked to the estimated distance, and gave a few shots at the same window. I didn't expect them to go through, but they did.
I was in that vehicle at the passanger side, and they shot through the window right next to me; so yeah I can personally confirm this. Was pretty weird. So you managed to repeat the same with a sniper rifle? Didn't expect that, wow.
B12: Team Zerg - Black on Black
B11: Blood Ravens - Squad Leader for "Team Zerg - Black on Black"
B10: NAF 3rd Ranger Battalion - Coy Commander. Field promoted to Bat.Com. in the end
B9: NAF 3rd Ranger Battalion - CSM/Operations Officer/Bat. XO

Rectunator
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rectunator » 04 Jul 2011, 20:36

I had an G&P MRP that chroned around 115-120 m/s and I was allowed to fire with it from 10m. I accidently fired through canvas window slits into Poldavian trucks and realised it only later after closer examination. It takes surprisingly little to punch through things with these guns.

Rythm
Captain
Captain

Post by Rythm » 04 Jul 2011, 21:06

A_Muller wrote:I would also like to know what happens when a player is reported for cheating, I heard that Berget Crew are too easy on blatant cheaters, and don't even follow up on the reports all the time.
I made two reports, one concerning illegal chrono wich was delt with swiftly and correctly, one concerning a player who cheated concerning the time it takes to heal with a medic, wich the gamemaster simply said "he wont get a warning even, but i will talk to him". That last reaction was really bad and i do hope that GMs shape up on this issue. After all, not warning for a minor offense will result in more players ignoring the rules, and soon players will run around with bloody .22s, going at each other! Rules will only be respected if properly enforced. I agree with Muller, better to loose 200 cheaters now, than 2000 players later.

In general i think one should reconsider what is being allowed weaponswise, while having strict minimum safety distances for powerfull weapons, it does not automaticlly mean that the player using the weapon will respect that safety distance! I saw players leaning their class 2+ weapons over bunkerwalls and spraying. Perhaps completly eliminating class 5-8 weapons is an option?

Other than these safetyrelated issues, i have nothing but kudos for the BE-team. Great job guys! I will be back!
6mm.se

B9: UN - Platoon commander
B10: Zansian Black Guards - Platoon commander
B11: Ravens - Company commander/Intel officer
B12: Ravens - 2 in Command
B13: Ikaros - 2iC
B15: Mercs - 2iC
B17: GFM - 2iC
B18: GFM - 2iC

Surmuri
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Surmuri » 04 Jul 2011, 21:37

Well, this is to all factions, commanders and players.

IMO, to have a good game in Berget there are a few questions you have to keep asking and trying to find an answer.

What is or what are the main mission(s) of my faction?

When working as player and a team member how succeeding or failing my mission will affect to the main mission?

All the three games I've been in, this has been quite clear to me and to the faction I have played.
Thanks to excellent chain of command.

55nilsson
Corporal
Corporal

Post by 55nilsson » 04 Jul 2011, 21:40

Tips for next year:

CAMPS
Split up the battalions in the camps. Easily done with a map on the website and a larger map at the entrance to the camp, explaining the camp layout. NAF example: 1st Mech - east side of camp , 6th Airborne - north side, 3rd Rangers, west side of camp, keep the middle free of tents and make it a "paradeground" / turningpoint for vehicles.
Maybe take it even further and split each side of the camp into Companysize "blocks" so that each company are in one place, not scattered troughout the camp as this year.

BURGERS
One word "CHEESE"!!!

LANGUAGE
IF you don´t understand english... STAY HOME!
This problem is not going away it seems, and as someone already said sometimes lead to unpleasent situations.

BAVS
Good idea - Not so good result
It worked, YES...but a single shot took out 3 of our cars, as the IR-beam doesn´t stop after the first hit. I can live with this... but there were too many BAVS grenades and AT4s on the field. Almost to the point of making the ingame cars obsolete. As there are too few roads and too many BAVS ingame.
Take out atleast 50% of the BAVS!

WHATS HAPPENING?
Have a crewmember or an ingame combat reporter write a kind of newspaper/leaflet, after everyday of fighting. And post it on a newsboard at the HQ, this way we the players can keep track of the bigger picture and not just the little piece you yourself are a part of.
This is a good way to show items and persons of interest. Maybe a most wanted list. And so on....
B5 Russian Infantry
B6 General Conrads Infantry
B7 NATO Plt.cmd Mech.Inf.
B8 NAF Plt.cmd Mech.Inf.
B9 NAF Mech.Inf.
B10 NAF Mech. Inf.
B12 Ravens Mech. Inf.

