No10 concluded

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 10
Dre@mz
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Dre@mz » 04 Jul 2012, 11:40

Deki_AKS wrote: ...
I personaly take full responsibility for 15th Sappers Mike Charly Delta incident at the friday night missile silo guard duty and I learned from it...
Thank you for pointing this out! It was really unpleasant at the moment...

Anyways it was very good to play under your command!

Regards
B6 - UN
B7 - NATO
B10 - POLDAVIAN 15th

turret
Corporal
Corporal

Post by turret » 04 Jul 2012, 11:48

Not to be only a negative dude, I'll summarize the good point uin the game and of course, they were some:

_ the group ODA541
_ 3rd MNT 3rd COY with nice ppl in it
_ check in and chrony
_ toilets were nice in the global; too bad not all of them had hydro gel in it.
_ weather (except Friday)
_ new ingame assets like bunkers at Sandpit (hadnt seen them yet)
_ well working BAVS system (seems not to be a shared opinion but those I saw shoot did shoot)
_ Kiosk and electricity available there
_ global fairplay even if some ppl cant follow all the rules even the more basic
_ nice vehicule on both sides (the best one was a tracked NAF tan vehicule MILF Hunters ^^)
_ Gamemasters that did their job cleverly. (again maybe I was lucky on the pick but they did well and deserve some good points)
_ Sweden landscape especially from the mountain near Poldavian camp. (we cklimbed it on Friday night when it was raining a lot and we enjoyed it so much after the MGL B***S**t)

Its a shame that I point out in my pros only off game stuff but the game wasnt great at all.
BE has to investigate a lot to change things or they risk losing a large portion of their fans. (which I am or was :P )

We dont know yet if we are gonna attend next year game depending on the scenario and info from BE. (plus we had heavy transport problems to get to Sweden)
B5: NATO Echo 5
B7: NAF 23rd Foxtrot 2
B8: NAF 23rd Foxtrot 2
B10: Pol 3rd MNT 3rd Coy
B11: Blood Raven

Dexmann
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Dexmann » 04 Jul 2012, 12:04

We, Zansians were guerilla/infantry unit so there is no bitching about gamefees and lack-of-mechanized units - but there is a bitching about how Berget Events handeld the information before the game.

Our team didnt know if we have the BAV at the site or not, and didnt get the answer before the site, which was: No BAVS. <<this was really fucked up, because we had like two BAV grenades for whole company and only one for our platoon. Well as usual, we worked around that and when we confronted mech units, we just vanished to the woods ;)
But this was afterall disappointment.

As Infantry-grunt i didnt know about why went somewhere and destroyed the enemy, but that was the mission and we did it. Heard rumors that BE didnt manage the mission as previous events but i didnt bother our game since out command HQ did a good job guiding us to the fight.

We brought our own rent-tent (finnish army half-platoon tent) with heater so, the bad weather on fri-saturday didnt bother us.

Respawning from the other side of the gamemap was a bitch, but again it was our choice as Zansians.

Anyway, thanks to Pollies as tough and fair opponents, NAF for covering our butts (and sometimes shooting us) and our Zansian team-mates andd command. Saturday was the BEST!
Berget 8 - 1st Poldavian Infantry Battalion 1st Coy, Kettu-4
Berget 9 - The Firm
Berget 10 - Zansian Blackguard Infantry.
Berget 11 - At home with family (and one year old son)
Berget 12 - Ravens
Berget 13 - Ikaros Corporation

mugur
Private
Private

Post by mugur » 04 Jul 2012, 12:21

Second Berget for me, played on both sides as sniper/recon and infantry man. Besides my personal achievements and action i've had this time, i have to say that if i want to summarize this B10 with one word is: LAME. From so many points of view that does not even deserve further explanations, because so many people already did that.

And i have serious doubts that i will come again for B11 if the things are going south, like they did now.

Kalchev
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Kalchev » 04 Jul 2012, 14:40

vardemis wrote:1st Thx for us

2nd, yes you were infantry and you chosed it no ?

Maybe you prefer to have our 16 H our recon mission where we only see the enemy through scope, hide from him etc ???

in the four day 1 shot 5 mag of 90 Bbs at max ...

If yes you should have chosed the ranger, not the infantry ....

I don't know what is you fun but mine was there doing recce for the infantry to take the fight and the fun part of shooting thousands of BB ...
So you mean we all pay the same price to attend Berget but we must be prepared to not have the fun we want when we sign up INF? If this was the case and B-crew told us that November, we would have all joined the Rangers... but wait, there can be only a handful of you, so how to solve this issue?

