PSYOPS aftergame-briefing

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 10
freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

PSYOPS aftergame-briefing

Post by freno » 01 Jul 2012, 19:50

I could put a list of names here where i thank you all and everything, but i will not.

For me you ALL did what i expected that you should, both officers and soldiers. You made this game awesome, with your entusiasm!!!

There is though something i really want to give extra creds:

-All guys/girls that was patient, when most of us mostly spoke SWE-NOR... (shame us!)

The game was also what i expected. The weather i knew should come, it came... Still we helped eachother, and pretty much was prepared. (Normal SWE-Weather)...

Thanks all player, friends AND foes...

*EDIT* I DID get the diamonds from the miners!!! ;-)
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Deringers
Private
Private

Post by Deringers » 01 Jul 2012, 21:15

Only the diamond were fake enjoy that :D and the civilians were Zanzian ppl :D including me.

Rythm
Captain
Captain

Post by Rythm » 01 Jul 2012, 22:05

psy-opsing the psy-ops was a stroke of genius from the zansian side...Kudos
6mm.se

B9: UN - Platoon commander
B10: Zansian Black Guards - Platoon commander
B11: Ravens - Company commander/Intel officer
B12: Ravens - 2 in Command
B13: Ikaros - 2iC
B15: Mercs - 2iC
B17: GFM - 2iC
B18: GFM - 2iC

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 01 Jul 2012, 22:34

Deringers wrote:Only the diamond were fake enjoy that :D and the civilians were Zanzian ppl :D including me.
I knew that!! Still i got the diamonds!!? :-)
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Deringers
Private
Private

Post by Deringers » 02 Jul 2012, 04:29

More or less :D they were rocks that were painted and had nothing to do with the game :D the mining story was a covert way to get a deal done and a place at janco to have a good position to spy on your troops :D

Perkele
Private
Private

Post by Perkele » 02 Jul 2012, 14:56

We also had an pineapple for you, shame that we had to use it before we had a chance to "give" it to you... :wink:
B9 - The Firm / Zansian Squad L, Lima-11 / Another drunken Civ with a mushroom addiction
B10: Zansian "Black guard" Infantry Battalion/The man with an exploding pineapple
B11: UA17 operator.
B12: Unisex

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 02 Jul 2012, 19:51

The original mission for the Zansian civvie-op was actually quite "Chuck Norris" and it was close to succeed, but we ran out of time, and didn't get lucky ... :/

But the guys tried really hard and worked well, and did manage to complete another mission, using their "miner" coverstory.

Again, awesome work from them, congrats! And thank you PsyOps for keeping us on our toes ;)
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

Narcalive
Private
Private

Post by Narcalive » 02 Jul 2012, 20:12

If I understood correctly, the Pol combatants in Janco really did think we were actual civilians, at least after a while. At first they might have suspected (correctly) Zansian spies, but i guess that changed. One guy even asked us off-game "is it really that much fun coming to this event as civilians?"

And after the game I hear this: Freno knew we were Zansian's all along as he recognized some of our faces. And this was all off-game.

I hear ignoring that "intel" and playing along took some real effort, and for that I felt a thank you would be appropriate. Thanks Freno for keeping up the game!

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 02 Jul 2012, 20:16

Narcalive wrote: And after the game I hear this: Freno knew we were Zansian's all along as he recognized some of our faces. And this was all off-game.

I hear ignoring that "intel" and playing along took some real effort, and for that I felt a thank you would be appropriate. Thanks Freno for keeping up the game!
Wow. Great LARP from Freno. Awesome!
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat

Deringers
Private
Private

Post by Deringers » 02 Jul 2012, 20:17

Kudos for Freno to pull that LARP ;)

Losolos
Major
Major

Post by Losolos » 02 Jul 2012, 22:45

at the end it was cheating ..playing in Civ was only allowed for Poldavian PSY-OPS.. i sended the intel very early to freno ;) . From my side we had to start killing all green/white at this point ..but the Commander decided to play your game ;) And i must say he was right !

Thank you all for that great game !
B5-B17 on duty
B18 yellow Crow

Narcalive
Private
Private

Post by Narcalive » 02 Jul 2012, 23:03

Losolos wrote: at the end it was cheating ..playing in Civ was only allowed for Poldavian PSY-OPS..
In addition to this particular mission on Zansian side.

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 02 Jul 2012, 23:28

Losolos wrote:
at the end it was cheating ..playing in Civ was only allowed for Poldavian PSY-OPS..
...unless BE issued mission states otherwise, like it did for us. :)
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat

Dexmann
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Dexmann » 02 Jul 2012, 23:29

Narcalive wrote:
Losolos wrote: at the end it was cheating ..playing in Civ was only allowed for Poldavian PSY-OPS..
In addition to this particular mission on Zansian side.
Yep, Berget Events gave us permission to dress as civies with white-green armbands - 10 guys. So no cheating happened.
Berget 8 - 1st Poldavian Infantry Battalion 1st Coy, Kettu-4
Berget 9 - The Firm
Berget 10 - Zansian Blackguard Infantry.
Berget 11 - At home with family (and one year old son)
Berget 12 - Ravens
Berget 13 - Ikaros Corporation

Ouveni
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Ouveni » 03 Jul 2012, 03:55

Yeah, that was BE ordered mission. We even had to make the armbands ourselves by tearing pieces of fabric from where we could find them. As said earlier, we didn't succeed in that mission (get captured by PSYOPS - done, gather intel - done, capture and interrogate PSYOPS CO - failed), but by great LARP and background work from both our groups and Freno, we managed to get another mission done.

Getting captured by poldavians in front of Janco was pretty nice. I managed to get a radio through the search, it was hidden behind my head in a scarf. Unlucky for me, after a small airstrike and getting up again, someone noticed it. It was a matter of seconds, that I didn't get to cover it again with my hands.

I'm really sorry for those poor pol. chaps who got knocked out / knife killed inside Janco Bank. We had a real nice time talking with you, while waiting for psyops transport in Janco, but we really needed to help Zansian attack, and our main mission had already failed, so we thought blowing our cover was worth it.

The POL pick-up in front of Janco bank got us eventually. They stopped right in front of us, and the first person to open his door got shot right away. With a stupid look on his face, he put on his dead rag, came into the bank to look around, and then left somewhere(I think gathering intel while you're dead is wrong, even if u don't tell it to anyone). The car kept on going back and forth in front of us (we had no bavs so no way to destroy it). Then stopped around the corner just to let one guy safely out, who then put his pistol through the window and shot one of us blindly. Then they did the same thing again, but that time the guy got shot from behind by me. Zansian dead players waiting by the water tank got a nice laugh out of that:)
Berget 8 - Poldavian Mechanized Infantry
Berget 9 - Firm civ / Zansian Black Ops
Berget 10 - Zansian Black Guard