Surmuri
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Re: ...

Post by Surmuri » 04 Jul 2011, 21:57

55nilsson wrote:Tips for next year:

BAVS
It worked, YES...but a single shot took out 3 of our cars, as the IR-beam doesn´t stop after the first hit. I can live with this... but there were too many BAVS grenades and AT4s on the field. Almost to the point of making the ingame cars obsolete. As there are too few roads and too many BAVS ingame.
Well, I must say almost all mechanized groups had a really bad tactics. Just don't drive your convoy straight to contact.
Recon your route.
55nilsson wrote: WHATS HAPPENING?
Have a crewmember or an ingame combat reporter write a kind of newspaper/leaflet, after everyday of fighting. And post it on a newsboard at the HQ, this way we the players can keep track of the bigger picture and not just the little piece you yourself are a part of.
This is a good way to show items and persons of interest. Maybe a most wanted list. And so on....
That's what we demanded in B7
We have had good briefings in B7 SRP, B8 Poldavian Inf and now in the Firm/Zansia.
This has been very well taken care by the commanders and squad leaders.

Saveli_M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Saveli_M » 04 Jul 2011, 22:36

55nilsson wrote: BAVS
As an army mechanized company squad leader I say:
People driving cars/trucks/tanks around had no anykind of idea about tactics when advancing with vehicles.
On warfare if contact with enemy is very possible to happen, not even little bit sane person will drive his convoy straight into contact without intel or scouts.

It's not about the BAVs, but ABOUT LOUSY TACTICS!
"Do not worry, I've got closegrinder right here!"
B8 - Poldavian 1st Inf. Medic / APC Crew
B9 - The FIRM / Zansian B04 / Van Crew
B10 - Zanzian "Black Guard" Infantry Btt.
B11 - GCT Taskforce / Echo-Niner
B12 - --- SPAM !!! ---

munkki
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by munkki » 04 Jul 2011, 23:20

Peoples in cars did not realize than when some one shoots car with BAVS They'll all so die. After this we had to spray them until there was no more in coming fire and many dead peoples in side cars got sprayed..

Yes and, unload your cars 500meters before enemy.. You will live longer =)

When shooting artillery. Game masters should shoot it from distance (100m or so) and another game master would come to correct area and point dead peoples. Now when you see man driving to you with 4x4 with rockets, you can say for sure than there is in 5min artillery attack and take cover.
B7 SRP
B8 Pold
B9 Firm/ NAF/ Zansian Black Ops
B10 Zansian "Black guard" Inf. Bat.
B11 SFODU
B12 PMC MECH
B13 GCT MECH

BetaCat
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by BetaCat » 05 Jul 2011, 00:46

Saveli_M wrote: As an army mechanized company squad leader I say:
People driving cars/trucks/tanks around had no anykind of idea about tactics when advancing with vehicles.
On warfare if contact with enemy is very possible to happen, not even little bit sane person will drive his convoy straight into contact without intel or scouts.

It's not about the BAVs, but ABOUT LOUSY TACTICS!
I couldn't agree more! I have been trained as an army mechanized company squad leader too, and I was stunned about the mystical tactic of the Poldavian mecs at the crossroads between the Eastern Roadblock and the Deagas Plateau at second day (?).

We were holding our position at the crossroads almost whole day and every time I saw the Poldavian mecs, they always drove their vehicles in the middle of the crossroads even it must have been known by the end of the evening that that place was crowded with the guys in blue armbands.

Agreed, we didn't have any BAVs at first but we did get one at some point. And even without BAVs, we hold our ground very thightly by clearing those trucks from soldiers by other means. And even there were that cowardly tactic of driving in the middle of the intersection and shooting from inside of the vehicle (behind the glass from gap so narrow that only a barrel could come out side of the vehicle) I was very proud of us managing those situations so effectively. And by shooting a gap that narrow and holding on that "tactic", there is no point at complaining about shooting the windows.

I think that there weren't enough of BAVs or at least, current amount of them were the minimium.
B9 - The Firm / Zansian
B10: Zansian "Black guard" Infantry Battalion
B11: UA17
B12: PMC Unisec
B14: UPIR
B15: UPIR
B17: I'll be there

Parzi
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Parzi » 05 Jul 2011, 01:05

I think this year there was a good amount on AT-4 and 40mm grenades. If you look at modern infantry squad they are absolutely carrying somekind of AT weaponry. This year i had the feeling that the squads were more realistic cos of increased amount of weapons.

