No10 concluded

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 10
palez
Newbee
Newbee

Post by palez » 02 Jul 2012, 18:47

Well, where do I start?!

First of all I would like to thank all of the NAF 2nd Mech units and our commanders.

I had a great time in base with all of you!

Cuz, in the base were where I spent most of my time. Lack of missions & action.

When we acctully had a nice mission and was about to ambush a Poldavian caravan, guess what?! THE BAVS system didnt work! 3 guys, 3 bavs grenades. Approx 3-5m from the car and none of the 5 cars got shot out!

WTF!?!

I really cant explain how furious we all got after 40 min of planning the ambush and when shit was about to go off. NOTHING! Absolutley nothing!

We pay like 100€ for the ticket and ???€ for the BAVS reciver/nades and the shit dont work!

I'm really dissapointed at this berget.
If it hadnt been for all the players in MECH, I can asure u that this berget had been much shorter for me.

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 02 Jul 2012, 19:10

WhiteAce wrote:
Fourth. The contaminated area mission was screwed up, because some other people (Zanzian or Poldavian) took the specific box, before you guys got there. (They probably did not wear the proper mask and suits...)
Just making a short clarification.

We found 2 boxes during the game. The first one was the UAV-thing, which had a clear note on it "Do not take unless told to by a specific mission" so we left it where we found it, only marked the place on our maps. The second box was mission specific, found at Specksta Berget area, and took us one night and one day to find, from a cave.

We did have scouting patrols around the contaminated area, but since we knew our guys didn't have proper equipment and knew the rules, we made sure all patrols avoided the actual contaminated area, and only patrolled around it. Our Delta platoon did a patrol in the "inlet highground" on the area, which was not contaminated but was inside the area. AFAIK, they had very good orientation equipment (GPS or something) to make sure they stayed in the safe side of it. They found nothing of interest to us.
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

WhiteAce
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by WhiteAce » 02 Jul 2012, 19:26

jdoe wrote:
WhiteAce wrote:
Fourth. The contaminated area mission was screwed up, because some other people (Zanzian or Poldavian) took the specific box, before you guys got there. (They probably did not wear the proper mask and suits...)
Just making a short clarification.

We found 2 boxes during the game. The first one was the UAV-thing, which had a clear note on it "Do not take unless told to by a specific mission" so we left it where we found it, only marked the place on our maps. The second box was mission specific, found at Specksta Berget area, and took us one night and one day to find, from a cave.

We did have scouting patrols around the contaminated area, but since we knew our guys didn't have proper equipment and knew the rules, we made sure all patrols avoided the actual contaminated area, and only patrolled around it. Our Delta platoon did a patrol in the "inlet highground" on the area, which was not contaminated but was inside the area. AFAIK, they had very good orientation equipment (GPS or something) to make sure they stayed in the safe side of it. They found nothing of interest to us.
Thanks for clarifying that. Somebody took it, for BE crew did place the item as they stated after comms with Blackwolf. They even re-checked the location. It doesn't matter anymore now. Things always disappear during games.

The UAV ended up in my HQ while no mission was attached to it. A patrol found it, but without having time to read the sign they were fired upon by Poldavian patrol. They took it under fire and brought it. Only at HQ they found the writing on it...
Things like that happen and should be seen as in-game asset IMHO.
Berget 5: 2IC Spetsnaz.
Berget 6: CoyCO NATO Golf coy.
Berget 7: PtnCO 2nd platoon 2nd coy
Berget 8: 3rd Rangers Battalion:
Berget 10: Co of NAF forces

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 02 Jul 2012, 19:26

Mr Black wrote: The porta-pottys could use another method of cleaning. It´s not too comfortable to use them after they´ve been hosed down and it feels like you just missed a flash flood when you step into one. Perhaps a squeegee can be used.
Added to this; it was 4 hours after check-in opened on Tuesday, I went to take a dump in the safe zone toilet. Someone had already peed all over the seat. COME ON! If your wiener is so large you cannot control it while peeing, SIT DOWN! or at least, lift up the middle seat.
Mr Black wrote:Dark green non-SFX mines does not work. You cannot expect a driver to notice them when the vehicle is under fire. If BE wants to stick to non-SFX mines they should be bright orange so that they can be spotted by the vehicle crew.
The 2 cases I witnessed, when cars drove over minefields, the problem was not that mines were invisible. In one case, the driver did not know how to deal with mines, so he just tried to avoid them and basically drove over the field. This was sorted and settled on spot, with a handshake. The second case was just blatant breaking of rules, I know this because I asked the guy who drove the lead car, did they know how the AT mines work, and he said "yes, but we didn't care, we are on suicide mission"... right. Drive all the way from Polly base to drive a suicide mission to NAF base? What's the point? They all got slaughtered in less than 15 seconds anyway, with no gain, just pain. This case was not settled, I walked away before I lost my nerve on that guy. Left a bad taste, really bad.

