A Medic suggestion.

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 9
johanRisch
Private
Private

Post by johanRisch » 05 Jul 2011, 23:06

As a medic this and last year I must say that allot of these ideas sounds quite fun. However given that problem that I have to tell aprox 30% of the players i heal that the medic time is 2min not 20 sec.

If we had to evac the wounded soldiers to a CEP or something similar the actual time to heal someone wouldn't be as significant as the time it takes to evac the soldier. Decreasing the degree you can "cheat" on the heal time.

p.s i put cheat between "" because it's quite easy to misjudge the time if you do not have a clock.
B8 - NAF 5th Infantry Battalion
B9 - NAF 6th Airborne Infantry Battalion
B10 - PC NAF 23rd Inf Battalion
B11 - NAF C&C

Armalite5.56
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Armalite5.56 » 05 Jul 2011, 23:18

I didn't have a watch so the medic got me counting 1001, 1002 until I had done that twice up to 1060 as that in theory should be 2 min.. and he set the rhythm too for me and then he did his thing whilst i counted out loud.. seems like the easiest way to time it for people without a watch.

I.Kullberg
Corporal
Corporal

Post by I.Kullberg » 06 Jul 2011, 01:37

If healing is hard, why bother to even try healing one? If average respawn time is 15 minutes, healing must be a way faster. Other ways risking a medics life and firepower to heal anybody is plain stupid.
We cannot trust on role playing in the battlefield. How many of you wept even a single tear for the fallen comrade? I didn't, but I tried actively help medics to heal my friends. It's easy to RP when you benefit from it.
B7 SRP engineer
B9 in the Firm/Zansian Black Ops L04/Petro T of Avalon Minerals LTD
B11 GCT HVIU operator/Mineral guy from Avalon Minerals with a suit/Amnesty International guy
B12 GCT IU operator/Shoe polisher guy/Sniper in the tree
B14 NAF B-coy 3rd platoon leader
B15 NAF regular ranger
B16 UPIR ?

SpA
Newbee
Newbee

Post by SpA » 06 Jul 2011, 02:38

The medic cards idea was used in PFOR -games here in Finland. For a reason or another it didn't become popular.

This was my first time playing medic in any scenario game, but I would like to ask for one thing. I would suggest BE to give get good wide and long bandages for the medics.

At B9 I could carry the 20 bandages given to me in a medical insert designed for double AR mag pouch! I still never ran out of bandages.

Some of my medic bands barely made it two times around the patient's arm. Those short and thin bandages were really fast to tie on a wounded soldier. After that you just layed there with the patient. Plus those white rags were too short to tie around abdomen or chest area. I would hade liked to tie the wounds realisticly. Tourniguets and hemostatics are definately overkill for Berget, but I would like to see more realistic bandages used more realisticly.

Wider bandages would be easier to spot too, telling which players are already wounded.

Saveli_M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Saveli_M » 06 Jul 2011, 22:00

I've experienced once this kind of healing process:

1. Man gets shot and shouts for a medic
2. Medic arrives and starts making a bandage for 2 minutes
3. When 2mins has expired, medic pulls a deck of cards and asks wounded player to pick one card. following happens:
- RED CARD: player is healed and can go on with wound
- BLACK CARD: Player cannot go on but is KIA because of his wounds
- JOKER (2 in deck): It's just a flesh wound, and bandage can be removed, and player can go on with no wounds!

This brings you 50/50% chance to survive your wounds and wounding enemy makes more difference, and also brings more realism that every wound cannot be healed.
Minus side is that if healer is CHEATING he may heal everybody, but this can be done anyway if somebody want's to be a jackass.

Also, this brings situations that just making a little bit of effect, it still might be a big deal, and maybe in 5 minutes, there won't be 100% effective enemy again.