We've been playing all this time with Blackwolf and suddenly we are to jump ship just to get interesting missions? F*ck that. This is about trust and confidence in your troops, and knowing what they can do. On B8 we had a day where we spent more than 15 hours on foot, turned back a few base attacks on civilian and 5th NAF bases, captured 4 enemy held points and BE crew had to drive us back to base from the other side of the map because we refused to leave the spot until we got all our artillery points (which meant keeping it all during the night until 0900h, which we were going to do despite the lack of proper clothing and enough food). So please don't tell me where I have to sign up to have a rough time - Blackwolf knows how hardcore Romanians, Bulgarians and all other FOXes can be if he asks us to or if the situation requires. The fact you guys have "rangers" written on your shoulder don't make you anything more special than the other battalions. Assuming that means BE failed miserably at making clear how the factions need to work together.

Previously it all boiled down to the batt commanders and I was thrilled to see Ian on our side again after B7. It seems commanders were not ready for supreme command though. If BE wanted to leave all the command and control functions to players they should have put a lot more effort into making sure they were properly staffed and capable of uniting the battalions. Even the opening of the grunt and officer barracks in the forums showed how BE crew didn't give a flying you-know-what this year - I remember previous games where those were open many months before June, compared to this year. Just another hint.

By the way, Vardemis, why did you have 16 hour long recce missions with orders not to engage the enemy? I thought 9th Recon had to be our eyes and ears on the field... what gives? Robman will be thrilled I'm sure. Seems you've been getting all sorts of cool missions then. So for next year it's either Rangers or nothing... with at least 150 players waiting on Blackwolf every year on what batt to join, I know the answer to that one.

Good luck.

Kalchev, Charlie 1 FTL
FOX 4 K.Y.P.
Fortune favours the bold

B10 NAF23 FOX-4 K.Y.P.
B9 -
B8 NAF23 FOX-4
B7 NATO FOX-4

Scarface
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Scarface » 04 Jul 2012, 15:36

Has a FOX 4 member it is the only unit that I played on Berget and I am proud of that, I would like to advice the Rangers to calm down. The only think guys is 150 loyal players left Berget 10 disappointed.

Ok, maybe I am wrong, but ask yourselves, Who will gone play INFANTRY next year, only the newbie probably. The problem is visible, since this moment there are no official statement from BE and question is WHY????? The storm will pass, BE ask yourself what will left after that?
This is not a Sunday game, all airsoft communities tracking what is going at the moment, how BE will attract new players after this?

Our behavior in the forum is the mirror of our "team work" during the game.
Last edited by Scarface on 04 Jul 2012, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
Berget - 6 NATO FOX 4
Berget - 7 NATO FOX 4
Berget - 8 23th NAF FOX 4
Berget - 9 6th NAF FOX 4
Berget - 10 23th NAF FOX4
Berget - 13 Special Parachute Infantry
Berget - 14 NAF Infantry
Berget - 15 Mercenaries

WhiteAce
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by WhiteAce » 04 Jul 2012, 15:49

I agree there Scarface. This after game forum utterings mirror the feelings of the players.
It BE don't answer some questions, it might be doubtful that veteran Berget players will come back. Not only those loyal to Blackwolf. Loyalty is a good thing, make sure you keep a hold of that.
Berget 5: 2IC Spetsnaz.
Berget 6: CoyCO NATO Golf coy.
Berget 7: PtnCO 2nd platoon 2nd coy
Berget 8: 3rd Rangers Battalion:
Berget 10: Co of NAF forces

Sallinen
Private
Private

Post by Sallinen » 04 Jul 2012, 16:00

Everything else seems to be addressed in here so I'll mention just one thing.

This thing that bothered me was the ingame vehicles. Once they got destroyed, their drivers started moving the cars to the side of the road, out of the way of others, which in my opinion ruins the purpose of destroying them. They are supposed to stay where they are destroyed and for example they could be moved by the driver putting the cars gear on free and players pushing it to the side etc.
Ambushing cars is impossible when they are all free to move when normally the first and last cars would block the moving of the cars between them.

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 04 Jul 2012, 16:05

What I want to see now is an offical Berget Events statement here at the forums. They should answer every matter. From the small things ike questions according the toilets and tents, to the major problems of missions, commanding structure, MGLs, and so on.
I am pretty shure that all of the players who were at B10 want to have these answers, and I guess the returning of some players depends on the answers as well.

Please BE. Act now, and act fast. Think of your paying custumers. :(
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

elanaiba
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by elanaiba » 04 Jul 2012, 16:21

Calm down, Berget events people have some logistics to take care of post-game and also need their rest. Their game was not over when ours was.

It's important that lessons are learned and answers are given but lets not demand urgency where its not really needed.
elanaiba aka Tomcat aka Dan:
B7 - Milo's Tigers; Rode with Robman on his Epic infiltration
B8 - Poldavian Psy Ops - Bash; I shot down Kartoon and Ollie - the contaminated Polies
B10 - Poldavian Force Recon - Raven 2 SQL

Blackwolf
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Blackwolf » 04 Jul 2012, 16:38

Hello

Well here it is how things work with me and MY MEN for the last 4 years.