So it's not that mines don't work, people just don't know how / don't care. Kinda sad in a game that is based on honesty.
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat

Mr Black
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mr Black » 02 Jul 2012, 20:05

In my post I asumed that players are honest and that the mines were just too well camouflaged to be noticed.
Hic sunt mortem

Nemo me impune lacessit

B8 NAF 5th Infantry, Plt leader Echo Delta
B9 NAF 1st Mech Inf Btn, Coy CO Cobra 1
B10 NAF 2nd Mech Inf Btn, 2iC
B11 UA17 (Captain Black)
B12 Civilian (Jim Tom Mudwater)

staley
Newbee
Newbee

Post by staley » 02 Jul 2012, 20:07

So, my first Berget is over. Did it live up to my expectations? Yes to some degree.

We got more action than i had expected. We walked further than i expected. And we got our butts kicked worse than i expected hehehe.
There were a few pains that made the experience less good than expected.

1) Going on missions without a medic made the whole thing a bit harder than it should have been. Knowing that if one got hit, you were out of it, made one very careful going on missions. We had as far as i know only one medic to cover 23rd. Inf Fox 2. And being in Fox 2.1, we went on atleast 75% of our missions without at medic. Long walks back to base... But we gave the Pollies hell anyway. I just wish that next year there will be a medic for each squad.

2) Radio comm was non existing. We stood guard at the west gate and had sever need for communication with our leader since both vehicles, civies and etc. wascrowding the gate. When trying to contacting our big guy, no response. So having to improvise was eccential. Going on missions with no comms was a pain too. We took the old mill, but no one at headquarters knew this. We held it for some 20 mins, untill we decided to continue onward to the village. Our taking the old mill was never registered. And no reinforcements were sent to hold the mill.

3) Going to the village were russian pollies were situated was crazy. Non of them took their hits, and since they were cooped up in the church and other buildings there were hardly no way of hitting them. And went finally we did hit them, they didnt take any hits. Gamemasters should at all times be in the village. With them not taking their hits, it was simply just a waste of bullets. And since they didnt play by the book, the gamemaster ought to have taken action. But with them not being there, the russian pollies just had the freedom to play the way they wanted to.

These three points are what could be changed for the better for next year. But i have to say that this being my first Berget, it still eventhough the three point were present, was a great time. I personally got plenty of Pollie kills (more than expected). I mett some great people. Had great teamwork (although language barriers were present in my squad, so info always got to me last), saw some of the great nature Sweden has to offer.I could keep going on about what i thought was good. I do not have any other Bergets to compare it to. But to me it was a great time.
The three points above as mentioned could be worked on. But it doesent change the fact that im already planning next years Berget. I WILL be there to kick some pollie butt.

Staley out...
Naturally Elected Terror Team Org.

Berget - 10 NAF 23rd. Inf FOX 2.1

staley
Newbee
Newbee

Post by staley » 02 Jul 2012, 20:08

ps.

Dont mean to p... off anyone.

This was merely my 2 cents...
Naturally Elected Terror Team Org.

Berget - 10 NAF 23rd. Inf FOX 2.1

Maggie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Maggie » 02 Jul 2012, 20:24

not having medics is your squads fault :p
Berget 9, Poldavian 320th Artillery
Berget 10, 15th sappers 2pl, 2sq
Cædpæt - Norway

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 02 Jul 2012, 20:29

Maggie wrote:not having medics is your squads fault :p
Maybe there were enough medics to go around before the game, but people do cancel their trips to Berget, and maybe they had bad luck in that?

Being a medic is not the most wanted job in Airsoft, even though we all love them, and want them on our side. I think it's very much close to being a janitor / cleaner. They are only appreciated when things get dirty.
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat

Narcalive
Private
Private

Post by Narcalive » 02 Jul 2012, 20:48

So I guess i'll toss in my two cents, too.

First, a big thank you, friends and foes! This was my first Berget, and I was amazed by the comradery we actually have within airsoft community!

There was only one or two cases where I witnessed straight out cheating... both for calling out (in these cases obvious) hits. For this I was, quite sadly, prepared for.

I just had a ton fun. Period. From my point of view people played hard, but fair. Just as it should be. I took a painful hit from about 5 meters to my weewee, but the psyops squad responsible got pretty much slaughtered by the rest of our squad and apologized after. I was held prisoner in Janco, and the Pol commander on the scene asked if we'd like to come and sit by the fire off-game while waiting transport, as we looked kinda cold. Shame I didn't spot him at afterparty!

Not once did I get an excessive shower of bb's, nor did I witness any hardship amongst the players. There was a small incident at the end next to Old Mill where some Polly came to the respawn area, filled with Zansian players, claiming we cannot respawn while they attacked. I guess there was just a language barrier and misunderstandings, so a GM was called and this was sorted out. It turned out we couldn't respawn since the site was taken under Poldavian flag, literally a minute "too early".

There were some moments where I questioned some calls made by our own command, but looking back I quess I have nothing to complain about. Good job you guys!

Sure, could have been better. Could have been less walking in lines, and more sweet moments. But then again, could have been a lot worse. I had a blast.

Zansia, Golf 9-1 out.