ALSO, I wish that respawn time should be minimum of 30 minutes, for example: if you arrive at respawn at 12:55, you get back ingame at 13:30, and NOT 13:00. Thats really frustrating to kill 50 men just to see when they rush back into positions you just 5 mins ago achieved.
Last edited by Saveli_M on 06 Jul 2011, 22:05, edited 2 times in total.
"Do not worry, I've got closegrinder right here!"
B8 - Poldavian 1st Inf. Medic / APC Crew
B9 - The FIRM / Zansian B04 / Van Crew
B10 - Zanzian "Black Guard" Infantry Btt.
B11 - GCT Taskforce / Echo-Niner
B12 - --- SPAM !!! ---

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 06 Jul 2011, 22:04

Saveli_M wrote:ALSO, I wish that respawn time should be minimum of 30 minutes, for example: if you arrive at respawn at 12:55, you get back ingame at 13:30, and NOT 13:00. Thats really frustrating to kill 50 men just to see when they rush back into positions you just 5 mins ago achieved.
A very good point, I do realize the reasoning behind the rule (simulated reinforcements, etc.) but in-game teams just waited to release captured players to make them wait their full time, kind of rending the rule somewhat ineffective. 30min respawn should always be the case if a simple medic system is used (like the one aplied at berget today).
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

Lokke
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lokke » 06 Jul 2011, 22:39

Please:

Keep it simple. Keep medic rules as is. Forget card pulling cards or go to spawn after cured by medic.

Medics are an importent role in Airsoft. Lets keep it that way.

Try to play as a medic and you soon find out it is not easy. AND as mentioned above, 2-3 minutes is a long time.

One person mentioned it is unfair a large group attacking has many medics.... Large defensive forces have it too.

Someone mentioned real steal examples. "You cant just heal people in 3 minutes.." etc

Berget are not a real steal simulation. One hit an you have to travel home?

No, lets keep medic rules simple :twisted:
Last edited by Lokke on 06 Jul 2011, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.
Berget 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ,13, 14. 15. Soon 16

Lokke

www.ostfoldmilsim.no
fb: Ostfoldmilsim

parresurre1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by parresurre1 » 06 Jul 2011, 22:58

Once again.

Its not medic or not medic. Everyone wants medics, we just brainstorming how to make things better, more realistic or whatever. Maybe someone will come up with an great idea, who knows?
De Oppresso Liber

Os
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Os » 06 Jul 2011, 23:06

If the punish for geting hit is increased, the amount of cheating will follow acorrdingly.

Wold like to se 2 heals next year, 1 heal is to litte.
Berget 6 Nato
Berget 7 nato
Berget 8 Poldavian 1st
Berget 9 Poldavian 1st Mec

Lokke
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lokke » 06 Jul 2011, 23:09

Os wrote:If the punish for geting hit is increased, the amount of cheating will follow acorrdingly.
I totally agree.

Second heal time might be 2xtime the first time heal?

Anyway. We got to keep it simple.

Lokke

www.ostfoldmilsim.no

Satela
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Satela » 06 Jul 2011, 23:37

Saveli_M wrote:I wish that respawn time should be minimum of 30 minutes, for example: if you arrive at respawn at 12:55, you get back ingame at 13:30, and NOT 13:00. Thats really frustrating to kill 50 men just to see when they rush back into positions you just 5 mins ago achieved.
+1
B7 - B16

Lokke
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lokke » 07 Jul 2011, 00:02

I totaly agree.

Give people the 30 mins.

But, as a gamemaster myselfe, Each half an hour make it easyer.

And people (teams) spawn at the same time.

If players manage to keep the 30 minutes spawn time, I am on for it :)

Lokke

www.ostfoldmilsim.no

Saveli_M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Saveli_M » 07 Jul 2011, 00:09

That's what I said, every half an our, but minimum of half an hour respawn.

Makes killing worth for something, it's too easy to defend TP or ETC if you can get reinforcements in 5 minutes, because attacker will propably have at least hour before they can get any troops back. (long way to respawn and back)
So calling for REAL reinforcements might do the trick if there is any nearby.
"Do not worry, I've got closegrinder right here!"
B8 - Poldavian 1st Inf. Medic / APC Crew
B9 - The FIRM / Zansian B04 / Van Crew
B10 - Zanzian "Black Guard" Infantry Btt.
B11 - GCT Taskforce / Echo-Niner
B12 - --- SPAM !!! ---