THE GRAND GENERAL FEEDBACK THREAD!

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 05 Jul 2011, 17:44

the big offgame road was really a problem.too many encounters with the enemy that you had to let go. At the last day some idiots started a firefight at the intersection leading from the road to the eastern roadblock. This could have turn out pretty ugly, if civilians were involved. I also dont understand these jackasses who did their firing practise shots in this area...offgame means no shooting and no fights. The roads in these areas are only for travelling, nothing else!
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

mc205
Private
Private

Re: ...

Post by mc205 » 05 Jul 2011, 17:58

Saveli_M wrote:
55nilsson wrote: BAVS
Good idea - Not so good result
It worked, YES...but a single shot took out 3 of our cars, as the IR-beam doesn´t stop after the first hit. I can live with this... but there were too many BAVS grenades and AT4s on the field. Almost to the point of making the ingame cars obsolete. As there are too few roads and too many BAVS ingame.
Take out atleast 50% of the BAVS!
As an army mechanized company squad leader I say:
People driving cars/trucks/tanks around had no anykind of idea about tactics when advancing with vehicles.
On warfare if contact with enemy is very possible to happen, not even little bit sane person will drive his convoy straight into contact without intel or scouts.

It's not about the BAVs, but ABOUT LOUSY TACTICS!
+1 !!!

Doc

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 05 Jul 2011, 18:03

Mr Black wrote:IMO there were to few roads in the game area. A lot of vehicle movement had to be done through areas with a lot of off game civilians. You were also exposed for "off game" enemy players at the parking lot that picked up their cell phone and startet dialing as soon as you drove passed them.
Yeah, it led to a lot of metagaming.
I prefered the Sollefteå game area.
Same here, main reason; see the above.
I believe it is very important that we all take care of our own trash. Just because they´ve built a road there earlier does not justify us spreading all our trash around. BE shouldn´t have to place out trashcans everywhere, but it might help if they placed out a few more next time.
For us on the cars it was easy, but for normal infantry it should still be possible to have one man per squad carry a binbag in his backpack.
Infantry generally carry les stuff that turns into trash too, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem.
Trashcans near all tactical points and spawn areas would be a good idea.
And this is just a thought about the scenario for next year. Since the Poldavians invaded the UN base the factions next year should be like 80% NATO and 20% Poldavians. That is if you want to have some milsim in the scenario. ;)
NATO =/= UN. NATO does not always get involved whenever the UN gets bullied around the world. Maybe next year it's time to fully bring Zansia into the war? If I was the president (or king, emperor, Dear Leader etc) of Poldavia, I'd seriously consider invading Zansia after the NAF rebels have been mopped up. They are clearly a hostile nation and will undoubtedly harbor NAF fugitives once the civil war in Poldavia comes to an end.[/quote]
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

mc205
Private
Private

Post by mc205 » 05 Jul 2011, 18:40

I state that it was my first Berget, that I enjoyed very much and that I really liked the game area.

My suggestions for next year:

- To emphasize even more the importance of knowing the rules very well. I have seen medical healing and firing simultaneously; people run away from GM when they were already lighting the fireworks next to them; shoot at distances of less than 10 meters with weapons od the wrong classes , etc. ..

- If there will still be the UN presence, make very clear to all UN soldier their delicate role

- Let the game be developed without trying to balance it (if NAF or Poldavia are cornered, they will have to get out by themselves)

- To avoid misunderstandings about the membership of the various factions, adopting distinctly different bands of colors, and for the UN, forcing players to wear a headdress of appropriate color

- Whether there will still be civil factions, to make sure that all players know how to distinguish them, I personally had no information that allow me to understand who was who

- Inform the players what to do in case of snake bites (we have crossed two)

- Put wooden platforms at showers point

- Empty the chemical toilets more frequently

Doc

Buffel
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Buffel » 05 Jul 2011, 18:54

mc205 wrote: - To emphasize even more the importance of knowing the rules very well. <snip> people run away from GM when they were already lighting the fireworks next to them
To be honest the rules do not offer a lot of clarity other than that the GM will tell you if you are hit. No word on what MOMENT is applicable there. The moment of arrival, the moment of setting the charge down, the first bang, or what.

So this had me wondering several times whether I would be hit or not - and whether it wqas safe to move back in case of a late 'bang' from the pyros.
Strike 1 for wildlife: Cape Buffalo are said to have killed more big game hunters than any other animal :D

Berget 9: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
Berget 10: Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers

Dark_Eden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Dark_Eden » 05 Jul 2011, 19:29

Something I would like to see from all players next year is not to get as angry when a rule discussion occurs. I heard a lot of "WHAT THE F**K" and "I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS" this year and it has no place in the hobby. If you think that I´m doing something wrong then please do tell me (I may be in the heat of the moment) but don´t scream and threaten me.

Last year is a perfect example on a good way to do this:
A ranger takes me out and I end up dead behind a wall. A friend of mine lies next to me and starts reporting the situation to our CO. The ranger then says "Hey! You are not allowed to talk when you are dead" to which I sat up and replied "I´m not, its not me talking!" and everything was sorted out, all because the ranger had some manners!

A bad example is when someone instead would yell "Shut the f**k up or ill kick your ass" which only would lead to more aggression and pehaps physical violence of the non-plastic kind.