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 02 Jul 2012, 20:51

I think Tiger did a marvelous job with his team of 5-10 in the Poldavian C&C. I think I could not have done it better, my utmost respect to the whole team! Whole staff was ALWAYS there. Nobody was turned back and everyone was given the right response, regardless of rank and duty. And what is almost most important, there were always people happy to see me. Nobody was ever in a bad mood or pissed-off. Who can turn down a silos2 guarding duty to such a HQ? :)

Now to the silo 2 duty... sure it was cold and miserable... but we were given a clear explanation - it was one of the last silos and HQ decided to guard it 24 hours per day.
Now, Sappers, you were spared of base guarding duty over something, weren't you? How come? Well, somebody sold your souls for being capable of every mission, walk any distance and do any battle against our odds... :D
And we did get rather interesting missions, has anyone of you discussed missions with other units?

And to be honest, after walking some 30km by late Friday evening and having shot 8 minimi mags empty, the non-action mission was quite appealing to me... and I learned a few things from it too, so it was totally worth it.
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

SixCell
Corporal
Corporal

Post by SixCell » 02 Jul 2012, 23:19

I would like to thank all the players on all the sides.
I had a blast!

At gamestart we had a close call when we almost got stepped on by 217 Polly inf.
Cudos to the lone Polly almost stepping on me at the top of the south mountain, & the look on his face when i took a controlled shot at 50meters with my sniper = Priceless!

Big thanks to Robman for great leadership & missions.

& last but not least, Thanks to WhiteAce, Rubberduckie & the rest of the NAF c&c, for "forcefeeding" me & serving coffee.
& generally making the rest of berget fun for me even with a broken anckle.

Taking out the Pol Mech car with the AT4 sitting on the porch with my leg in a cast was fun! (too bad the Bavs on the car did not work)

See you all next year!! i will deff be there :)
B8 NAF 5'th Infantry
Falcon Company
Platoon commander 3'rd Delta
-----------------------------
B9 Poldavian 1'st mech.
3rd in command 1'st mech
Squadleader Goatz
-----------------------------
B10 NAF 9'th Recon/sniper unit
Shooter

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Crapgame » 03 Jul 2012, 00:12

I think the Guarding the Silo mission was FUN! 5,5 hours of rain,wind and the chance of maybe…just maybe end up in a firefight with zansians (even imagined a naf sniper walking towards me out there!)

i think Brujo and Kris made a good job on that mission cause we circulated so no-one sat on the same spot for more then 1 hour and we all got to go and warm up by the fire and get some coffee. so i don't se a real complaint to it.

and to ALL players who Nag about it vein wet….come on get your rain gear on and your mil-sim spirits up.
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech
B18: GCT Mech
Swedish & Finnish: living/working in Finland

Blackwolf
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Blackwolf » 03 Jul 2012, 01:42

Hello

I will start by saying this.

1st IT WAS THE WORST BERGET EVER
2nd C&C does not work period.
3rd IT was boring not to have nice special missions like at B9
4th 3 day game and one encounter with Poldavian troops sucks, and only because we searched them.

Now to read this
Third. I was only informed about your "special wishes" on thirsday evening. I can only work with information I have. If then you adress me with a complaint about my command, then I suggest you also investigate yourself and how you passed your wishes down to me. You did not.
Sorry Whiteace, i had allready shouted at you before lunch time about this.

Now looking at the game scenario BE put up and you reading the missions 1st i can only say that ALL THE GOOD MISSIONS WHERE GIVEN TO THE RANGERS.

The 2 MGL missions where a complete JOKE
1st MGL with a platoon of Rangers and 4 snipers and 2 23rd NAF companies.
Right the Rangers lead the way in a zig-zag that took 2 hours to get to the Oil fields, when it could have been done in 45 minutes.
To arrive at the Oil fields and find 12 Mercenaries( BErget crew with civilian armbands) it was a joke this mission
2nd MGL CQC 100 23 rd NAF against 15 Mercenaries( BErget crew with civilian armbands)
Again this was a joke and dangerous with the conditions at hand.

I have been doing Batt CO and this year it was a joke to see this HQ working.

There are two Batt Commanders that i would work with any day and they know who they are because i personally congratulated them on their excellent organisation.

TO ALL MY 23RD NAF TROOPS ALL I CAN SAY IS "I AM SORRY TO HAVE DISAPOINTED YOU ALL"

Regards

Blackwolf BATTCO 23rd NAf signing off
BLACKWOLF
BERGET 5 NATO SQUAD LEADER
BERGET 6 NATO PLATOON LEADER
BERGET 7 NATO COMPANY COMMANDER
BERGET 8 NAF BATTALION COMMANDER
BERGET 9 NAF BATTALION COMMANDER
BERGET 10 NAF ALL THE WAY
MEMBER HOSTILE OPERATIONS TEAM
PORTUGAL

Maggie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Maggie » 03 Jul 2012, 01:52

im kinda shocked that noone else has reacted to the busses dropping us (pol) off in a suburban area where there were kids playing.. noone had anything against this?
Berget 9, Poldavian 320th Artillery
Berget 10, 15th sappers 2pl, 2sq
Cædpæt - Norway