I will protect their game and their decisions all the WAY.

Unfortunately BE did the wrong decisions on giving out missions only to C&C.

These missions should have been given to all BATT CO,(atleast a copy)

MY DECISION AT THE MOMENT IS THAT B11 IS PROBABLY OFF

I don´t intend to spend 1000+ € and return home disapointed with what happenned at B10.

From now on i will talk to my fellow INFantry men and NAF players through other channels.

Blackwolf signing off

FOXTROT BATTALLION ALL THE WAY
BLACKWOLF
BERGET 5 NATO SQUAD LEADER
BERGET 6 NATO PLATOON LEADER
BERGET 7 NATO COMPANY COMMANDER
BERGET 8 NAF BATTALION COMMANDER
BERGET 9 NAF BATTALION COMMANDER
BERGET 10 NAF ALL THE WAY
MEMBER HOSTILE OPERATIONS TEAM
PORTUGAL

HORNET
Corporal
Corporal

Post by HORNET » 04 Jul 2012, 16:42

Yes, where is the BE statement?
We all have payed for an commercial airsoft game that we did not get.
We all have spent a year to prepare, made expenses in gear and to get our gear and ourselves to that game. At least 1000 EUR each. And what we got? Disappointment!
The least that Berget Events own us is a explanation , why they ripped us off!

Anyway I do not think that there is going to be one. They got the money - 2000 players x 100 EUR makes 200 000 EUR. add to this the sponsorship and there you get a pretty descent amount of profit.

Veteran Players will not come. So what! New ones will take their place. This is what it looks BE is thinking. That is why do not expect any statement. And may be soon some of us will be banned from this forum, as inconvenient.

That is not the spirit of airsoft!

So BE, Thanks for treating you loyal veteran players as dumb idiots!
Berget- 6 NATO / Fox Coy / Fox-4 Squad Leader
Berget- 7 NATO / Fox Coy / Fox-4 Platoon Leader
Berget- 8 NAF23 / Fox Coy / Coy Commander
Berget- 9 NAF6 / Fox Coy / Coy Commander
Berget-10 NAF23 / Fox Coy / Coy Commander

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 04 Jul 2012, 16:51

elanaiba wrote:Calm down, Berget events people have some logistics to take care of post-game and also need their rest. Their game was not over when ours was.

It's important that lessons are learned and answers are given but lets not demand urgency where its not really needed.
Yeah, i must admitt that you are right. But as soon as they are ready, they should give us their statement.
I would realy like to know what went wrong and what lead to the failures we encountered. A solution of these problems is very appreciated by me, so I can be shure, that I can come back next year and have an awesome experience again.
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 04 Jul 2012, 17:06

I think BE is doing their own assessment of the Event, but it will surely take some time.

I would rather have a good, thorough and analytic review and statement later, than a hastly made "questimate" as soon as possible.

After all, we are all still in the "Berget-hangover" stage, and it will take some time from us players and from the crew to look back at the event in a more analytical and thoughtful way.

Hornet, just a small correction, mere revenue (income) is NOT profit. Profit is revenue minus expenses. Which is more than likely much less than 200k euros.
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

sidewinderxxl
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sidewinderxxl » 04 Jul 2012, 17:07

HORNET wrote:Yes, where is the BE statement?
We all have payed for an commercial airsoft game that we did not get.
We all have spent a year to prepare, made expenses in gear and to get our gear and ourselves to that game. At least 1000 EUR each. And what we got? Disappointment!
The least that Berget Events own us is a explanation , why they ripped us off!

Anyway I do not think that there is going to be one. They got the money - 2000 players x 100 EUR makes 200 000 EUR. add to this the sponsorship and there you get a pretty descent amount of profit.

Veteran Players will not come. So what! New ones will take their place. This is what it looks BE is thinking. That is why do not expect any statement. And may be soon some of us will be banned from this forum, as inconvenient.

That is not the spirit of airsoft!

So BE, Thanks for treating you loyal veteran players as dumb idiots!
if you think that 200 000 Euros will give them profit, you are massively mistaken, every expence that BE has to pay, comes from that income,

in my opinion, BE bit of more than they could chew this year, Granted this is my first Berget, i was a little dissapointed, expected a bit better organization skills from BE, and alot better planning. all in all, i had a nice time, met alot of nice and intresting ppl, learned alot about Airsoft as a whole, and i will most definately be back next year =)
B10 : Poldavian 15th Sappers

B11: SIDU

B12: PMC Operator - Team Leader of sorts