So: Keep your cool when addressing these issues, the person you shot might not have felt the bullet and is simply making an honest mistake.

Doc Storm over and out.
Berget 8 6mm Medic (Civilians), Swampstalker
Berget 9 UN Medic

If you can read this you just might be wounded!

DutchWolf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by DutchWolf » 05 Jul 2011, 19:35

kyosuke wrote:
DutchWolf wrote:Can't we get a couple of LARP'ers to play (embedded) combat journalists :?:

I mean, the small bits and pieces I picked up from the commanders and radio chatter, the story sounds really interesting so it's such a waste that we miss 80% of it...
Actually i talked to my mates during off times that i am doing this next year.

Larp a journalist with film camera and report live from firefights, intervju commanders and soldiers and make lots of pictures/film but how the civilians where treated this game i doupt it will work, i show up to make a report and get shot by some grunt cause he wants to stack kills just isnt tempting. I cant bring bodyguards or be armed either cause then i would be a threath.
That is a great idea!

Another suggestion:

Balance the teams a little better!!! 600 pollies vs 350 NAF puts NAF at a bit of a disadvantage.
B09 - NAF - 6th Airborne - FOX4
B10 - NAF - 23rd Infantry - FOX2.1 Radio Operator

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 05 Jul 2011, 19:58

The Zansian Black Ops were NAF too, so you were more than just 350.
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

diamid
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by diamid » 05 Jul 2011, 20:01

But regarding BB's... We have seen and for the most, heard that some "smart" guys have been using light metal bb's or glass bb's.

Then heres is my question. Yes, we all go to Berget and play airsoft by choice and are aware that we can get hurt. No biggi, and we would not blame Berget-crew/organistation for a light scratch or a black eye.

But, there are rules made by Berget about what bb's to use, and they are in charge of security/safety. So I was to be shot with... let's say a metal bb, and it goes true my protective glasses and damage my eye, can I then ask Berget for indemnification? Since I would call that failure to comply with own safty rules and regulations.

And I can promiss you this. The first metal/glass bb to hit me... and the first Game Master to neglect his/her responsibility to confront the player or the problem... That would be my last Berget-Event ever!

I would like to see, more engagement by Berget Crew on for example suprise inspection of the BB's we use. For example that they ask that we show them what we store in our tents, and or most important. That GM stops players on their way back to spawn or in field and ask them to show the GM their mag's.
Last edited by diamid on 05 Jul 2011, 20:12, edited 2 times in total.
diamid
Proud member of 6MM
Email: diamid@6mm.se

B7: SF Sqd Leader - Yuri Orlovs Mercs
B8: CoyLeader - Sixth Mercs
B11: Batalion XO - Raven Guerillia
B13: Commander - IKAROS Minerva Infantry

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 05 Jul 2011, 20:03

Well, people decided to not show up and not announce it through the forums.
Better communications through the forums would easily solve LOADS of issues, and still I only see the same 20-30 people posting here out of 1200+ players.

And as I've said in plenty of threads; I'f youre heading to an INTERNATIONAL event make sure that YOU can speak english, not your mate (he/she may not be around when truly needed to translate), but YOU or you simply don't participate.

I realize that this will mean that we'd lose maybe 200 or so players, but if that helps to keep good communication both within the teams as well as during confusions or possible rule breaches things will just go so much more smooth and would weight heavier than those 200 extra players for me.
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 05 Jul 2011, 21:21

I liked it when there was a chrono team waiting at the base when we came home with the truck and started to chrone every of our weapons, so we had at least the impression that BE checked players at random dor overtuned guns
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

kyosuke
Corporal
Corporal

Post by kyosuke » 05 Jul 2011, 21:46

Our team during a march towards janco got randomly stopped by berget crew and people was randomly chroned and alco tested :) worth mentioning that the random controlls did occur.
Berget 9, Poldavian 320th Artillery; medic
Berget 10, Poldovian 15'th sappers; Heavy support medic.

Red ones go faster, thats why i use red bullets.

Losolos
Major
Major

Post by Losolos » 05 Jul 2011, 21:58

- If there will still be the UN presence, make very clear to all UN soldier their delicate role

- To avoid misunderstandings about the membership of the various factions, adopting distinctly different bands of colors, and for the UN, forcing players to wear a headdress of appropriate color
@mc205

we know all our role ..do you know our mandate ?

UNMIP was a chapter 7 mission .. so you can check what stands behind that !
B5-B17 on duty
B18 yellow Crow

Vandalen
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Vandalen » 05 Jul 2011, 22:01

Panzergraf wrote:The Zansian Black Ops were NAF too, so you were more than just 350.
Yeah sure we had ZBO and later on UN on our side but not in our team, thus we had no collaboration in planning battles with them. we just had a common enemy. And that makes it UN vs POL ZBO vs POL NAF vs POL. Since all three teams were outnumbered we couldn't stand a chance against the uneven odds...

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 05 Jul 2011, 22:16

http://berget-events.com/?page=events&sub=berget9&s=3

The Zansian Black Ops were, for all intents and purposes, a unit within the NAF that had a lot of secrecy and special rules surrounding it. I have no idea why you guys didn't cooperate more or how much cooperation there was, but according to the team info on the Berget Website, you were on the same side from the start.
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.