As said earlier in this thread it is not about the amount of AT weapons on the field, atleast not yet. Its all about vehicle tactics. Scouting vehicles, scouting infantry men, keeping ceartain distance to firefights and unloadin to safe spots. Google and wikipedia will teach huge amounts if you have the time and intrest. One year is good time to learn some tactics :)
Berget 7 - SRP, SL
Berget 8 - Poldavia 1Inf, SL
Berget 9 - Zansian Black Ops, Command Squad
Berget 10 - Zansia Infantry Battalion Commander
Berget 11 - GCT SFODU Commander
Berget 12 - GCT Intelligence Unit Commander
Berget 13 - GCT Para Infantry Commander

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 05 Jul 2011, 01:17

Driving ingame for 3 yrs now... I fully agree with those who say that most Berget drivers didn't have the slightest clue how to employ vehicles effectively. Most of them try to replace lack of very basic tactics with speed, huge flags, geardo/offroad accessories and (sorry to say, but pretty much useless) mounted MGs.

I drove a total of 70-80km at B8 without getting hit or ambushed while riding... Recon the route, use infantry to support the vehicles (the more the better), put spotters/observers on vehicles, drive slowly, and get off / back off as soon as you spot the enemy. Your vehicle is the biggest "BB magnet" and yes, this can be an advantage.

Not exactly rocket science, just common sense.
Last edited by Trasher-HU on 05 Jul 2011, 01:32, edited 1 time in total.
B6 - NATO, Fox2, mech QRF
B7 - Orlov mercs, Bravo2, medic
B8 - Poldav 3rd Mtn, mech QRF driver
B9 - Poldav 3rd Mtn. recon, Romeo-2 SL
B10 - Poldav 21st Mech Sappers, SL

Rectunator
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rectunator » 05 Jul 2011, 01:32

Yeah, not rocket science. And still Poldavia attacked our ambush valley mounted like the bloody cavalry three times during the same day and every time they were repulsed at the same spot.
Berget 9 - Zansian Black Ops, J10 Medic, The Firm.

spin_t
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by spin_t » 05 Jul 2011, 02:10

My friends,when you throw money into an airsoft vehicle,so green and so good looking with that MG on top,people has to see you riding the shit,regardless the fact that you r just killed all day !:)
Looks like for most of the mechanized was more important the asphalt road betwen NAF and Pold base via Eastern Roadblock.
I saw even three cars coming in the supermarket parking with those MG-s mounted,loud music and Rambo faces,i ask them to take down the MG-s since they r not in the game area and they have start laughing...And because this was not enough,aldo they were at 6 meters from a toilet,one of the moroons has decided to take a leak on the restaurant parking,betwen the cars,with alot of people around.
Good one smart boy ! Let's show to those people what kind of people we airsofters are !
And in two,three years we will ask why we can play only in the basement...
B 8 Poldavian 1-st Bat.
B 9 Poldavian 320th Art Comm
B10 Poldavian 15-th
B11 troop carrier betwen BRaven base and front line :)
B12 Raven Mech

DutchWolf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by DutchWolf » 05 Jul 2011, 02:34

55nilsson wrote: LANGUAGE
IF you don´t understand english... STAY HOME!
This problem is not going away it seems, and as someone already said sometimes lead to unpleasent situations.
This is a tricky one, on instinct I'd fully agree with you...but then I feel really bad. My team's best experience was teaming up with the Italian/Portugese unit, some of whom barely spoke English at all.
55nilsson wrote: WHATS HAPPENING?
Yes, this is probably THE most important feedback I've read here. For such a large event that depends quite a bit on its story line, the low level troops get little information. I don't even need this info during the event, but a comprehensive AAR/story update would be greatly appreciated and also adds more fun to the continuity (sp?) of the storyline.
B09 - NAF - 6th Airborne - FOX4
B10 - NAF - 23rd Infantry - FOX2.1 Radio Operator

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 05 Jul 2011, 02:41

We are asking for "bigger picture" newsboards (or equivalent) for years, I think, but to no avail...
B6 - NATO, Fox2, mech QRF
B7 - Orlov mercs, Bravo2, medic
B8 - Poldav 3rd Mtn, mech QRF driver
B9 - Poldav 3rd Mtn. recon, Romeo-2 SL
B10 - Poldav 21st Mech Sappers, SL